Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky # Sevens- July 07 Bandsters

Hey that's not so bad! If you can adrink wine and STILL stick to you food plan that is great.

As it turns out, I got way=layed from my Wii this morning.

My BIL called from Mexico(he's driving on his way back to Canada now) and my nephew is in a mental health crisis... But DNephew 'dosn't think there is anything wrong with him'.... oh my gosh.

So I spent an hour on the phone with him trying to convince him that he needs to get into see a mental health provider for an assessment... US (the family) are convinced that he is BiPolar but he dosn't see it.

This kid is 29 yrs old and has screwed up everything in his life with DRUGS, Alcohol, failed marriage, lost his kids to his estranged wife.... blah,blah, blah... just imaging "days of our Lives" and you get the idea.

I don't think I was successful, but I planted a seed anyways and gave him some resources to check out - if he's interested. I am not optomistic, but I told my BIL that I would try to get t hru to Nephew...

The rest is in God's hands... Nephew is GOing to church these days, since rehab in the fall... but to talk to him "everything" is always somebody elses problem... it is very sad.

But, I am NOT eating over it,.... It is not my problem - I can only be supportive if HE wants my help.. which he made clear he does NOT want.

So Wii will have to wait until after work tonight...

Candice - I am an EXPERT on children with drug problems !!! My DS started meth when he was 15 :eek:

A few yrs here and there sober - but I think what happend last May has finally sobered him up for life God Willing - as you say all you can do is offer the support and help but if they don't want it there is NOTHING we can do to stop it - it breaks our hearts seeing them ruining their lives - killing themselves - but it's it God's hands not ours...

So glad you aren't eating thru these problems..

If we are doing "True Confessions" on this fine Monday morning, I had a FINE, FUN weekend and WAY too much wine! Did pretty good with food though. Jazz festival was a blast!

Phyl - No tickets on vacation !!! but your time here in the desert isn't vacation - just traveling too and from :smile: You get a get of jail free card for traveling time :w00t:

Good morning ladies. Hope you are all having a great day. Just wanted to check in.

Saturday when we went out of town shopping, Jeff admitted that he HAD to do something about his weight. He says he is ready to go to Mexico but he has to see how bad the business taxes are going to be before he can commit to that. However, he has agreed to begin eating better. Of course we had to wait until Monday to start but that wasn't all that bad. He ate "normal" yesterday and that allowed me to track his calories on a regular day. Can I just say....damn men!!! Why are their calories THAT much more???? I set his profile up to lose 2 pounds per week and it said he could eat 2700 cals a day. I said nu uh!! Changed it to 4 pounds per week and now he's at 1700 cals per week. We will start there and see if those numbers are doable.

So I promised to get up with him in the morning and make his Breakfast. We sat down and shared a bowl of kashi and yogurt for breakfast. I made him coffee with SF french vanilla Creamer instead of him going and getting a 20 oz cappacinno. Then when he came home for lunch was making him a grilled chicken salad and he says "that's all I get to eat?" So I added 1/2 cup of cottage cheese and 1/2 a pear. When I offered him the rest of my salad because I couldn't eat it all, he said, "No, actually I'm really full." Sent him back to work with a water bottle with directions to drink an entire bottle before he comes home from work.

I'm so proud of him.

Something my walking partner suggested to use instead of creamer for your coffee. She said she uses Silk soy milk as creamer. I've never had it, but she says it has a nutty flavor that gives a little bit of something that is great. All I could think was "creamer with protein! Yeah!!!"

So have a great day ladies. I will check back in later.

Step a gf used it (soy milk) in her mashed tatoes - ahag yuck - so I have never bought it - I use sf creamer - I only have 1 to 1.5 cups a day - and my coffee still looks like coffee and not milk (I don't use a lot)

I am glad that DH wants to get healthy !!!

