Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky # Sevens- July 07 Bandsters

What did you do to those POOR puppies? Beat them? Throw them out in a snow drift? Pooor thinggggs!

Car - I live in the Desert - no snow :0) - They were napping as they do 99% of the day time - I just thought it was cute with the kitten laying with them... She is a new addition to my family.. Just what I needed was another animal :0)

Hi Guys,

Feeling yucky today. When I had the fill a week ago Thursday, it really messed with me taking my meds in the PM. If I take my lipitor as usual before going to bed it wakes me up at about 2:00 AM with a wicked case of acid-reflux. If I take it during the AM, which I did today, I'm sick all day long. Talked to the pharm. and she suggested taking the med. with food. Guess I'll try that tomorrow. Too yucky to go to yoga. Just want to sleep. Really bad thing to do at work.

Sipping on my peach smoothie. Can't handle the beautiful piece of wild salmon I have set aside for lunch.

Steph, what did the MD say? My problems are minor. We are all worrying about you.

Snow ladies....maybe we should have our own get together and show the other ladies how tough we really are? Can we say "snow shoes"? We just got a new Branson tractor to keep our driveway (1/4 mile long) open. With our 6' wide snow blower on the PTO, DH should have an easier time getting us out to the county road. Of course, there are always the times when he is travelling. My x-country skis have never failed me (except in the 7' snow fall we got about 3 yrs ago).

Better go so I can rest my head on a nice warm keyboard. Hopefully, my boss won't notice.

Car

Carolyn - Hope you aren't too tight - if you can only drink you maybe... Becareful

Hi ladies. Hope you are having a wonderful day. I just wanted to pop in and let you all know what the doc said.

He really thinks the problem is my blood pressure but he doesn't want to rule out the hypoglycemia. He wants me to keep my glucose monitor with me at all times and if I do start feeling horrible to take a reading. He did caution that if I felt THAT bad to eat FIRST and then take the reading. It doesn't happen that fast so I'm not too worried about that.

As for the blood pressure he said biggest issue is staying hydrated. He likened it to trying to push too little Water through a hose. If you are dehydrated, I guess your blood doesn't have the volume???? Anyways. He says that when you stop drinking at 9pm or so, that by the time you get up your body is basically a quart low of Fluid. If I then don't drink something because I'm busy or not drinking that day, by lunch I'm worse than that. Anyways....then when I'm dehydrated, not only do I lose blood pressure, but I also get my electrolytes out of balance. So he suggests when I get up in the morning to drink an 8oz glass of fruit juice. It not only gives me a sugar boost for my glucose level, it also has enough salt in it to bring up my blood pressure. He said he looked back and since my blood pressure was always on the lower side of normal when I was heavy, now that I'm pushing 90 lbs gone, my body is bound to have a little trouble figuring out how to deal with it. He even went so far to call it "traumatic". I think that's a little dramatic, but okay.

Anyways...his final suggestion was to make sure I keep some kind of sugar with me at all times. Which I'm going to struggle with because if I have it, I want to eat it. The bottles of juice won't work in the winter because when I need it, it will be frozen if not the bottle broken. Anyways....I will figure it out. I know I will.

So you all can stop worrying about me. My doc is sure I will be fine.

Steph - Sounds like your doc has it all under control - so now make sure you drink your water and stay hydrated...

We will always worry - you know that :0)

lets see if the new pic will upload separately - I got an error message - trying again

It's failing :blush: why - let me try my 3 fur babies

I love dogs but I'm more of a cat person and I LOVE your kitty! How adorable!!!!

So as I tell my students...I don't like pets and I don't like kids! My students get a kick out of that one but they also realize that I respect them more by NOT considering them kids but rather as up and coming adults. This helps to build a relationship at the beginning of the year!

Anyways...I am doing my daily posting...a little late!

Today was a good day. I just made the best dinner I have ever made. I roasted a chicken that was stuffed with red potatoes, carrots, whole garlic cloves and onions. DH had 2 HUGE helpings. It was fantastic.

Went to the gym today and did my last run before the half marathon on Sunday. Ran 3.2 miles and then lifted weights for about 30 minutes and then ran home.

So I told Janet that I was coming up with a plan that I need you to all hold me accountable to. So here it is.

Everyday - Calories between 1400-1600 calories (yes that seems high but I MUST have the calories to fuel the runs)

Sunday - Long run (10+ miles)

Monday - Weights only

Tuesday - Run 5K

Wednesday - Gym workout with weights

Thursday - 5 mile run

Friday - Gym workout with weights

Saturday - Day off

Goal - Be back to 140 by the end of February and maintain a size 4

I don't think any of these things are too unreasonable.

Well I am working on lesson plans so I will get back to that. TOmorrow I will reply to some of the things people have been saying and doing.

I don't want people to think I am selfish and only caring about me, but right now I need to get my head on straight. Pretty certain none of you think I am selfish, but I just wanted to make that clear!

Hey Gang...

