Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky # Sevens- July 07 Bandsters

22837_m.gif

Phyll - I'm assuming you're referring to a wet-suit/neoprene top thingy for swimming (we have those for the kids...even the indoor pools in Alaska are cold!). Here's the thing...you ARE working out, it's not like it would sit in a closet or become some sort of clothing rack (like so many of our treadmills), but you'd actually USE it. So I say, get it and then when it gets too big...take it to a tailor and have them take it in ...should cost less than $20 to do that. I think it would be a worthwile investment! :biggrin1:

There are 4 different fabrics. I'm going for the poly-lycra.

POLY is intended for warmth. Our original fabric is a comfy polyolefin-lycra blend with four-way stretch. It provides adequate warmth for most environments. Poly has the same comfortable feel and effect as wearing a sweater

It was sooooo cold this morning! I think I will order it!

Thanks for your input !

So I am thinking that I probably didn't make it to 800 calories today. I was at 440 before dinner. I did just get in a Protein Bar so that brings me to 520 and I had a bit of orange juice at 60. So unless there was 220 calories in 5 bites of refried Beans and 1 small piece of chicken from the mexican restaurant we ate at tonight, I don't think I made it. However I did get to 50 grams of Protein. Alright tomorrow, I am going to eat beans, beans, beans. That should get me some calories AND protein. I got in my exercise again today, but it was lackluster. I just don't have the energy. Maybe tomorrow will be better.

Karri

Beans should be good for you and help with the lackluster exercise - at least you exercised - this head cold is kicking by behind - so I didn't exercise yesterday. Heck I was in bed at 9 p.m. - I made navy bean Soup & had that for dinner - should have made chicken soup but didn't feel like going to the store...

OK where is everyone !!!!

Anyone doing anything fun for New Years??? Back in the day - I was at the club disco-ing .... Then it just got so crowded you couldn't move - and now a days you gotta worry about DUI's - where back in the day - it wasn't as tough as it is now...

You would never know it now - put I use to be a party girl - now just a stay at home kinda girl. See what age does.....

I will be home - with my fur babies and Dick Clark if I can even stay awake til midnight....

Nope we don't do anything for New Years. I don't like big crowds and I have been to one club in my life and lasted about 5 minutes! We will be celebrating New Years with New York (we are in Oregon) and then heading to bed! My BF has to work New Year's Day at 6:00 am so it is a normal bed time for us. Well I don't know if I did any better today eating wise or not. I ate the rest of my refried Beans from dinner last night and had a Protein bar. Now I am making some extra meaty, pastaless lasagna for dinner. The only thing I wish was different about the Protein Powder is that you could heat it. I am not a big fan of cold foods, so that is why I never remember the protein powder.

I did get another day of exercise in, so I only have one left for the challenge. It looks as if I am going to meet both of the challenges. I was down another pound this morning. That makes 6 pounds since my fill. I kind of hope that it slows down a bit. I know that losing that quickly is not healthy. I need to get more Water in too, because right now I am having to choose between water and eating. I am choosing eating right now because I need some energy. It still kind of bothers me to drink stuff with liquids in it. I'm such a rule follower!

Hope everyone else had a good day.

Very quiet here today! I've been lurking around. Didn't do much today after Water aerobics this morning.

No plans here for New Years Eve either. We've talked about a couple of things... "dance" at our other park down the road... don't know very many people there, though. Chapel has a "watch party" in the evening... Snacks and watch the NYC celebration on big projection TV. But, so far, not much motivation to do anything or go anywhere. We learned how to play "Mexican Train" last night. Maybe we can find someone to play again before we forget the rules!!

When I was in college, I majored in barhopping and partying. Then I got married, had kids and then got old. Staying home and hoping that the neighbors guns and fireworks don't wake me up. I really need my sleep at my age. (LOL)

Karri - Why can't you use Protein powder hot? Is there some reason. I used to add it to spaghetti sauce and stuff like that. You couldn't taste it and I am still alive. I wish I would just start losing again. I've been on a plateau for about 7 weeks now.

Karri - Why can't you use Protein powder hot? Is there some reason. I used to add it to spaghetti sauce and stuff like that. You couldn't taste it and I am still alive. I wish I would just start losing again. I've been on a plateau for about 7 weeks now.

The directions say that I am not supposed to heat it past 130 degrees. I haven't experimented with it to see what happens if I do. I would assume that it would denature the Proteins and make them have an odd texture. I am using the Unjury protein powder. Did you use a different kind that was resistant to heat? If so, could you send me the name of it?

