Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky # Sevens- July 07 Bandsters

Hi gang. I am still alive. Kids left yesterday morning. I did not sleep a single wink the night before. I got up at 8:30am on Wednesday and didnt go to sleep until 11:30am yesterday morning. My daughter called me numerous times yesterday and told me what she was doing. I talked with my son a couple of times. He is a boy though and he just isn't as emotional. I am feeling lots better today though. It is noon and daughter called this morning and she is having a wonderful time. She said that when they went to the live play "wicked" and she said 'words can not explain how wonderful it was!' She went to the navy peer yesterday and rode the 15 story Farris Wheel and a few other things. My son says 'yeah I like it here. We should come sometime.' Then a couple more sentences and he says 'ok I will see you Sunday night then.' HAHA He wants mom to LEAVE HIM ALONE!! Anyway I am glad they are having a good time and they are there so the ride is over with.

Phyl-sounds like you are having a great time with the wii. I want the wii fit as well. We are watching for it.

Janet-your scale will move it always does. I know how it feels when it doesn't though and you know damn well you have been doing everything right. That is when the 'old demons' attack me and I think for a FLEETING moment 'what is the point I am not losing anyway.

Steph-hope you are feeling better. I just seen a friend yesterday who told me she bought the total gym about 2 months ago and she loves it. Said she has really noticed a difference in her arms and her stomach as far as tightening up. I am looking into it now as well

Kari-CONGRATS ON RUNNING 4 MILES!!!!!!!!!!!!! You go girl!!

Peaches- You are such a funny person and I love reading you posts with your conotations. I thought mercural had something to do with tempts but I wasn't sure.

I know there are others that I haven't replied to but I cant remember what the posts read. LOL I am off to go get my exercise in for the day. DH and I didn't do much last night. I made steamed chicken breast and mixed vegies for supper. I used one of my glad steamer bags in the microwave so it was nothing hard and barely any clean up. Got up this morning and still did my daily sweep, vacuum and dust stands and desk off. Not a whole lot of anything to really do. Everything is all sparkly clean and I am totally relaxed now.

I have to tell you all though. I have had my fill for 4 weeks and I was actually scheduled to go back in this past Wednesday and get another but I cancelled it because it felt tighter all of a sudden and I really didn't have time that day with getting the kids ready and all. I can tell you that I am glad I didn't go though. Wednesday night it was sooooo tight and then yesterday morning and for most of the day until about 6-6:30 last night I would reflux if I drank anything. It was tight. I attribute that to being stressed out and emotional though. Today it is better. I was able to eat my chicken last night. I didn't eat much though and I was full so on that part I was happy that it had tightened up. Today it is fine. I haven't really eaten anything except 1/2 cup of cherrios and I am still not hungry. I am supposed to go next week for the fill I skipped but I will see how it is the night before and maybe I will be able to cancel that appointment as well. Just wanted to share about the band tightening up.

Ok I better go walk I will try to check back tonight. DH wants to take me to the movie and out for supper. I told him lets see how we are feeling. I am absolutely fine with setting here at home and watching tv and just relaxing. I am always on the go with my job so being able to just set home and not cooking and having to clean up and the norm of everyday life is really appealing o me right now.

TTYAL

OMW - ALL MORNING GOT THE MESSAGE SITE DOWN FOR MAINTANENCE..

I was going crazy - I had to do some actual work this morning :sad::lol:

Phyl - Global Crisis - yes without the internet where would we be :unsure:

Ruby - OMW you remembered that much of your dream - Lately I don't/can't remember mine.. It was a sign of your determination :thumbup:

Jackie - Well when I got home from work I weighed 164 - so since it was still my weigh in day - I took that number - If nothing else just to make me feel better.. Now lets see where I am next week - but I was so pissed off yesterday - I had no problem eating on the lite side - I am suppose to be eating oatmeal for bf - but that has 160 cal so I had yogurt & stawberries (fresh) for a total of 100 c - so I saved 60 calories and didn't eat any popcorn last night - but the real reason was that I didn't eat dinner until like 9:30 ish and then went to bed... I was wound up pretty tight last night for some reason - I was blasting off post to the newbies about their band - you know me on my soap box - will power etc..

I have a headach this morning - don't know why - maybe cuz i am working too hard... :lol:

Ok - I got my fix - I was able to talk to my girls - so as usual - CBL :tt2:

Holey Moley Guys! All day long the site is down for maintenance. Who the heck decided to do THAT during the day? That's what 3am-6am is for!!! Okay....just a little panicked that I couldn't keep in touch today. It is very frustrating. I sat here thinking to myself, "Where did I used to spend all my time?" and couldn't come up with an answer!!!! How is that for addicted?

Not much to report. I still feel like crud and I pb'd on lunch but that was my own fault for attempting to eat school lunch today. It was so unhealthy and when I looked at it I knew I should just skip it but I didn't have the energy to fix my own today....so I attempted it. Now I'm really tight and can barely get my Water down. Next period I'm going to try coffee and see if the heat helps a little.

I think my scale dropped a bit this morning. I have a rotary scale and it's really hard to tell when it goes down. It just sort of moves a little bit and you don't really notice it day to day. I've thought about an electronic but haven't heard anything about good ones that don't cost a hundred bucks! So for now I watch my little dial drop a bit and hope for the best. I want to be into the 150's by my scale by my neices' graduation. That gives me a month to lose 6 pounds. I really want to fit into this old pair of 14's that I found digging through stuff on Sunday. I can get them up and zipped but they look like my old 20's did in the beginning....just stuffed full and ready to pop. I can't believe I used to think that made me look better. Who was I looking at in the mirror??? Obviously I had a very distorted body image.

Well...I just got a full study hall so I had better keep on them. They will do nothing if I let them. Talk to you tonight all! If you aren't around, have a great weekend.

TGIF!!!!

Holey Moley Guys! All day long the site is down for maintenance. Who the heck decided to do THAT during the day? That's what 3am-6am is for!!! Okay....just a little panicked that I couldn't keep in touch today. It is very frustrating. I sat here thinking to myself, "Where did I used to spend all my time?" and couldn't come up with an answer!!!! How is that for addicted?

Not much to report. I still feel like crud and I pb'd on lunch but that was my own fault for attempting to eat school lunch today. It was so unhealthy and when I looked at it I knew I should just skip it but I didn't have the energy to fix my own today....so I attempted it. Now I'm really tight and can barely get my Water down. Next period I'm going to try coffee and see if the heat helps a little.

I think my scale dropped a bit this morning. I have a rotary scale and it's really hard to tell when it goes down. It just sort of moves a little bit and you don't really notice it day to day. I've thought about an electronic but haven't heard anything about good ones that don't cost a hundred bucks! So for now I watch my little dial drop a bit and hope for the best. I want to be into the 150's by my scale by my neices' graduation. That gives me a month to lose 6 pounds. I really want to fit into this old pair of 14's that I found digging through stuff on Sunday. I can get them up and zipped but they look like my old 20's did in the beginning....just stuffed full and ready to pop. I can't believe I used to think that made me look better. Who was I looking at in the mirror??? Obviously I had a very distorted body image.

Well...I just got a full study hall so I had better keep on them. They will do nothing if I let them. Talk to you tonight all! If you aren't around, have a great weekend.

TGIF!!!!

I have used my same 10.92$ Walmart digital scale for the last 10 years. I have been on the thousand dollar ones at the doc's office and mine is always within 2 pounds. No way I am spending hundreds on a scale:scared2:. Today is a rest day from running and I need it. My legs are really tired and my knees were REALLY sore this morning. They have felt better as I have gone throughout the day.

We are going to Bend (the "BIG" city next to us, but I almost have to choke when I say big) so that I can get a good pair of shoes. My shoes are fine for the average going to the gym workout, but they are not good for the amount of miles that I am running on them. Did you see my signature...I have already run 10 miles this week and I have 3 more to run tomorrow!!!

I did not get my grading done last night so I have a CRAP ton to do this weekend. That is alright though since this is the first time I have taken work home in a long time. Our 6 week grading is due on Friday of next week and I am leaving early to head over the mountains to the western part of the state where we are going to visit some friends and I am going to run in the 5K. I am SOOOOOOOO looking forward to it. It is like going home. I love Eugene!

