Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky # Sevens- July 07 Bandsters

Wow!!! Everyone is doing so great! What a great x-mas this will be!!!

Well, I am embarassed to admit I haven't been posting much because my will power is fading quickly during these 'eating' times. Boy, I have been indulging in Cookies and other goodies every day, even after I promised myself no sugar during weekdays. Oh, boy, can't wait for this season to be over. I haven't gained weight but haven't lost it either.

So I will make it my New Year's resolution to lose another 10 lbs. and then keep it off during the rest of the year. I need to work on my head. I am terrified of going back to my old ways. I can't let that happen, I won't.

This is a VERY challenging time of year... I too have had trouble with the sweet stuff. I have no restriction right now, and feel unbanded... so I guess I'm feeling a tad sorry for myself... not a possitive mindset for a BANDSTER.

So lets be Bander Buddies, wanna get some help and support? PM and let me know o.k.

Yeah, Dini is back from her trip.

Wow, you had lots of excitement... oh and your picture is awesome. You are beautiful, but those eyes!!! My you do have a devilish twinkle there girl.

I totally know what you mean about traveling companions who are S_L_O_W, late, or get drunk too much and miss dinner... it can be very irritating. You never know someone until you share a hotel room for a week. ARGH!

My last trip with the 'girls' was to Puerto Vallarta Mexico and my room mate and I had been friends for decades... I knew she was a clothes horse but GOD I didn't know she expected me to wait while she took 2 hours to dress and put on makeup!

And we were just going to the beach!!! Plus she was on the prowl and I am happily married... big difference. Ah but you live and learn eh?

So now that you've been across the pond to New York you must try Canada next. Montreal or Toronto are both nice large cities.... Spring, Summer or Fall.... don't come in our winter as you'd not be used to it. Its beautiful but only if you come from here and are used to playing in the snow.

Forget Rednecks, here is what Jeff Foxworthy has to say about

:kiss Canuks:

> If your local Dairy Queen is closed from September through May,

> you may live in Canada.

> If someone in a Home Depot store offers you assistance and they

> don't work there, you may live in Canada. (because we are so friendly)

> If you've worn shorts and a parka at the same time, you may live in

Canada

> If you've had a lengthy telephone conversation with someone who

dialed a wrong number, you may live in Canada

If "Vacation" means going anywhere south of Muncie for the weekend,

you may live in Canada.

If you measure distance in hours, you may live in Canada

If you know several people who have hit a deer more than once, you

may live in Canada

If you have switched from "heat" to "A/C" in the same day and back

again, you may live in Canada

If you can drive 90 kms/hr through 2 feet of snow during a raging

blizzard without flinching, you may live in Canada

If you install security lights on your house and garage, but leave

both unlocked, you may live in Canada

If you carry jumpers in your car and your wife knows how to use

them, you may live in Canada

If you design your kid's Halloween costume to fit over a snowsuit,

you may live in Canada

If the speed limit on the highway is 80km -- you're going 90 and

everybody is passing you, you may live in Canada

If driving is better in the winter because the potholes are filled

with snow, you may live in Canada

If you know all 4 seasons: almost winter, winter, still winter and

road construction, you may live in Canada

If you have more miles on your snow blower than your car, you may

live in Canada.

If you find 2 degrees "a little chilly", you may live in Canada

If you actually understand these jokes, and forward them to all

your Canadian friends & others, you definitely live in Canada

Dini, Let me echo Janet I think it was in saying you are HOT!!!! Wow! I'd like to see a before picture of you, but I mean WOW!To be 24 again!!!!

NSV, tried on an XS, extra small, sweater yesterday and it was too big!!!! Let Freedom Ring! :)

Brandy - Yes I wouldn't mind being 24 again - but I would want to know what I know now - youth is wasted on the young... No offense Dini but you still have a lot to learn (or well most 24 yr olds do)...

GREAT NSV XTRA SMALLL OMG - WHATS THAT :P

This is a VERY challenging time of year... I too have had trouble with the sweet stuff. I have no restriction right now, and feel unbanded... so I guess I'm feeling a tad sorry for myself... not a possitive mindset for a BANDSTER.

So lets be Bander Buddies, wanna get some help and support? PM and let me know o.k.