Hi-

I was just wondering how I become an official July bandster. I'd love to keep in touch with others who have had the surgery around the same time as me. I am at a palteau and am having a hard time. I really would like to see "onederland" before Jan 01, 2008 , but to do that I would need to do something really unhealthy. I haven't come this far to mess it up now.

I saw my doc yesterday and he said that in starvation mode, my metabolism has slowed so much. I need to kick start it, but just don't have the energy to do anything after 12 hours at work 5 days a week. Anyone have any suggestions.

Thanks

Hi-

I was just wondering how I become an official July bandster. I'd love to keep in touch with others who have had the surgery around the same time as me. I am at a palteau and am having a hard time. I really would like to see "onederland" before Jan 01, 2008 , but to do that I would need to do something really unhealthy. I haven't come this far to mess it up now.

I saw my doc yesterday and he said that in starvation mode, my metabolism has slowed so much. I need to kick start it, but just don't have the energy to do anything after 12 hours at work 5 days a week. Anyone have any suggestions.

Thanks

First, welcome! This is a great group. As you can see, I didn't even have surgery in July and I still come here:D. Don't do anything unhealthy to get to onederland. Is it a great feeling? Yes, but certainly not worth doing anything unhealthy. It will come. This is not a race, bur rather just a road to health. If the doc says that you are in starvation mode, that means that you are not eating enough. If you could give us more information about what you are doing, we will certainly give you some pointers on what you could change to become successful. For example, how much are you eating, what types of foods are you eating, about how many calories and grams of Protein are you eating, are you drinking calories, and any exercise that you are getting. Believe me, I understand the long hours. I am a chemistry teacher and have pretty much said that I am not going back into teaching because I am tired of the 12-16 hour days.

Hope to hear back from you, and welcome!

Hello Lucky7's!

I hope you all had a wonderful holiday. I made it through and only managed to gain a pound (which I've already re-lost) so I feel I did pretty darn good. On Christmas Eve I had 1/2 of a tamale along with some Beans & rice (of course chips & salsa too) and Grandma sent a bunch of tamales home with us so the next day I had 1 for lunch and again for dinner and snacked on bits of chocolate here & there throughout the day. Yup, not the best food choices I know but what I consumed was still within "moderation" and nowhere near what I would have consumed without the band so no guilty feelings here. :rolleyes:

No plans for New Years Eve ... I can't remember the last time I went out on New Years. I prefer to stay home, safe and away from all the crazies out on the roads.

Wishing each of you a Happy New Year filled with much band success! :biggrin1:

Forgot to ask if anyone else has experienced this .....

For the past week or so I've been walking each evening for about 30 minutes. It's been really cold here, I'm actually getting some use out of my jacket, gloves & scarf (things us Southern Californians generally have no use for! :)) so last night I went on my walk then came home and "tried" to eat dinner. My band was so tight, nothing would go down! Is it possible being in the cold air outside caused it to tighten up?? I loosened it up with a cup of coffee and then ate a hard boiled egg (slowwwlyyyy) but thought it was weird as that has never happened before. :rolleyes:

Hi-

Thanks

:welcome2: :welcomeB: :welcome2:

You're doing great! If your doctor says you're in starvation mode, you probably need to up your calories. It works! I experienced that when I was on a pre-op diet and I was restricting myself to 500 caolories a day. Your body wants to store everything when it thinks you're starving it. Some people use the induction phase of Adkins to jump start their weight loss when they get stalled and they say that works well.

If you like hanging out here with us, just use the "Quick Links" above and choose "subscribe to this thread". Then you should get email updates whenever someone posts.

Forgot to ask if anyone else has experienced this .....

For the past week or so I've been walking each evening for about 30 minutes. It's been really cold here, I'm actually getting some use out of my jacket, gloves & scarf (things us Southern Californians generally have no use for! :)) so last night I went on my walk then came home and "tried" to eat dinner. My band was so tight, nothing would go down! Is it possible being in the cold air outside caused it to tighten up?? I loosened it up with a cup of coffee and then ate a hard boiled egg (slowwwlyyyy) but thought it was weird as that has never happened before. :rolleyes:

Makes sense to me, BlooEyez. I imagine the cold air could do that.

Where in So CA are you?? Janet probably asked you that before and I forgot! She is in Indio and I am in Desert Hot Springs.

Makes sense to me, BlooEyez. I imagine the cold air could do that.

Where in So CA are you?? Janet probably asked you that before and I forgot! She is in Indio and I am in Desert Hot Springs.

I am in Sun City