Well best get going, the next group comes in soon. This will be the 4th time I have done this exact same lesson. I love the fact that I only teach 1 subject after 2 years of teaching 6, but it can get a bit boring when you have taught in 3 times already!

I think my scale dropped a bit this morning. I have a rotary scale and it's really hard to tell when it goes down. It just sort of moves a little bit and you don't really notice it day to day. I've thought about an electronic but haven't heard anything about good ones that don't cost a hundred bucks! So for now I watch my little dial drop a bit and hope for the best. TGIF!!!!
I have used my same 10.92$ Walmart digital scale for the last 10 years. I have been on the thousand dollar ones at the doc's office and mine is always within 2 pounds. No way I am spending hundreds on a scale:scared2:.

We are going to Bend (the "BIG" city next to us, but I almost have to choke when I say big) so that I can get a good pair of shoes. My shoes are fine for the average going to the gym workout, but they are not good for the amount of miles that I am running on them. Did you see my signature...I have already run 10 miles this week and I have 3 more to run tomorrow!!!

I did not get my grading done last night so I have a CRAP ton to do this weekend. That is alright though since this is the first time I have taken work home in a long time. Our 6 week grading is due on Friday of next week and I am leaving early to head over the mountains to the western part of the state where we are going to visit some friends and I am going to run in the 5K. I am SOOOOOOOO looking forward to it. It is like going home. I love Eugene!

Well best get going, the next group comes in soon. This will be the 4th time I have done this exact same lesson. I love the fact that I only teach 1 subject after 2 years of teaching 6, but it can get a bit boring when you have taught in 3 times already!

I think we spent about $30 on our digital scale a couple of years ago and it is erratic and unreliable and apparently about 5 lb off! This morning it gave me three different weights in a 3 lb range!! I just sort of mentally subtract 2 lb from the best weight it gives me!!

Karri,

You're doing GREAT with the running!!

18_3_110.gif

Enjoy your trip to BEND this weekend!

WOO HOO!! New shoes... one of my favorite things!!

I just got my new mobility scooter....

Smaller, lighter, easier for DH to load in to the car!! Had to have a heavy duty model at my old weight!!

So we're off to Wal-Mart for it's inaugural run!!

Next week I see a new orthopedic surgeon.

Well I did my 6 miles today. It really was hard to get myself motivated to even do it today. I kept thinking 'take the time off. No responsibilities just relax but I made myself go. I felt better once I was finished but I admit that I had to MAKE myself keep going while I was walking because I really wanted to bugg out early today but I thought 'I would be cheating no one but myself and I am not willing to do that to myself. besides DH and I are thinking of going out to eat tonight and I figure I may 'treat' myself a little so I was going to have extra calories so I HAD to exercise. I was literally just to the door opened the door and it started to rain again so I really wanted to just say forget it but I stood there and walked in place for a couple of minutes and then the rain stopped so I went on out. I am really proud of myself because today was REALLY a struggle to get moving but I did it.

Janet I would take the 164 number too. Hell if my scale goes lower than what it has been for any reason I still take the lowest number. :unsure:

Kari I love tenny shopping. I am one who is very picky about my tennis shoes and if they don't 'jump out' at me and I really like them right away then I don't buy them. I have a new pair of Nike Alvord IV or VI (I can't remember off the top of my head) and they are a trail running shoe. This is the third pair of trail running shoes I have bought (all NIKE) and I love them. They are the most comfortable shoes and my feet don't hurt after going for a while.

Well DH is home and getting ready to shower. Guess I better get and discuss tonights plans. Might possibly sneak out and have a few drinks but who knows. I would love to just sit home and veg but he really wants to get out for a while tonight because we rarely do. I am always stressing about the liquid calories so I try to stay away from them. Especially after the last time. 36_19_7.gif 36_1_31.gif Had to much and was REALLY sick for a couple of days. I have no intentions of ever returning to that state. I can't help it if it is the real flu but I don't ever EVER want bottle flu like that again. HOLY MOLY!!! :thumbup:

Hope everyone is having a great Friday and enjoy your night. I will try to check back later.

sig.jsp?pc=ZSzeb098&pp=ZKxdm005YYUS

Steph I forgot I was going to tell you that I bought my scale at Wal Mart for $20.00 and it ways 1 pound lighter than my PCP and my surgeons scale. I love it. I wouldn't pay big money for a scale either. It is digital. It is a health o meter and you can set it to keep track of your loss. Take care

I want to check into getting a total gym. I know Steph that you told us a few pages back the cost and where you ordered. Would you mind sharing that info again for me? Thanks and sorry to have you repeat

Hey Gang

It's my rest night too - I am not exercising - I will go in the morning before my hair appointment at 9 a.m.

