Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky # Sevens- July 07 Bandsters

Kathy, I'm so sorry that your Dad is going downhill so fast. I moved home in 2004 to take care of my Mom while she was dying of cancer. It was a very sad time, but I'm so glad I was able to be there with her.

Jackie, Your pics look so good!

Everyone seems to be doing so well with their weight loss!

Hey Brandy,

I was looking at your stats and noticed that I was banded the same time you were and started at the same BMI. We have lost about the same amount of weight and I am also moving out of size 14s. I bought a size 32 waist pair of Seven jeans....and now they are tooo big. What was I thinking...I should have waited. Are you in Dallas area? I am in Frisco.

We should get together sometime and chat!!

Michelle

Hi there! I'm not too far from Dallas. I've got several size 32 jeans, but they don't fit yet. And I've got a size 28 pair of Levi's that I've never, ever worn in my life. I think a girl friend gave them to me in College as a goal while I was dieting and never got that last ten pounds off to fit into them. Mainly, I've got 12's and 10's to wear next.

Won't be losing any weight this week, however, as I've consumed more calories in the last two days than since I took a cruise in November. But, it all works out. I feel pretty good and my skin is doing pretty well, though it is sagging in a few places. I still have high hopes that it is all going to get back into shape with me!

Take care and happy holidays!

Kathy, Glad you got yourself something nice at Coldwater Creek, don't they just have the most beautiful colored sweaters there! I'm glad your husband is sparkling at you!!!

Have a Merry Christmas!

Just got back from spending Christmas with the grandbabies. Had a great time. Hope all here had a Very Merry Christmas and I do hope noone overdid it with the eating. I am afraid I did. But, we have a new year starting and when I think of where I was a year ago I can't believe how far I have come. I haven't missed a day of pedaling yet this month. Two days only went for 30 minutes but put in over an hour all the other days. Haven't done it yet today though.

Jackie : WOO HOO GIRL...........Looking good

Kathybad; I feel for you. Went thru something similar with my dad. It is rough.

Indio: Love the smilies. I have to chuckle at them.

Phyll: Sorry you ,issed seeing your daughter this holiday. I have to admit that being able to spend it with my two grandbabes had to be the best!! Gavin is pushing three and he is almost forty pounds of trouble and the baby, Karina is just 4 months old and too cute for words. I do miss my oldest granddaughter Jayli who is now celebrating Jesus' birthday with the man himself. She would have been seven next week if she lived.

EVERYONE ! ! ! hAVE A BLESSED CHRISTMAS...........and tomorrow, we all get back on track.

Happy day after Christmas !!!!

6 days left til the New Year and our 6 month anniversaries...

Had a good day yesterday - ate some ham and now my eyes are super puffy - gotta get that Water in today...

Cookies all gone - had 10 limit.. New Year New Us...

Well, gotta make sure all my 1/1 renewals get bound before Friday

So back to work I go... Will ck in later

Good Morning, Well I did end up feeling stuffed after my Christmas dinner last night, but it is not because I ate badly. I had 1 tablespoon each of sweet potatoes, regular potatoes and stuffing, along with MAYBE an ounce of chicken. The potatoes did not want to go down and it took me almost an hour too eat all of that. However, I had not eaten much during the day and knew I needed some nutrients. My fill is REALLY tight. Not tight enough to warrant going back and getting an unfill...yet. However, I have heard of the fill "kicking in" and getting tighter after a week or so. If that happens I would have to go back in. Right now I am just reaping the rewards of never being hungry. In fact, I have already lost my 5 pounds for the Christmas Challenge. :whoo: Of course I will have to maintain that until Jan 2, but at this point, I don't see that being a problem.

I was so thankful having this band during Christmas. This truly is the first year I have not gained. When I was on Atkins, I always went off for Christmas and that meant a 10-15 pound gain almost overnight. Mostly Water, but still. This year I have lost at least 5 since christmas break started at school. I have always been the one to cook Christmas dinner since I was 10 (my grandma helped in the early years), but for the first time, there was a lot of food to serve. My grandma always said that you had to taste the food before you could serve it and I apparently took that as I must eat a full meal before you could serve it.:faint:. However, last night when I was cooking, I didn't taste one thing. I knew if I did, I wouldn't be able to sit down and eat cause I would be WAY to full. So I told my BF that if he was concerned about anything that he should taste it before I served it. I think he did taste the sweet potatoes, but not because he was concerned, but rather just wanted to eat them! Well I am off to plan lessons so that I can have some extra time when school actually starts again.

Happy Boxing Day!!!

It's our 'Nutso" shopping day here in Canada, kinda like your day after Thanksgiving Nov26th... whadya call it? Black Friday?