No ticket for me, but I have a great idea...but it requires NO cheating. If either one of us deserve a ticket for the day then we actually get to give each other a ticket on parking wars. That way we can literally give each other a ticket. So we can start tonight if you would like! I could use an extra 5560$

Fortunately I don't get a ticket today. Water is good, food is good, exercise...I get a pass today because of my back. Tomorrow I will go back slowly to make sure that I can still work it without doing too much to hurt my back.

dinner is going to be London Broil with a salad. Then...I have a new favorite treat. I take some frozen berries and blend it with the Atkins Vanilla Protein Shake. MMMMMMM good. Now tonight I am going to make it even healthier. I don't need the extra Protein because I get enough during the day with my meals so since what I really want from the shake is the vanilla flavoring I am going to blend it with some water and vanilla extract and see if that works. If it does then it tastes WAY better than a milk shake with only 80 calories. Seriously a great after dinner snack.

So Janet let me know if I should ticket away!

KARRI

NO PARKING WARS TICKETS :) HECK YOU JUST STARTED AND I THINK YOU ARE CLOSE TO ME IN $$$

TICKETS ON LBT IS MORE EXERCISE !!!!

Parking wars is just play $$ so I really don't care about it - I am an exercise person - but can't say I just super love it - I do what I have to and that's it - so for me going more is going to be a deterine in me eating ...

CALORIES/CARBS/FAT/PROTEINnt3_totals2.jpg1,275/201/53/59 nt3_dailygoal2.gif 1,000 - 1,100163 - 23632 - 5660 - 127

a little over goal calories for today... but that's o.k. its all accountable...

If I get a ticket, I get a ticket

TIred tonight, but at least I am done eating!!!! 8 p.m. here just got home from work and finished supper.

DH had made pizza , so that's why my numbers are higher than I'd like...

Had to rush to work this aft. after talking LD to Nephew... so I grabbed a 12 grain bagel & Cream cheese for lunch... threw away 1/2 the bread of the bagel, but geesh it still added up.

But I am being HONEST and its listed here..

Hugs, Ladies & have a super night.

Can:tongue_smilie:

Candice not bad on the calories !!!!

Ladies, I almost feel virtuous...AND I actually had an 'I am full moment' today.

Breakfast: oatmeal, skim milk, whey protein, SF maple Syrup 285 cals

SF Jello 20 cals

Lunch: 1/2 c FF refried Beans, T salsa, 0.5 oz Shred Cheese 190cals

AND I walked home from work...3 miles in one hour!!

Feet are tender, new shoes should be home tomorrow!!

AND I lost a pound since Wednesday!!!

WHOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

No ticket for me today!!!! BUT I couldn't have done it without all of you, and your great recipes!!

Also, I found a great place for bariatic recipes and they also sell a large variety of SF products.

BariatricEating.com - BE, Inc. The number one bariatric website for protein, Vitamins, and success.

Let's hope tomorrow goes as well as today.

Karla - see that red word !!!!!

CONGRATS ON YOUR POUND AND ON YOUR GOOD EATING DAY... You WILL eat well today ! and love your foods !!!

Karri - I think if we get too comfortable at where we are at - that's what leads us back to eating the wrong things - thinking it's ok - I guess for me that's what has kept me on the straight and narrow for so long... I have lost the weight before (well not this much) and kept if off for a couple of year and then it came back plus some.. But that's cuz I would start eating again (sleeve of ritz crackers - saying I would have 4 - then before you knew it they were gone)

Well, I tried to highlight just this bit of Janet's post, but I ended up going back and deleting most of it. Well, this is the reason I haven't posted lately. I don't want a ticket. But, I am comfy where I'm at and I've become careless. Especially since my darling little grandkids gave me their colds and it's a nasty one. And of course I have to fall back on that old adage..........feed a cold, starve a fever. I did pedal though. Didn't make it to the gym though. Weather was nasty and I felt nasty. So I stayed home. Napped, started a new quilt, facebooked and grazed.

Karla - don't worry about boring us. We need to hear about all your problems and feelings. Cause, we've been there, done that, and we (I am) are still doing it.

So, I'm gonna quit here, go back and finish up Facebook and then play pathwords and then hit the sheets. Tomorrow's another day, even though they are forecasting snow flakes. It's gonna hit 76 Saturday.

HAVE A GREAT NIGHT FOLKS. TTYL

Yep Kari - I have become a little careless lately myself - I have been at 139 - 140 more than I have been at 138 the last couple of weeks - I like the 138 # and I want to see that # when I get on the scales - I don't like seeing 140 !!!