Jackie 6 friggin miles - becareful that you don't burn your self out - how long does it take you to walk 6 miles???? My 3 wears me out - but I forget I am old enought to be your Mom too..

Karri - for your running shoes are VERY important - so be prepared to spend the $$$ - they will protect you feet - joints etc..

Phyl - how cool a new scooter :thumbup: well pretty soon you won't need one at all..

Steph - my scale is just a cheapie from target too- I want one that shows like .02 of a pound lost - mine only shows .5

Nothing to report I am hungry though - most likely just thristy cuz I have only had 1 bottle of Water - I better go get a glass to drink while I am setting here on the computer..

CBL

Okay guys can't remember if it was on this one or another one but somebody did pork chops in the crockpot with frozen veg. Anybody body remember the marinade? I bought the stuff to do and can't find the reciepe . Great planning on my part but I am trying to find something new. we have been eating the same stuff and i am getting tired and find myself wanting other stuff. Like tonight I had steak I have not had that in 8 months. Actually fixed it at home and did well with it. So we are going to try pork chops tomorrow if I can find the reciepe.

thanks girls

beth

OH, MY!! I am TIGHT tonight. Only able to eat a few bites of my dinner. Seem to have tightened up some since my fill about 10 days ago. I ate most of my veggies, but DH fixed me a really nice tuna steak and I could only eat a couple of bites. It is kind of dry, but.... Can't get it down. It's funny how I always seem to have a problem with tuna.. fresh or canned! I just sent him to the store for a new bottle of papaya! I didn't realize it, but I think I went through at least 1/2 bottle since my fill last week. Think I need to cut down portion size even more!

Am I the only one not going out tonight????

I might be here all alone!!

OH, MY!! I am TIGHT tonight. Only able to eat a few bites of my dinner. Seem to have tightened up some since my fill about 10 days ago. I ate most of my veggies, but DH fixed me a really nice tuna steak and I could only eat a couple of bites. It is kind of dry, but.... Can't get it down. It's funny how I always seem to have a problem with tuna.. fresh or canned! I just sent him to the store for a new bottle of papaya! I didn't realize it, but I think I went through at least 1/2 bottle since my fill last week. Think I need to cut down portion size even more!

Am I the only one not going out tonight????

I might be here all alone!!

I'm here - this is where I frickin live :w00t: it's my life blood I run around LBT spewing my yadda yadda yadda - especially when I am hungry and want to avoid eating... Watch out the food cop is on patrol:lol: - OMG I am feisty tonight..

I would say that my 2nd fill took about 2 weeks to fully settle... Plus you are under a little stress too.

Are you taking pencil eraser size bites and eating slowly and chewing really super well...

This is what I mean - to me a couple of bites is just not enough - mentally I will still be hungry and physically too - I do have to say even fat my body would crave nutrient foods too.

sig.jsp?pc=ZSzeb113&pp=ZKxdm005YYUS

Edited by IndioGirl55
forgot something

Phyl-I am here. We just went out for supper and came home. It is not a very nice night here so DH and I both decided we would rather just come back home. I am getting ready to take a nice hot shower and watch the boob tube.

Janet-it takes me about an hour and 15 minutes sometimes an hour and a half. Depends on how motivated I am. Today took me an hour and 25 minutes because I had to keep pushing myself to continue on. I am hoping by the end of summer that I will be able to walk 10 miles a day.

