Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky # Sevens- July 07 Bandsters

Thanks you guys - It was a hard way to get there (this last week 4.5 lbs) but I will take it :hurray:. Once I get to 160 omg only 20 lbs to go - I may change it to 145 - I would like to have a healthy bmi and not to be considered overweight. But will see - the lastest Self magazine talks about a Happy Weight one that is maintainable even if it's a little over what is considered normal bmi... So that's what I am looking for - and till I get there and see what it's like to maintain that weight - I won't know - so in typing this I am keeping 160 - I think that just maybe my happy weight... One day at a time - one pound at at a time - our goal is to be healthy first and look good secondly..

Yep Phyl it's cool out there - but I will take it - cuz those 110 days are around the corner :tongue: - but don't know if I want to get in a pool - i bet it's hard getting out of it :biggrin:

our goal is to be healthy first and look good secondly..

I couldn't agree more. I'm certainly more healthy than I was 6 months ago. I feel better physically and mentally even though I know I still have a ways to go with both.

So I've been struggling for a few weeks with a fill decision. My weight since I got my breast surgery in mid-November has only gone down 5 lbs. You all know I was dealing with an infection and eventual removal of one of my implants. Well that's going to be re-installed in early March. So I've been going back and forth between 193 and 199 since then. I called early Jan when it was up at 199 wanting a fill, but my doc was full for his Friday appointments and then was going on vacation for 2 weeks so she said to call back at the end of Jan to book one if I thought it necessary.

I don't know if it is. And I don't want to be dealing with a fill that may be too tight close to my next breast surgery. So the question is, do I wait until I have the surgery or should I try to get in for a fill within the next 2 weeks to give myself time to adjust to a fill that may or may not be a problem?

It's been difficult because I've watched Janet and Karri suffer through their too tight fills. With my last fill I was tight in the beginning and couldn't sleep through the night because I'd wake up choking on my saliva. :biggrin: That only lasted 2 or 3 days, but still it was awful. I don't want to be too tight that I can enjoy a small serving of food. I don't overeat now, but at times I can eat more than a cup of food. At night, that is. In the morning and until about 3pm I have good restriction. Good in that I can get fluids down and not be able to eat anything more solid than yoghurt, Jello or a banana. I'm fine with that part. But the afternoons and evenings can be like a floodgate opening up if I'm not really strict on myself. Sometimes I lose that battle. Last night I had 2 slices of meatloaf. I know I could have done without the second slice, but it tasted so good and I could keep it down. :tongue:

I only have to exercise today to make my target of 20/20 for the month. I enjoy my morning exercises. Am I doing enough though? Typically it's 30 minutes on the treadmill Mon-Fri unless I have an early morning appointment. I've had a couple of elliptical sessions of 30 minutes as well. The first almost killed me :frown:, the second was more bearable. Just. :hurray:

Any suggestions from you all would be much appreciated. I'm not asking you to make a decision for me, but I'd like to know what you'd do in my situation. What changes would you make? Diet, exercise, fill.... any and all.

I couldn't agree more. I'm certainly more healthy than I was 6 months ago. I feel better physically and mentally even though I know I still have a ways to go with both.

So I've been struggling for a few weeks with a fill decision. My weight since I got my breast surgery in mid-November has only gone down 5 lbs. You all know I was dealing with an infection and eventual removal of one of my implants. Well that's going to be re-installed in early March. So I've been going back and forth between 193 and 199 since then. I called early Jan when it was up at 199 wanting a fill, but my doc was full for his Friday appointments and then was going on vacation for 2 weeks so she said to call back at the end of Jan to book one if I thought it necessary.

I don't know if it is. And I don't want to be dealing with a fill that may be too tight close to my next breast surgery. So the question is, do I wait until I have the surgery or should I try to get in for a fill within the next 2 weeks to give myself time to adjust to a fill that may or may not be a problem?

