Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky # Sevens- July 07 Bandsters

The joys of living in an RV.... no personal space!!

Ya I can imagine that living in a RV would be a little difficult at times.

Too much togetherness isn't always a good thing...

Did you buy anything at the mall??

.. I feel like an imposter today... Don't ask me why while I was getting ready for work this morning - I am feeling like i weight 250 still. Hormones I guess. who the heck knows.. maybe it's cuz I do have on elastic waist pants -

I have been feeling like this a lot lately. I was watching Oprah the other day and then the Biggest Loser last night and I keep thinking, wow if they can lose over 100 pounds why can't I. Then I think to myself, uhhhh....you only have 31 left to lose before you get to your goal weight. It seems absurd to me to be this close to my goal weight. I know my clothes sizes are getting smaller and in the last few day have had numerous compliments on the amount of weight that I have lost, but I still don't see it. I see it in pictures and when I have clothes on, but the moment I stand in front of that damned mirror in the buff, I still look like the 250 pound person I used to be. I look down and still see that now very wrinkly belly and it makes me feel like I am losing the battle even though i am obviously not. I didn't change my ticker this morning but I am down another 1.5 pounds. 1 pound away from what my driver's license says! I am hoping to lose that by the time I go to the doctor's on Monday. It would be the first time I have been driving with the legal stats on my driver's licence EVER! Well I am still swamped at work so I had best finish my lunch (yep I eat lunch at 10:30 am) and get back to grading. I just get one set of projects finished and then another set pops back up!:)

I have been feeling like this a lot lately. I was watching Oprah the other day and then the Biggest Loser last night and I keep thinking, wow if they can lose over 100 pounds why can't I. Then I think to myself, uhhhh....you only have 31 left to lose before you get to your goal weight. It seems absurd to me to be this close to my goal weight. I know my clothes sizes are getting smaller and in the last few day have had numerous compliments on the amount of weight that I have lost, but I still don't see it. I see it in pictures and when I have clothes on, but the moment I stand in front of that damned mirror in the buff, I still look like the 250 pound person I used to be. I look down and still see that now very wrinkly belly and it makes me feel like I am losing the battle even though i am obviously not. I didn't change my ticker this morning but I am down another 1.5 pounds. 1 pound away from what my driver's license says! I am hoping to lose that by the time I go to the doctor's on Monday. It would be the first time I have been driving with the legal stats on my driver's licence EVER! Well I am still swamped at work so I had best finish my lunch (yep I eat lunch at 10:30 am) and get back to grading. I just get one set of projects finished and then another set pops back up!:cool:

Karri

Congrats on your weight loss :unsure: It seems like a year since i got on the scale last - but it was last Thursday..

My drivers license says 130 :eek: - really don't think I will ever get there again and at my age don't know if I would want to.

Kari - I just don't know where all this is coming from - maybe not enought sleep last night - or maybe when I was heavier I just threw on whatever - now i don't have much selection - I just am feeling BLAH :angry: today - can't get in the groove of work..

I haven't watch biggest loser yet (will tonite) - but did watch Bob Greene on Oprah on Monday and I could be Bob's sister for all the things he says and I say :smile:

I have only 30 more to go too. Maybe I will feel better if the scales move more than 1/2 lbs tomorrow. I just want my 14's to be too big - I just want the weight loss part to be over and to get to maintenance - never been there before - don't know what to do when I get there:tongue:..

Thanks for understanding - just wish I felt better - I was practicing my mantra - just put a smile on your face and you will feel better so far it hasn't worked - well it's almost lunch - maybe the girls in the lunch room will cheer me up...

Thanks for the shoulder:tt1:

OMGGGGGGG!!!! I FINALLY got back into the thread. I have been lost trying for 2 days to get in. I missed you all and felt like I was going through withdrawl. I don't post everyday but I do read posts everyday and 2 days with nothing about killed me. LOL AAAAHHHH now I can relax and reply.

1) I am just really nosey now... what is everybodies Marital status...???

married 2nd time/2 children from previous marriage. We lost their

father at the age of 35 due to complications of diabetis.

2) Does everyone live alone and cook for one?? nope

3) Who prepares family meals and who eats what they cook their family?

