Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky # Sevens- July 07 Bandsters

....It's the after that is freaking me out and the expectations that others have. I know that a lot of people may be saying "great job" right now but waiting for it to be put back on. Waiting for me to fail in THAT regard.

I don't think people are waiting for you to fail. Of course there are those miserable, vicious people in the world, but I honestly think most people are happy when others succeed and sometimes use it as inspiration for them. I hope you know we're all pulling for you and I bet most of the people in your life, even the ones you don't know well, are also cheering you on.

I don't think people are waiting for you to fail. Of course there are those miserable, vicious people in the world, but I honestly think most people are happy when others succeed and sometimes use it as inspiration for them. I hope you know we're all pulling for you and I bet most of the people in your life, even the ones you don't know well, are also cheering you on.

Of course I know there are those out there that are pulling for me. Probably a lot more than I know about. But there are some very toxic people in the area. The town is VERY gossipy. Who's sleeping with who, who went out to dinner too many times this week, what parties are going on and who's invited to them. In a lot of ways this town seems like highschool all over. I have lived here 7 years now and have made a few near-to-friends, but no true ones. It is a very cliquish town and drives me crazy. Small town America you know. There's a country song that goes something like "Everyone's famous in a small town." the lyrics are EXACTLY what happens in this town.

But you all here are the ones I truly care about. I KNOW without a doubt that you are all pulling for me and are my very true friends. That's why I can share some of this with you. Because I know you loved me when I was fat and you will love me when I'm skinny:tongue:.

Dionna, thank you for your comments. I will remember them when I'm feeling really negative about people. You are right, there are so many that are good at heart. One rotten apple, you know. Again, thanks.

Of course I know there are those out there that are pulling for me. Probably a lot more than I know about. But there are some very toxic people in the area. The town is VERY gossipy. Who's sleeping with who, who went out to dinner too many times this week, what parties are going on and who's invited to them. In a lot of ways this town seems like highschool all over. I have lived here 7 years now and have made a few near-to-friends, but no true ones. It is a very cliquish town and drives me crazy. Small town America you know. There's a country song that goes something like "Everyone's famous in a small town." the lyrics are EXACTLY what happens in this town.

But you all here are the ones I truly care about. I KNOW without a doubt that you are all pulling for me and are my very true friends. That's why I can share some of this with you. Because I know you loved me when I was fat and you will love me when I'm skinny:tongue:.

Dionna, thank you for your comments. I will remember them when I'm feeling really negative about people. You are right, there are so many that are good at heart. One rotten apple, you know. Again, thanks.

Probably the closest I've come to living in a small town such as that is living on various military bases. So I had to smile because I remember some of those things happening in a few places.... especially Minot ND!! Oh, MY!!

:tt2::eek::thumbup:

1400 cals today, I was honest TRACKED everything!!! ARGH,,, I want something sweet right now though... going mad.

I got on the computer jsut to keep my hands busy.... havn't got any junik in the house (GOOD) but I had 2 calcium chews thinking that may stave off my sweet desire... its not working

Hey, LINDA IS A GRAND MA!!!! Baby Girl, I saw the pictures and she's just too sweet (hummm, maybe I should suck on her big toe?)

CONGRATULATION GRAMMA!!

Congrats, Grandma Linda!!

That is exciting!

So..... DH went to cut DD's lawn this afternoon.

SO.....#1 I did my Wii exercises while he was gone.

#2 I decided it was a good opportunity for me to COOK SOMETHING without his interference!! So I made a big pot of lentil soup!!

BUT.... he came home just as I was finishing and he threw a fit because I dirtied up HIS kitchen!!

GIMMEE A BREAK!!

It used to be MY kitchen!!

How did I let this happen!

He threw a big old fit, slamming and banging things while he cleaned it up!!

It wasn't THAT bad!!

I told him it wouldn't have been such a mess if I didn't have to work at warp speed to get done before he got back!

