Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky # Sevens- July 07 Bandsters

Soleil; Welcome aboard! ITs a tight ship here on Lucky 7 thread... nice bunch of gals. Tell us about yourself? Where do you live? Kids? Married? Career? we just need the scoop.

Thank you! Well, about me...I'm currently living in Texas but I was born and raised in Asia. I've got four siblings, two brothers (23 and 12) and two sisters (18 and 15), the younger two are with my dad still overseas and the other two are in Virginia, my mom is in Heaven. I'm nearly 21, single, no kids, finishing up the last two classes to get my Associates in graphics. I currently don't have a job, I freelanced for Neiman Marcus over the summer, working on their catalogs, and am pursuing a job there in the graphics department. So yup, that's the scoop on me. :cursing:

Solei - Welcome !!! Glad you made it over to our thread

#1 What are you eating - give us a typical days food including quanities.

#2 Do you keep a food journel - to you track your caloires.

#3 What are you doing for exercise.

#4 How's your restriction - when was your last fill.

Hi thanks. :thumbdown:

I have not been keeping much track of exactly what I eat, although I do tend to eat foods low in carbohydrates. I don't eat a lot of bread or rice since they don't go down well. I usually pick out my food based on how soft it is, which is a terrible way to pick it out probably. :thumbup: As far as quantity, I eat more than I should, probably about a cup and a half of food per meal. I'm working on cutting that down right now.

No, I don't keep a food journal and I don't count calories. I'm more used to counting carbs. See, this is the kind of stuff I wish I had in the beginning.

I'm not doing anything for exercise, and that's a problem. I work 8-9 hour days and am doing school as well, so finding time to squeeze exercise in is hard. Although I know I should be doing it.

My last fill was in April. My doctor said I was "almost there" as far as fills go, then he said that unless I was getting hungry a lot, I didn't need another fill. I haven't been unusually hungry, so I haven't been back. I've only been hungry at appropriate meal times. Although, since I do eat more than I should, I'm a tad worried that I've stretched my pouch. I've eaten more than I am now and then gone in for a fill and my stomach pouch hasn't gotten any bigger, and I'm curious as to why that might be. Anyhows...

Thank you! Well, about me...I'm currently living in Texas but I was born and raised in Asia. I've got four siblings, two brothers (23 and 12) and two sisters (18 and 15), the younger two are with my dad still overseas and the other two are in Virginia, my mom is in Heaven. I'm nearly 21, single, no kids, finishing up the last two classes to get my Associates in graphics. I currently don't have a job, I freelanced for Neiman Marcus over the summer, working on their catalogs, and am pursuing a job there in the graphics department. So yup, that's the scoop on me. :cursing:

Hi thanks. :thumbdown:

I have not been keeping much track of exactly what I eat, although I do tend to eat foods low in carbohydrates. I don't eat a lot of bread or rice since they don't go down well. I usually pick out my food based on how soft it is, which is a terrible way to pick it out probably. :thumbup: As far as quantity, I eat more than I should, probably about a cup and a half of food per meal. I'm working on cutting that down right now.

No, I don't keep a food journal and I don't count calories. I'm more used to counting carbs. See, this is the kind of stuff I wish I had in the beginning.

I'm not doing anything for exercise, and that's a problem. I work 8-9 hour days and am doing school as well, so finding time to squeeze exercise in is hard. Although I know I should be doing it.

My last fill was in April. My doctor said I was "almost there" as far as fills go, then he said that unless I was getting hungry a lot, I didn't need another fill. I haven't been unusually hungry, so I haven't been back. I've only been hungry at appropriate meal times. Although, since I do eat more than I should, I'm a tad worried that I've stretched my pouch. I've eaten more than I am now and then gone in for a fill and my stomach pouch hasn't gotten any bigger, and I'm curious as to why that might be. Anyhows...

Ok Soleil - I am going to give you some suggestions and tought band love at the same time - but please remember the operative word is love !!!

#1 - Track your calories (dailyplate.com - fitday.com) keep your calories between 800 -1200 daily and zig zag them.. Follow the band rules

hard protiens 1st - then veggies and if any room carbs.

