Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky # Sevens- July 07 Bandsters

Yes, he is coming....unless his construction project at work needs his attention that weekend, but I'm planning on us both coming. We're going to ride the train out. We'll get on in Williston ND so we should plan on looking for you and your DH. We can have a pow wow before the pow wow!!!

It's going to be a nice break from the kids and work for him. He's looking forward to it.:rolleyes2:

If you're arriving on the 25th,

we'll be on the same train!! That'd be great!!

3_2_113.gif

We get on the train on Thursday in Williston (at like 5pm) and ride through the night and arrive Friday morning early. He said we would probably need a taxi to the motel and back. Discussed renting a car but didn't know if we would really use it. We'll see what strikes our fancy when the spirit moves us.

We get on the train on Thursday in Williston (at like 5pm) and ride through the night and arrive Friday morning early. He said we would probably need a taxi to the motel and back. Discussed renting a car but didn't know if we would really use it. We'll see what strikes our fancy when the spirit moves us.

Ha,ha,ha... you girls from the U.S. make me laugh!!!

Don't you ever hear what the weather is doing in Canada??? LOL Oh yeah, I guess its not covered on CNN!!!

Depending on where you live in Canada, the weather is often the same as Upper New York State, Minnesota, Washington .... Personally I live on Georgian Bay which is part of Lake Huron.(Great Lakes) so the temperatures are more moderate than say Northern Ontario or Norther Alberta or Yukon or the North West Territores etc....

I am 2 hrs north of Toronto, which is 2 hours north of Buffalo N.Y. (Phyll you have relatives there right???) So I pretty much have the same weather as them.

But it is weird this spring as we went from having an PILE OF ICE in the front yard(winter accumulation) last week, now several of days of really nice NORMAL weather and the grass is starting to turn green... YEAH... There were even bathers in the Water at the beach yesterday. and Skiers on the Mountain in Collingwood, just across the bay.... strange phenominon eh???

Y'all really should come up and see it sometime.... get your passports!

You just have to stay up a little longer!

It was really quiet here all weekend.

I have a good swimsuit poem... I'll have to find it so I can post it.

That's a good idea...

wonder if I can find some big enough!?

Yeah... that's what I was thinking.....

CANADA... 78-80!!

We just saw snow for the 4th day in a row and it's up to 49 degrees at 1pm.. 15 degrees below normal for this time of year! My youngest sister was complaining because it was 89 degrees in BUFFALO on Saturday!!

So, your weather down there is still not the greatest, huh? I still think I'd rather be down there in the wind than freezing up here!! I want to ride my scooter over to Rite Aid to get a couple of things, and I know I'm going to have to bundle up! Did I mention we saw snow flakes again today?????? Gimmee a break!! This has got to stop!!

Haven't turned on my Wii yet today... TOPS this morning... ooh, yes, check out my ticker.... I finally got past the 75 lb mark! I thought our scale would be more reliable when we got home and it was on more solid and level floor but it's still 4-5 lb heavy. So I guess my official weigh ins will be Monday mornings at TOPS.

The Wii is definitely a lot of fun. I really like the bowling. I need to get better at tennis & baseball. Those are the only three I've tried so far. My DIL says the boxing is a good workout, but she was sore for three days after the first time she did it! DH tried the Golf last night... I want to try that one, too. I checked out the Wii Fit online last night and you can pre-oder it online at either Amazon or Wal-Mart, so I may do that. Trying to decide if I can actually do all that stuff, though. Balance seems key for that one and my balance sucks! I'm seeing an orthopedic surgeon next week and hoping maybe he'll do surgery on the left one. That would help a lot!

Steph, is your DH serious about coming to the m of a?? Did someone else say theirs was coming??

oh sheesh, Phyl this is wear I meant the post to appear :tongue_smilie:

We're definitely on the same train then...

ours gets in early Friday morning, too. Maybe we can get share a van/cab from the Amtrak station to the motel. I figured we wouldn't need a rental car once we get to the motel. I'm bringing my scooter... getting a new light weight one that disassembles easily... and motel is close enough to the mall to get back and forth. We leave early Monday morning headed for Chicago and then on to Buffalo.

Ha,ha,ha... you girls from the U.S. make me laugh!!!

Don't you ever hear what the weather is doing in Canada??? LOL Oh yeah, I guess its not covered on CNN!!!

Depending on where you live in Canada, the weather is often the same as Upper New York State, Minnesota, Washington .... Personally I live on Georgian Bay which is part of Lake Huron.(Great Lakes) so the temperatures are more moderate than say Northern Ontario or Norther Alberta or Yukon or the North West Territores etc....

I am 2 hrs north of Toronto, which is 2 hours north of Buffalo N.Y. (Phyll you have relatives there right???) So I pretty much have the same weather as them.