He would've taken over!

I just poured myself a glass of wine and let him fuss and stew!

He had it all cleaned up in less than 10 minutes so it couldn't have been that bad!

Beans boiled over while I was on the Wii!!

So there was Water under the burner.... he says a CUP of water!!

BIG HAIRY DEAL!!

:biggrin::biggrin::cursing::biggrin::thumbup::biggrin::sneaky:

I don't think so!

Isn't he a kick!!??

Congratulations Linda!!!! What wonderful news!!!!

I'm so excited for her. And what makes Candice so special that she gets pictures???? I'm so jealous! But so excited for the new baby! Enjoy the little sweetie!

15_5_15.gif 23_11_58.gif 15_5_15.gif

Yeah, I want to see the pictures, too!!

He liked my soup!!

12_4_60.gif

He just got a 2nd bowl!!

And he apologized for flipping out about the messy kitchen!!

Hi ladies. I thought I would check in and give my final report for the day.

80 oz of Water. 900 cals, expected more but I'm really tight tonight so no snack (my net cals after exercise are down at 700). 59 g of Protein. A little too much sodium but my blood pressure is usually on the lower end so I'm not worried about too much sodium except for the water retention issues it can cause.

I mowed the lawn but cut the walk to a half hour so I could get home for Obama's speech. I have to say he is an amazingly dynamic speaker. Even if you aren't Democrat, you have to say he was an amazing speaker. I had my eldest watch the speech and he was impressed.

Oh....I watched a rerun Dr. Phil today....or at least I'm assuming it was a rerun because they were advertising the new season starting in a couple of weeks....anyways it was all about quick tips for parents and there was this teen who wanted to drop out of school because it was stupid. Phil did a great job of giving him a reason without a speech. I liked it. Wish I would have recorded it. I think he would have been able to spend a whole lot more time on that issue. It's a big one for kids these days and one that parents are always facing....but for a short segment he did a nice job.

Okay...time for bed. Talk to you all tomorrow.

Oh yeah! Phyl, tell him to chill. Ask him if he would rather share HIS kitchen or build you a second one in the living room. He should have learned to share in kindergarten.

And I've heard that Minot is a horrible place to live. It seems to be a normal state of events in towns (not cities) that have air bases. Cities can absorb the military strife, but towns the size of Minot, Great Falls, and the like can't.

Okay...now I'm really off to bed. After the new mac commercial. I LOVE THESE!!!! Night ladies.

CALORIESCARBSFATPROTEINspacer.gifnt3_totals.jpg1,790

I know I posted earlier in the evening my cals for the day, but I continued to snack.< /p>

So in an effort to at least be accountable here is my official total for Thursday.

ARGH!

Congrats, Grandma Linda!!

That is exciting!

So..... DH went to cut DD's lawn this afternoon.

SO.....#1 I did my Wii exercises while he was gone.

#2 I decided it was a good opportunity for me to COOK SOMETHING without his interference!! So I made a big pot of lentil soup!!

BUT.... he came home just as I was finishing and he threw a fit because I dirtied up HIS kitchen!!

GIMMEE A BREAK!!

It used to be MY kitchen!!

How did I let this happen!

He threw a big old fit, slamming and banging things while he cleaned it up!!

It wasn't THAT bad!!

I told him it wouldn't have been such a mess if I didn't have to work at warp speed to get done before he got back!

He would've taken over!

I just poured myself a glass of wine and let him fuss and stew!

He had it all cleaned up in less than 10 minutes so it couldn't have been that bad!

Beans boiled over while I was on the Wii!!

So there was Water under the burner.... he says a CUP of water!!

BIG HAIRY DEAL!!

:lol::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

I don't think so!

Isn't he a kick!!??

You and Earl are too funny. Isn't it rich that after all those years together little things just put us over the edge?