It's been difficult because I've watched Janet and Karri suffer through their too tight fills. With my last fill I was tight in the beginning and couldn't sleep through the night because I'd wake up choking on my saliva. :biggrin: That only lasted 2 or 3 days, but still it was awful. I don't want to be too tight that I can enjoy a small serving of food. I don't overeat now, but at times I can eat more than a cup of food. At night, that is. In the morning and until about 3pm I have good restriction. Good in that I can get fluids down and not be able to eat anything more solid than yoghurt, Jello or a banana. I'm fine with that part. But the afternoons and evenings can be like a floodgate opening up if I'm not really strict on myself. Sometimes I lose that battle. Last night I had 2 slices of meatloaf. I know I could have done without the second slice, but it tasted so good and I could keep it down. :tongue:

I only have to exercise today to make my target of 20/20 for the month. I enjoy my morning exercises. Am I doing enough though? Typically it's 30 minutes on the treadmill Mon-Fri unless I have an early morning appointment. I've had a couple of elliptical sessions of 30 minutes as well. The first almost killed me :frown:, the second was more bearable. Just. :hurray:

Any suggestions from you all would be much appreciated. I'm not asking you to make a decision for me, but I'd like to know what you'd do in my situation. What changes would you make? Diet, exercise, fill.... any and all.

Ruby - If you got 2 pieces of meat loaf down last night I would say get a little fill - even if's only .02 of a cc. I TOTALLY understand the taste good aspect of eating - that is how I got fat - I love the taste I would keep eating after I was full - and I can and still do it now a days - you all know how it is - one more bite - then before you know it that was one bite too many.. I haven't found that I am tighter at any one part of the day. But as you all know nights are always the problem for me. Instead of having that 2nd piece of meatloaf - have more veggies - I know it's not the same - but it satisfying the eating urge with less calories - Keep healthy low calorie foods around for your snack attacks - but the food up immediately after you have eaten - this does help some out of sight out of mind (I said sometimes cuz if you know it's there and you really want it you go pick) - how many calories are you eating and are you getting your Water in - I would increase your exercise by 15 min - how many miles are you getting in at 30 minutes? Do you keep it level or do an incline - I can't do the elliptical (sp) so I stick with my walking - maybe one day

You might want to get it before - so you give it a chance to settle prior to your surgery - I don't really know - since this last over fill - I am only going to get tiny ones - and if I need to go back sooner so be it - but no more aggressive fills - I think just the psychology of getting a fill even if it's .02 is enough to get you back in band mode.

Good Luck – to bad we don’t have the key to our bands so that at night we could lock it up and hide the key till the morning – then open it so you could eat Breakfast & lunch..

Ummmmm....my scale is moving in the wrong direction. First it stopped and I haven't lost anything since 2 days after my unfill, but now it has gone up a pound. It has to be muscle mass, but I really wanted to lose 75 pounds by my 6 month bandiversay which is in 10 days. I don't know if I am not eating enough with the new increase in exercise, but I have found that lately I am hungry in between meals. I woke up hungry this morning. usually when that happens I just drink something and will be fine. However, today that just didn't cut it. I ate at 6:30 and I just had to have a Protein Bar at 9:30 cause I thought I was going to die. I know we are not supposed to snack between meals, but when I get lighthead and feel like I am going to throw up I think that constitues real hunger, not head hunger. I didn't want to eat because I was in the middle of class, but jeez. I actually still feel really light headed. This is why sometimes I think I need to go to a nutritionist. I really don't remember what mine said about calories. I am eating about 900-1000 a day and working off between 400-700 in exercise a day. I am pretty sure that I am losing size as my size 12 jeans are getting a bit loose and are starting to slide off a bit. I can pull them off and on without unbuttoning them so that is usually a good sign that they are getting loose. I don't like tight clothes so I will stick with these for a while, but at some point I am going to have to go to the store and see if the 10 fits. In all honesty, that was my goal size, but I thought I would be smaller than I am when I got to a size 10. I am still having body size distortion issues so now I have no idea what my goal would be. I am pretty big in the chest area so shirt sizes will always be distorted for me. I had planned to to go the bigger town next to us this weekend and get some of the Spanx type undergarments at Target (apparently they have a cheaper brand that is just as good), but we just got socked with a new winter blast so that is a no go. Maybe next weekend!

Okay gotta get back to grading. I swear I am going to take all of next week off from grading. I say that but then I would be so swamped I woulnd't recover until spring break!

