Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky # Sevens- July 07 Bandsters

I was thinking.....okay that is always dangerous, but....I was wondering if you all would like to be part of a Lucky 7 slideshow. I love using powerpoint and playing with it and designing those things so I was thinking it might be fun for the M of A trip. Even for those of you not going to be there, it would be a way for you to be there in spirit. If you would like to be part of it, what I'm thinking is pictures and quotes from everyone. Things from the journey. Goals, why you did this, important things that happened that you didn't expect. You could email it all to me and then I can put it all together in a presentation. I may try to dig into past posts and find things for you all too. I thought I would see if you all were interested before going any further. School gets out in May and I'll need a project to keep my busy on days when the kids are in daycare. It's something I would love to do, but only if you all are interested. I could then post it on the web somewhere private so that only us 7's could find it and those who aren't there can see it to. Anyone interested or are you not. Looking for feedback is all. Let me know.

That sounds like fun! Great idea.

Phyl - Why does he want you to wait - I know someone who knew someone who had both done at the same time and it was a 75 yr old man - I would think I would get them done at the same time - done and over with .. But this is the girl who is afarid of see the PS for any kind of work - I don't like pain :w00t:)

Well, off to eat - lunch AmyLu sauage 110 c for 1 may have 2 I am hungry and some green Beans - these sauages are the one I got at costco no pork no nitrates mgs etc - organic meat :lol: apple & gouda cheese - yummy...

CBL..

I am not going to be running on my foot at all this week. I am going to work on leg endurance using the eliptical (no foot pounding) and the bike. Today I am going to do the bike...that is if I don't go home and drowned myself in about 3 bottles of strong alcohol. Okay...so i wouldn't actually do that because I don't like alcohol, too many liquid calories, I don't like alcohol, I would have a raging headache after 3 sips, and did I mention that I don't like alcohol. So here is the story...

When my students don't turn in their work on time they have a three day grace period...once that time is up they have to come in during lunch and work on that project/assignment until it is finished. Today I had 78 FREAKING KIDS IN MY ROOM!. That is right...78 out of my 140 students hadn't turned work in. How ridiculous is that?!?! I am here EVERYDAY before school by 6AM at the latest, at lunch, and afterschool for at least 30 minutes. Also I give them class time to work on it. These are the days when I would rather dig ditches. At least then I would get a workout in as well. I told another teacher that this frustrates the CRAP out of me...who needs laxatives when I have my job!

As for postponing the half-marathon...I can't. 4 days after the 1/2 I have surgery so it is this one or nothing. I haven't signed up for it yet and I will see how my foot is feeling after Sunday's run. If it still hurts I will go to the doctor and see what it feels like. I think it is just sprained. I promise I will not do anything that will hurt it permanently. As soon as I realized I couldn't run I came up with another plan. This is where I am so different from before. In the past I would have just said..."well I can't run so I might as well just give up." Then I would follow that up by binging. Now I just find alternatives. That is what life has to be about. You have to find alternatives to food and make modifications to exercise when necessary.

Well I have a CRAP ton of work to grade so I had best get it done. This is the first time since 6AM that I have not had students in my classroom. I have been at school since 4:30AM...for the second time this week. And yes if you are keeping track...it is only Tuesday.

Phyl - Why does he want you to wait - I know someone who knew someone who had both done at the same time and it was a 75 yr old man - I would think I would get them done at the same time - done and over with.

It is very tempting to just get them both done at the same time. This doc told me they do it, but don't recommend it. We'll see what the other surgeon says next week. DH's problem.... rehab interfering with our summer travel plans and fall departure for warmer climes...i.e. Desert Hot Springs. If I can get the first one done within the next month, I should be all recovered by the time of our July trip. Then I was thinking I could get the other one done in August and still be ready to leave in Oct.

I think we bought those costco sausages once or twice. Sounds good.

It is very tempting to just get them both done at the same time. This doc told me they do it, but don't recommend it. We'll see what the other surgeon says next week. DH's problem.... rehab interfering with our summer travel plans and fall departure for warmer climes...i.e. Desert Hot Springs. If I can get the first one done within the next month, I should be all recovered by the time of our July trip. Then I was thinking I could get the other one done in August and still be ready to leave in Oct.

I think we bought those costco sausages once or twice. Sounds good.

The sausage was good AmyLu or something like that - I had 2 - really could have done just one - but I will be full all afternoon... I just micro waved them - 220 calories - I will have to look at pt grms when I get home - and the skin wasn't too tough - We like farmer john hot links but i have found that the skin on those don't agree to well w/my band - my fav was the ends... now I will just add the insides to my omelets.

Well, that would work if the doc could get you in ASAP - OMW you will become our new treadmill queen once you get those knees fixed...:w00t:

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Karri

Hugs for your students as all us non-teacher pple - we give you teachers tons of props - I couldn't do it...

