Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky # Sevens- July 07 Bandsters

Just checked my email and a friend of mine who is working on getting the band is going to the bank for a loan. She says that if it all goes well she is planning on going to TJ to Dr. Ortiz the end of the month. 2 questions....

1. He's good right? I don't have time to research right now but I want to tell her to run if he's iffy.

2. She has asked if I would travel with her. Do I need a passport to go to TJ? I don't have one and don't think it would get back that quickly.

I'm so excited for her, but I really have to get to bed. Hugs ladies.

Steph

I was banded by Dr. Ortiz. It was great. He is good and he runs a first class place down there. Everyone speaks english, the hotel is great and the clinic is super clean. I'd go back if I did it over again. Tell her not to worry. It'll be fine.

As for the passport, I can't answer that. I didn't need one but that was when they gave you an extra year to get one. And, we drove across the border from San Diego. I would have needed one if I flew into TJ. Have your friend ask the co-ordinator about it. They are located in SD and aren't in Mexico, so they would know.

Hi guys. I'm back in my room for the night. It was a long day. The new pain meds the PA gave me yesterday did the trick for most of the day though. It was bearable and only had trouble as I was away from the room longer than the meds lasted.

I love the idea of Canada. Depending on what happens with my back, I'm in. I still think we could do Vegas for Thanksgiving.

Phyl, I meant to tell you when you posted the pics, but Janet's reminded me, you are looking AWESOME! I see a big difference in your face from the last pics you posted.

My pain meds have kicked in and I think it's the day to have an early night. I'll talk to you tomorrow ladies. Hugs!!!

Steph

I was banded by Dr. Ortiz. It was great. He is good and he runs a first class place down there. Everyone speaks english, the hotel is great and the clinic is super clean. I'd go back if I did it over again. Tell her not to worry. It'll be fine.

As for the passport, I can't answer that. I didn't need one but that was when they gave you an extra year to get one. And, we drove across the border from San Diego. I would have needed one if I flew into TJ. Have your friend ask the co-ordinator about it. They are located in SD and aren't in Mexico, so they would know.

Do they do any plastic/cosmetic surgery??

I want thighplasty among others!

I was just googling Canada, Elvis Fest, distance.....

I wanna go bad. I don't think I can. I have to work summer school for the kids tuitions. DS is over 6 thousand and DD is going off for masters next year.

I don't even know if we'll get weekend camping trips anymore with the condition my Mom is in.

Taking her for chest xray and bloodwork tomorrow. She looks and feels the worst she ever has. They may admit her. The doctor changed her diabeties meds. Maybe thats whats wrong. ?????

I don't see the hearts on the sheets, and I have my reading glasses on. The pets are too cute, but what da hell happened to Angel? Bad hair day?

The pictures are great. I wanna go on that tram thingy. Where is it?

I actually worked from 7 am until 9 tonight. I hate my job. AND I don't like the bit on Dave Letterman right now. That Lyle the obnoxious intern is an ass. Obnoxious ass bits are not funny to me. I deal with no manners all day, it ain't funny to me. :thumbup:

We had a kid with a gun yesterday. Hand BB gun.

We also had someone give me some vicoden he says he found on the stairs. Another fun filled day.

11 pm and I still have to go dry my hair TTFN

One more thing, and I swear I'm going dry my hair.

Just turned on today's special value. Gorgeous!!!

Hot Pink, ohhhhh I want it. OHHH, don't need it,

OHHHH, turn it off, look away, look away.

I have Dennis Basso's Leopard print flat fur jacket with hood. Makes me feel like a movie star. Everybody loves my jacket!!!

Hi guys. I'm back in my room for the night. It was a long day. The new pain meds the PA gave me yesterday did the trick for most of the day though. It was bearable and only had trouble as I was away from the room longer than the meds lasted.

I love the idea of Canada. Depending on what happens with my back, I'm in. I still think we could do Vegas for Thanksgiving.