But it is weird this spring as we went from having an PILE OF ICE in the front yard(winter accumulation) last week, now several of days of really nice NORMAL weather and the grass is starting to turn green... YEAH... There were even bathers in the Water at the beach yesterday. and Skiers on the Mountain in Collingwood, just across the bay.... strange phenominon eh???

Y'all really should come up and see it sometime.... get your passports!

Well, I think I'm just going to stay inside the condo because it seems like every time I stick my nose out the door it starts snowing again!! I took my ride over to Rite Aid and Albertson's and it started snowing as soon as I got outside! I came back in and now the sky is all nice and blue and the sun is shining.. it's still only 49 degrees though!

Do you know where Peterboro is?? I guess that's a dumb question... you're a Canadian living in Ontario. The summer after I graduated HS, I spent the summer at a fishing lodge north of there... I don't know if it is even still there and I don't remember the name of the lake or anything, but it was Aragain Lodge (Niagara spelled backwards!). It was a lovely spot, we had a great summer... all teenagers, we worked our butts off 24/7 just about, but we had a blast. Don't know how my friend and I lost touch with the Canadian kids we worked with.. they were great. I was 17 & this French kid named Pierre (of course) who was only 14 yrs old had this huge crush on my chubby self. He was a kick, but I found him a little annoying because he was wanting to hang on me all the time! He actually showed up at my door looking for me about a year after I got married!! Now I can't remember his last name or I'd look him up just for the heck of it!! :tongue_smilie::tt1::thumbup:

36_21_4.gif

Well, I think I'm just going to stay inside the condo because it seems like every time I stick my nose out the door it starts snowing again!! I took my ride over to Rite Aid and Albertson's and it started snowing as soon as I got outside! I came back in and now the sky is all nice and blue and the sun is shining.. it's still only 49 degrees though!

Do you know where Peterboro is?? I guess that's a dumb question... you're a Canadian living in Ontario. The summer after I graduated HS, I spent the summer at a fishing lodge north of there... I don't know if it is even still there and I don't remember the name of the lake or anything, but it was Aragain Lodge (Niagara spelled backwards!). It was a lovely spot, we had a great summer... all teenagers, we worked our butts off 24/7 just about, but we had a blast. Don't know how my friend and I lost touch with the Canadian kids we worked with.. they were great. I was 17 & this French kid named Pierre (of course) who was only 14 yrs old had this huge crush on my chubby self. He was a kick, but I found him a little annoying because he was wanting to hang on me all the time! He actually showed up at my door looking for me about a year after I got married!! Now I can't remember his last name or I'd look him up just for the heck of it!! :thumbup::tt1::frown:

36_21_4.gif

Yes, Phyl I do know where Peterborough is... My Late MIL was from there and we used to visit there all the time. Peterborough is about a 5 hour drive from where I live. Its in the more eastern part of Ontario. I am in Central Ontario.

I read you are coming to Buffalo is that right? When ? and how long will you be there???

:tongue_smilie:

Oh I need a brick upside the head.... Congrats on your 75.5 lbs. WOW I just loved your picture too!!

Rock on

Yes, Phyl I do know where Peterborough is... My Late MIL was from there and we used to visit there all the time. Peterborough is about a 5 hour drive from where I live. Its in the more eastern part of Ontario. I am in Central Ontario.

I read you are coming to Buffalo is that right? When ? and how long will you be there???

:tongue_smilie:

Oh I need a brick upside the head.... Congrats on your 75.5 lbs. WOW I just loved your picture too!!

Rock on

Thanks for the compliment.

Not crazy about the photo, but it's okay.

Clothes are so big and baggy.

I think that lake might have been named Long Lake...

I remember it was fairly narrow and very long. Occasionally they'd let us take one of the motor boats out and we never made it even 1/2 way down the lake because it was huge. We had a canoe we used all the time, and sometimes we could take row boats out. But we didn't have very much free time. Usually an hour or so after lunch... if we finished all our cleaning in the morning, and a few hours at night. It was a beautiful spot.. quiet and isolated. People would come and spend a week at a time at the lodge. There were about 10-12 cabins and 5 motel units and we had to serve all the meals and clean the cabins in between every day and change all the sheets in every cabin and motel unit on Saturdays to get ready for the new crowd coming in. And I think we got paid something like $50 a MONTH plus tips for July and August. I think I ended up with something like $350 for the whole summer!! I remember that I lost 15-20 lb because we worked VERY hard!! Kids these days would die before they'd take a job like that!! Well, enough of this off-topic reminiscing!!

We'll be in Buffalo from July 29 until I think Aug. 10.

bummer, I just Mapquested LONG LAKE,,, humm.. could it have been RICE Lake???

