Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky # Sevens- July 07 Bandsters

4_1_219.gif

I JUST COULDN'T RESIST.

1. AVOID CUTTING YOURSELF WHEN SLICING VEGETABLES BY GETTING SOMEONE ELSE TO HOLD THE VEGETABLES WHILE YOU CHOP.

2. AVOID ARGUMENTS WITH THE FEMALES ABOUT LIFTING THE TOILET SEAT BY USING THE SINK.

3. FOR HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE SUFFERERS ~ SIMPLY CUT YOURSELF AND BLEED FOR A FEW MINUTES, THUS REDUCING THE PRESSURE ON YOUR VEINS. REMEMBER TO USE A TIMER.

4. A MOUSE TRAP PLACED ON TOP OF YOUR ALARM CLOCK WILL PREVENT YOU FROM ROLLING OVER AND GOING BACK TO sleep AFTER YOU HIT THE SNOOZE BUTTON.

5. IF YOU HAVE A BAD COUGH, TAKE A LARGE DOSE OF laxatives. THEN YOU'LL BE AFRAID TO COUGH.

6. YOU ONLY NEED TWO TOOLS IN LIFE - WD-40 AND DUCT TAPE. IF IT DOESN'T MOVE AND SHOULD, USE THE WD-40. IF IT SHOULDN'T MOVE AND DOES, USE THE DUCT TAPE.

7. IF YOU CAN'T FIX IT WITH A HAMMER, YOU'VE GOT AN ELECTRICAL PROBLEM.

DAILY THOUGHT: SOME PEOPLE ARE LIKE SLINKIES - NOT REALLY GOOD FOR ANYTHING...

BUT THEY BRING A SMILE TO YOUR FACE WHEN PUSHED DOWN THE STAIRS .

sig.jsp?pc=ZSzeb095&pp=ZSYYYYYYNWUS

th_CandiceSummitt-1.jpg Hi gang, here is my picture of Self on TOP of the 1500 meter mountain I climbed last weekend...

th_CandiceSummitt-1.jpg Hi gang, here is my picture of Self on TOP of the 1500 meter mountain I climbed last weekend...

What an accomplishment!!

The BUG SUIT is GREAT!

Hi everyone... are you getting excited for your MOA trip? You'll have a great time!

I can't believe its been a year since our banding. What a year! I wouldn't change this for anything.

I've started the Couch to 5k challenge, learning to run through interval training. I didn't think I'd be able to do it, but I tried it yesterday, and was so proud of myself. I'm still very heavy, so was worried about my knees, but no problem. I even got the runner's high afterwards! Tomorrow is my 2nd run... and I'm so psyched for it!

I've exercised everyday this week, which is the first time I've done that since being banded. I know... you guys have been... but I was a slow starter in this area. So now I'm building the habit!

Enjoy your trip!

Candice... love the photos you sent!

Hey Kristen - I was wondering about you - I thought I p.m. you a while back- Your fur babie is cute - I voted - Please try and come back- tomorrow's you Band Anniversay !!!

Phyl - Went to the dentist - and finally made it to El Paseo (it's the Rodeo Dr of the Desert - All you non-Ca or USA pple know Rodeo Dr) Went to a store called Black & White - and I think it's setting in that I am small - I can go get a size 6 and it fits... Even White jeans.. Then went across the street and visited with my GF who I haven't seen in ages - in fact she's my son's godmother - We have been friends since 3rd grade... I say Creative Salon and thougth to myself -that's where kathy works.. So visited her for a while.. Then went to the mall - go a dress for $ 17 and OH YA bought a PALM SPRINGS LIFE MAGAZINE - My interview is in it... I will copy on Monday when I go to work and scan and attached... But that was it - all the stores are having summer clearances - and not much to choose from - came home...

Candice - The bugs are that bad to have to where that netting - OMW I have never been anywhere that bugs were that bad - I would not like that how could I smoke in that suit :thumbup:

Steph

Well - when we go to the QVC store - I will show you what to do :biggrin2:

Kari

Loved it - are you feeling better..

Kathy

Yep a week from today - we should all be having cocktails about this time. well lets see in Minn it's 3 hrs diff so ya 9 p.m. heck we may be asleep...

Congrats on the exercise - I really beleive it's key...

Good evening ladies. Haven't been around much today. I don't know why but I was exhausted today. Niece and I went for our 4 mile trek this morning. She would only go if I promised not to run. How crazy was that? But we walked very quickly. We got finished almost as quickly as when we ran.

But then the rest of the day I was pretty tired. Finally laid down with the kids when they took a nap...and I'm still very tired. I don't know what's going on. It's raining so I'm not walking tonight. Glad we walked this morning.

Kathy, good for you on the exercise. You don't have to feel bad about getting a late start....any start is better than where you were this time last year.