Anyway I tried to nail my DH foot to the floor to keep him from going shopping!! As we havn't opened our Christmas gifts yet. The kids can't get here until the weekend plus with my Mom's illness Crisis and Relatives Funeral it just seemed like a good idea to post pone.

Anyways, He goes out and buys BOOTS!!! I already have a pair for him under the tree! He does this to me every year, he either goes out 4 days before Xmas and buys something that "I" was thinking of buying him... argh!

Oh well, hope he kept the receipts.

VERY cold here today, yesturday was zero Celcius and today it's -15 degrees... Ice on everything outside. Trees look very pretty though.

Have a great day everyone and Happy Restricted New Year

1/4 cup of food...That is now my limit. I just had some lunch and I barely got down that much food. So this is what true restriction feels like huh? I never had very much restriction after the first fill, I just was never hungry which is what kept me from eating. Now, however, I can't eat if I wanted to! YIPEE! I may have to add some sort of Protein Drink if I can't get enough food. I love this feeling. I do think that I want to go to some sort of nutritionist though, since the visit with mine was a whirlwind. I don't know if I ever posted this here, but I decided to have the surgery in mid-July, had my consultation/nutritionist visit August 8 at 1:00 pm and then surgery the NEXT DAY at 6:30 am. So as you can see, there were a lot of emotions (and eating) that day so I don't really remember what my nutritionist said. My insurance won't cover it so, I need to find someone that is not too expensive. Well back to planning lessons.

1/4 cup of food...That is now my limit. I just had some lunch and I barely got down that much food. So this is what true restriction feels like huh? I never had very much restriction after the first fill, I just was never hungry which is what kept me from eating. Now, however, I can't eat if I wanted to! YIPEE! I may have to add some sort of Protein drink if I can't get enough food. I love this feeling. I do think that I want to go to some sort of nutritionist though, since the visit with mine was a whirlwind. I don't know if I ever posted this here, but I decided to have the surgery in mid-July, had my consultation/nutritionist visit August 8 at 1:00 pm and then surgery the NEXT DAY at 6:30 am. So as you can see, there were a lot of emotions (and eating) that day so I don't really remember what my nutritionist said. My insurance won't cover it so, I need to find someone that is not too expensive. Well back to planning lessons.

Karri - Only 1/4 cup - are you able to get all your Protein in?? You are really going to be shedding the lbs now.. Be carefull though - I am worried that you may not be getting enough food in.. Also it can take 2 weeks for the fill to hit it's max tightness. Make sure you take your vitimans & calcuim... Are you only eating 3 meals or 6 mini meals... How many calories are you getting..

Hope everyone had a great Christmas...Mine was good, truthfully, Im just glad its over. The kids were happy with their gifts, and thats all that really mattered to me.

Kathy...so sorry about what you are going thru with your dad. My mom (48 yrs old) was diagnosed with Small Cell Lung Cancer in January 07. It has since then spread to her brain and neck. She is doing okay right now, doing her treatments and such. I lost a son to neuroblastoma cancer back in 99 and thought that would be the worse thing to happen to me, but now with mama sick, I think if something happens to her it could be just as bad. My prayers are with you sweetie...

Jackie...look at you in that (L) Jacket..Looks good girl, way to sport it!!!

Janet....im loving the smileys too...Just adds fun to the page if you ask me...

Holla outs to everyone I didnt mention...

Did you know that ham and macaroni is hard to get thru the band, BUT sugar Cookies just slide on thru???

Karri - Only 1/4 cup - are you able to get all your Protein in?? You are really going to be shedding the lbs now.. Be carefull though - I am worried that you may not be getting enough food in.. Also it can take 2 weeks for the fill to hit it's max tightness. Make sure you take your vitimans & calcuim... Are you only eating 3 meals or 6 mini meals... How many calories are you getting..

Believe me. I am having the same concerns that you are. I have really only been on solid foods for the last 2 days and have been more worried about getting in foods than counting calories. Tomorrow I am going to really count all the nutrients that I am getting. I would suspect that I am getting about 600-800 calories a day. I know, not enough. I am going to have to eat more than 3 meals a day in order to get anything in. Funny though, I can eat the chicken but not potatoes. I don't even attempt to eat anything before noon right now. I tried to eat some eggs yesterday and it literally took me an hour to eat 1 egg with some feta cheese. I have to eat a few bites wait a little bit and then eat some more. As for Vitamins I found one that is as small as my birth control pill so I have been faithfully taking that. Calcium usually isn't a problem because I eat cheese (can't drink milk since surgery) but since I can't get that down, I am eating tums! My concern is getting in all the Water. Since I have to eat so often to get the calories in, I have found it difficult to get in the liquids. On a good note, my doc sent me home with a sterilized package needle in case my fill gets too tight (or I get lodged like the last time). That way I can take it to the hospital and they can do an emergency unfill. Right now the mountain passes have been hit by several storms and driving is not great. I just keep assuming that it will ease up shortly. It is weird, they actually put in less than I had during my first fill, so we didn't think that it would be too tight! SO when people ask how filled you are, you REALLY can't make a comparison. Cause if you are unfilled and then refilled, it can be a totally different number!! When I left the doc they had me schedule another fill on Jan 21st because they were being conservative :) and didn't want me to be loose for too long. Yeah I don't think I will be needing that fill.