OK - if your foot isn't better - you better see the doc..

Yep - now a days we don't give up - we just figure another way to attack the problem... :lol:

2 1/2 bottles of Water so far - I have this new competition with myself - I have to drink 1 bottle before I eat Breakfast - then 1 bottle before lunch and then 1 -before I leave at 4 and one when I get home - It's all about planing :w00t:

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Ruby - has your dh left for Canada?? or is he back by now - how are things going for you guys on that front..

---------------------------------------------------------------

Ruby - has your dh left for Canada?? or is he back by now - how are things going for you guys on that front..

He's going to Edmonton on Friday (and will be back home Monday) for a service and burial of her ashes in her family plot. There was a service in Toronto, where she'd lived for much of her life, on Thursday just gone for family and friends. He couldn't attend it due to finances and work. He had to choose one service over the other and opted for the private family one.

We spent some time alone at a small little lake nearby on Thursday during the same time her service would have been held just to sit and remember and listen to the music that would be played at her service.

It was hard for him to make the choice not to go to that service, and I would have supported him 100% if he felt he needed to.

He's doing okay though. Thank you for asking. :lol:

So Janet is the only one that always keeps the monitors updated on her daily Water intake. Come on ladies, where do we all stand today? Me, I'm halfway there.

*stand with hands on hips, tapping foot* I have a clipboard, don't make me use it on you. :lol: :w00t:

He's going to Edmonton on Friday (and will be back home Monday) for a service and burial of her ashes in her family plot. There was a service in Toronto, where she'd lived for much of her life, on Thursday just gone for family and friends. He couldn't attend it due to finances and work. He had to choose one service over the other and opted for the private family one.

We spent some time alone at a small little lake nearby on Thursday during the same time her service would have been held just to sit and remember and listen to the music that would be played at her service.

It was hard for him to make the choice not to go to that service, and I would have supported him 100% if he felt he needed to.

He's doing okay though. Thank you for asking. :lol:

Ruby - I know how hard it is to lose a parent and with Mother's & Father Days ad's bombarding us for the next 2 months - it always brings up the sadness of not having my Parents anymore.. My Stepmom died 5/12/02 and my Dad 6/15/02 - I am a hardass on the outside but am truly a big baby inside :w00t:

Yep I am pretty good on my Water :yesnod::tt2::hurray: almost done with this 3rd bottle - 1 more to go...

You know us sista in blue gotta stick together :w00t:

So Janet is the only one that always keeps the monitors updated on her daily Water intake. Come on ladies, where do we all stand today? Me, I'm halfway there.

*stand with hands on hips, tapping foot* I have a clipboard, don't make me use it on you. :lol: :w00t:

3_4_103.gif

Morning Coffee.... about 12 oz

12_4_63.gif

Crystal Lite.... about 16 oz so far

7_4_33.gif

Wine.... about 6 oz. Does that count??

29_5_47.gif

I'm about to go for a ride on my scooter

and buy a 12 oz latte.

The rest of the day I'll be drinking Crystal Lite.

I don't like water!!

Janet is safe. Phyl also dodges the wrath of the clipboard. Just. Who else is out there? Don't pretend like you're not reading. :blushing:

I have had 2 bottles of Water today and I am lucky I have had that. Seriously not a moment to breathe today. Plus I ran out of Crystal light and I can only stomach water during workouts. However, NO MORE EXCUSES...I am off to home to drink some crystal light there. I think I am taking the night off from the gym. My foot is kind of sore.

NO MORE EXCUSES...I am off to home to drink some crystal light there.

Good girl! :blushing:

I have 16oz to go.

Linda? Candice? Denise? Steph?

*drums fingers on clipboard* :lol:

I have had 2 bottles of Water today and I am lucky I have had that. Seriously not a moment to breathe today. Plus I ran out of Crystal light and I can only stomach water during workouts. However, NO MORE EXCUSES...I am off to home to drink some crystal light there. I think I am taking the night off from the gym. My foot is kind of sore.

Do we have to get you one of those baseball caps with the cup holders on the sides and a straw attached???

drinkingcap.jpg

Linda? Candice? Denise? Steph?

:blushing: *drums fingers on clipboard*

36_18_6.gif

Yes I need one of those... and today it needed the alcohol to go along with it!

Got another 16 oz down. That means that I am up to 48 oz today. 1 more and I will be good to go!

OK--Let's see. I had med coffee on the way home from the sleep lab so that's 12 ounces. Then one bottle at work this morning = 8 ounces, another bottle in the afternoon = 8 more ounces plus I drank one during spanish class = 8 more, so that's 28 ounces total + 4 ounces for the ww sf icecream bar which brings me to 32 ounces. Calories = 1100. My problem is Protein. . .