Ruby - If you got 2 pieces of meat loaf down last night I would say get a little fill - even if's only .02 of a cc. I TOTALLY understand the taste good aspect of eating - that is how I got fat - I love the taste I would keep eating after I was full - and I can and still do it now a days - you all know how it is - one more bite - then before you know it that was one bite too many.. I haven't found that I am tighter at any one part of the day. But as you all know nights are always the problem for me. Instead of having that 2nd piece of meatloaf - have more veggies - I know it's not the same - but it satisfying the eating urge with less calories - Keep healthy low calorie foods around for your snack attacks - but the food up immediately after you have eaten - this does help some out of sight out of mind (I said sometimes cuz if you know it's there and you really want it you go pick) - how many calories are you eating and are you getting your Water in - I would increase your exercise by 15 min - how many miles are you getting in at 30 minutes? Do you keep it level or do an incline - I can't do the elliptical (sp) so I stick with my walking - maybe one day

You might want to get it before - so you give it a chance to settle prior to your surgery - I don't really know - since this last over fill - I am only going to get tiny ones - and if I need to go back sooner so be it - but no more aggressive fills - I think just the psychology of getting a fill even if it's .02 is enough to get you back in band mode.

Good Luck – to bad we don’t have the key to our bands so that at night we could lock it up and hide the key till the morning – then open it so you could eat breakfast & lunch..

Oh my, you guys nailed me. Like the taste. Can't stop eating cause you are enjoying the taste. THAT'S ME. Yep, that's me. That is why after pedaling an hour every morning, I get back on at night and pedal another hour. I generally burn up about 1200 calories. Well, tomorrow is fill day for me. Just going to get it tweaked a little bit. I've been spending a lot of time in the bathroom lately, sliming. But still not a lot of restriction. I mean, I get full but I like the taste too much. Anyway, since it is the first of the month tomorrow, I'll be tatalling my miles pedaled to see if I am getting close to Cancun.

Wish me luck, My husband just walked in the door. He is officially now RETIRED. Oh dear, hope I live through it. well, got to go get dressed. Can't have him thinking I am a lazy thing.

Karri

I would say you may not be eating enought - Also my doc allows heathly Snacks and even most eating plans allow snacks - Have you ever done weight watchers - I know you are a Adtkins girl - but I think WW is a well balanced eating plan - and you can modify it to your more Protein lifestyle.

Also I find that when I increase my calories - the next day the scales move downwards faster. When I was on Jenny Craig - one day your calories were 1000 - then the next day 1200 - you might want to try that and you need the energy for all that exercising your are doing - you need to fuel your body and that's what food is for us now a days - fuel not our addiction...

Oh my, you guys nailed me. Like the taste. Can't stop eating cause you are enjoying the taste. THAT'S ME. Yep, that's me.

Wish me luck, My husband just walked in the door. He is officially now RETIRED. Oh dear, hope I live through it. well, got to go get dressed. Can't have him thinking I am a lazy thing.

Kari - See thats why I say we are all alike - we think we are the only ones who have this problem we aren't... We are not alone in this battle of the buldge.

Good luck on DH home 24/7 :biggrin:

Thanks for replying Janet. I knew my angel would have some good advice. :frown: I just tried to call my doc now to make an appt to get a small fill. But they're closed for lunch for the next half hour. :eek: I'll kill some time until then and get right on it. I don't want to much. I have 2.5 in a 4cc band, so I'll see what they suggest.

A lot of the time I can keep this taste demon at bay. :frown: I just couldn't stop myself last night. At least I was good enough not to have dessert. I made some for hubby and son and had a lite hot chocolate to give myself some kind of dessert fix. I should've done the same with the meatloaf!!!

On the treadmill I have the speed at 3.9 on an incline of 5 and after 30 minutes my distance is 2.07 miles. I can't really go any faster without running, and I don't like my saggy bits jiggling all over the place :frown: It hurts, so I avoid it. That's why I've tried the elliptical. It's more of a workout but good gracious it's hard! Ideally I'd like to do that more often, but I know that if it becomes more of a chore I won't look forward to it like I do the treadmill. I don't want to give myself a chance to find an excuse for not exercising. So maybe I need to start off slow and replace one treadmill session a week with elliptical and slowly graduate more from there.

