Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky # Sevens- July 07 Bandsters

Yeah I was sad about my dad not being able to come over. As for the BF's hours changing...part of me is relieved that I will have some alone time and other parts of me are not. I will miss him because we play games together almost everynight. At least we still have 2 nights together. At least then I won't feel bad about missing time with him to go to the gym. No more excuses!

Sings...."Happy Bandiversary to me, Happy Bandiversary to me" :tt1:

:frown:

I really wanted to hit onderland on my bandiversary but am still at exactly 200.0 as of this am....oh well. :lol: It won't be too much longer now.

Hubby took pics today and I will post "then and now" pics as soon as he uploads them.

Congratulations, Kartrina!! You'll be in "Onderland" any day now!! I can only imagine!! I hope to reach that place later this year!! We're all looking forward to seeing your pictures!!

Hey everyone. Sorry I have been MIA. Don't really have a reason. I check everyday and read the posts but haven't posted myself. It has now been 6 months and 3 days. I didn't get my six month pictures taken right on my aniversary so I took them today and amposting. The first is 8 days before my surgery and the other is today. I can definately tell the difference. :frown: Let me know what you think.

Jackie - the pictures are real telling of your weight loss! But I noticed even more the look in your face on your before picture...look how sad you are! Sure we can gain confidence, etc., but gaining happiness is what really matters to me! Good job!:tt1:

Mango, I have a friend who has a lot of allergies, and she says many times fabric softener is the culprit. You might try eliminating it in a few loads and see if it makes a difference. It might take a couple of washes to get it all out--apparently it gums up the fibers and doesn't come out easily.

I am really a bitch tonight. I have a very bad cold--maybe it's flu, and between that and my tight fill that is STILL keeping me up sliming ALL night, I haven't slept in weeks. I never slime or BP during the day, but the second I fall asleep it starts up. I'm just miserable. DH doesn't get it--he just can't bring himself to cut me some slack and be nice to me. He just snores throught it all--after all, he has to WORK in the morning. So what do I do in my office all day?

DD is home too till tomorrow and spends all her time with BF, which is driving me crazy. When did "dating" mean spending every waking moment together all day long for days on end coming home only to sleep and get some free food once in a while? I thought that was what marriage was about? She better look for an apartment when she graduates this summer. This is not going to work.

Then I heard that DIL is mad at me for telling my sisters and brothers that she is pregnant--almost a week after she told us, all our kids, and their friends. I guess I'm taking it to heart because never once did she bother to thank me for putting them up over Christmas. She didn't make even one meal, or wash even one dish. She didn't bother to clean up the bedroom and bathroom they used for the three weeks they were here. On top of that, she didn't have the decency to even say thank you for the 25K we gave them to buy the new house in the first place! Then she complains because I tell MY FAMILY that I am going to be a grandma (for the first time--at age 55) DH has the balls to suggest that next time they tell us something, I should keep my mouth shut. I don't think so.

I'm tired of being strong, of doing the "right" thing, and saying the "right" thing to keep everyone happy and then being castigated for something as idiotic as that. I want to lean on someone else on once in a while. I want someone to appreciate how difficult it is to watch everyone else eat the meals I make and not have any myself, I want someone to appreciate me.

lindaa - Sorry to hear that you are having such troubles with the family. Sometimes they can be the worst! I have completely stopped talking to my extended family (aunts, uncles, cousins etc) after my mom and grandma died, because they were just ungrateful for anything. I am not a huge one for confrontation, but have you thought about saying anything to your DIL. 25K for their house??? I am looking for a new family...I have a band mom already, but I could always use a band Aunt. :tt1: I would clean the bedroom and the bathroom and you could tell anyone ANYTHING you want about me. I love to cook and will even do dishes with just a little pouting. Oh and believe me if you want to send 25K my way I will put a thank you on a billboard right outside your house!:frown: Just kidding...hope it put a little smile on your face. Can't you get your fill taken out? I thought I was tight, but I wasn't sliming during the night. No way I could stand that. Some of it may be that your body is draining mucus (I know disgusting, but the truth) and that maybe your banded tummy just can't keep up with it. If it doesn't cost a whole lot perhaps you could get some taken out and then when you get over being sick have a little more put back in if you need it. I hate hearing that people are too tight, cause I was absolutely miserable when I was. Janet will attest to how miserable it can be too as she is dealing with it right now. And by the way, you can lean on us anytime you want. I, personally, have very broad shoulders that are good for crying on. They have gotten a bit smaller since losing weight, but there is still a decent amount of room.