Peaches and Phyl I have been to Peterborough!!! I met a couple of people on line and one of my friends and I went there back in 2000. OMG it was awsome!! It is about 1300 miles away for us. I loved it!! We didn't have an agenda (I think I told you all about this trip before so I won't go into detail) and we just came and went as we felt and did what we wanted when the mood struck. Oh my it was awsome!!! Beautiful country.

Steph-you are right I prob won't be able to just lay around. I always gotta be on the move it seems. Wow what a change from where I was before!! Went to my doc today. The PA called in so I seen my surgeon himself. That is the first for me since banding!! He was sooo impressed. He looked at the picture that the office took of me the week before my surgery and then he looked at me and said 'you have become a whole new person. You carry yourself with so much confidence and are so much more outgoing and happy.' I thanked him over and over and told him how much my life has changed and my habits have changed. I told him that I walk mostly EVERYDAY and if I miss a day in the week I make sure I still get 10,000 steps in and still feel guilty about missing. He was impressed and told me that I was doing exactly what I need to be doing and not to get to frustrated with the plateau. I asked for a little fill on Wednesday to see if that would jump start things again and we set up the appointment.

I walked 6 miles straight on Saturday and then I walked 4 on Sunday. Tonight I decided that if I could walk 6 on Saturday I could do it again tonight so I walked 6 miles again. I just can not believe it. When I started this journey I would walk 2 miles and I had to take short breaks during the 2 miles and I walked slow and was soooooo out of breathe. Now I go at a vigorous step and I don't even get out of breathe. OMG:w00t: IS THAT REALLY ME!!!!!! I am so happy tonight. :tongue_smilie:

Well I better get. I want to vacuum my car out before it gets dark. Yes I clean my car like I clean my house. :thumbup: I hate sand being on my floor boards and dust on a dash so I clean my car 2 times a week and vacuum it in between if I need to. HAHA I know..............OCD!!!!!!!!

I just got back from my 3 mile run.:sad: Okay it is tougher outside than it is on the treadmill. On the treadmill you have to make a concious effort to slow down the speed to a walk. Outside it is sheer will power. I read some place that a marathon is a test of the mind not the body. :sad: I AGREE!!!! I made it, and I didn't do too bad considering that I was in a panic on the entire second half of the run. I run what is called the Dry Canyon. It is 1.5 miles each strech and when I got to the turn around I went to check my stopwatch that was in my pocket to see my time. Well my car key was SUPPOSED to be attached to that watch and it wasn't!:tongue_smilie::scared2::thumbup: So I had to run back not knowing where I had dropped the key, whether my car would even be there when I got back, and freaking out how I was going to get in my house! I only live about a mile from the canyon, but I had locked the rest of my keys in the car and just took my car key with me!:sad::eek::sad: Then I remembered that there was this very polite elderly woman who told me to go ahead of her because she didn't want her to slow me down and so I had quickly shoved the stopwatch in my pocket. I figured that the key disattached at that point and that it was probably on the ground at the beginning of the trail...WHICH IS ON A VERY BUSY ROAD NEXT TO A SKATE PARK. :frown: I remembered this encounter about a quarter of the way back and I don't know whether to be relieved because I know where it most likely fell out of my pocket, or panicked because who knows who could have picked up the key and driven off with my wallet, car keys...and oh yeah MY CAR!

Well panicking doesn't do much for the heart rate and breathing...both of which you are supposed to keep even. I was swearing, on the verge of tears and FRUSTRATED! But I made my 3 miles AND found my car key:biggrin2: right where I figured it had to be. So now I have to figure out a different way to attach that dang key to the stop watch because I don't want to go through that again. I seriously ran 1.5 miles looking down at the ground for the key. Hunched over is not good for the breathing.

So my first training day was certainly memorable. It can only get better from here! Well until the day that I have to force myself to run 12 miles on my own. The 13.1 miles on race day will be easier because you will have the adrenaline of the people cheering you on. But training...never fun.

Also I have decided that I am going to start a blog. I have my begining of the plastic surgery saga on there, so I think I am going to add to that my marathon training. Could be fun. For you guys it won't be as interesting because I tell y'all everything anyways, but it should be fun for my non-LBT friends. I'll let you know when it is up and running.

Well off to eat my fruit and granola so I can get my carbs and calories in for the day!

Talk to you all later!

I JUST LOST MY FRIGGING POST :tongue_smilie::cursing::thumbup::cursing:

OMW you all have been busy - i read the post a couple of times today but didn't post cuz I was busy - Now it's going to take me all night :sad:

Karri -

I am still fat in my head - I want someone to point out that I look like that person over there.. I still miss eating stuff to a degree - but I know if I do - I won't look like I do - and I really love looking at my self clothed in the mirror..I just don't concentrate on my bad parts to much. I really don't like the saying nothing taste as good as thin feels - cuz I used it before and still put the weight back on - those 5 lbs at a time.. But I agree it is a true statement..