#2 - Soft foods = slider foods - this is why you can eat more of them than hard Proteins that fill you up physically but not mentally... Try and eat hard protiens 1st - tiny bites - chew and eat slowly - No drinking with or after meals for 1/2 hr,

#3 - Yes you have a full schedule - but you have to find time to get some exercise - even if it's just 30 minutes of walking - you must fit it in your schedule. No more excuses...

#4 - Can you gulp Water - to me this is a good test to see if you need a fill - if you can gulp water without pain - then I would say go see your doc.

You say you have only lost 20 lbs since last July and that you do have restriction - you are only eating 1 1/2 cups of food per meal. But admit to eating slider foods so I have that right

Our bands are only a tool - they aren't going to make your food choices for you - they don't help with head hunger issues - it doesn't stop you from eating soft/silder foods..

You gotta make healthy low fat - sugar free - limited carb choices and if you aren't getting full on 1 cup of food - then you may just need to see your doc..

Don't be embarrassed or ashamed - just go see him - talk to him - tell him where you are at and how much you are eating per meal and what you are eating - get a tweak - as you sound like you need one.

Ya gotta do the work - and most of it's mental - it's doeable - the band with proper restrict makes a hard job just a little eaiser - but it's still work on your part..

Please give me what you ate Sunday and Yesterday - I will do the calorie thing and give you some more helpfull hints...

Thank you! Well, about me...I'm currently living in Texas

Well Howdy neighbor!

I'm here but I'm not in the mood to post. I'm waiting for TOM to arrive and it's got me cranky!! :drool: :crying: :blush:

Doctor visit yesterday: the vampires took blood to test my thyroid. They called back this morning to tell me I was normal. :cursing: They obviously don't know me very well. :frown:

I'm trying to figure out my next step, but TOM is messing with my brain. Don't ask me what I ate yesterday, I can't remember everything but I know there was more bad than good. :thumbup: I'll be back when I'm in a better mood. :thumbdown:

RUBY - You make me laugh, girl. I needed a good laugh today.

PHYL- Bathing suits. That reminds me, my class reunion is in two weeks and I'll be staying at a a hotel with a pool and spa. And, I live in Michigan. All the bathing suits have been put in mothballs for the winter.

SOLEIL - Welcome. Glad you came over. I just want you to know that everyone here has our best interests at heart. Exersize is super important. When I first started my journey, I had bqad knees. (they're still bad) and couldn't get around too good. I have an exersize bike and I pedal for an hour every morning. This is when I get my reading out of the way. You could do something like that while doing your homework. Also, your college or school should have a gym where you can work out. Or a pool where you can swim laps (if swimming is your thing). Also, community ed at your local schools should have some kind of workout program. Or, to be really inexpensive, get a workout video. Cardio workouts are good for burning calories. 1/2 a day is good for a start. I find it hard to get through the day without my pedaling now that I've been doing it for a year. It becomes normal.

I go in tomorrow for a fill. Have been feeling more hungry faster. I rode my bike over 200 miles for the first month I had it. I had a nasty fall a week ago Sunday. I got clipless pedals and the guy adjusted my seat too high. My feet didn't touch the ground and I toppled over. My ankle was so sore I could not even walk on it for a day and a half. I went to the ER and nothing broke. I have bruises all over me. Not a pretty sight. I am 33 pounds from my goal weight. I just am not losing weight a fast rate. I am also post menopausal and am sure this contributes. Oh well, I am not giving up and won't quit. When I hit my goal I will have my plastic surgery and look like a new woman I tease my husband that he will have his trophy wife. I am 2 1/2 months into my new job and love it. It is such a change from where I came. They care about their employees and want you to do well. More than half of their positions are filled internally that tells you something.

Talk to you soon. Hard to believe that October starts tomorrow. My goal is to ride my bike 250 miles this month.

Well Howdy neighbor!

