Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky # Sevens- July 07 Bandsters

I never pb'd when I was so tight. I just had incredible pain. I am pouting for you! It is amazing to me that some people are as tight as you are and keep going back for more because they are hungry. I want to shake them and tell them that the reason they are hungry is not because they are too loose, but rather because they are too tight. I am way looser than I was before, but even now the dang thing is so tight in the morning that it is hard for me to find foods that will keep me full for the 4-5 hours that I have to wait between meals and not cause me pain. Yogurt just doesn't cut it.

Okay well back to Biggest Loser...this show is ticking me off. The stupid little games they play. I know for those people who don't understand what it is like to be overweight it is the only thing that would keep them watching. But I still don't have to like it. Nighty night

Karri

I have pb'd a few times- heck yesterday after a sallow of Water I was sliming - one good thing is that my eyes aren't swollen in the morning.. After I pb i usually don't try again for a while - got up mid of nite and ate top of cup cake - 3/4 of it i think - then i said stupid you are tight you are now going to get sick - but thank God I didn't -

Biggest Loser - I tivo'd it watched a tad this morning - I don't like the yellow team cuz they voted off the pink team and I related to the mom :biggrin: - they were working hard - but stopped when they were about to pick the new teams - will watch tonite - Oh ya my fav show Lost is coming back - can't wait.

Thanks for pouting with me :party: - but you know like I always say - It' not about the food - gotta pratice with I preach... My Son finally showed up and brought me a nice card - that's something I did right with him - he does look and read cards and picks the best one for the person... He always gets me cards that are meaningfull and makes me cry... I am such a big sentimental baby...

Janet - Sorry I'm late....time difference here ya know!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Yes, I'm here at the party! Brought all sorts of things (leftovers from a potluck that we had tonight - the theme was "game meat"). So we have:

Sweet and Sour Musk Ox (was WAY good!)

Moose meat spaghetti (that was me)

Dried fish strips (my kid loves 'em)

Seal meat chunks over rice (not the favorite, but gotta try it once)

Sauted goose meat with onions (pretty good)

Moose steaks

Baked salmon

Tundra berries (blueberries, salmonberries, cranberries with sweetened condensed milk - YUM!)

Blueberry pie

And my favorite: moose sausage stuffed with olives and jalapenos!!!

Funny...meat usually gets stuck on me and I didn't have trouble with anything tonight! YUMMY food (even for game meat!)

NSV: I wrapped a REGULAR towel around myself after a shower today! I usually use a "bath sheet"...and Andrew was holding me close tonight at the potluck and said that I was getting smaller. Nice completment...AND he kissed me in front of everyone (this is big...he thinks that since he's the Sergeant he shouldn't do those things in front of his peers and underlings).

Anyway, hope you had a great day Janet!!!

Thanks Marcy - I think I would like the sauage too - Seal Meat what does that taste like - and don't say chicken - Don't think I would want to eat seal - but heck I am the kind of person who would try anything once.

Congrats on the NSV a regular towel :frown:- and how sweet your hubby is for kissing you in public...:eek:

Well gang I'm at work - better get started - trying these glasses - I think I wasted my $$ - may just have to get some for reading and computer - or heck maybe I will try the mono vision contact...

Ck with ya'll later

Marcy congrats on the NSV with the towel. Aren't the little things what mean the most. Funny how much we appreciate something that others take for granted and actually probably never have given a thought too. Don't know if I could eat the dishes you did but glad you liked it. Glad you didn't get stuck and enjoyed yourself. Sounds like Andrew is paying a little more attention these days. What a wonderful experience we are all having!!

First, a huge thank you to everyone for putting up with my nasty mood the other night. Wht a pity party I was having! You guys are the best--made me laugh and realize that I'm not as witchy as I was feeling. I got some sleep too, which helped immensely!!

Janet, nolines take some time. I just got a new pair too, and i am going to ask the optomotrist to redo them and put the line higher up b/c I have the same problem with the computer as you. I don't even really need correction for distance at all, just a sliver on the top of the lens so I can see my students when I am in the classroom, but i do need them to read anything. Work with them--you'll get used to it.

Here's something I don't get: Several of you are talking about wearing size 12's. We're all at about the same place weight-wise, and height-wise, but I'm maybe a 16. I bought a pair of Calvin Klein jeans in a 16 and there is no way thoes things are going to meet on top. Even the thighs are tight. Granted, I am big boned (size 11 shoe--OK? there's NOTHING small or even average about me--well, ok I'm 5'6, that's average), but still, size 12 is totally out there for me. I have some XL tops that fit well, but mostly still 1X is better. What's with that?

Here's something I don't get: Several of you are talking about wearing size 12's. We're all at about the same place weight-wise, and height-wise, but I'm maybe a 16. I bought a pair of Calvin Klein jeans in a 16 and there is no way thoes things are going to meet on top. Even the thighs are tight. Granted, I am big boned (size 11 shoe--OK? there's NOTHING small or even average about me--well, ok I'm 5'6, that's average), but still, size 12 is totally out there for me. I have some XL tops that fit well, but mostly still 1X is better. What's with that?

Linda- We are here for you anytime you want to come b@#ch, scream, cry, yell or laugh. We love ya!!!:tongue:

I don't get all the size differences either. I can wear a 12 in Levi Staus but a 14 in my levi red tabs. Guess which ones I wear most. :biggrin: I am 5'3. Everyone is built different and carries their weight different. I have always distributed (that makes it sound like I had control. LOL) my weight evenly. I am also losing the weight evenly all over. I think that helps. I don't know. Hang in there. You will get into those 12's. To me since I am a 'shorty' I am thinking you have to look really good in a 16. My GF had gastric by pass and she is 5'6 and she is wearing a size 16 and she weighs 174 and I think she looks great but was surprised when she told me she wears 16 and not smaller. Who knows?!