Phyl, I meant to tell you when you posted the pics, but Janet's reminded me, you are looking AWESOME! I see a big difference in your face from the last pics you posted.

My pain meds have kicked in and I think it's the day to have an early night. I'll talk to you tomorrow ladies. Hugs!!!

Steph - If you saw her (Phyl) in person you would really see the diff - even the part of her body that she hates most has improved dramatically - she is looking fantastic and have you noticed how photogenic she is - she doesn't take bad picture...

I was just googling Canada, Elvis Fest, distance.....

I wanna go bad. I don't think I can. I have to work summer school for the kids tuitions. DS is over 6 thousand and DD is going off for masters next year.

I don't even know if we'll get weekend camping trips anymore with the condition my Mom is in.

Taking her for chest xray and bloodwork tomorrow. She looks and feels the worst she ever has. They may admit her. The doctor changed her diabeties meds. Maybe thats whats wrong. ?????

I don't see the hearts on the sheets, and I have my reading glasses on. The pets are too cute, but what da hell happened to Angel? Bad hair day?

The pictures are great. I wanna go on that tram thingy. Where is it?

I actually worked from 7 am until 9 tonight. I hate my job. AND I don't like the bit on Dave Letterman right now. That Lyle the obnoxious intern is an ass. Obnoxious ass bits are not funny to me. I deal with no manners all day, it ain't funny to me. :thumbup:

We had a kid with a gun yesterday. Hand BB gun.

We also had someone give me some vicoden he says he found on the stairs. Another fun filled day.

11 pm and I still have to go dry my hair TTFN

One more thing, and I swear I'm going dry my hair.

Just turned on today's special value. Gorgeous!!!

Hot Pink, ohhhhh I want it. OHHH, don't need it,

OHHHH, turn it off, look away, look away.

I have Dennis Basso's Leopard print flat fur jacket with hood. Makes me feel like a movie star. Everybody loves my jacket!!!

Denise - I haven't seen it yet (TSV) but I love Basso - I have a cape of his... How are his faux furs - I love the look of them on tv but have been afarid to get them thinking they would look too fake - He has a really nice white long fur coat that I always love

Hope your Mom is ok - Let us know ok ..

Google Palm Springs Aerial Tram - Since I live here I forget about it - but it is wonderful and Linda really enjoyed it - I forget that pple in other areas don't have Mountains like we do...

Angel hadn't had a hair cut in that pic - it was right before I took her to the groomer - now she's naked with a big top knot no hearts on sheet - just purple sheets...

Ok Good morning gang - Angel woke me up at 4:20 - I have figured out tips for cruise - parking $$$ - found parking lot at terminal - entered it in my gps -

Now going to jump in the shower - I will ck back when I get to work...

CALORIESCARBSFATPROTEINnt3_totals2.jpg1,1331603061

Yesterday's totals + exercise 1 1/2 miles on treadmill

CALORIESCARBSFATPROTEINnt3_totals2.jpg1,1331603061

Yesterday's totals + exercise 1 1/2 miles on treadmill

Very Good GF.. good food and exercise.... You know that Phyl has given me the new crown of exercise cop on top of my food cop hat... So today 2 miles :thumbup:

Ok the head count is Me - Phyl - Kari - Linda (well she hasn't responded cuz she's in Vegas - but I know that she indicated she was coming) - Possible Steph depending on her back.

Car and Donna - What about you guy's you are lucky #7's too...

Not much to report - ate eggbeaters last night for dinner instead of my fish - wanted something else - oh ya I had 4 small artichokes and I mean small - but the hearts were good.. my calories for yesterday 1535... No exercise - thrusday is my off day from the gym...

Ok need to get in gear hear - will cbl :thumbup:

I'm waiting for the diabeties dr to call me to see if he wants me to bring my Mom to the ER. Her blood sugars is running over 500. She looks and feels like death.

