Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky # Sevens- July 07 Bandsters

I LIKE that... and will (TRY) to remember that....

HIGHLY EVOLVED!!

Bad TOPS weigh in after our weekend in Whistler BC.

I was up 1 lb!

I do not have a good net loss (if any) for August.

In fact, after a GREAT June,

July & August have been pretty much a bust.

I'm trying so hard to get below 240 and I just can't seem to make it.

I made fairly good food choices this weekend,

but you can order a nice healthy grilled fish and if you first have a Cosmo, it's a wash!

Had a Cosmopolitan before dinner both nights, and way more than my usual small glass of wine. liquid calories did me in. Next week is Labor Day, so no official weigh in for two weeks. DH still has almost 10 lb to lose. He bit the bullet and weighed in today. He chickened out last week. He has to lose 6 1/2 lb just to stay in "leeway". He only has two weeks to get it off or he gets "demoted" from a "KOPS" back to a "TOPS".

But we did have a really good time. We rode the gondolas to the top of Mt. Whistler. Oh, yeah... the arrival wasn't too great. My scooter got hung up as I tried to back out of that thing..... and they don't STOP. You have to get out while it's still moving. So I'd pulled straight in with the scooter. GS & his GF were sitting on one side of me & DH on the other. I made the mistake of turning the speed dial way down so when I tried to back off it didn't have enough OMF to get over the threshhold & since the thing was still moving, it sort of was getting twisted & felt like it was going to tip over. :w00t:

:lol::tt2: DH grabbed it & yanked it straight & I was able to back off. But by then my heart was pounding, I was scared ----less, and I think my BP must have shot up through the roof because I had an instant headache and the back of my neck felt like it had been wrenched! Other than that, it was a GREAT ride!!

:eek::smile2::eek:

On the ride back down I made DH ride the thing onto the gondola & off!! We rode back down with DD & SIL & she got so excited because we saw two little black bears on the way down. I got a really good photo of them because they were right below us.

NO more partying or trips this summer!!

Of course, in a month we'll be heading south!

But that will sort of get things back to "normal" for us.

7_6_1.gif

Hello Phyl; I am glad you enjoyed your Whistler trip. I totally get what you are saying about the "liquid" calories!!!

Ah, summer... actually I'll be o.k. with it being almost over.

It is much easier to stick to your meal plan in the fall. Less partying, less BBQ's!

July and Aug are neutral w/l months for me as well. and my B-day is at the end of the month :tt1: :lol:

Janet; I was sorry to go back and read about Andrew's accident. That is aweful, I am sending possitive Vibes to you and your family:wub: :wub::tt1: :tt1:

Food's been good today, I AM getting back on track come hell or high Water.< /span>

CBL, hugs to all!!!

Can someone please explain the point of a 2.5 hour presentation on Sexual Harrassment Prevention?????

Yes, you'd wonder why folks couldn't figure this out for themselves? And did you ever notice the PEOPLE who need this presentation are NEVER in the audience??

O.k. tracking eats for today.... now I'm going to bed to watch the DNC

CALORIES CARBS FATPROTEINspacer.gifnt3_totals.jpg1,1751543368

Can someone please explain the point of a 2.5 hour presentation on Sexual Harrassment Prevention?????

We had to do our diversity & sexual harrassment on line so it wasn't so bad but ya - I think most pple now a days know about this stuff - but gotta say I have a gf who works in a one girl office and she isn't to polictically correct - so go figure..

Hello Phyl; I am glad you enjoyed your Whistler trip. I totally get what you are saying about the "liquid" calories!!!

Ah, summer... actually I'll be o.k. with it being almost over.

It is much easier to stick to your meal plan in the fall. Less partying, less BBQ's!

July and Aug are neutral w/l months for me as well. and my B-day is at the end of the month :wink2: :crying:

Janet; I was sorry to go back and read about Andrew's accident. That is aweful, I am sending possitive Vibes to you and your family:wub: :wub::tt1: :tt1:

Food's been good today, I AM getting back on track come hell or high Water.< /span>

CBL, hugs to all!!!

Thanks Candice - he is doing better - saw the car today - isnt that bad but one of his wheels broke into 2 pieces. They are tearing it apart to ck the damage... God was on his shoulder that day... The tow truck pple stole his ipod - bastards... and we can't find the gate clicker - but it could be under the seat - we did get the garage door opener..

Yes, you'd wonder why folks couldn't figure this out for themselves? And did you ever notice the PEOPLE who need this presentation are NEVER in the audience??