I know I've been slacking off with my Water. Bad girl. I've started reaching more for this nice Mango Lemonade I found. Sometimes that's all I'll have for breakfast. It's got 120 calories, and 30g of sugar for every 8oz serving, but I have half water and half juice because it's just far too sweet. However it's really nice and I've found that I'll reach for that during the day when I've been hungry or thirsty when I should be going for the water instead.

I don't have anymore junkfood in my house. Unless you consider those 100 calorie snack packs junk. I'm very strict with those though and will only allow myself one per day if I need to get through a hungry stage. Otherwise my Snacks are either a yoghurt, a banana or melon, a fruit cup or fish crackers (about 12).

So maybe it's just a little tweak here and there that I need to get back on track and stay there. Thank you so much Janet for getting my head working in the right direction again. It's so much easier to spot possible areas of improvement when someone else points them out to you. :cool2:

Thanks for replying Janet. I knew my angel would have some good advice. :frown:

On the treadmill I have the speed at 3.9 on an incline of 5 and after 30 minutes my distance is 2.07 miles. I can't really go any faster without running, and I don't like my saggy bits jiggling all over the place :frown: It hurts, so I avoid it. That's why I've tried the elliptical. It's more of a workout but good gracious it's hard! Ideally I'd like to do that more often, but I know that if it becomes more of a chore I won't look forward to it like I do the treadmill. I don't want to give myself a chance to find an excuse for not exercising. So maybe I need to start off slow and replace one treadmill session a week with elliptical and slowly graduate more from there.

So maybe it's just a little tweak here and there that I need to get back on track and stay there. Thank you so much Janet for getting my head working in the right direction again. It's so much easier to spot possible areas of improvement when someone else points them out to you. :eek:

Ruby - You are welcome - That's what we are here for - but I would get rid of the Mango whatever juice - you just don't need those liquid calories - If you have to have taste - Crystal Lite... I found some stuff called fusion – haven’t tried it yet..

On the exercise - I will give you a bit of advice that my Uncle Charles gave me - Slow down relax - don't make working out a chore - I was pushing myself so hard to get to the 15 minute mile - that I was wearing myself out - and you will notice I hardly brag about 4 miles anymore. My little suggestion on exercise - so it down some so that you can extend how many miles you can do - I warm up one song 3.2 level - then move up to 1 incline @ 3.5 then 3.6 - 3.7 and when a really good song like Power - or Le Freak comes on I push it to 3.9 or 4.0 for that song and then go back down to 3.7 - and then I will increase my incline to 4 and slow it down and walk to a slower song that's on my ipod. There are 2 trains of thought on this exercise thing - #1 length of time vs #2 intensity = well what the hell the difference as long as you are enjoying it you will do it longer the longer you do it the more calories you burn – it won’t become a chore cuz once it does you are going to quite – so I just do my little 3 miles and if I need to do a 18 or 17 min mile I will – if I feel strong I go for the 16 and if I am really pushing it 15 – I rock out with my Ipod – I most likely look silly – but who cares – I am enjoying myself and getting the job done

So my advice slow down – enjoy yourself and walk or elipical a little longer…

Karri

I would say you may not be eating enought - Also my doc allows heathly Snacks and even most eating plans allow snacks - Have you ever done weight watchers - I know you are a Adtkins girl - but I think WW is a well balanced eating plan - and you can modify it to your more Protein lifestyle.

Also I find that when I increase my calories - the next day the scales move downwards faster. When I was on Jenny Craig - one day your calories were 1000 - then the next day 1200 - you might want to try that and you need the energy for all that exercising your are doing - you need to fuel your body and that's what food is for us now a days - fuel not our addiction...

I have never done weight watchers or Jenny Craig. All my diets were my own concoction or strict Atkins. I know I am eating too many carbs right now. It is good to know that i will be able to eat more of them when I get to maintenance and not gain weight, but right now when I am still losing I do have to keep them low. The reason I am eating more carbs is because I am still tight in the mornings so I have to eat softer foods which includes oatmeal and cream of wheat. This morning I did have some noodle-less lasagna so that was certainly lower in carbs and I am finally to the point that I am not starving. Good thing too because I am out of food!!! Okay well we do have donuts that are right behind my classroom but I am not going there! We are going to have some beef stew for dinner so assuming that I can get the beef down that sounds really good for me. I am going to go home from work however and take a nap. I am exhausted today and I have a raging headache. I have to go to the gym sometime tonight but I will do that after my nap. My goal for next month's exercise is going to be in hours. I think that 30 hours a month for exercising is a reasonable goal that I can maintain for life. That way if I miss one day I can make up for it over the next few.