Peaches - we are all human - even skinny people over eat sweets this time of yr - ya gotta do like me and have a plan - ok I will eat these Cookies but tonite infront of the t.v. instead of just sitting I will stand and walk in place - do you know that figgeters burn more calories than those who sit still... Get up and move - put some little weight by your couch and do arm exercises - while watching t.v. - also - if you have sweets during the day - then cut the carbs from your dinner.. You can do this - you really can - So far I have just said no to my drug of choice but ask me on Sunday how I did after making Cookies on Saturday..

My you do have a devilish twinkle there girl.

My last trip with the 'girls' was to Puerto Vallarta Mexico and my room mate and I had been friends for decades... I knew she was a clothes horse but GOD I didn't know she expected me to wait while she took 2 hours to dress and put on makeup! And we were just going to the beach!!! Plus she was on the prowl and I am happily married... big difference. Ah but you live and learn eh? .

Peaches - I really dislike women who do this just to go to the BEACH OMG come on now ... They look so fake - I really hate that whole fake persona = e being on the prowl- if they don't like me in my beach attire tough luck... I understand going out at nite and taking your time to get ready cuz you are suppose to look good - but again - I sure and the hell don't ever want to come off as a desparate divorcee -

Love the Canuks humor...

Peaches - only one applies to me- if you switch from A/C to heat on a daily basis, you may live in N.O.

We were in the 80's Sat. and 40's Monday, back to 80's by tomorrow

Indio - O.K. you're scaring the crap outta me,

We're both the same height. I am a teacher, my bedroom is two rooms and one is lavender, I bought a box of See's for Christmas

However, business classes were always a no no for me, yuck

I took economics and thought I was gonna die.

And P.S. - 5:05 at the gym, OMG!!!!!! Your dedicated!!!!!!

Dini - I Chee Whaaa Whaaaa

Indio - O.K. you're scaring the crap outta me,

We're both the same height. I am a teacher, my bedroom is two rooms and one is lavender, I bought a box of See's for Christmas

However, business classes were always a no no for me, yuck

I took economics and thought I was gonna die. And P.S. - 5:05 at the gym, OMG!!!!!! Your dedicated!!!!!!

Mango - Does your grandma live with you :) Business classes where in high school - I loved business economics loved my teacher Coach Rose - he called me his 115 PA System... but again we are talking high school freshman classes which was 36 yrs ago... It was funny cuz I remember arguing against insurance and gave a pretty good arguement - and now that's what i do for a living...

Yep - I am dedicated 98% of the time - I really love losing this weight

You guys just don't know how much better I feel and I realize that at 250 I WAS ASHAMED of how I looked - I would never have admitted that then - would have told you I was happy - but i really wasn't - it's funny how you can fool yourself - or at least try too.

I am looking forward to my upcomming concerts - I just feel sooo much better and ya the saying nothing taste as good as thin feels (not really thin yet but thinner and on my way) is so very true...

I really don't miss too much all that food i use to eat (well sometimes i do) but this feels so much better than the taste of food ...

So I was in such a down mood yesterday. Couldn't stop crying all day. I missed eating (MAJOR HEAD HUNGER) and I was tired of working (I put in a 16 hour day), and I had a bad dream about my mom. I would start crying at the drop of a hat. So I went home and I ate A cookie. Not 10, not 20, but 1. I did feel better and I didn't feel one bit of guilt. I also went back to a more balanced meal and yep the scale went up, but only by 0.5 pounds. Before when I would go off of Atkins I would jump 5 pounds in 1 day. I really am learning to eat in moderation and it feels so good. My students have been commenting that I have been losing a lot of weight, so that is nice. Also, I tried on a pair of pants this morning and they are 14's. Now they are Lane Bryant 14, but still a 14.

Dini - :eek:An extra small.... I was happy when an extra large fit:biggrin1:

So I was in such a down mood yesterday. Couldn't stop crying all day. I missed eating (MAJOR HEAD HUNGER) and I was tired of working (I put in a 16 hour day), and I had a bad dream about my mom. I would start crying at the drop of a hat. So I went home and I ate A cookie. Not 10, not 20, but 1. I did feel better and I didn't feel one bit of guilt. I also went back to a more balanced meal and yep the scale went up, but only by 0.5 pounds. Before when I would go off of Atkins I would jump 5 pounds in 1 day. I really am learning to eat in moderation and it feels so good. My students have been commenting that I have been losing a lot of weight, so that is nice. Also, I tried on a pair of pants this morning and they are 14's. Now they are Lane Bryant 14, but still a 14. Dini - :eek:An extra small.... I was happy when an extra large fit:biggrin1:

Karri :):girl_hug::P:girl_hug::girl_hug::girl_hug::girl_hug:

I am sorry for your sadness yesterday - I think we all miss food espeically when we are in one of our moods... I am glad you had no guitl over that one stupid cookie - it's shouldn't cause any guilt..

a 14 is a 14 BE HAPPY GREAT NSV SIZE 14:clap2:

So I was in such a down mood yesterday. Couldn't stop crying all day. I missed eating (MAJOR HEAD HUNGER) and I was tired of working (I put in a 16 hour day), and I had a bad dream about my mom. I would start crying at the drop of a hat. So I went home and I ate A cookie. Not 10, not 20, but 1. I did feel better and I didn't feel one bit of guilt. I also went back to a more balanced meal and yep the scale went up, but only by 0.5 pounds. Before when I would go off of Atkins I would jump 5 pounds in 1 day. I really am learning to eat in moderation and it feels so good. My students have been commenting that I have been losing a lot of weight, so that is nice. Also, I tried on a pair of pants this morning and they are 14's. Now they are Lane Bryant 14, but still a 14.

Dini - :eek:An extra small.... I was happy when an extra large fit:biggrin1:

This is a tricy time of year for emotions... go let yourself have a bad day... You managed "the" cookie beautifully... One is an awesome accomplishment.

Indio - O.K. this is freaky, My Grandmaw doesn't live with me but my mother does, and her name is Rose.... Rosemary.

Can you hear the twilight zone music?

Karri - I bought missy 14 for Thanksgiving. Well I couldn't find them Sat. I was looking everywhere. When I found them, I looked at the tag inside. They're not a 14, they're a 16. What da hell? I told everybody I bought a 14. I musta been drunk. At least it's regular 16's and not Womens, so that's something. I was in stretch women's 18's.

Just found out my Christmas party is tonight. I really thought it was tomorrow. I had this very hectic week mapped out. Now all planning is for naught.

Well I'm leaving work now. TTFN

Keep the pics coming, I love em...

Some of these pics, makes it hard to believe you people were ever "overweight".

Im sure everyones like me and wants clothes clothes clothes for Christmas. Hell, everything I own is too big including my panties.

Myself, Im looking forward to the extra long weekends that are coming up due to the holidays. I need a break from this place. Not a whole lot going on with me as far as weight wise, sitting at 153 STILL. I drove myself nuts wanting to be under 160, and now I want to be under 150. Will it ever stop? My DH says I can weigh 100 pounds and I will still find somewhere on my body that needs to lose some more "fat". I dont mean to be this way, but I can tell that losing weight is my new addiction. Its just so fun....(and easy) lol

Actually my dad wanted to get my clothes for Christmas but I told him right now it is pointless. I am still not close to my goal weight so I am just going to try and alter some of my clothing so that it fits. I am losing size so quickly that something that is too tight today may fit nicely next week and be falling off the week after. (YES A VERY GOOD PROBLEM TO HAVE!) I refuse to wear clothes that make me look like the marshmallow man! I am not workin' this hard to still look like I am 50 pounds heavier because my clothes fluff out. Hey now we can say that it is just the shirt that makes us look fat and mean it! I could button the pants that I am wearing today "uncomfortably" on Friday of last week. Today they fit just fine. HOLY COW that is only 4 days. I love this little band even if is not filled right now. Keep thinking Friday and it will come soon enough. I NEED A FILL!

Hi there, Your numbers in July look very similar to mine, except that you have done much better in the w/loss dept. But I am hopefull that the New Year I will be better restricted and able to lose again.

Funny about the pictures and weight loss, I still feel very fat even though people who have known me for a long time keep telling me how much I have lost and that I look great... it is still NOT what I see when I look in the mirror.

Guess that will be something else I'll work on in the future...

Today, I am just grateful to be alive. Healthy and on a better road in life.

Best of the Season to everyone!

Hey, Peaches & Kathybad.... and anyone else who is interested, someone just sent me an email about the "smallest house in Toronto" currently on the market. Pictures are pretty interesting. If you want me to forward it to you, PM me with your preferred email address. It's a pretty cute little house. Interesting pictures.