Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky # Sevens- July 07 Bandsters

Speaking of not posting - We haven't seen you in a while Donna...:drool:

Where have you been and what are you up too...

I've been lurking a bit here and there. I've also been crazy busy at work with our fiscal year end.

I've been on a plateau for 3 weeks so I really need to kick it up somehow.

I've been lurking a bit here and there. I've also been crazy busy at work with our fiscal year end.

I've been on a plateau for 3 weeks so I really need to kick it up somehow.

Donna

I understand the busy at work that will be me next week getting my desk ready for vacation the week after Thanksgiving..

Plateau - Vary your calories - cut the carbs and increase the exercise.. I guess I was so very lucky I never hit one - well one week I didn't lose anything but that was it.. For me I think it was the exercise that helped me.. I think my body really needs it..

:drool:

Karri!!!! I am so excited to see you. I knew school had to be kicking your butt. If you don't have a chance to go back and read a few pages, we've come up with a new saying. I think if you liked "holy cats!" you're going to LOVE "eat rocks and die!!!!" I love the fact that I can say that IN SCHOOLS! I can THINK it in school and not want to excuse myself! Eat rocks and die! I LOVE it!

But I did miss you. I am so looking forward to hearing about your training and your run. I will be here cheering you on! I have been thinking about trying to make the trip out to see your big one. I think it might need to be a 7's trip. So, no going AWOL again. Stick with us.

I've gotta get to bed, but I will be looking forward to hearing from you tomorrow. I have your personal email so I will be pestering you, trust me.

Welcome home! You were so missed!

Good Morning Gang

Just saying a quick good morning - need to get to the gym

and do my treadmill. I haven't been super good on my treadmill days - life has been getting in the way (like that excuse) but I have to go - no real excuse this morning - cuz I need Andrew's help moving the furniture back into place and of course he is still asleep.

Be jealous girls - I am partying with Phyl this afternoon :smile2:

Well need to wash face and brush teeth get dressed - so will cbl - Have a great day..

Checking in this morning before I go for an 8-10 mile run. We will see how the little legs hold up. This will be my last big run before the half which is 1 week for tomorrow.

It really does feel good to be back. Foodwise yesterday I behaved...but my band did not. I got stuck on everything yesterday! My band has been really fickel of late...probably cause it isn't used to the food I have been eating. But I was below 1500 calories so I was happy. With the training I can't go below that or I just don't have any energy during the runs.

Will check back when I get done...assuming my fingers don't get frostbitten and fall off. Even then I will try to type with my toes. Yes...it is very cold here!

Have fun at Phyl's and be sure to send my regards. Candace is probably buried alive up there in Canada. Heard on the news that Ontario has already gotten half last year's snowfall. Not sure if it is her, but they said it was just east and north of us here in Michigan. And they were expecting another 24 inches.:cool2: Can;'t say how grateful I am that it missed us. (I HATE WINTER, COLD AND SNOW) So, she is probably a block of ice with the weight she's lost. No more insulation for those cold snowy days and nights.:smile2:

Checking in this morning before I go for an 8-10 mile run. We will see how the little legs hold up. This will be my last big run before the half which is 1 week for tomorrow.

It really does feel good to be back. Foodwise yesterday I behaved...but my band did not. I got stuck on everything yesterday! My band has been really fickel of late...probably cause it isn't used to the food I have been eating. But I was below 1500 calories so I was happy. With the training I can't go below that or I just don't have any energy during the runs.

Will check back when I get done...assuming my fingers don't get frostbitten and fall off. Even then I will try to type with my toes. Yes...it is very cold here!

Karri - Ya my band is fickle as of late - as I was telling Phyl on the phone last night - I think I could use a little unfill (like .01) but again afraid that I want it just cuz I want to eat more - My weight is staying pretty even 138 to 139.5 so I don't really need an unfill - I can eat and like I said I haven't been super religious getting to the gym on my treadmill days since my bro's passing.. But did go this a.m and did 3 miles in 50 minutes - that's 2 minutes off my normal time.

I love hearing you say that you need the calories to have the energy to run - that's great...

I think it's suppose to be in the 70's today - its finally cooling off - they are talking about rain for turkey day..

Have fun at Phyl's and be sure to send my regards. Candace is probably buried alive up there in Canada. Heard on the news that Ontario has already gotten half last year's snowfall. Not sure if it is her, but they said it was just east and north of us here in Michigan. And they were expecting another 24 inches.:cool2: Can;'t say how grateful I am that it missed us. (I HATE WINTER, COLD AND SNOW) So, she is probably a block of ice with the weight she's lost. No more insulation for those cold snowy days and nights.:smile2:

Kari - I am worried about Candice - I hope nothing wrong with her Mother... Yes she is outside Ontario - maybe she doesn't have any power - I think I am going to call her..

-----------------------------------------------------

Ok I just got off the phone with Candice - she is fine - she has been quilting.. She had a tough week at work and just needs to unwind..

Ok I need to get busy here and move some furniture...

I will talk to you all later..

Hugs & Love Janet

Oops, forgot....yes, the Internet is free. Getting to it is not. Oh, P.S. ladies, a word for the wise....when you can, do NOT use the email that is from your Internet provider as it keeps you locked into their site, and their customer for ever and ever. UseYahoo Mail, or GMail (Google Mail), etc. You can get to them from any machine on the Internet, they are free, and you don't have to change you e-mail address when you change Internet providers.

Comprendes?

I use MSN Hotmail... its free too :smile2:

I-I'M BACK!!! (you asked for it Janet).

Anyway, I know I'm gonna get a God Smack for this........but I just can't resist.

HEY, CANDACE ! ! ! ! Nah-nah-nahnah-nuh! ! ! ! ! Are you all hunkered down?? Stocked up? Ready for the cuddle alert? It's missing us. (no surprises for us in nine months):cool2:

LOL I am enjoying the snow so far... I have been hunkered down for a couple of days.... QUILTING by my window that overlooks my backyard.. (remember the pic I sent you?)

Anyways, we have 3 feet of snow now.. and its cutting into my CUDDLE time with DH... he got up early 2 mornings in a row to clear the driveway, walkways and back deck. Plus then he has to shovel "doggie paths" into the back yard so TWIG and WOODy have a place to P & Poop! otherwise if its too deep they can't feel their paws hit the ground and they'll poop right on the deck by the back door !!! YUK...

I havn't gotten used to the extra time it takes to get out of the house and get to work... We don't park our cars in our garage (another story) so you have to broom them off first, chizzle the ice/snow away from the lock and then start the car up... warm it up a bit and then drive away... IF my Dh has used teh snow-blower to clear the driveway first!

OMG what would I do if something happened to him??? Ahck, I'd not be out until spring!! no, just kidding, I'd hire someone to dig me out Ha,ha,ha...

Wow, I've really missed a couple of chatty days on the site. though....

Karrie is back, YEAH!!!! we've missed you.

Stephanie, we're sending out good vibes that your PCP finds a solution for you soon.

Phyl; Your DH and Mine are so alike its scary!!! oh dumb me... they are both military??? that answers the question!!! They like to be in control and dont' like leaving anything to CHANCE... now you and I on the other hand are more prepared to 'go with the flow'... we had to be... look at all the places we've been uprooted to over the years.

By the way... YOU ARE SO CLOSE to your 100!!!! :smile2: that is fantastic and you are an awesome example!!!

Car; Now I remember. I chattted with you several months back about your rental property in France... I checked out your web site etc... as some friends of ours and us were looking at vacation options... glad I finally put it together.

Janet: Thanks again for checking up on me.... you're the best!:w00t:

and in case I havn't told you all lately... I love you all ! This board and thread is what keeps me sane and accountable... When I think of the friendships that have been formed here it almost makes it a blessing to have been fat!!!:cool2:

Hey Kari; 7 hours drive, 430 miles between me and you... I guess we're pretty close...

But you and Linda in Wisconcin would be closer if you take the Lake Ferry...

Don't forget you are coming to Canada next summer for our BANDSTER RE-UNION!!!

Cand"i"ce ( hee,hee,hee)

I was just checking us all out on mapquest, man we are really all over the place.

Hi ladies. Just a quick check in.

Candice!! It sounds beautiful there. I really am missing the snow so far. I wish we had a couple feet. My snowmobiles are definitely needing a workout.

As for 430 miles....that's CLOSE. Think how often I go see Rose.....she's 500 miles away.

I'm going to run. Busy day doing not a whole lot of everything.

Talk to you all later. Good to see you again Candice...by the way.

Well I did my 10 miles in just under (and I do mean JUST) 2 hours. According to my Nike+ fitness system I burned 1153 calories. I would have written earlier but we went to the neighboring town to find a new bookcase.

We moved a couple of weeks ago and are now renting a house. We hope to buy a house in a couple of years after all of my loans for surgeries are paid off, but right now we were tired of living in an apartment.

Well I need to help DH put the bookcase together and cook dinner. Hopefully it will go down. Last night I ended up eating SF popsicles for dinner! Today is better though.

Car............is jealousy allowed here? Gosh, you and DH had a great idea. Wished I had thought of something like that. Where in CO are you? One of my oldest friends, lives in Boulder. Have a great time on your holiday. Wish I could come along.:)

In the mountains just west of Boulder.

lets see if the new pic will upload separately - I got an error message - trying again

It's failing :) why - let me try my 3 fur babies

Hey there gang...

OMG it's 11:40 - I got home from Phyl's around 8:30 ish...

Put my jammies on and then started to download the pic from our visit to share with you all... I need to re-orginaize my photo's on my computer I was looking for the one of me & Phyl when we 1st met 11/28/07 to post with our photo today almost 1 yr later.. Then was looking for something else - my desk is such a mess - so cleaned it up a bit - put some pic's in frames - and now it's almost 12 eek.gif

Candice - truer words never said When I think of the friendships that have been formed here it almost makes it a blessing to have been fat!!!wink.gif I agree 110% :):)

Ok I am going to try and upload the pic's from to night

I made Phyl a t-shirt with her picture on it - surrounded by 10 gold stars (thanks Candice) - each star represents 10 lbs - she gets to wear it when she gets to her 100 lbs gone - along with her diamond earrings... I don't know how well that pic is going to come thru since our pic's show so small now a days.. But I will give it the old college try...

I will talk to you all tomorrow... Hugs & Love - Janet