O.k. tracking eats for today.... now I'm going to bed to watch the DNC

CALORIES CARBS FATPROTEINspacer.gifnt3_totals.jpg1,175 154 33 68

Great on your calories - yes you can get back on tract and you have done good in not gaining... I really think that my exercise is what had kept me in the maintain mode - may go up a pound but then it comes right off - try and increase your exercise before you get your snow or it's too cold..

Ya I am going to watch the DNC in just a few - but I am already sick of all the negative campainging ... It makes me sick - stick to the fricking issues.. not how many houses you have or that Joe Biden your vp talked poop about you when he was running against you - what do you expect - heck whomever Obama picked and they were running for office tagainst him hey would have talked crap - come on we are highly evloved...

Watermelon for Breakfast - tuna salad for lunch - bean dip & chips for snack - dinner will be fish veggies and rice..

1 hr weight training...

Ah, summer... actually I'll be o.k. with it being almost over. It is much easier to stick to your meal plan in the fall. Less partying, less BBQ's!

July and Aug are neutral w/l months for me as well. and my B-day is at the end of the month :tt1::tt1:

Yep, we really had a good time in Whistler!

2010 Winter Olympics are going to be up there in Vancouver & Whistler,

so there's construction all the way up their "Sea to Sky Highway",

but we did see a lot of progress since last summer.

Yeah, the liquid calories did me in, but 1 lb isn't bad.

I'll get back on track now.

I said NO MORE TRIPS, but DD is really wanting to take a "road trip" before she goes back to work (high school health office),

so we're thinking about driving over to Spokane to check on a grandson/nephew gone awry. He called her first asking for money,

then last night called us... but never got around to asking for money!

I think he lost his nerve---- maybe Grandma H intimidates him!!

:tt1::crying::tt1:

Who, ME????? Never!!

We want to see what he REALLY needs for school! :wub:

Not what he THINKS he needs.

Anyway, we'll see. DH doesn't like our plan.

Phyl you have been doing so much traveling and eating out - for me that would be the hardest.. Now that you aren't going be on the road til you come back down here - you will get back on tract.. How's your restriction or is it just those liquid carlories :wink2: and lack of exercise getting to you.. Have you been doing your Wii??

Gosh, wish you had something FUN planned for your vacation!!

So sorry about Andrew's accident!! Glad to hear he's okay.

Yes... too much traveling, too much eating out. No control over the sodium and no clue about the food preparation even when you order something like grilled fish, which was my choice Saturday night. My restriction is excellent, so can't overeat, absolutely CAN NOT do bread at all, rice is so so, Pasta is best avoided. I pretty much have to stick to my Protein, veggies, salad is okay, too. The liquid calories this weekend were bad. Glass of wine in the afternoon, then out to dinner... Cosmo, back to the lodge, out to the hot tub with another glass of wine, etc. Bad! I had four tiny chocolate creams and two bites of DD's chocolate covered apple! Oh, I had 4-5 guys up on a balcony flirting with me, but observation over the next couple of hours showed they were flirting with EVERYONE, AND they were very drunk! DD says, as we were passing by for about the 3rd time, "I think they might be drunk!"

I said, "YA THINK!!! They were flirting with ME!!"

13_1_102v.gif

And, Yes, I have been continuing to do my Wii whenever we're home, for at least 20-30 minutes.

Yep, we really had a good time in Whistler!

2010 Winter Olympics are going to be up there in Vancouver & Whistler,

so there's construction all the way up their "Sea to Sky Highway",

but we did see a lot of progress since last summer.

Yeah, the liquid calories did me in, but 1 lb isn't bad.

I'll get back on track now.

I said NO MORE TRIPS, but DD is really wanting to take a "road trip" before she goes back to work (high school health office),

so we're thinking about driving over to Spokane to check on a grandson/nephew gone awry. He called her first asking for money,

then last night called us... but never got around to asking for money!

I think he lost his nerve---- maybe Grandma H intimidates him!!

:tt1::crying::tt1:

Who, ME????? Never!!

We want to see what he REALLY needs for school! :wub:

Not what he THINKS he needs.

Anyway, we'll see. DH doesn't like our plan.

[/center]

Gosh, wish you had something FUN planned for your vacation!!

So sorry about Andrew's accident!! Glad to hear he's okay.

Yes... too much traveling, too much eating out. No control over the sodium and no clue about the food preparation even when you order something like grilled fish, which was my choice Saturday night. My restriction is excellent, so can't overeat, absolutely CAN NOT do bread at all, rice is so so, Pasta is best avoided. I pretty much have to stick to my Protein, veggies, salad is okay, too. The liquid calories this weekend were bad. Glass of wine in the afternoon, then out to dinner... Cosmo, back to the lodge, out to the hot tub with another glass of wine, etc. Bad! I had four tiny chocolate creams and two bites of DD's chocolate covered apple! Oh, I had 4-5 guys up on a balcony flirting with me, but observation over the next couple of hours showed they were flirting with EVERYONE, AND they were very drunk! DD says, as we were passing by for about the 3rd time, "I think they might be drunk!"