I prepare the meals. I cook healthy meals 96-97% of the time. If they don't like what I cook then they will make a frozen meal or something but for the most part they eat what I cook. They need to eat healthy too. :smile:

4) Or... do you prepare special meals just for your bandster self? we eat 5-6 supper meals a week at the table as a family. I am very big on everyone getting together at supper and eating a meal together. Like I said before I cook healthy the majority of the time so I eat what they have and if I cook something less healthy I usually will eat something else or a very small amount of it. I do not eat (and won't attempt to because I would rather j=go on the assumption that I can't eat it) any bread or things like that.

Perhaps TIM:

I had my second fill at 8 am yesterday--0.5ml for a total of 2.5. Drank Water in the office--no problem. Drank Water on the way home (long drive)--no problem. Had a little Tomato soup--no problem. Had a Protein shake for supper--didn't go down so well, only drank 1/2 of it. THEN I went to bed (4 hours later). Every time I fell asleep I was awakened with a mouthfull of warm yucky Protein shake. This went on all night long. Towards morning it was more sliming/PB, but huge amounts of it. I'm drinking a little hot tea now--seems to be OK, but I sure don't want another night like that!

Lindaa- that is reflux. I have had that every since I was 16-17 years old. When I got my second fill it tightened up the 2nd day and then when I would bend over if I had drank anything within the hour or hour and a half before it would come pouring out of my mouth like pouring tea from a tea pot. LOL Be careful with the reflux though because if it persists you may need some of the fill removed. My doc told me reflux can cause esophagus (sp?) dilation or scar tissue in the esophagus and we could lose our bands because of that.

I am sooooo close to onederland!!! 200.4 but I started an flow today (sorry for TMI) I am thinking that I will drop now that the time of month has arrived and will be moving along in a few days. Belive me you will all hear it once I hit onederland!!! This will be the first (and honestly only) place that will know!!! I don't talk about my weight much with anyone else. Many people ask how much I have lost and I just tell them not enough. I have this thing that if I tell them how much I have really lost they will look at me and think "OMG she was huge!!! She still has to lose even after losing that amount!" I know that sounds nuts. I know that I was fat (fatter than now) but I just don't want others to know just how fat I was. Sound crazy?

trying to resubscribe for email notifications.

Phyll - after reading your posts, I don't know if I should look forward to the end of the month or run in the opposite direction. (hubby retiring)

Karri - know just what you mean. My clothes are all looser, everyone tells me I am looking good.....but I don't see it.

Janet - Yeah, I like clothes on the loose side. I think you are right though. It is a self image thing. I do like regular waistbands, just been too long since my waist was smaller than my hips.

Linda - I was going to try some small size jeans last time I was shopping but I was too afraid to. Because of my bum knee, I don't go shopping often cause it is too hard to get around. (unless they have those riding carts)

I stopped at the gym this morning for my usual 30 min treadmill fix. Normally I have my favourite machine that doesn't have the morning sun shining in my eyes and isn't close to the mirrors. Today it was occupied which was a surprise in and of itself as I'm usually the only one in our gym in the morning.

So I got on one of the other treadmills and did my thing. When the machine stopped I turned to get off and got a look at myself in the full length mirror. And guess what? I didn't feel ashamed at what looked back at me! I was shocked. :unsure: So shocked in fact that I spent time actually looking myself up and down and turning from side to side. Now I'm by no means ready to model lingerie, but this was the first time in I don't know how long that I haven't been disgusted by the view in the mirror. I avoid mirrors and only use the bathroom one to get my hair done and my face presentable.

I'm so proud of me! :smile:

This will be the first (and honestly only) place that will know!!! I don't talk about my weight much with anyone else. Many people ask how much I have lost and I just tell them not enough. I have this thing that if I tell them how much I have really lost they will look at me and think "OMG she was huge!!! She still has to lose even after losing that amount!" I know that sounds nuts. I know that I was fat (fatter than now) but I just don't want others to know just how fat I was. Sound crazy?

If you're crazy, we have the same membership subscription, lol. I didn't tell anyone other than my husband and this forum when I made it to Onderland. In fact, not too many people at all know I've had lap band surgery. As far as they know (neighbours/friends) I've been making better diet choices and exercising regularly. That much is true. I just don't want to go through the discrimination I've seen others go through when they've opted for surgical help with their body image. It's the same with my breast surgery. Not too many people outside of this forum know I've had it. For the same reasons.

I know and can feel and see that I've lost weight, but you're right, at times I still feel like I'm still in the "morbidly obese" category. I'm not ready to tell people yet what I weighed at my heaviest. If they know what I weigh now or how much weight I've lost, they'll do their own math in their head and say to themselves "holy crap she was fat!!!" I don't need to be told that. I know. I carried it all.

Brandy - I also use the Low Carb Slimfast. I eat the vanilla with my Raisin Bran Cereal instead of milk. I haven't seen them at Sam's, I'll look harder.

Salsa - The Low Carb has the lowest carb count and the highest protien count of all the Slim Fast. I only like the van.

It's 5 something for a 4 pack.

Sam's only carries the chocolate, but it's very, very good. And I'm not the type person who has ever in their life liked a slim fast or anything similar to it. I've tried a regular vanilla, but not a low carb one.

Lindaa, I think I look younger and I know I feel younger. I feel very fit. I love the feel of fitting into my old clothes.

All, I sometimes wonder how it will feel to actually get to goal. Will we miss the excitement of the journey? What about when the compliments stop? When we move or change jobs and no one knows us as anything but what we are now. Will we feel tempted to pull our old pics of ourselves, laughing!!!

It will be interesting to see how we feel then!

Jackie, You are so close to getting into the 100's! Congratulations!

Ruby, I'm sure you are looking good! I also told only a very few people, so only my DH and about four other people know about the surgery. So no one at work knows, which is good.

People magazine came out with their people who lost half their size or whatever and I'm sure it will say like usual that they did it through hard work, no surgery or other "easy" solutions. Don't know about everyone else, but I earned my success. I've worked very, very hard and although the band helped, it was my committment and exercise, etc. that did it.

Ya I can imagine that living in a RV would be a little difficult at times.

Too much togetherness isn't always a good thing...

Did you buy anything at the mall??

Well, this is really exciting.... I bought 5 prs of ankle length socks!! Woo Hoo!! Almost bought a robe at Sears... been looking for a real TERRY CLOTH robe... all you can find anymore is that synthetic stuff that is non-absorbant. I want terry cloth. I tried on an XL at Sears and it fit great, but only to the waist! Waist down was not good. I almost bought it anyways because it was 1/2 price, so only $30 and I really liked the color.. kind of bright cranberry color. But then I thought about where I'd store it until it fit better. I could wear it over my bathing suit but I'd probably be too self conscious about it not closing at the hips. But I was pretty impressed that the shoulders, chest & waist actually fit!

trying to resubscribe for email notifications.

Let me know if it works!!!

Phyll - after reading your posts, I don't know if I should look forward to the end of the month or run in the opposite direction. (hubby retiring)

Because of my bum knee, I don't go shopping often cause it is too hard to get around. (unless they have those riding carts)

Hmm.... hubby retiring... you HAVE TO establish some routines that are yours alone... have some personal time and some personal SPACE. Too much togetherness is NOT a good thing! Mine seems to think we should do EVERYTHING together. We now only have one car and I don't like that at all. I thought we were going to by a 2nd when we got settled in WA last spring but apparently I was mistaken!! :Banane28: At least I have my scooter and can take off around the neighborhood (at home-- and unless he decides he should go with me!!) and in the RV park.

I have been feeling like this a lot lately. I was watching Oprah the other day and then the Biggest Loser last night and I keep thinking, wow if they can lose over 100 pounds why can't I. :Banane28:

Don't forget.. those people on BIGGEST LOSER... that's their FULL TIME JOB for now. Losing weight. They have nothing else to do 24/7 but work on that and their goal... win the money. And they have personal trainers around the clock.

People magazine came out with their people who lost half their size or whatever and I'm sure it will say like usual that they did it through hard work, no surgery or other "easy" solutions. Don't know about everyone else, but I earned my success. I've worked very, very hard and although the band helped, it was my committment and exercise, etc. that did it.

We all know that we did NOT chose the EASY WAY OUT!! This is hard work!!

:smile::unsure::Banane28::eek::angry::cool::blush2::blush2::Banane28:

I'm not ready to tell people yet what I weighed at my heaviest. If they know what I weigh now or how much weight I've lost, they'll do their own math in their head and say to themselves "holy crap she was fat!!!" I don't need to be told that. I know. I carried it all.

Ruby- thank you so much for understanding. I knew this was the one place that I could come that everyone would understand my thinking. I told NOBODY EXCEPT MY DAUGHTER what my highest or surgery weight was. I was/am soooo ashamed of that. I do not honestly think that even after I get to goal and hopefully stay there that I will EVER tell anyone else. It is something that is SOOOOO painful and private for me. I am very very proud of myself for the weight that I lost and love the compliments but I just can not bring myself to tell anyone how much I have lost. My only response is always 'quite a bit but not enough yet.'

Congrats on looking in the mirror and liking the women looking back. Isn't it a wonderful feeling? Sometimes I find myself looking in the mirror and I am just like amazed at the difference. I take pictures every month and a couple times I skipped and waited 2 months. Damn it I have worked for my success and I want to be able to look back and say remember when and to show off my accomplishment. Hell I even printed a 'right before surgery' (8 days before) and 1 day before my last doctor appointment picture just so I could show my doctor my 'visual' accomplishment. LOL

Jackie, You are so close to getting into the 100's! Congratulations!

Brandy- thank you so much for the cheering. I really need it!!! You will be in the 140's soon also. My gosh that seems like a life time away for me. I am so happy for you!!!!

The people magazine thing. They said for 2-3 years that Star Jones never had surgery either and she finally outted herself this year. They are human just like us. You are right. Our band has helped but we did the work. We deserve the credit and that is why I have only told 4 people about my band. For me this has been such a personal struggle with my weight and I don't share a lot of personal things with many people. I have my VERY SELECT few that I told but I knew they would not judge and take credit away from me and credit it all to the band.

Well, this is really exciting.... I bought 5 prs of ankle length socks!! Woo Hoo!! Almost bought a robe at Sears... been looking for a real TERRY CLOTH robe... all you can find anymore is that synthetic stuff that is non-absorbant. I want terry cloth. I tried on an XL at Sears and it fit great, but only to the waist! Waist down was not good. I almost bought it anyways because it was 1/2 price, so only $30 and I really liked the color.. kind of bright cranberry color. But then I thought about where I'd store it until it fit better. I could wear it over my bathing suit but I'd probably be too self conscious about it not closing at the hips. But I was pretty impressed that the shoulders, chest & waist actually fit!

Phyl- Congrats on the robe and socks. You will be able to totally fit that 1X before long. You are doing wonderful!!!

About the hubby retiring. Mine is no where near that yet but I tell you a funny. The week of Christmas I had this brainy idea that him and I should take the whole week off for vacation and the kids (2 teenagers!! :ohmy:) would be home from school and we would have this great bonding time. LOL So we both got off the Friday before Christmas and none of us went back to work/school until January 2nd. OMG!!!!!!!!!! The first couple of days were ok and then of course it was Christmas Eve and we were all being very nice because it was Christmas and we were really happy to have each other and yada yada yada. Ok so then Christmas Day comes and we have no where to go and we had our gifts and etc on Christmas Eve so we had a meal and everyone was just kinda quiet and went our own ways in the house. The day after Christmas we were snipping at one another and getting REALLY irritated and each day it got a little worse. LOL The kids, teenagers mind you, were making comments that they couldn't wait to go back to school. DH kept telling me I should just go back to work there is nothing to do. It was a week of hell. LOL We love one another with all our hearts but too much time is just UNHEALTHY for us. LOL I told hubby that week that when he is old enough to retire he needs to be volunteering his time somewhere because we will have to get seperate living quarters other wise. :)

Living in the RV. 3 years ago when we moved in together I gave up my house and he had a small tralier house that we were having moved out and a bigger place moved into the spot. WHAT HELL!!!!! Ended up I gave up my house, his got moved out and the guy moving the new one in had something come up and he couldn't move the new house in for 2 1/2 weeks so we had to live in my in laws house (my in-laws live right next door:eek:. Wonderful people and we rarely see them but again it was too much time together.) It was the beginning of the school year for the kids. We had just moved back to this district because they wanted to go back to this school and I moved back for them even though I really wanted to stay where I was. Anyway, here we are no home, living in the in-laws (at the time we were not married yet so they were my BF's parents) RV right out front of their house in their drive way. NOT GOOD!!!! LOL All I can tell you is thank God we all lived through it. Kids and Hubby swore off of camping after that time. LOL Me I wanted to go camping but BY MYSELF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :smash::)