Janet. I'm hoping to get my new Laura Geller before we leave. It's an auto delivery and they were back ordered. It was supposed to be shipped yesterday and I'm trying to not look so I won't be disappointed if it's not here. But I'm really looking forward to the qvc store. I want to find sosme diamonique...but want to try it on before I buy it. I don't even know what size fingers I have.

Phyl, is dd feeling alright today? I'm sure you're worried about her.

Okay...going to watch a movie with hubby after we get the kiddos in bed. I'll be in and out. Have a good Friday night ladies.

Candice your picture is great. I climbed a mountain about the same height as yours 2 years ago. It was an exhilerating feeling. Fortunately we didn't have the bugs

Phyl - I hope your DD is feeling better and that you are getting some rest.

Steph - Sorry you are so tired. I know the feeling. My PS warned me that for some reason you can feel really drained of energy during the 3rd week after PS. I totally get it. I am exhausted. Didn't help that we went and saw the midnight showing of The Dark Knight last night. TOTALLY worth it though. If anyone has a chance to see the movie they should. It was seriously the best movie I have ever seen.

Janet - I tried to do a little shopping yesterday, but it is so overwhelming to me. I am freaked out a little bit cause I have 1 pair of size 4 pants that fit nicely when I am swollen and are a little big when I am not. Then I have 3 shirts that fit. That is it. My closet looks totally bare. Right now I am wearing my ultra fat clothes (Yep some of the ones I wore before surgery) to lounge around the house in. My binders are so tight so it is nice to have some loose fitting clothes on. We went to JC Pennys and Target yesterday and I couldn't bring myself to buy anything. DH had an interview yesterday and should hear sometime next week if he got the job. I SOOOOO hope he does. Right now I am paying every bill and believe me...teachers don't make that much money.

Well the drainage has stopped gushing today. I have to "milk" my tummy area 3 times per day though to try and squeeze the drainage out. PS thinks that we may have pulled out the drains a little too soon even though I was WAY under the drainage volume. So I just tell everyone that I sprung a leak. I have to say I was a little worried when it happened yesterday. PS said that it isn't unheard of but when you have fluids coming out of your belly...it is scary as hell.

Well I am going to try and convince hubby to let me go for a walk tonight. We opted to not go last night because of the leakage. I would like to go for a bit today though.

Karri, When we were at the mall on Monday, Herbergers was having 70% off everything on sale. Those same sales should be going on at Sears. I don't know if you guys have Herberger's out there. The bigger national chains should be having great sales right now.

I can't send you anything...I'm way to big for you. I'd help if I could.

Hope you get to go on your walk. It will be so cathartic for you!

Good Morning Gang..

No sleep for the wicked... Between GS coming home (dogs barking) then getting in the pool (more barking) then getting back to sleep then dogs wanting up on the bed - I have been up since 5:30 :scared2:

Now getting ready to head to the gym to meet with my trainer partner (my trainer want me to get her motivated)

Today's agenda - Nails - food shopping - gf coming over tonite for dinner and video.... Maybe I can get a nap in..

Steph - I love diamonique - I but lost one once (on my honeymoon) and I was sick for weeks - still get sick when I think about it (they were my stepmom's) -have diamond earrings (dh replaced the ones i lost) - so now my earrings are diamonique.. If I lose one so what - and know one would know the diff...

Karri

I am just still so in awe of my body - I just can't beleive I am a six - when I get ps (yes i am doing it Monday going to call the p.s. that my doc referred me to to make an appt - eye - arms and the 2 major areas - but will ck the cost for body lift and boob lift - don't want fake boobs but would like them lifted I don't care that they are small) After all that I would be less than a 4 too - you are most likely a 2 now.

Ok just ck'd the time - I gotta split...

Cbl

Oh Janet; You are too funny... Smoking in the BUG NET!! O.k. girl you wanna climb a mountain you need to dump those smokes over the first cliff you come to!! ;-)

Seriously, the bugs were especially bad this year as we have had record amount of rainfall ( Global warming screwed our seasons up, I think) anyways, I am just a real suck when it comes to bug bites... it will ruin my whole day if I keep getting pestered by them... hence I wore the bug suit so I could "REALLY" enjoy my climb. Honestly, it was such hard work that a bear could have taken a hunk out of me and I dont' think I would have noticed!!

You'll notice in the pictures I sent that my DH and Dear BIL were NOT wearing bug suits - just my sister and I ( the whinners)

My husband is still calling me "Princess"...

Hi Linda;

I enjoyed hearing your real voice the other day on the phone... I just wanted to confirm with you my Ferry is booked leaving Muskegon Mich. at 4:45pm arriving in MIlwakee at 6:15 p.m. on 24th July that is a Thursday. We drive to the M of A Friday. Stay over night in the hotel FRIDAY , SAT & Sunday is driving back to your place .