So the back is feeling better. I strained it while participating in the Mr. RHS fundraiser pagent that our school does every year. I was in the talent portion of one of the students. He was pretending to be Richard Simmons while we were doing "Sweating to the Oldies" Before the actual performance begain we were supposed to be doing typical stretching from the 80's. Well there is a reason the stretching should be Fluid and not Jerky. I have video that I will try to post on facebook later that will show you my stretches!!! It was a hillarious skit but I kind of strained my back a little bit.

However it is feeling MUCH better. So I am going to try and do 15 miles tomorrow before I ramp it down to 3 miles per day.

Food has been going amazing. I went grocery shopping tonight to get food for tomorrow and the next couple of days. One of the problems at work is that I can't do meat at work. When I try to eat it my tummy just feels sick. I want something lighter. So I went and got it. Good healthy foods that are light and look very similar to what I used to eat.

Well I am heading off to bed.

Karri - I went to the gym - then shopping for food - home put it all up then cooked 2 dinners, cut up fruit, fed the dogs & cat - marinated meat for tonite - made a one pot wonder for lunches and didn't sit down til 8:30 last night !!!!

Hi ladies. A quick check in tonight to give my totals. I deserve a ticket!

Gross cals 1320

net cals 850

protein 56g

I did walk my 5 miles, up hill, so that was good, but had a horrible sweets craving today so ate 1/2 cup of raisins. Should have had 3 fudge bars, would have been better calorie wise, but this gives me my Iron so I guess that's a positive.

Jeff ended with 2200 cals for the day. We need to buckle down a little bit more. I need more focus. I'll weigh in on my wii tomorrow after the kids go to daycare and let you know how it's been since Friday.

Karla, way to go, but what did you have for dinner. Don't let your cals get too low, you need to keep healing. Stick at 1000.

Have a good night ladies. I will do my penance in the morning.

Steph

Ticket are for eating bad stuff and going way over calories cuz you ate 2 pieces of cake - - not for 1/2 clup raisins !!!!

CALORIES/CARBS/FAT/PROTEINnt3_totals2.jpg1,055/156/27/62

This is my TUESDAY food.< /p>

I did Wii fit for 45 minutes this morning before work.

Had a pretty good day at work...one of the staff members who "wasn't working out too well" came in and quit yesterday... big sigh of releif was heard all the way to Toronto!!

Haven't heard any 'news' on DNephew, so hopefully everyting is calm there.

O.k. I need some "food police" help here..

I have been ontrack with my food and exercise.

BUT, I am going away for the weekend with DH to my GF house in London, 2 parties to attend...

HOW am I going to stay on PLAN and eat properly... its always so hard when you are out of your SAFE environment.

ANy suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Oh I know, I should just keep my foot on DIANNA's throat!!!!

Edited by peaches9

BUT, I am going away for the weekend with DH to my GF house in London, 2 parties to attend...

HOW am I going to stay on PLAN and eat properly... its always so hard when you are out of your SAFE environment.

When I have to go to a party I try to take something with me that is VERY low in calories and that I like. Then I only eat that. Or I have even been known to take my plate of food with me.

I didn't get my 15 miles in today because we had a budget meeting at school and it didn't get over until almost 4:30. By the time I started running it would have been 5 and I wouldn't have gotten home until after 8. So instead I ran on the treadmill for 30 minutes and then biked for another 30 minutes. I will run my 15 miles tomorrow! Now if only my dinner would get done I would be a happy camper. I am STARVING. All of a sudden DH doesn't think he needs to cook anymore. If he works a minute over what he is supposed to, then you think that he has worked as hard as a ditch digger. The meat was already marinating...all he had to do was stick it in the oven. I am NOT in a good mood today...can you tell?

Finally able to get to LBT! I guess they were doing maintenance again!

Candice..... weekend parties sounds like my Jazz weekend! I kept the food pretty well under control, as I reported earlier, but not the wine!! Especially on Saturday! We took 1 3/4 bottle with us in the afternoon, and before dark, when Stan went back to the house for something, Earl called him on my cell phone to tell him "we're out of wine... bring the BOX!!" He got teased about that the rest of the weekend! In our defense, we were NOT the only ones drinking our wine! But it was NOT good! I don't understand why I had not a hint of a hangover because I deserved one!