Janet my jacket is flat fur, really just a fur print, light weight jacket. I don't wear real fur look, too much extra poundage. Is Angel the white one?

I'm waiting for the diabeties dr to call me to see if he wants me to bring my Mom to the ER. Her blood sugars is running over 500. She looks and feels like death.

Janet my jacket is flat fur, really just a fur print, light weight jacket. I don't wear real fur look, too much extra poundage. Is Angel the white one?

Denise - take your mom to the doc NOW NOW NOW DON'T WAIT FOR A CALL !!!

Yep - Angel is the white poodle - bear black pom - sheba the orange cat... My little fur babies - really all Andrew's animals - but you know how that always ends up.

When he brought Angel home - I refuse to have anything to do with her cuz of Bear (thought he was replacing him and I didn't want Bear to feel unloved) - but Angel doesn't care for Andrew (Bear Loves Andrew - but he doesn't pay attention to him much) Well, Angel grew on me and now she's my dog - she is the perfect size - and she is a total lap dog (bear is about 18 lbs and just a little to big for lap) and she doesn't require tons of attention - she is happy just sitting next to me - where bear - likes to play fetch- be petted etc - he's an attention hog - and the Cat is a Cat - she comes to me when she wants - but I have a red winter robe - she loves..

But I do have to say when we are all outside and it's time to come in - I call the cat and she comes.. So I have trained her well..

I don't feel like working..... I want lunch and it's only 10...

Cobb salad - can you beleive I want a salad - Our taste does change (well sometimes)

I don't know if any of you have seen this - but thought I would give you all a heads up - Post from Alex from last night

LapBandTalk.com is Moving!

LapBandTalk.com will be migrating it’s service to a new infrastructure over the weekend.

Lately, LapBandTalk.com has experienced a large increase in traffic. We’ve optimized the current servers to run as good as they’re capable of, yet the constant increase in traffic requires us to upgrade to our new infrastructure.

The new environment will allow us to grow with our traffic. Instantly. We have spent many weeks designing and testing the new infrastructure and are confident that your experience will be more consistent, and greatly improved.

We will begin the transition this Sunday at 12:00AM EST, at which time LapBandTalk.com will become unavailable.

The entire migration should take between 4 and 6 hours, and will be fully operational on its return.

Once the move has been completed, we are going to activate an e-mail address for bug reports. Should you notice any issues with site loading, posting, uploading, chat, etc. we urge you to report the issue to bugs@lapbandtalk.com with full details on the issue, as well as a URL if available.

Supporting Each Other,

The LapBandTalk Team

Alex

- LBT Founder

---------------

Banded in NYU by Dr. Ren

7/17/03 257 Lbs

Currently 156 Lbs

Good info to have, thanks Janet

Do they do any plastic/cosmetic surgery??

I want thighplasty among others!

I don't think so, but I know they have referrals. It's on his website. And it is cheaper down there. But not much in the way of aftercare..unless you recouperate down there. And you've defeated the purpose of saving money.

We are home. And it's cold. I miss the sun and warmth. I didn't do too bad. Weighed myself this morning. 175. the high side of my plateau. I got on my bike this morning and OMG.....the resistance was tight. Real tight. I never felt it before...didn't think there was much. I was wrong. Then I finished unpacking, got dressed and went to the gym. But I had to get a script filled so I went to Walmart first. It took forever but had a blast shopping. They have all their tops on sale. Got a big bag full. One was $9.00(not on sale), one was $7.00 and the rest were $5.00. Stocked up.got lots of different colors. I ended up having to wait over an hour for my pills so I didn't get to the gym, but I am ready (I think) and motivated (for now) so I'll start up again Monday. (that's the plan, anyway):scared2:

I can't wait till this summer. Janet, Find out if it is cheaper to fly into Detroit or Flint. I'll pick you up and we can go from there. It'll be about a 6-7 hour drive.

Got to go make dinner. Going to make spinach stuffed shells with low fat ricotta. So, TTYL. I've got time now red these so....

I don't think so, but I know they have referrals. It's on his website. And it is cheaper down there. But not much in the way of aftercare..unless you recouperate down there. And you've defeated the purpose of saving money.

I kind of remember reading the journal of a lady who had extensive work done somewhere west of west Texas. Included in her cost was about a week or 10 days of aftercare at a nearby hotel and the doctor was coming to check on her at her hotel. Wish I could remember what thread I found that on. She highly recommended that doctor and his practice.

We are home. And it's cold. I miss the sun and warmth.

It's still cold in WA and I don't want to go home!!

One more month here and we head north!

:D:crying::mad2::heart::eek:

I didn't do too bad. Weighed myself this morning. 175. the high side of my plateau. I got on my bike this morning and OMG.....the resistance was tight. Real tight. I never felt it before...didn't think there was much. I was wrong. Then I finished unpacking, got dressed and went to the gym. But I had to get a script filled so I went to Walmart first. It took forever but had a blast shopping. They have all their tops on sale. Got a big bag full. One was $9.00(not on sale), one was $7.00 and the rest were $5.00. Stocked up.got lots of different colors. I ended up having to wait over an hour for my pills so I didn't get to the gym, but I am ready (I think) and motivated (for now) so I'll start up again Monday. (that's the plan, anyway):scared2:

I can't wait till this summer. Janet, Find out if it is cheaper to fly into Detroit or Flint. I'll pick you up and we can go from there. It'll be about a 6-7 hour drive.

Got to go make dinner. Going to make spinach stuffed shells with low fat ricotta. So, TTYL. I've got time now red these so....

I am jealous that you did that well at Wal-Mart. I was complaining to DH yesterday that they seem to have quit carrying the knit tops that I liked... bright colors, I liked the fabric and the fit and they were under $10! Can't find anything I like there anymore. I thought my taste was changing! But I think their prices have gone up and the quality has gone down. The stuff you found.... probably clearing out the stuff I like!

Looks like i have to fly this summer, too... in to Buffalo, then drive north to Candice's. Stupid old jury duty screwed up all my plans. I think Linda A is wanting to ride with you if her DH doesn't go, and maybe even if he does?? Janet may remember what she said better than me when we saw her this week. I think she told her husband they might be stopping to pick you up.

Edited by phyllser

Steph - If you saw her (Phyl) in person you would really see the diff - even the part of her body that she hates most has improved dramatically - she is looking fantastic and have you noticed how photogenic she is - she doesn't take bad picture....

You are too kind!! I really appreciate what you said more than you'll ever know!! Photogenic??? You haven't seen the pictures of me with my eyes closed! But, THANK YOU!!

I am trying to research thigh plasty in Mexico!!

Even today... a lady I barely know... sitting in the hot tub with her and she says.... and they always start with, "I probably shouldn't say this".... she was very nice, but I knew what she was talking about when she started commending me on getting in to the pool every day. Said she knows how much "courage" that takes because she has fought weight all her life. HUH??? She was about as big as a toothpick! Anyway, I knew she was talking about my legs, even though she didn't say so, because I don't think the rest of me looks that bad in a bathing suit anymore! It's my damn legs that are so grotesque and ugly!! I keep worrying that if I have the knee replacements done FIRST, then maybe I can't get a plastic surgeon to mess with my legs. I have a friend who's husband is a plastic surgeon... in Florida, and he mostly does faces, I think. So I had her ask him if he could refer me to someone... and if he thought it'd be okay to do my legs before I reach goal and he told her to tell me to wait. Well, I don't want to!!

BTW... I know there is progress, though!

I put another pair of sweat pants in the "goodwill" bag today when I got back from the pool.

I was putting them on in the locker room and accidentally started to put both legs in one leg hole! And they almost fit that way!

Time to retire them! The bag is getting very full and it's the second bag this winter.