Donna - I like them both - I grew up with a cat Puggy Nose & dog Lady Girl... We had the 2 dogs - and GS just brought the cat home - I really didn't want any animals - and am worried about the cat tearing up my furniture... I got a new house 4 yrs ago and Ihave new furniture... Also it's a pain when you want to go.. Llike this weekend we are doing a turn around trip up north - I gotta take the dogs & cat since she's to little to be left alone... What a pain - lucky my Son and DIL love me and will put up with the animals... Last time we went little angel pooped in the house - My DS said it was ok - cuz he got to see his Mom - So while I visit I have to be mindful of where the dogs are 24/7. We have doggie doors and when the weathers nice like right now - my back door is open - so I don't have potty problems with the dogs..

Karri...

I like your plan - it's a good one and yes you need those calories for all that exercise...

And sometime - it is all about you - or me or whomever...

That's the key - it is about us sometimes - that's always been all of our problems - it's always about someone else and not us - that's why we fed our faces 24/7 - cuz that was just for us...

Hello Wake Up People it is ok to be selfish - it's ok for it to be about us... We are important too... That's why we got banded - for once it was about us and doing something for us...

Ok enought of my rants... But I want everyone to take care of themselves and not with food - Take care of you with making time to go exercise & fix a good healthy meals - To rest and put your feet up - go watch a movie - go buy that new blouse, purse, pants whatever - get a facial - massage. Say no to that candy cuz that's not about you - that's really feeding your frustrations with others...

Ok I guess I wasn't done.. :blush: But I am now - cuz I gotta go watch Dancing with the Stars ... I made time for me today - I made time for others - I feel good and I am no longer stuffing my feelings down with food...

Love & Hugs - Sweet Dreams - Janet

13_10_13.gif

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO PHYL - HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO PHYL

13_10_14.gif

HOPE YOU HAVE A GREAT DAY AND WIN TON'S OF CASH !!

(she's going gambling today)

Enjoy Your Special Day !!! It's the one day a year that is just for you !!

13_10_12.gif

Love - Janet

sig.jsp?pc=ZSzeb095&pp=ZKxdm005YYUS

"they say its your birthday? da da da da da da da.da ... " (think Beatles, you REMEMBER them don't you??? )

"You're gonna have a party, da da da da da da da"

"you'r gonna have a GOOD time, da da da da da da "

"and win lots on Money, da da da da da da"

o.k. So I don't sing so good long distance, Have a Blast anyways!!!

Love Candice :)

Hey Gang...

Donna - I like them both - I grew up with a cat Puggy Nose & dog Lady Girl... We had the 2 dogs - and GS just brought the cat home - I really didn't want any animals - and am worried about the cat tearing up my furniture... I got a new house 4 yrs ago and Ihave new furniture... Also it's a pain when you want to go.. Llike this weekend we are doing a turn around trip up north - I gotta take the dogs & cat since she's to little to be left alone... What a pain - lucky my Son and DIL love me and will put up with the animals... Last time we went little angel pooped in the house - My DS said it was ok - cuz he got to see his Mom - So while I visit I have to be mindful of where the dogs are 24/7. We have doggie doors and when the weathers nice like right now - my back door is open - so I don't have potty problems with the dogs..

Karri...

I like your plan - it's a good one and yes you need those calories for all that exercise...

And sometime - it is all about you - or me or whomever...

That's the key - it is about us sometimes - that's always been all of our problems - it's always about someone else and not us - that's why we fed our faces 24/7 - cuz that was just for us...

Hello Wake Up People it is ok to be selfish - it's ok for it to be about us... We are important too... That's why we got banded - for once it was about us and doing something for us...

Ok enought of my rants... But I want everyone to take care of themselves and not with food - Take care of you with making time to go exercise & fix a good healthy meals - To rest and put your feet up - go watch a movie - go buy that new blouse, purse, pants whatever - get a facial - massage. Say no to that candy cuz that's not about you - that's really feeding your frustrations with others...

Ok I guess I wasn't done.. :P But I am now - cuz I gotta go watch Dancing with the Stars ... I made time for me today - I made time for others - I feel good and I am no longer stuffing my feelings down with food...

Love & Hugs - Sweet Dreams - Janet

Karrie; She's right... wow, she always it??? hee,hee:tongue2:

You're getting right back on track and you'll accomplish anything you set your mind to. :)

Cand- Of course everyone knew that you were doing a rendition of the Beatles birthday tune..."da da da da da" gave it away.

Feeling MUCH better today. food with the Lipitor fixed the problem.

For those of you out there who cannot throw their uncooperative pets out into snow drifts, sand dunes should make acceptable substitutes. (Good thing that brittanys have their dew claws removed, because I would spend a awful lot of time wrapped around our 3 dogs')

Steph, How is it hanging? Might have snow for Thanksgiving. Stay strong.

Well gang - I can't sing either ?? In my head I sound great but to those who hear - they say please don't sign...

Oh Happy Day! It's Phyl's Birthday! Happy, Happy Birthday, Dear Phyl!

Where's the B-Day Girl.....

7_15_4.gif

Well either you won tons and are out celebrating 23_30_104.gif

or you lost and you don't want to talk

4_14_6.gif [/url]

sig.jsp?pc=ZSzeb098&pp=ZKxdm005YYUS