Ferry back to michigan is MONDAY Jul 28th at 12:30 noon arriving back in Michigan at 4 p.m.

Then I'll drive back across Michigan to Sarnia and stay overnight with my relatives. THen home Tuesday.

5 more sleeps!

Oh Janet; You are too funny... Smoking in the BUG NET!! O.k. girl you wanna climb a mountain you need to dump those smokes over the first cliff you come to!! ;-)

Seriously, the bugs were especially bad this year as we have had record amount of rainfall ( Global warming screwed our seasons up, I think) anyways, I am just a real suck when it comes to bug bites... it will ruin my whole day if I keep getting pestered by them... hence I wore the bug suit so I could "REALLY" enjoy my climb. Honestly, it was such hard work that a bear could have taken a hunk out of me and I dont' think I would have noticed!!

You'll notice in the pictures I sent that my DH and Dear BIL were NOT wearing bug suits - just my sister and I ( the whinners)

My husband is still calling me "Princess"...

Nothing wrong with being a Princess - You are...

Not ready to give up my cigs - I can do 10 incline on the treadmill so I can climb the mountain :biggrin2:

I wouldn't like to bugs either ... So I would have to spray myself with deat (sp) and wear the bug suit...

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok back from gym - I really prefer to workout alone - my partner is just starting and it's slowing me down some (only did 2 miles today) and I miss listening to my music - I did put in one ear phone for like 2 songs - but feel it's rude to be listening to music and she isn't. Hopefully next Tues when she comes - she will have her ipod...

Well, I gotta get in the shower and get ready for my day - it's 84 with 72% humdity - feels like 92 - yesterday car said it was 115 so our summer has finally arrived :wink2:- got my elect bill but havent opened it yet:confused:

Well - I am off - CBL :scared2:

Good Evening Ladies

I am gettin jealous hearing about the MofA trip. I wanna go!! You guys better take pictures........lots of them.........and post them.

CANDACE - Are you taking 69 to 96 from Port Huron to Muskegan? Maybe if you have enough time, we could meet for coffee or water.......before or after your trip. Cell # 734-904- 8616.

JANET - Loved the picture. You are smoking, girl!!! I tried drsses on the other day. i'm nowhere close to a 6. Try XL. I am back to normal and feeling great. Although, after the gym yesterday and sweating a lot, I had to do some fast talking to myself cause I wanted to stop at the corner store and get a frozen coke so I didn't get dehydrated again. LOL

At the Art Fair, they had a Wii booth where you could try out the Wii fit. DH tried to talk me into it, but I guess I was feeling pretty rotten then cause I wanted no part of it.

DRINK UP LADIES. TTYL

7_4_33.gif

sig.jsp?pc=ZSzeb113&pp=ZSYYYYYYNWUS

Good Evening Ladies

I am gettin jealous hearing about the MofA trip. I wanna go!! You guys better take pictures........lots of them.........and post them.

CANDACE - Are you taking 69 to 96 from Port Huron to Muskegan? Maybe if you have enough time, we could meet for coffee or water.......before or after your trip. Cell # 734-904- 8616.

JANET - Loved the picture. You are smoking, girl!!! I tried drsses on the other day. i'm nowhere close to a 6. Try XL. I am back to normal and feeling great. Although, after the gym yesterday and sweating a lot, I had to do some fast talking to myself cause I wanted to stop at the corner store and get a frozen coke so I didn't get dehydrated again. LOL

At the Art Fair, they had a Wii booth where you could try out the Wii fit. DH tried to talk me into it, but I guess I was feeling pretty rotten then cause I wanted no part of it.

DRINK UP LADIES. TTYL

Sure wish you could join us. Sounds like you're not too far away. I just looked at the map to see where Port Huron & Muskegon are.

Boy!! Candice has a LONG drive!!

15_1_56.gif

I am not having a good food day.

Our Primetimers group had a "country breakfast" at someone's home this morning. There were about 60 of us there. We had to sit in sort of an awkward location and nothing was getting passed to us. So I started with what was in front of me.... biscuit and gravy! I only put a little gravy on one half of a small biscuit. It was after 10 a.m. and I was starving. Then I had some (cold) scrambled eggs and a small sausage patty. I tried a bite of cantelope then and it almost came up... didn't agree with me, and it set the scene for the rest of the day! Several hours later I was getting hungry for lunch so I had 1/2 a deviled egg. Felt stuck again. And it's just been kind of a miserable day stomach wise. DH gave me a 3 oz glass of wine a couple of hours ago and it's still sitting next to me. I look at it every now and then, but do desire to drink it or anything else! Had a small piece of fish and an ear of corn tonight. Tight day, I guess.