You know you guys make me want to have been a July Banster! I've been reading here and find you all very supportive of each other not to mention so very funny. Keep up the good work fellow bandsters while really enjoying each others support!

Dianne

Janet, nolines take some time. I just got a new pair too, and i am going to ask the optomotrist to redo them and put the line higher up b/c I have the same problem with the computer as you. I don't even really need correction for distance at all, just a sliver on the top of the lens so I can see my students when I am in the classroom, but i do need them to read anything. Work with them--you'll get used to it.

Linda - I'm 5'4 - unofficially 180. My weight is pretty much well distributed too. (Except 70 lbs ago my tummy stuck out past my boobs) I would say I am small to medium frame. All 12's are not created equal... I have a pair j.c. Pennys Worthington brand I think and Ralph Lauren jeans - but that same weekend went to stein mart and got a pair of 14's that fit the same as the 12s. I even have a top I got at Macys’s that's a 2 x and fits fine (well got it 2 months ago it is a tad bigger but wearable). Sizes aren't equal - I would say that size 11 shoe you are large frame and that's what's coming into play - I am still wearing my 14's from the avenue but the are real baggy in the legs by the end of the day - but truly the waist isn't too bad - infact as I sit here I still have a muffin top with these pants when I am sitting. So it depends on the style of pant and who makes them. On all the fashion shows I watch - they say don't be bothered by the size what is most important is the fit and this is the rule I live by. Don’t get to hung up about the # - I know that's easy for me to say - but heck - Karri is 5 lbs lighter than me now and says she fit in a 10 & 8 OMG - I wouldn't even try....

It sound like we have the exact same eyesight - Yes I will work with them for a week and see how they go - This is my first time wearing glasses - I just got so sick of readers on my nose 24/7 or on top of my head - I may try the mono vision lasic (sp) one eye distant the other for reading.

Jackie's right with who knows - you are losing and that's all that really counts

Ok gang - I am back from my unfill - I had 5.8 now I have 5 even - he had added 1 cc last Weds - took out .08 cc today - I can drink Water with no problems - BUT he said I had to stay on liquids for another week :lol: - cuz i am swollen - well we will see about that not going to go eat a steak but will try something mushie - cuz i am sick of soup......

And he told me I could have come in Monday - so next time I am tight I will call his cell # -he even felt sorry for me cuz i couldn't eat on my Bday :tongue:

he is going to talk to the new girls up front - I told him I thought that was his policy - but figured I could wait til wed - he said he doesn't even go on vacations and if he does - it's close so he can fly home if a patient needs him. Isn't that so cool - he called his patients his family..

But he is training some to take over when he is on vacation ..

I am going to try some yogurt for lunch :lol: but that is considered liquid with him :biggrin:

Ok just wanted to give you an update and Celebrate that I can drink water without sliming,.....

You know you guys make me want to have been a July Banster! I've been reading here and find you all very supportive of each other not to mention so very funny. Keep up the good work fellow bandsters while really enjoying each others support!

Dianne

Dianne

You can join us - we have Salsa who is August and Twilight who is Dec (I think) We dont discriminate... We are a big happy family - no we don't fight we support - but you gotta watch out for me & salsa - we are the food cop or as we like to call ourselves Food Angels of this group - but it's totally with love..

You are welcome anytime...

OMG I'm such a loser, I didn't post yesterday. I'm so so sorry.

Happy Belated Birthday Indio !!

:tongue: Happy Birthday Janet :biggrin:

:lol:

Too bad we can't all go out and party this weekend. Hey ya know Tues. is Mardi Gras.

I'll party for ya.

O.K. again, I still can't freakin believe I forgot to post yesterday.

Happy Happy Birthday Janet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tomorrow I go to the fill nurse. I haven't decided if I want a fill. Sometimes I can't eat, sometimes I have no problem. So it's really a dilemma. Spelling dilemma was also a dilemma.

Okay, seriously this is the last time. Janet I am so sorry.....

Happy Birthday!!!

And don't forget PM me your email address please.

Mango - It's ok - I don't post every day - Thanks !!!

Ok gang - I am back from my unfill - I had 5.8 now I have 5 even - he had added 1 cc last Weds - took out .08 cc today - I can drink Water with no problems - BUT he said I had to stay on liquids for another week :eek: - cuz i am swollen - well we will see about that not going to go eat a steak but will try something mushie - cuz i am sick of soup......

And he told me I could have come in Monday - so next time I am tight I will call his cell # -he even felt sorry for me cuz i couldn't eat on my Bday :tongue:

he is going to talk to the new girls up front - I told him I thought that was his policy - but figured I could wait til wed - he said he doesn't even go on vacations and if he does - it's close so he can fly home if a patient needs him. Isn't that so cool - he called his patients his family..

But he is training some to take over when he is on vacation ..

I am going to try some yogurt for lunch :cool: but that is considered liquid with him :smile:

Ok just wanted to give you an update and Celebrate that I can drink Water without sliming,.....

If he felt THAT sorry for you he should've taken you out for a birthday lunch!! But he would've made you drink it! :wink2: Which might not have been too bad??!! :tt1:

Dianne

Welcome Dianne,

You don't have to be a July Bandster to join our group. The more people we have supporting one another, the more chance we have of being successful. Feel free to stop in anytime for any reason. :tt1:

If he felt THAT sorry for you he should've taken you out for a birthday lunch!! But he would've made you drink it! :wink2: Which might not have been too bad??!! :tt1:

Ya it was noon time by the time I left his office - that would have been funny me and my doc out driniking - i want food not liquid calories..:tongue: