Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky # Sevens- July 07 Bandsters

I'm still getting hives every night, sometimes bad, sometimes light. I don't know what the hell going on.

I can't believe you're still getting those hives!!! What the heck!! Does the doctor have no clue what is causing them??? It's been weeks, at least, hasn't it???? good grief!!:eek::wink2::eek::eek::tongue::frown::):confused::cool::eek:

Peaches - It's been 5 yrs what's nudge nudge wink wink :) oh ya i think i remember:tongue: - Yes counts as exercise.

I will restrain myself from commenting on that.... now we're all going to be wondering when we see those exercise challenge numbers change!! :wink2:

Phyl - Im here - the rain was about to flood my house if it kept up - Had to call my Son this morning cuz the side of the house was a lake and Water coming up on patio - if it keeps raining - it was going to get close to commin in my back slide - so my son & gd's came over and he got most of the water to drain. So I made them all Breakfast and they just left.

Neighbors are going to help us start building an ark!! Or maybe a big raft for our RVs!!

Your sis is the same age as my sis - she will be 60 in November.. I am glad you had a good time - and you said the food was good - I think they changed cuz it use to be the food was $$$ and not very good - haven't been up there for a while

Food prices are not bad at all.... competitive with PS, and the food was very good. I LOVED those grilled scallops, but had to give a few away!! they gave me six and I could only eat four. So I guess I can't complain too much about restriction. It's there.

To bad her dh is an ah - its good that she got to spend the day with you...

Mad Money is a cute & entertaining show - no violence - cussing - sex etc - Just plain old entertainment.. Enjoyed it -

We saw that movie last weekend and really enjoyed it, too!

Well that's about it - want to cook a pot of something cuz it's so rainy - but don't know what - sick of Soup - I mean sick of it - maybe I will go to the food channel and look for something soft & creamy without too may calories - but heck I can't eat enough for something fatting to go to the hips...

So sorry you're feeling sad about your Dad today. Mine died in Dec 95' and now my Mom is, hmmmm, do I have to say "shacked up" (at 86 yrs old) with his younger brother, my uncle Ed.. and he is a super colossal jerk with a capital J!! My three sisters and I can't stand him. My Dad never got along with him and he's probably turned over in his grave multiple times over this! Every time I go home to visit Mom I end up in a fight with UNCLE ED!! Grrrrr! Two of my sisters still live there so they have to put up with him all the time. It's gotten so bad that my Mom has to have one of my sisters take her over to see my Aunt Genny, who is so sick with cancer now, because Aunt Genny can't stand the sight of him. Family!! Ain't it fun!

So sorry you're feeling sad about your Dad today. Mine died in Dec 95' and now my Mom is, hmmmm, do I have to say "shacked up" (at 86 yrs old) with his younger brother, my uncle Ed.. and he is a super colossal jerk with a capital J!! My three sisters and I can't stand him. My Dad never got along with him and he's probably turned over in his grave multiple times over this! Every time I go home to visit Mom I end up in a fight with UNCLE ED!! Grrrrr! Two of my sisters still live there so they have to put up with him all the time. It's gotten so bad that my Mom has to have one of my sisters take her over to see my Aunt Genny, who is so sick with cancer now, because Aunt Genny can't stand the sight of him. Family!! Ain't it fun!

Phyl

Really wasnt' til I told that story - and since my bday is around the corner I always think of my Daddy - My parents would always take me out to dinner at a fancy restaurant and I would order lobster (it was the only time I ever went to fancy restaurants and get to order anything i wanted) .. The last card I got was when I was staying with them when my stepmom had cancer and was helpimg them - he give me a card and wrote "we are so lucky proud to have a daughter like you"

Well my nephew is now with his 1/2 sister's sister - (no blood and they weren't raised together) but it still seemed a little weird at first - Casey was always consider a sister...

Sorry that your jerk uncle is now your jerk shaked up stepdad - oh that sounds funny... But truly - that is bad - I am luck that we don't have any family issues at the moment - you see i said moment - :wink2:

Shacked up wit Uncle Ed, that's a hoot.

I haven't gone to the dermo yet about the hives. I know he'll do a scratch test, so I have been eliminating items and trying to find the culprit on my own first. I rewashed all clothes with unscented Tide.

They started around Jan. 1st. As I typed that I just realized, I may be allergic to 2008.

As for food, maybe the first bite won't go down. I just had some gumbo, after a few bites I PBed, went back a few minutes later tried again with no problems. When I first start eating, it hurts like hell and it just won't go down. No matter how much I chew.

My new kitty is running around the frontroom, and my Mischief is not liking this crap one bit. He is jealous!!! Like a 2yr old baby.

Sings...."Happy Bandiversary to me, Happy Bandiversary to me" :)

:tongue:

I really wanted to hit onderland on my bandiversary but am still at exactly 200.0 as of this am....oh well. :cool: It won't be too much longer now.

Hubby took pics today and I will post "then and now" pics as soon as he uploads them.

I was sad to see all you wonderful ladies that grew up without dad. My dad was all I had (stepmom resented me) I was "daddy's little girl" and boy did that just kill the step. Anyhow. I don't know what I will do when I loose my dad.

Anyhoo....Ya'll have a great night and even better Monday, it's my bedtime:wink2:

Shacked up wit Uncle Ed, that's a hoot.

I haven't gone to the dermo yet about the hives. I know he'll do a scratch test, so I have been eliminating items and trying to find the culprit on my own first. I rewashed all clothes with unscented Tide.

They started around Jan. 1st. As I typed that I just realized, I may be allergic to 2008.

As for food, maybe the first bite won't go down. I just had some gumbo, after a few bites I PBed, went back a few minutes later tried again with no problems. When I first start eating, it hurts like hell and it just won't go down. No matter how much I chew.

My new kitty is running around the frontroom, and my Mischief is not liking this crap one bit. He is jealous!!! Like a 2yr old baby.

2008--- I bet that's it!!! You hit the nail on the head!! But 2009 is a long way off!! That's a lot of HIVES!!

Yeah, Uncle Ed is a hoot alright!! Isn't it convenient... he's my Dad's brother so has the same last name as my Mom... they try to pass themselves off as married. It's so annoying. I have, however, on a number of occasions, been gracious enough to thank him for taking such good care of my Mom.

I typed that I just realized, I may be allergic to 2008.

As for food, maybe the first bite won't go down. I just had some gumbo, after a few bites I PBed, went back a few minutes later tried again with no problems. When I first start eating, it hurts like hell and it just won't go down. No matter how much I chew. My new kitty is running around the frontroom, and my Mischief is not liking this crap one bit. He is jealous!!! Like a 2yr old baby.

Mango - Too funny on 2008 - we would never want you to have hives for a whole yr :eek:

I went to Son's house for dinner - ate about 1/4 piece chicken - 4 bites Pasta and 1/2 cup cake (the top part) then came home and was putting Soup I made up and was able to drink 1 cup of the broth with no problem - this morning could only get 1/2 cup of coffee down - who the heck knows about our bands - they can be so frustrating at time.

Sings...."Happy Bandiversary to me, Happy Bandiversary to me" :smile: I really wanted to hit onderland on my bandiversary but am still at exactly 200.0 as of this am....oh well. :lol: It won't be too much longer now. Hubby took pics today and I will post "then and now" pics as soon as he uploads them. I was sad to see all you wonderful ladies that grew up without dad. My dad was all I had (stepmom resented me) I was "daddy's little girl" and boy did that just kill the step. Anyhow. I don't know what I will do when I loose my dad. Anyhoo....Ya'll have a great night and even better Monday, it's my bedtime:eek:

Katrina - Belated Happy Band Anniversary - Can't wait to see pic's - I'm still a daddy's little girl and he has been gone 16 yrs this June and I am 52 yrs old.:tongue: - I think with Kathy losing her Dad and feeling her pain - it just brings all those memories to to surface

. I have, however, on a number of occasions, been gracious enough to thank him for taking such good care of my Mom.

See what a good woman you are - That's what is most important

Phyll- 86 years old and shacking up with Uncle ED?? Man, that must mean they are still "Doing It." My mom is 86 too, and I just can't picture that. LOL Heck, I'm not even sure I remember what "IT" is.:D

Janet- eating what's good for you or what you want?? You gotta eat what you want, once in a while or you will binge something terrible. Refrigerated cookies.....Thanks Janet.....they're stuck in my mind now. Except, mine never make it to the oven. I just love cookie dough. I walk real fast past that part of the store. I don't even look.

Mango- alergic to 2008. That is funny. Love it. Do they itch too??

Blue- be patient. 199 will come soon. I realized the other day that everytime my scale hits that 0 number, it sticks. goes up and down, up and down and then finally gets past it till it hits the next 0 number.:rolleyes:

Phyll- 86 years old and shacking up with Uncle ED?? Man, that must mean they are still "Doing It." My mom is 86 too, and I just can't picture that. LOL Heck, I'm not even sure I remember what "IT" is.:D

I have no idea and I don't want to know. But, Uncle Ed was divorced and didn't date or anything for 32 years, so who knows!! He may be trying to make up for lost time! I do know that 10 years ago they were caught more than once with rumpled clothes and messed up hair!!

:rolleyes::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

I guess looking at how I wrote it, you would be confused. It sounds like a really good day on screen. I guess the "bad" part is how it made me feel.

Now that makes a lot of sense. But I also think at times we are too hard on ourselves. However, someone has to be because there were many more times when we were in denial and far too lenient on ourselves. A big reason why many of us are here in the first place.

There are so many demons we have, and I know that "lazy" one of which you speak quite well. There's also the one-more-cookie-won't-make-you-fat one, the one-size-bigger-is-no-big-deal one and many, many, many more that are related.

I've been struggling for a while now with the a type of size demon. I'm wearing size 14 jeans now. They're big and have been for about 6 weeks but I'm too afraid to go and buy new jeans in case the size 12 doesn't fit. Or it might fit today and next week I will have gained back 5lbs and I look stupid in them. Right now the smallest clothes I have in my closet are 14s. Some fit better than others. I've been fortunate that the weather has been cool enough here that I've needed to wear long underwear under my jeans to fill out some of the looseness. When I don't have the extra underwear underneath though, they're going to look too baggy and big and make me look bigger than I probably am. I know this. I get it. And yet I still can't bring myself to even try on a size 12 yet! :D

Stooooooooooooopid head won't get with the program! :rolleyes:

I spent an hour on WII fitness with my son. Talk about hilarious fun! I got a good workout (my shoulders ache from boxing and tennis lol) and I really, really enjoyed myself. He has a PS2 and most of those games are beyond my capabilities. But this WII is the best purchase I could have (I mean Santa :D) could have made. Not only do I get to exercise, but I get to have loads of fun with my son. I laughed until my jaw ached because most of the time I was ridiculously bad or fluke-ishly great. :rolleyes: We have more dates penciled in for the coming week. After homework and chores, of course. :biggrin2:

I'm not even sure I remember what "IT" is.:D

Janet- eating what's good for you or what you want?? You gotta eat what you want, once in a while or you will binge something terrible. Refrigerated cookies.....Thanks Janet.....they're stuck in my mind now. Except, mine never make it to the oven. I just love cookie dough. I walk real fast past that part of the store.

Kari - I did have half a cup cake at my son's last night.... But I am so tight i can't eat sh*t right now - I called and I go in Wed to have some fill taken out...

I have done that with brownie mix - just ate the dough they never made it to the oven... I am just so hungry right now - and have a tad of heartburn - I want my fish and veggies - and more than just 2 or 3 bites - I don't see how anyone would want to be this tight..

I also think at times we are too hard on ourselves. However, someone has to be because there were many more times when we were in denial and far too lenient on ourselves. A big reason why many of us are here in the first place.

There are so many demons we have, and I know that "lazy" one of which you speak quite well. There's also the one-more-cookie-won't-make-you-fat one, the one-size-bigger-is-no-big-deal one and many, many, many more that are related.

I've been struggling for a while now with the a type of size demon. I'm wearing size 14 jeans now. They're big and have been for about 6 weeks but I'm too afraid to go and buy new jeans in case the size 12 doesn't fit. Or it might fit today and next week I will have gained back 5lbs and I look stupid in them. Right now the smallest clothes I have in my closet are 14s. Some fit better than others. I've been fortunate that the weather has been cool enough here that I've needed to wear long underwear under my jeans to fill out some of the looseness. When I don't have the extra underwear underneath though, they're going to look too baggy and big and make me look bigger than I probably am. I know this. I get it. And yet I still can't bring myself to even try on a size 12 yet! :rolleyes::eek:

Ruby - I agree with we do have to keep oursleves in check and loved it ya an 22/24 top isn't really that much bigger than 18/20 - it's just they make clothes so form fitting now a day - I owned that one :eek:

OK I would have never tried on a size 12 til Karri did - we were at the time at the same weight so I figured if she could I might - I waited a few more weeks and then went to the mall - jc pennys 12 paint fit - ralph lauren 12 fits - my 14s are baggie - excecpt I got a pair of 14's at stein mart that aren't - see it's hard to tell cuz not all 12's are the same size - just like all 14's aren't the same. but i am still afraid to go and try on more 12's cuz in my head i'm not a 12 - to me 12 is like for skinny chicks - I have shopped in the BBW stores for so long... I need some more pant - i have 2 12's and the 14 are too baggy..

It still amazes me that I can get in a size 12! I am pretty sure that the last time that I was a size 12 it was size 12mo when I was an baby:tongue:! I can't fit in all size 12s, but I can feel that the ones that I am wearing are starting to get a little looser. Maybe I can fit in all of them now, but a month ago I couldn't. It still is that dang top roll that is killing me. My brother's girlfriend gave me some of her old clothes that don't fit her any more as she is now a size 4, but the cut just isn't right for me. She gave me a pair of size 9 jeans, but they are so low waisted that my top roll sticks out like a sore thumb. The jeans fit and my BF liked what they did for my butt, however I don't think I could find a shirt that I would be comfortable wearing with them. Besides, I would have to get new underwear to wear with these. They are very low rise!:rolleyes: I even fit into the pair of size 8s that she gave me, but again it is the top roll. I have got to find something that will take it away.

I have not even contimplated plastic surgery as I just don't think that there is anyway that I would ever be able to afford it (especially until my surgery is paid off), but I don't know that this top roll is ever going to go away. Also, my breasts are getting really bad and I am only 28. I look alright when I am fully dressed, but naked :D:eek::eek: it is not a pretty sight.

Janet - as for the food, you may be like I am right now where mornings are tough to eat anything and then you open up at night. I am still not where I would like to be optimally, but I am doing alright. I am getting to 1000 calories now so that is good for me. I have been battling a lot of head hunger this weekend but I think that was because I was sad. However, I did relatively well and when I went to the store specifically to get something for dessert...I got fresh melon instead of cheesecake which is what I really wanted. It turned out that the fruit was just as good and took care of my craving. Good NSV for me!

Well we are on a 2 hour delay here so my lunch time has been way off, so I am completely out of whack! But I have to get my portfolio's together for my evaluation so I should probably get that done.

Later!

[quote name=salsa1877;703816 I even fit into the pair of size 8s that she gave me' date=' but again it is the top roll. I have got to find something that will take it away.

I I look alright when I am fully dressed, but naked :rolleyes::eek::eek: it is not a pretty sight.

Janet - as for the food, you may be like I am right now where mornings are tough to eat anything and then you open up at night. I am still not where I would like to be optimally, but I am doing alright. I am getting to 1000 calories now so that is good for me. I have been battling a lot of head hunger this weekend but I think that was because I was sad. However, I did relatively well and when I went to the store specifically to get something for dessert...I got fresh melon instead of cheesecake which is what I really wanted. It turned out that the fruit was just as good and took care of my craving. Good NSV for me!

Later![/quote]

Karri

I usually Lipo in a box (yes google it it's real) - high waisted spanxs type underwear - we use to call them gridles in the old days - they come up undernearth your bra and help with the tummy roll and back fat - I think they cut pants too tight around the waist some times.

I understand the dress vs naked :D

Fill has loosend a tad - but I hate being this tight - had broth for lunch tried to eat a turkey meat ball and can't - I have a tad heartburn and I don't like that... I can't live on soups... I am a little pissed that I can't get in til Weds - he does fills on that day - Mon & Tues surgery days - but heck - it takes me 3 hrs to drink a small water bottle. and I don't think heart burn is a good sign..

What were you sad about?? Your Dad & his son issues - or that BF hrs are changing.. sadness is one of those buttons to eat...

Well back to work = started this and hour ago - but the phone keeps ringing..