My DH cooks "HIS" own breaky everyday. Same thing, fried eggs... he always drips egg between the shell and the frying pan, usually down the side of the stove or under the burner.... he just leaves it!!! Drives me nuts, as then I have to take the whole top rack off and clean (we have a gas range)

He likes to "hover" while I am making dinner, usually its because he is overly hungry and wants to stir something...

LENTIL Soup, sounds so good, that has become one of my favorites.

Give EARL a hug from me!!!:wub:

Good morning ladies.

Despite my best efforts yesterday, my day continued to deteriorate. :wub: I took a walk and it was great. I came home and decided to snack on some grapes. I wasn't hungry, but it was 3 hours since I'd had Breakfast and I'm trying to get into the habit of eating every 3 hours to keep my metabolism running. Also to try and control my hunger so that I'm not waiting until I'm starving, then over-eating. I only managed 4 grapes until I felt full. Thought to myself to listen to my band and not force.

So early afternoon was lunchtime, and I grilled some salmon and made a green salad. I had maybe 4 bites of salmon and a little salad and suddenly felt bad. I dashed off to the bathroom and emptied my lunch into the toilet. :crazy: This wasn't just PBing like I've had before when something's got stuck. This was full on vomiting with stomach muscles contracting and stuff. :lol: But by that time, I was hungry. So now I'm feeling like crap and starving but know that if I continue to try and eat, it'll be very, very bad.

I did manage to drink some hot tea. Every time I tried anything cold or room temperature it would want to evacuate. *sigh* So now I'm in a grumpy mood. Hungry, feeling barfing, but knowing that if I'd stuffed myself on potato chips or Cookies they would go down perfectly fine! I'd be able to make my way through a Family Pack of each no problem at all and washed it all through with gallon of ice cream. :biggrin:

Well this morning I checked my calendar. And what do you know, Aunt Flo is preparing for a visit next week. :biggrin: So that explains a lot of things. I need to kill her. I really do. She drives me insane.

On a more positive note, I got myself to bed at 10 last night and dropped off to sleep right away. I didn't wake until the alarm went off at 6:45 this morning. It was a good night sleep. No bad dreams, no waking up at all. I managed half a glass of orange juice to get something in my tummy before my usual morning workout. I don't know if it helped any. I felt myself burping up little bits of it throughout my workout. Nothing bad, just tiny bits. I'm going to keep trying to do that, have something in my tummy before working out. Orange juice was one of a few things suggested for potassium instead of banana. It doesn't have as much, but it's better than nothing.

I feel better this morning. I know why I'm having a rough time mentally and physically now. Even though I don't like it, at least there's a reason for my insanity. :biggrin:

Today I'm going to take things slowly. I'm feeling hungry but don't want to risk eating at the moment. I'll see if my Protein Shake wants to go down or not first.

I didn't want these messages to be polluted by my above rant:

Congrats to Grandma Linda on her new grandbaby! :lol: I love babies! I love more being able to hand them back when I'm done playing with them or they become stinky or noisy. :biggrin:

Phyl, I do so enjoy your stories about Earl and the antics the both of you get up to. It's like reading a sit-com sometimes. :biggrin: I hope to be as frustratingly happy as you two are when hubby and I spend retirement together.

There was more but I've forgotten. :wub: Stupid forgettory! :biggrin:

Good morning ladies. I guess I'm getting into the swing of things. I was up at 6:15 this morning and have gotten coffee with Protein, a shower, and the kids are out playing on the tramp. I love my mornings with them.

Ruby, I think Flo should go too. That's why I call mine TOM. Anything that miserable MUST have a male name. And something as kindly as Aunt just doesn't fit any time so miserable for me. TOM seems to fit for me.

I'm so sorry you had such a rotten day yesterday. I guess there are just going to be days like that. As much as we hate it, I guess that's life. This too shall pass. High hopes that you have a much better day.

I better get the kiddos out of the tub. They only get along for so long in there. Things are starting to get noisy in there.

I'll be back later ladies. Have a great day.