Well lunch is over and I have kids streaming in.

Later.

Thanks Janet. And you too Karri. I think I'll take your lead and change my exercise goal for Feb also. I'm not sure yet if I want to do time or distance. I'll think on it a little longer.... If I use time as a goal I can go a little slower like Janet suggested but still have a good goal if the numbers are high enough. If I go for distance it will also give me an incentive to strive for something.

This month if you take into account that each workout I would output 2 miles per session, that would give me a distance of 40 miles or a time goal of 10 hours. So I could set a distance goal of 50 miles to try and increase that way, or go for 13-15 hours the other way.

Maybe I'll keep track of both for a while to see how I'm going. There are only 28 days in Feb. Might be a little tougher.

Btw, I called and managed to get a fill appt for tomorrow at 1:45, so I'm a happy camper again. I hope. :frown:

Weather reports says 8-12 inches of snow through tomorrow afternoon. Don't know if I will be able to get my fill and official weigh-in tomorrow. And Darn..........I am ready. I plucked my eyebrows and those stray eyebrows on the chin....shaved my pits and legs, exfollieated, cut my toenails and fingernails. And I will have to do it all over again if we are snowed in.

Okay Ladies....................I was just kidding. I used to have a cartoon on my fridge of this fat lady telling her doctor she did all those things so she would weigh less. I just couldn't resist a little funny.:party: LOL

Ok Where is everyone - I thought we were suppose to be having a party.. I was told that Phyl bringing the wine - Peaches bringing the cake....

I am ready - can't friggin eat - so guess what my bday dinner is going to be...

It's really bad - I mean really bad - I might change my mind - but I have fried the bacon added the flour - all I need is the milk and potatoes - that's right my most favorite comfort food - cream (white) gravy over soupy mashed potatoes (usually rice but don't dare try rice right now),...

But I got on the scale when I got home and it said 180.5 - that's 69.50 lbs gone in 6 and 1 1/2 weeks - do I really want to mess with that. But nothing is offical until Thursday my weigh in day...

I pickup up my new glasses after work today - I can't read with out readers and have a very slight distant problem - well they are progressive lens - omg I have a headach and have to keep moving my head to keep things in focus. I don't know if I am going to get use to them - well - I wear them to work and see how they are on that computer - I am so use to seeing the whole picture with my readers - with these it's just a couple of sentences and not the whole text without moving my head all around to focus.. I am dizzy - ya it's ok call me a dizzy blond... cuz right now I am - sort of sick to my tummy..

Well, since i wrote down my menu - I am feeling bad about it - come on now Janet - Cream Gravy - I have had 290 calories today - 3/4 pt drink and almost 1 c of Soup for lunch (a gf took me to lunch and called me nicole richie and said she got off easy) - that's 710 calories left - Tatoes - 200 - gravey 300 max and 1/4 cup cake - 140 - oh ya - Kari said calories don't count today..

so I guess I will have my 1/2 cup tatoes & gravey for dinner and 1/4 of a cupcake ...

My GS came home and gave me a beautiful card... It made me cry - and one of my insured's - called and wished me happy bday - I told him that was so sweet - we have a great relationship (he loves my voice on the phone - he says I have a 900 # kind of voice:redface:) and we have never met in person - it keeps the mystery - he has a gf - it's not like that but was soo sweet for him to call and i don't know how he knew today was my b-day - I have his info since I write his insurance and I always send him a happy bday email or call..

Well, that's been my day so far ... it's 7:20 - going to go fix me something to eat - i guess - feeling pretty bad about my choice right now - may just can the whole gravy thing...

Will ck back in a bit..

But really gang - thanks for all the birthday wishes - The really meant alot to me today... I Love you all.....

Sorry, I ate the cake.... all by myself :party:

Kari - That was funny!!!!!!

When I read the first post, I was thinking wow that's excessive, I just got a fill today and the nurse didn't see all those areas.