Steph - QVC here we come.... The husbands will be busy with each other - and you can stash your bags in my room :frown:

Peaches - Multi Quotes

Hit the multi quote under Jackie's post - then hit the multi quote button under karris post then hit quote under my post

Your reply box will open and look sorta like this

(salas877 quote - I like to run - i almost lost my keys - I love my DH,

I ate my carbs tonight but now I am gassy (quote)

Karri - this is peaches post to your post

(Jacki59 quote - I have OCD - I clean my house 10 times a day and clean my car 2 times aday - (quote)

Jackie - this is peaches post to your post

(Indiogirl quote - This is how you doa multi quote Candice (quote)

Indio - this is peaches post to your post

Then you go up between the post - and type your reply - I have done it in red

Phyl can you give better instructions than me - I am alway better showing - that telling...

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok - Business to attend to

1ST ON THE AGENDA

LUCKY#7 BAND ANNIVERSARY SECRET GIFT EXCHANGE -

So far I have Karri - Ruby - Jackie- Kristin - Me - Phyl - if you want to participate - p.m. me your address - I will put names in a hat and pull as to who get's who - I will do it alphabetical - Janet - pull name Jackie pull name - Karri - pull name Phyl pull name etc. - I think we agreed on $20 - $25 - and some wanted ideas as to what you like -

2ND ON THE AGENDA

MALL OF AMERICA

This is who I have going Linda - Peaches - Phyl - Steph - Jackie - Me

Maybe Kari - Mango?? I know Karri & Kristin aren't. Chim booked a room but she hasn't been back..

Are we for sure that the above people are going - I know that Steph & Phyl have already made train reservation....

Jackie what's son driving ed schedule - Linda & Peaches are you still coming?? Kari - Husbands are coming too (Phyls - Jackie's - Steph) so he can drive you and have other men to bitch about being dragged on this trip and all the $$ we are spending :sad:

Ok - that's it for the business - Let me know what's up gang..

--------------------------------------------------------------

Well today was trainer day - got to the gym early did a mile at 3.2 speed 4 incline then 6 incline 2.5 for almost 1/2 . Today was arms - I felt really strong today and we really pushed it - I think I am going to be sore.

I felt really re-motivated when I left the gym - I know this whole new life style is great and fantastic - but sometime the old life style was so much easier e_1_44.gif- i didn't have to plan - I could eat as much as I wanted to - but a good work out can just re-motivate you

Just like Jackie said - 9 months ago I could barely do a mile on a level surface - now I am doing 3 on inclines of 4 to 6...

Oh Jackie - My trainer says that when you hit a plateau you gotta mix up how you eat - so if you are eating carbs for dinned - change them to eat at lunch and have lean Protein & veggies for dinner...

Ok it's 8:11 - I am hungry - I know I miss some of you - I think - tomorrow I am not going to wait til night to post - heck this has taken 1/2 hour to type.. Hope it makes sense :sad:

sig.jsp?pc=ZSzeb097&pp=ZKxdm005YYUS

bummer, I just Mapquested LONG LAKE,,, humm.. could it have been RICE Lake???

Candice,

Do you believe this???? I tried googling Ontario lakes, etc., and then I tried "Aragain Lodge" and it's STILL THERE!!! It was the summer of 1961 that I worked there!! Doesn't look like too much has changed!! Check it out!

Aragain Lodge

I'm really excited.. I'd love to go back there sometime! Apparently it's not close to Peterborough at all!!

What can I say... it was 47 years ago!!!

Distances to Aragain Lodge from:

Thousand Islands (Ivy Lea Bridge)98 miles 157.7 km

Toronto 177 miles

284.8 km

Buffalo, N.Y.

289 miles

465.1 km

Harrisburg, PA

440 miles

708 km

Cleveland, Ohio

480 miles

772.4 km

Sorry..... I think I just blew up the page!!!

Edited by phyllser
error

So now I have to figure out a different way to attach that dang key to the stop watch because I don't want to go through that again. I seriously ran 1.5 miles looking down at the ground for the key. Hunched over is not good for the breathing.

Also I have decided that I am going to start a blog. I have my begining of the plastic surgery saga on there, so I think I am going to add to that my marathon training. Could be fun. For you guys it won't be as interesting because I tell y'all everything anyways, but it should be fun for my non-LBT friends. I'll let you know when it is up and running.

Can you get one of those neck thingys and clip it on there and wear it around your neck???

We'll enjoy following your blog!