So a bit of bragging from me now. Since joining the gym I have been running 1 full mile a session. Up until tonight that has been broken into one half mile segment and 2 quarter mile segments. Tonight however, I ran for .75 miles. That is BY FAR the longest I have ever run in my life. I was so excited. That is such a huge accomplishment for me. So I made this statement on the August exercise thread and I will make it here. By my 1 year bandiversary I will run 5 miles straight. I know that sounds like an astounding amount but that means that I just need to add a little under .25 miles per week. Now that sounds doable.

Well I have to go take a shower cause I aint smelling too pretty right now.

Later!

I spent an hour on WII fitness with my son. Talk about hilarious fun! I got a good workout (my shoulders ache from boxing and tennis lol) and I really, really enjoyed myself. He has a PS2 and most of those games are beyond my capabilities. But this WII is the best purchase I could have (I mean Santa :tt1:) could have made. Not only do I get to exercise, but I get to have loads of fun with my son. I laughed until my jaw ached because most of the time I was ridiculously bad or fluke-ishly great. :frown: We have more dates penciled in for the coming week. After homework and chores, of course. :biggrin2:

Ruby- We got a WII for christmas too. I love it!!! I found out the other day that in March there is a game for the wii that is for fitness. It has a step stool for aerobics, counts calories burned and etc. I can't wait. The guy told me it is going to be about $70.00 I figure if it is something that I can get exercise and the kids can too I will buy it. We have a lot of fun.

My thoughts exactly. I think we've been spammed. :tt1:

I clicked on the little red triangle and reported it as spam.

Ok...as promised...Then and Now pics.

(My first time attaching...sure hope this works)

WOW!! That's great!! You are lookin' good! Sure can see the difference!

I am really a bitch tonight. I have a very bad cold--maybe it's flu, and between that and my tight fill that is STILL keeping me up sliming ALL night, I haven't slept in weeks. I never slime or BP during the day, but the second I fall asleep it starts up. I'm just miserable. DH doesn't get it--he just can't bring himself to cut me some slack and be nice to me. He just snores throught it all--after all, he has to WORK in the morning. So what do I do in my office all day?

DD is home too till tomorrow and spends all her time with BF, which is driving me crazy. When did "dating" mean spending every waking moment together all day long for days on end coming home only to sleep and get some free food once in a while? I thought that was what marriage was about? She better look for an apartment when she graduates this summer. This is not going to work.

Then I heard that DIL is mad at me for telling my sisters and brothers that she is pregnant--almost a week after she told us, all our kids, and their friends. I guess I'm taking it to heart because never once did she bother to thank me for putting them up over Christmas. She didn't make even one meal, or wash even one dish. She didn't bother to clean up the bedroom and bathroom they used for the three weeks they were here. On top of that, she didn't have the decency to even say thank you for the 25K we gave them to buy the new house in the first place! Then she complains because I tell MY FAMILY that I am going to be a grandma (for the first time--at age 55) DH has the balls to suggest that next time they tell us something, I should keep my mouth shut. I don't think so.

I'm tired of being strong, of doing the "right" thing, and saying the "right" thing to keep everyone happy and then being castigated for something as idiotic as that. I want to lean on someone else on once in a while. I want someone to appreciate how difficult it is to watch everyone else eat the meals I make and not have any myself, I want someone to appreciate me.

So sorry for all your family frustrations, and that you're not feeling well!! You have a right to be bitchy and you can vent here anytime. We are all willing to listen and give you some love!! HUGS!! Tomorrow will be better!!

So a bit of bragging from me now. Since joining the gym I have been running 1 full mile a session. Up until tonight that has been broken into one half mile segment and 2 quarter mile segments. Tonight however, I ran for .75 miles. That is BY FAR the longest I have ever run in my life. I was so excited. That is such a huge accomplishment for me. So I made this statement on the August exercise thread and I will make it here. By my 1 year bandiversary I will run 5 miles straight. I know that sounds like an astounding amount but that means that I just need to add a little under .25 miles per week. Now that sounds doable.