I'm here but I'm not in the mood to post. I'm waiting for TOM to arrive and it's got me cranky!! :tt2: :cool2: :crying:

Doctor visit yesterday: the vampires took blood to test my thyroid. They called back this morning to tell me I was normal. :drool: They obviously don't know me very well. :bored:

I'm trying to figure out my next step, but TOM is messing with my brain. Don't ask me what I ate yesterday, I can't remember everything but I know there was more bad than good. :mellow: I'll be back when I'm in a better mood. :thumbup:

Ruby here's some emotions for you

36_1_29.gif 4_2_205.gif 36_1_28.gif 36_1_10.gif 36_1_38.gif

Sorry TOM has you cranky - It will get better 36_3_15.gif

sig.jsp?pc=[object Object]&pp=ZKxdm005YYUS

I go in tomorrow for a fill. Have been feeling more hungry faster. I rode my bike over 200 miles for the first month I had it. I had a nasty fall a week ago Sunday. I got clipless pedals and the guy adjusted my seat too high. My feet didn't touch the ground and I toppled over. My ankle was so sore I could not even walk on it for a day and a half. I went to the ER and nothing broke. I have bruises all over me. Not a pretty sight. I am 33 pounds from my goal weight. I just am not losing weight a fast rate. I am also post menopausal and am sure this contributes. Oh well, I am not giving up and won't quit. When I hit my goal I will have my plastic surgery and look like a new woman I tease my husband that he will have his trophy wife. I am 2 1/2 months into my new job and love it. It is such a change from where I came. They care about their employees and want you to do well. More than half of their positions are filled internally that tells you something.

Talk to you soon. Hard to believe that October starts tomorrow. My goal is to ride my bike 250 miles this month.

Sorry about your accident - that's why I don't ride - I am a clusts (sp) I had 2 very bad accidents when I was a kid - tore up my forehead the 1st time and my chin the 2nds time - stiches etc.. So I stay off bikes:scared2:

Congrats on your weight lost!!!! 33 lbs - heck you will have that gone by January... No problem..

Glad you are liking your new job - Pop in more often !!!

Hi ladies. I'm home. I will talk more to you all tomorrow. Took out 0.4 cc and I immediately went to Applebee's for Soup. I feel AWESOME! I ate! I haven't been able to eat in so long that I almost forgot how great it feels.

Oh...and the BEST!!! I went in and my PA goes, "Wow, aren't you looking awesome! You don't even LOOK like a lapband patient!" How awesome was THAT to hear????

Okay...changing my ticker because I will take their weight today with my clothes on as an official. I'm not sure, but I'm expecting it is "normal" or awful damned close.

Okay. I'm beat and I need to sleep. See you all tomorrow.

:hurray:It's Normal!!!!!!!:drool:

Go me!! Go me!!! Happy dance all the way!!!!!

I might need some emotiocons!!!!!

:mellow:

Holy cats and toledos!!!

:Dancing_tongue:Go Normal! Go Normal!!! :thumbup:

Good morning ladies. You all are very quiet this morning! I thought I would post some about what I missed yesterday....

Soleil, welcome to you! Glad you found the best LBT board! Actually the best LB board on the net IMO! From the moment I joined the Lucky 7's it's been downward and goalward. There has been quite a few struggles and emotional craziness I've gone through, but these ladies have kept me in check and focussed on what the REAL problems were. They are the greatest. I owe all my gratitude to these guys. I know you will be successful if you continue to come here, ask for support, and work your band. The most successful here are those that are here DAILY. Please remember that when things frustrate you and someone here says something that rubs the wrong way, it's all in love and desire to help. No nastiness here.

Phyl, I am so envious of your trip taking. It sounds like a heavenly way to spend retirement. Going from one place to another and visiting all your good friends and family. I'd miss the snow but it does sound good. As far as bathing suits!!! You just keep going and going and going. You're going to be such an amazement to your TOPS group. Go YOU!!!!

Ruby, I hate that TOM makes you so miserable. I wish I could do something about that. This may be a silly question but have you done a google search on ways to deal with TOM's horrible side effects? Sometimes the cures don't seem to make any sense but they work....it might be worth a shot.

Okay...as for me. It was a very long day yesterday but so much worth it. I was thinking maybe I didn't need to go on my drive because all of a sudden drinking wasn't so tough. I was able to get coffee and 1 bottle of tea down before I got there. Then she removed 0.4cc's and sent me on my way. She pulled everything out and I still had 5.8, pushed it back in and said that 0.2 kicked back. She said that if I wasn't so close to goal (another tale) she would only take that out, but that she thought 0.4 would be about right. So I was starving at that point because when she pulled everything out anything sitting in my pouch went through. So I went to Applebees and had some french onion Soup and 3 pieces of quessadilla (cheese only). I then went shopping for awhile and then started the long trip home. Got a whopper jr. for the drive and a mocha joe. I know that those weren't the BEST choices but wasn't going to stress on cals after the last 3 weeks. Figured today would be soon enough to get back on track. Ate the WHOLE whopper jr. That scared me because I thought maybe she had taken too much if I could eat ALL of that. Drank my mocha joe and another bottle of tea on the ride home. So I got cals AND liquids in yesterday!!!!! Yeah!

So this morning I was a little leary of eating because I was worried about the amount I could eat, but tried some kashi and could do my "normal" half cup of that and milk. YEAH!!!! I'm full and happy. I will try veggies for lunch. Need to go get some liquid in next. I'm so relieved to not have been able to eat too much.

Anyways, PA thinks I should be AT goal. She says I look great and my BMI is normal. I'm not going to listen to that though because it is sitting RIGHT below the overweight level, so I'm sticking with my 130. That gives me the wiggle room I want to have so I never have to stress over 5 pounds. Besides....I'm still seeing where I can take some fat from. It was great for her to tell me that she would never guess that I'm a WLS patient. She wanted to show me off to everyone in the office but they were all busy. Very good for my ego though. I wish I would have seen my surgeon at least, but my PA has been there the whole time so I don't know why HE matters to me.

Tired today but that's expected after 14 hours travelling yesterday. I need to do a ton of laundry today, but at least my house is presentable so I don't have to scrub it all up today.

Okay...off to find some liquid. Have a great day ladies. I'll be checking back later. Love you all!!!!

Great report, Steph!!

Congrats!!

36_28_1.gif 36_31_1.gif 36_28_1.gif

5_1_116.gif 5_1_115.gif 5_1_116.gif

36_1_23.gif 5_1_115.gif 101.gif 5_1_122.gif 36_1_24.gif 36_1_24.gif 36_1_24.gif 101.gif 5_1_122.gif 5_1_115.gif 36_1_23.gif

36_1_22.gif 5_1_102.gif 5_1_124.gif 5_1_101.gif 10_1_20.gif 5_1_121.gif 1055.gif 36_1_34.gif

5_5_138.gif

Edited by phyllser

WTG Steph!

:)CONGRATS STEPH :)

:thumbup:WTG - YOU ROCK GIRL :)

(I don't have all the cute icons here at work)

Yep I would keep the 130 for the wiggle room too...

Donna - Your back - we have been wondering how you faired during Ike.. Hope everything is ok..

Well, shot my commercial this morning - there was 4 of us a husband wife team & nurse who were bypass and this guy Cid and me who were banded - I will be interested to see how the final product looks after the do all their cut and pasting..

They will give me a cd with the final commercial on it - then I will have to figure out how to post it...

Doc office gave us goodie bags - facial gift certificate - vitatmins, calcuim, Iron, great cinnamon pecan dream Protein Bars - vanilla wafers & choc wafer that are Protein - soy Snacks with protien - protein lemonaid.

Ok I gotta get back to work - I was gone 2 hrs... Talk to you tonite

Thanks, we didn't have any damage to our property but it wasn't much fun. We evacuated to San Antonio Thursday before the storm and waited until the electricity came back in our neighborhood a full week later. Hotel bill $1,000, eating out and misc. $1,000, dumping everything out of 2 refrigerators $700. So, we call it an Ikation but it wasn't fun and it really sucked having to spends hours and hours cleaning pool, yard and fridge upon our return. We were the lucky ones.

Steph - CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Janet - Can't wait to see the commercial. WoW!!

Dionne- I talked to my friend in Kingwood yesterday. She lost power for 2 weeks. That's a nightmare. We only lost power for a week for Katrina.