I said, "YA THINK!!! They were flirting with ME!!"

13_1_102v.gif

And, Yes, I have been continuing to do my Wii whenever we're home, for at least 20-30 minutes.

Darling some young men like older more experience women - you never know :biggrin2: Take the flirt and enjoy...

Sweets and the band - too bad it doesnt stop them - I had a mexican wedding cookie that had choc frosting - omg it was to die for - but I bought only one - my gf bought all these litte tarts and pies that would be 4 servings - but if I had bought them it would have been 1 - so I just didn't buy them - just one cookie - moderation - but had 3 drinks Sat night... :tt1:

Ok I am off to watch DNC too.. Will CBL :wink2:

I ate those four little chocolate creams over two days and they still gave me a belly ache~! Sweets do not sit well with my tummy any more! And this morning at TOPS..... someone was handing out 100 calorie bags of Cookies. I hadn't eaten breakfast & I was starving!! Or, at least I thought so. So, I ate a whole bag of whatever they were...kind of little sugar cookies with chocolate on them. In about 10 minutes I was running to the bathroom!! And I was miserable for about the next two hours! Nasty!

29_5_28.gif

I ate those four little chocolate creams over two days and they still gave me a belly ache~! Sweets do not sit well with my tummy any more! And this morning at TOPS..... someone was handing out 100 calorie bags of Cookies. I hadn't eaten breakfast & I was starving!! Or, at least I thought so. So, I ate a whole bag of whatever they were...kind of little sugar cookies with chocolate on them. In about 10 minutes I was running to the bathroom!! And I was miserable for about the next two hours! Nasty!

29_5_28.gif

Some of those things are "sugar free" but have sugar alcohol in them which give my stomach the what for. The cals are about equal, sugar or no so I say have the real stuff in moderation.

I wish sweets didn't like me. They've been calling to me all day long....actually all weekend long. I gave in to temptation a bit yesterday and had a bit too much berry cobbler, but it was better than the chocolates that I was really wanting. At least I had made the cobbler with kashi and whole oats so it was a little good for me. Today I threw out all the rest of it. Now if that didn't kill me!!! I made it for church potluck and was glad I did because it was one of only 2 Desserts but still had some left over.

I tried to post earlier but then connection went down. I'll have to go re read and repost after I recall what else I said.

I'll cbl, have a nice night ladies.

29_5_28.gif

Phyl I wish I sweets did that to my I have a cast Iron stomach :crying: sorry you had a tummy ache but at least you got the stuff out - didn't stay in your system too long :wink2:

I really didn't plan on doing much for this week off - after all my trips its will be nice to stay home and not put makeup on... The only thing I did want to do was go to the beach... Well theres always next yr... Plus I have been spending too much $$$ and got regroup here - so I will be on here on lbt - reading - cleaning - and a little school shopping..

Plus tonite I asked Idries (my trainer) if we were working out on Labor Day and he said yes - no rest for the wicked... :wub:

Some of those things are "sugar free" but have sugar alcohol in them which give my stomach the what for. The cals are about equal, sugar or no so I say have the real stuff in moderation.

I wish sweets didn't like me. They've been calling to me all day long....actually all weekend long. I gave in to temptation a bit yesterday and had a bit too much berry cobbler, but it was better than the chocolates that I was really wanting. At least I had made the cobbler with kashi and whole oats so it was a little good for me. Today I threw out all the rest of it. Now if that didn't kill me!!! I made it for church potluck and was glad I did because it was one of only 2 desserts but still had some left over.

I tried to post earlier but then connection went down. I'll have to go re read and repost after I recall what else I said.

I'll cbl, have a nice night ladies.

Steph

How's your Mom - doesn't she go next month for her PS??? Tell her Hi for me ok.... I have been thinking about her over the last couple of days..

My computer kicked me off a bit ago too. Then I try and get back on lbt and it can't find the website - I have to reboot and then it will let me get back on..

Proud of you for throwing the cobbler away - but oh my sounds good - would love a little bit w/ice cream - but for me I have to be good during the week - and on Saturday - is my treat day..

Well, watch the DNC - Loved seeing Ted Kennedy up there making a speech with all that he is going through..

Well, watch the DNC - Loved seeing Ted Kennedy up there making a speech with all that he is going through..

Well, you have a point there!!

I don't like him, but he is a pretty gutsy guy to show up & give a speech as sick as he apparently is!