You are right though, the pounds will probably be leaping off, but I would rather have it slow and be healthy. I can't afford to lose hair. My hair was falling out BEFORE surgery and the rapid weight loss (while good for the waistline and mental health) is not good for the hairline. My BF is bringing home some chicken broth so that I can blend up last nights dinner and make soup!

Thanks for the concern. I promise not to do anything to put me at risk. I did this for health reasons so I am CERTAINLY not going to do anything to hurt my health.

Believe me. I am having the same concerns that you are. I have really only been on solid foods for the last 2 days and have been more worried about getting in foods than counting calories. Tomorrow I am going to really count all the nutrients that I am getting. I would suspect that I am getting about 600-800 calories a day. I know, not enough. I am going to have to eat more than 3 meals a day in order to get anything in. Funny though, I can eat the chicken but not potatoes. I don't even attempt to eat anything before noon right now. I tried to eat some eggs yesterday and it literally took me an hour to eat 1 egg with some feta cheese. I have to eat a few bites wait a little bit and then eat some more. As for Vitamins I found one that is as small as my birth control pill so I have been faithfully taking that. Calcium usually isn't a problem because I eat cheese (can't drink milk since surgery) but since I can't get that down, I am eating tums! My concern is getting in all the Water. Since I have to eat so often to get the calories in, I have found it difficult to get in the liquids. On a good note, my doc sent me home with a sterilized package needle in case my fill gets too tight (or I get lodged like the last time). That way I can take it to the hospital and they can do an emergency unfill. Right now the mountain passes have been hit by several storms and driving is not great. I just keep assuming that it will ease up shortly. It is weird, they actually put in less than I had during my first fill, so we didn't think that it would be too tight! SO when people ask how filled you are, you REALLY can't make a comparison. Cause if you are unfilled and then refilled, it can be a totally different number!! When I left the doc they had me schedule another fill on Jan 21st because they were being conservative :) and didn't want me to be loose for too long. Yeah I don't think I will be needing that fill.

You are right though, the pounds will probably be leaping off, but I would rather have it slow and be healthy. I can't afford to lose hair. My hair was falling out BEFORE surgery and the rapid weight loss (while good for the waistline and mental health) is not good for the hairline. My BF is bringing home some chicken broth so that I can blend up last nights dinner and make soup!

Thanks for the concern. I promise not to do anything to put me at risk. I did this for health reasons so I am CERTAINLY not going to do anything to hurt my health.

Karri

I have read a lot where people are only eating 800 calories a day - as long as you can get all your Protein in and water - that should be ok

What Vitamin did you find that small - I have chewables - but I don't much care for them. I would love to take a tiny pill.

That's funny you can eat chicken but not potatoes.

I have read that if the er doc can't hit the port you want a chemo nurse to unfill you as they are more familiar with ports - fyi just in case..

Well, I just want to make sure that you don't get under nourished and I guess I still think with my old brain – ¼ cup of food isn’t enough to keep you alive :confused:

xoxox

J

I got mine at albertson's (I don't know if they have them in CA). They were store brand. I can't do the chewable vitamins! They taste like $&*#$. This was the only way I would do Vitamins. I am actually taking 2 a day right now.

I just got back from my son's house - DIL & I made 20 lbs of tamales..

I absolutely LOVE tamales! When I lived in New Mexico the housekeeper of my boss would make them for Christmas for us...yum!!! Hard to find a good tamale in Kansas sometimes, but we do have several ladies who will make them if ordered. I just need to learn how, or maybe not - they could be too tempting. I usually get my chile fix from my garden, but didn't get one planted this past year - am already planning one for this spring - just HAVE to have my green chile, jalapeno, and ancho chiles...

Hey Body Buggers - just wanting to know how your buggs are working out for you - hadn't heard much lately and was curious. I've thought about getting one, but REALLY want to make sure it's a good investment. Thanks for your input! Kim