Your idea about chasing each other around the house naked was hilarious. No I am not comfortable with the way that I look from my neck to my knees. LOL :tongue2: Although when the lights were out..........:w00t:

We got ALOT (5 1/2 inches) of rain last night after 2 inches the night before. DH had to go to his bosses house this morning and help get Water out of their basement because they flooded so they didn't really go to work (at the shop. he is a mechanic) until almost noon and when they got their they realized that the microwave, computers, phone and etc had been hit by lightening last night. It was really bad here. It has rained a little here and there today but nothing to bad. It was 63 when I was walking earlier today and then about 3pm it started to get windy and cold. It is now 44 degrees and it is supposed to get down to 36 tonight. And then....get this........possibility of fricken snow tomorrow!!!! (excuse my french) I know that we live in Iowa but this weather is absolutely nuts.........even for us!!!!

Just out of curiousity......DH asked me what your alls gas prices are where you live. Ours just went up tonight. We are now at $3.45 and they say possibly up to $4 by the end of next week. If these costs keep going up I really don't know how we will be going on vacations this summer. My DH will be getting senior pictures and son in drivers ed and things like that and all of that really costs. I can honestly say for that fact I am really happy that the kids went to Chicago to enjoy themselves because who knows if we will go much this summer. I just talked to my dad in Missouri and he is supposed to be coming up here in a couple weeks but he told me they are unsure with the fuel prices and him getting into the fields. Anyway just a question DH and I were talking about. Didn't mean to ramble on about all the other.

Karri did you get new shoes?????

Well better go shower. Worried that it is going to start storming again and then there may be lightening so I better hurry. 15_8_5.gif

oh Beth - I was going to answer you - to tell you that i don't know the answer :w00t::lol:

Did you use the search feature and type in pork chops in the food thread??

How about adding a can of Campbell's Healthy Request Soup to it??? Cream of Mushroom or Cream of Chicken...

Phyl-I am here. We just went out for supper and came home. It is not a very nice night here so DH and I both decided we would rather just come back home. I am getting ready to take a nice hot shower and watch the boob tube.

Janet-it takes me about an hour and 15 minutes sometimes an hour and a half. Depends on how motivated I am. Today took me an hour and 25 minutes because I had to keep pushing myself to continue on. I am hoping by the end of summer that I will be able to walk 10 miles a day.

Your idea about chasing each other around the house naked was hilarious. No I am not comfortable with the way that I look from my neck to my knees. LOL :tongue2: Although when the lights were out..........:w00t:

We got ALOT (5 1/2 inches) of rain last night after 2 inches the night before. DH had to go to his bosses house this morning and help get Water out of their basement because they flooded so they didn't really go to work (at the shop. he is a mechanic) until almost noon and when they got their they realized that the microwave, computers, phone and etc had been hit by lightening last night. It was really bad here. It has rained a little here and there today but nothing to bad. It was 63 when I was walking earlier today and then about 3pm it started to get windy and cold. It is now 44 degrees and it is supposed to get down to 36 tonight. And then....get this........possibility of fricken snow tomorrow!!!! (excuse my french) I know that we live in Iowa but this weather is absolutely nuts.........even for us!!!!

Just out of curiousity......DH asked me what your alls gas prices are where you live. Ours just went up tonight. We are now at $3.45 and they say possibly up to $4 by the end of next week. If these costs keep going up I really don't know how we will be going on vacations this summer. My DH will be getting senior pictures and son in drivers ed and things like that and all of that really costs. I can honestly say for that fact I am really happy that the kids went to Chicago to enjoy themselves because who knows if we will go much this summer. I just talked to my dad in Missouri and he is supposed to be coming up here in a couple weeks but he told me they are unsure with the fuel prices and him getting into the fields. Anyway just a question DH and I were talking about. Didn't mean to ramble on about all the other.

Karri did you get new shoes?????

Well better go shower. Worried that it is going to start storming again and then there may be lightening so I better hurry. 15_8_5.gif

Girl you are doing a 10 minute mile - you are almost running - you are in shape 18_3_5.gif

Gas here is like $3.69 to $3.84- but we do have some stations that are $4 :sleep:

I have a Chrysler 300 with a hemi - so you know I am crying the blues - but I can't see getting a smart car - cuz it's so freaking tiny if you hit a cat in the road you most likely would be dead and car totalled..

This weekend is the Coachella Fest - and I bet the Shell up on the exit is over the $4 mark - We are hearing that it's going to be like $5 by the end of the summer...