29_5_28.gif

That's called a God Smack. Happens to me all the time.

I Checked my BMI yesterday. 26.6. I am actually getting close to NORMAL. (yeah, like that will really happen. What is normal?) LOL We celebrated my Granddaughter's first birthday this weekend. Had cake and ice cream......the whole nine yards. Still lost a pound. We neded up going over to Lake Michigan, and walking the boardwalk. Must have walked at least.......God, who knows. We walked for about two hours. (oh, my calves ache today) I am having problems getting my Water in. Two bottles go down easy......most of the time I can even get the third one in.........but the fourth?? Forget it.

HAVE A GREAT DAY..........DRINK YOUR WATER.......and don't overdo it on your vcation, Janet.:thumbup:

Well, you have a point there!!

I don't like him, but he is a pretty gutsy guy to show up & give a speech as sick as he apparently is!

Phyl - :thumbup:

That's called a God Smack. Happens to me all the time.

I Checked my BMI yesterday. 26.6. I am actually getting close to NORMAL. (yeah, like that will really happen. What is normal?) LOL We celebrated my Granddaughter's first birthday this weekend. Had cake and ice cream......the whole nine yards. Still lost a pound. We neded up going over to Lake Michigan, and walking the boardwalk. Must have walked at least.......God, who knows. We walked for about two hours. (oh, my calves ache today) I am having problems getting my Water in. Two bottles go down easy......most of the time I can even get the third one in.........but the fourth?? Forget it.

HAVE A GREAT DAY..........DRINK YOUR WATER.......and don't overdo it on your vcation, Janet.:thumbup:

Kari

Congrats on your bmi and losing that pound.. I have always found that those weeks that I did increase my calories a bit I lost more weight. How's your biking - you don't talk about it much anymore??

I like staying home really - it's a real vacation - not haveing to be some where at a certain time - doing my hair and make up - I am really an introvert - most pple wouldn't think that of me - but I am - I need my time to recharge...

I will work on my water - Well off to they gym - Will ck back later...

Good morning ladies! Hope all is going well.

Janet, I see you're up early on your first vacation day! sleep in silly! That's what I dream of anymore. My darlings are up at 6 every morning and I just dream of sleeping in without being woke up. Some days my eldest gets up with them, but they are still screaming. One day I will sleep in. So Janet, sleep in one day for me.

Kari, Why do I always forget about that "God Smack". I LOVE IT! I've gotta get it in my every day conversation. Glad you had a great time at the birthday party and the boardwalk.

As far as what I was going to say yesterday, I was saying that I am NOT crazy! I am on meds for that! I am normal now. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

The young ones are gone to daycare today....my eldest is off to spend his last day of freedom. I worked really really hard yesterday to get everything cleaned so that today I can curl up with a nice book. I'm going to enjoy it so much.

I'll check in later. Have a great day ladies!!!

Good morning ladies! Hope all is going well.

Janet, I see you're up early on your first vacation day! sleep in silly! That's what I dream of anymore. My darlings are up at 6 every morning and I just dream of sleeping in without being woke up. Some days my eldest gets up with them, but they are still screaming. One day I will sleep in. So Janet, sleep in one day for me.

Kari, Why do I always forget about that "God Smack". I LOVE IT! I've gotta get it in my every day conversation. Glad you had a great time at the birthday party and the boardwalk.

As far as what I was going to say yesterday, I was saying that I am NOT crazy! I am on meds for that! I am normal now. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

The young ones are gone to daycare today....my eldest is off to spend his last day of freedom. I worked really really hard yesterday to get everything cleaned so that today I can curl up with a nice book. I'm going to enjoy it so much.

I'll check in later. Have a great day ladies!!!

Steph - My fur babies don't let me sleep -:thumbup: But I do nap :thumbup:... So I will nap for you how about that.:w00t:. Sunday I did sleep til 9:30 - but that's cuz I was out and drinking the night before..- on those days I do sleep in..

Well did 4 miles today in 1 hr 5 minutes.. I am really swollen today - must have had too much salt yesterday... So I gotta get my Water in today..

I need to vaccum my room - wash - Iron - and food shop... but who know's what i am going to do - I am cooling off from my workout so whatever strikes me to do I guess that's what I'll do..

Well off to my other threads. CBL:w00t:

Where is everyone today !!!

After the gym I showder and took my choc protien powder to gf who is having surgery (bypass) next week - then went food shopping - got some ribs and Famous Dan sauce like we had on our MofA trip...

Going to have them and some okra and rice for dinner - can you beleive I am not eating fish :w00t::lol::cool2:

Well, just cking in - gotta go see what Hilary is going to say tonight at the DNC