Later!

Count me in... I'll be part of your "family", too! And CONGRATS on the running!! That's great!! You're doing so well! I have no doubt that you'll make that 5 mile goal by your bandiversary!! We'll all be cheering you on!

Mango, I have a friend who has a lot of allergies, and she says many times fabric softener is the culprit. You might try eliminating it in a few loads and see if it makes a difference. It might take a couple of washes to get it all out--apparently it gums up the fibers and doesn't come out easily.

Linda I am sorry you are feeling so miserable. Sounds like your family needs to wake up and see what you do. Your daughter in law should have known that you were going to be excited. ITS YOUR FIRST GRANDCHILD!!! You have grandmothers bragging rights as my mom calls them.

Have you talked with your doctor about the reflux at night? My doc told me that reflux can cause damage so if I have it at all I am to call them. I take pepcid 2 times a day. I always took nexium before surgery because of Gurd so bad and now when I went in last week she asked me if I have been having reflux and I told her no so she told me I do not need to refill my pepcid. I am really worried about going without it because I SUFFERED terrible with reflux all my life and now I don't have it and I am afraid if I quit taking my medicine that it will come back. I think I am going to refill it 'just in case' so I have it on hand. I was also told nothing to eat 3 hours before bed because that causes reflux for me. Believe me there are nights that is really hard to accomplish!! :tt1: Take care Lindaa and hugs to you.

Jackie - the pictures are real telling of your weight loss! But I noticed even more the look in your face on your before picture...look how sad you are! Sure we can gain confidence, etc., but gaining happiness is what really matters to me! Good job!:tt1:

Marcy thank you so much. I really do feel like a whole new person. I am much happier. I find that things don't affect me like they used to be and I like being out and about more. Happiness matters to me also. I want to be able to smile and look into a camera now. :frown:

I am looking for a new family...I have a band mom already, but I could always use a band Aunt.

Later!

Salsa- Count me in too. I want to be in the family!!! :tt1: Maybe your older sister. LOL Congrats on the running!! I hope to be running again too. I had lost alot of weight about 7 years ago and I started to run. Stopped running grew roots setting on the couch and gained ALL the weight and then some. This time once I get to running I am going to keep on running and just not stop like Forrest Gump. LOL :frown::lol:7_5_138.gif 7_5_141.gif 7_5_139.gif

sig.jsp?pc=ZSzeb112&pp=ZKxdm005YYUS

Ok...as promised...Then and Now pics.

(My first time attaching...sure hope this works)

Katrina- LOOK AT YOU!!! You look fabulous. 36_1_12.gif What a difference!! Your doing wonderful. Congratulations!!!

sig.jsp?pc=ZSzeb114&pp=ZKxdm005YYUS

36_1_39.gif Hi everyone!! Sorry for all the posts. Just trying to catch up today!! Today has been one of those head hunger days. I thought I was hungry ALL day long but when I would ask myself are you REALLY hungry the answer was always NO. It is about a week and a half before aunt flo and she starts sending me her telegraphs announcing her pending arrival around this time each month and all I want to do it eat. I don't eat much but still I want to eat and every little bit adds up. I do not think I have been getting enough calories. Haven't done very well counting this past week but have barely eaten much each day. My fill is tight but I am ok with it. I am not uncomfortable or anything unless I try to push it. Tonight at supper I ate about 1/4 of a cup of the 1 cup of food I had on my plate and tried to eat more but I was just full. Couldn't finish. I know I have eaten more today than other days because I have snacked (good snacks) 3 times today. I got on the scale tonight and I am down another pound. My body must need that jump start to get me going again. So I am going to try to increase my calories tomorrow again too and see what happens.

We are waiting for a winter storm once again in Iowa. Supposed to get 5-6 inches of snow again tomorrow and then the blowing wind. 36_1_63.gif Guess that means I will be working from home tomorrow. That is ok though I like days like that because they are so relaxing. LOL I 'll get up in the am and do my daily sweeping, vacuuming and dusting and then I will maybe make some Soup to stew all day and get on here. :tt1:

sig.jsp?pc=ZSzeb096&pp=ZKxdm005YYUS