Hi ladies. I'm going to post here what I sent email earlier today and then add to the bottom...so this may seem like repeat!

Hi ladies. I'll also check in here. Just spent over an hour and a half in the dentist chair. Now my mouth hurts. couldn't sleep last night so I'm just exhausted. All I want is a nap and I have a TON to do!

Jeff did well with breakfast and he will for lunch. We are going out and he will probably have a salad of some sort. He is going out of town for 3 days and I really hope he sticks with it. If he can do THAT, he'll have it all made.

Got on Wii today and was down almost a pound from Friday. that is beyond great! Now if my pants will just fit soon. I "Secret"ed my desires and I know it will happen. I have a LOT of summer clothes that right now are too small for me. Not by May 15 when I speak for Froid's graduation. So I have 3 weeks to drop about 10 pounds. My walking partner wants to try 7 miles tonight, so I'm going to go for it! I walked the killer hill here in town last night...but I made it.

Janet., Rose is going to be in Laughlin about the 6th. Don't know if it is possible for you to go see her but they are staying there for 2 days. She said she would give me definite dates when she got somewhere that she could look at her itinerary. I want to say they are staying at Herod's but I don't know why I want to say that...so don't quote me.

Hmmmm...there was something else I wanted to talk about but now....

Oh....Denise, so glad you took the time to pamper and enjoy yourself. You have to do that more often. You have some horrific stress in your life. If you don't take time to decompress you will go crazy!

Okay. I'd better get. Have a great day ladies!

Now onto the rest of my day....went to the dentist this morning...at lunch lost my temp. crown so had to go back. The only positive about that was I was doing walk stuff in between and when Doc asked what I had been up to he gave me a $50 donation!

So my food today has been good but I haven't tracked it yet. kashi and yogurt for breakfast (just went and bought diet yogurt to see if I can hack it if it's mixed with kashi). Lunch was about a 1/4 of a grilled chx salad (mostly grilled chicken, not so much salad). Walked late tonight so I went to the store and picked up a taco salad. I may treat myself tonight with something because of the craziness of my day I didn't do the middle snacking so I can have one while I watch the biggest loser. We'll see where the calories total out at.

Tomorrow Jeff leaves for 3 days. It will be just me and the kids. Anyone want to come relieve me???

Okay...off. Have a great night ladies.

How can I be good one day and eat the world the next? Monday, my calories must have been to low, because on Tuesday I was starving...I also took my students on a Field trip, so the stress was high. My calories for Monday where 761, but my calories for Tuesday were 1883. So I guess I get a ticket:sad:. I didn't get a chance to walk, other than following students around for the day. Didn't get home from work until almost 7pm, I just love 12 hour days, and then to my quilting group. I haven't been for months, mainly because I am embarressed to go, too fat.

My new walking shoes came yesterday, so now I can walk without my feet killing me!!!

Good job Steph, but remember, you can support and encourage DH, but you can't do it for him.

You all are in my thoughts & prayers, it is hard when we have to watch our family downward spiral.

Have a good day, and good 'food' day!!

How can I be good one day and eat the world the next? Monday, my calories must have been to low, because on Tuesday I was starving...I also took my students on a Field trip, so the stress was high. My calories for Monday where 761, but my calories for Tuesday were 1883. So I guess I get a ticket:sad:. I didn't get a chance to walk, other than following students around for the day. Didn't get home from work until almost 7pm, I just love 12 hour days, and then to my quilting group. I haven't been for months, mainly because I am embarressed to go, too fat.

My new walking shoes came yesterday, so now I can walk without my feet killing me!!!

Good job Steph, but remember, you can support and encourage DH, but you can't do it for him.

You all are in my thoughts & prayers, it is hard when we have to watch our family downward spiral.

If you give us a list of what you ate we have all gotten very good at coming up with low cal replacements for them. Post what you ate and we can try to help you.

Karla, you are very right about low cals one day wreaking havoc the next day. Every day I've stayed super low, the following day is torture. You need to vary your cals every day but you really need to stay around 1000. And Karri is our expert at finding really yummy replacements for high calorie foods.

Well ladies, I was beat last night before I went to bed. Working on an "art" project. I'll show you pictures when I'm done. So that meant I didn't track my calories last night. I know they were around 1200. My Water was a little low, probably around 40 oz. So today I've got to rehydrate and get back on line to track. Probably when the kids take a nap.

I walked those 7 miles last night and my legs are screaming at me today. My training schedule gives me an "off" day today so I won't fall behind if I don't walk. But I enjoy it. No one to watch the little ones while Michael goes to confimation though, so I'm probably not going to get it in. I slept so well last night and I'm super exhausted today. I'm not really sure why. I got plenty of sleep. I can hardly keep moving today. Dragging butt! that usually means a bad food day. I'll have to be on guard for that little voice that tells me I can eat whatever I want today. Tired is such a bad way to be. Scary.

Okay. I'd better go get my project donw. Talk to you later.

Candice

Ya that's what you have to do is keep your foot on her throat - I don't have any great ideas - as I am not good when away from home - my saving grace is that my band won't let me eat too much real food - so stick with meats chick fish and then a litte of something else - just stay away from the treats (sweets) especially if you are going to have a cocktail or 2...

I didn't get my 15 miles in today because we had a budget meeting at school and it didn't get over until almost 4:30. By the time I started running it would have been 5 and I wouldn't have gotten home until after 8. So instead I ran on the treadmill for 30 minutes and then biked for another 30 minutes. I will run my 15 miles tomorrow! Now if only my dinner would get done I would be a happy camper. I am STARVING. All of a sudden DH doesn't think he needs to cook anymore. If he works a minute over what he is supposed to, then you think that he has worked as hard as a ditch digger. The meat was already marinating...all he had to do was stick it in the oven. I am NOT in a good mood today...can you tell?

Karri arent men too funny - this is why I wish I were born a Man - wouldn't it be nice to work all day and come home and have dinner ready !!! then just to sit and watch tv afterwards...

I have gotten so use to cooking for me (my xdh did most of the cooking and when I got home dinner was done) that it's just a way of life - but I did so very much enjoy the cruise where I didn't have to cook for a week..

Finally changed my ticker. While my Nike+ was keeping track I was NOT good at changing it!

Not half bad if I say so myself!

Great mileage - heck I am always forgetting to update my exercise ticker..

Finally able to get to LBT! I guess they were doing maintenance again!

Candice..... weekend parties sounds like my Jazz weekend! I kept the food pretty well under control, as I reported earlier, but not the wine!! Especially on Saturday! We took 1 3/4 bottle with us in the afternoon, and before dark, when Stan went back to the house for something, Earl called him on my cell phone to tell him "we're out of wine... bring the BOX!!" He got teased about that the rest of the weekend! In our defense, we were NOT the only ones drinking our wine! But it was NOT good! I don't understand why I had not a hint of a hangover because I deserved one!

Sometime you can drink and other times it hits you - glad you had a good time - when will you be home??

Hi ladies. I'm going to post here what I sent email earlier today and then add to the bottom...so this may seem like repeat!

Hi ladies. I'll also check in here. Just spent over an hour and a half in the dentist chair. Now my mouth hurts. couldn't sleep last night so I'm just exhausted. All I want is a nap and I have a TON to do!

Jeff did well with breakfast and he will for lunch. We are going out and he will probably have a salad of some sort. He is going out of town for 3 days and I really hope he sticks with it. If he can do THAT, he'll have it all made.

Got on Wii today and was down almost a pound from Friday. that is beyond great! Now if my pants will just fit soon. I "Secret"ed my desires and I know it will happen. I have a LOT of summer clothes that right now are too small for me. Not by May 15 when I speak for Froid's graduation. So I have 3 weeks to drop about 10 pounds. My walking partner wants to try 7 miles tonight, so I'm going to go for it! I walked the killer hill here in town last night...but I made it.

Janet., Rose is going to be in Laughlin about the 6th. Don't know if it is possible for you to go see her but they are staying there for 2 days. She said she would give me definite dates when she got somewhere that she could look at her itinerary. I want to say they are staying at Herod's but I don't know why I want to say that...so don't quote me.

Hmmmm...there was something else I wanted to talk about but now....

Oh....Denise, so glad you took the time to pamper and enjoy yourself. You have to do that more often. You have some horrific stress in your life. If you don't take time to decompress you will go crazy!

Okay. I'd better get. Have a great day ladies!

Now onto the rest of my day....went to the dentist this morning...at lunch lost my temp. crown so had to go back. The only positive about that was I was doing walk stuff in between and when Doc asked what I had been up to he gave me a $50 donation!

So my food today has been good but I haven't tracked it yet. kashi and yogurt for breakfast (just went and bought diet yogurt to see if I can hack it if it's mixed with kashi). Lunch was about a 1/4 of a grilled chx salad (mostly grilled chicken, not so much salad). Walked late tonight so I went to the store and picked up a taco salad. I may treat myself tonight with something because of the craziness of my day I didn't do the middle snacking so I can have one while I watch the biggest loser. We'll see where the calories total out at.

Tomorrow Jeff leaves for 3 days. It will be just me and the kids. Anyone want to come relieve me???

Okay...off. Have a great night ladies.

Steph - diet - nope it's called lite :wink:without the sugar and fat that really boost the calories - I haven't tried it but alot of pple talk about the greek yogurt - Fala or something like that - I think its not to bad in calories and has TONS of Protein.< /strong>

May 6th is during the week so I doubt I can make it - I may be going to see ds for mothers day.

1800 :) a little high gf - ya it evens out but that was a bit much

800 to 1200 was my varied calories durning my weight loss phase

Karla, you are very right about low cals one day wreaking havoc the next day. Every day I've stayed super low, the following day is torture. You need to vary your cals every day but you really need to stay around 1000. And Karri is our expert at finding really yummy replacements for high calorie foods.

Well ladies, I was beat last night before I went to bed. Working on an "art" project. I'll show you pictures when I'm done. So that meant I didn't track my calories last night. I know they were around 1200. My Water was a little low, probably around 40 oz. So today I've got to rehydrate and get back on line to track. Probably when the kids take a nap.

I walked those 7 miles last night and my legs are screaming at me today. My training schedule gives me an "off" day today so I won't fall behind if I don't walk. But I enjoy it. No one to watch the little ones while Michael goes to confimation though, so I'm probably not going to get it in. I slept so well last night and I'm super exhausted today. I'm not really sure why. I got plenty of sleep. I can hardly keep moving today. Dragging butt! that usually means a bad food day. I'll have to be on guard for that little voice that tells me I can eat whatever I want today. Tired is such a bad way to be. Scary.

Steph

Being tired is a big big food trigger for me too - so just stay away from the junk !!!

Janet, just talked to Rose. She was off on her days. She'll be at Hera's (?) on the 3rd and 4th. I think that's what she said.

I'm trying to stay away from the junk today. My back is killing me but I know if I get out and walk a bit today I'll be fine. No tough hills today and not as far. 7 was pushing it I think.

Working on 3day stuff so I'm around to check in and out. Have a great day ladies.

Hey Everybody,

I'm way behind on post, don't know when I'll get to read them. Mom still in ICU, they still don't know where the infection is coming from. Waiting on biop results from colon. She will not eat. Had bread and vanilla wafers last night on her tray. She wouldn't even put one in her mouth. She lives for bread!! She says they taste horrible. ????

I'm going on the treadmill. TTFN

Stephanie; You have permission to kick your "evil alter ego" to the curb!!! It's HER that puts those FOOD THOUGHTS in your head...

Janet came up with the idea for me, and so far it is working great!!! My EVIL twin's name is Dianna and I talk BAD to her whenever I see a tempting thing.

CALORIES/CARBS/FAT/PROTEINnt3_totals2.jpg1,327/185/46/55

Todays numbers.. no wii.

I sent y'all my new recipe by email.. I made it tonight.. It was so good I had to leave the dishes and get out of the kitchen or I would have had a 2nd helping! It was that good.

Also, I am finding I am a bit more hungry now that I've been doing the Wii.

karri & Phyl.. thanks for the weekend eating solutions, you are right... I just need to plan on bringing SOMETHING really LEGAL that I like and just eat that.... of course I'll bring my own wine too. :)