Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky # Sevens- July 07 Bandsters

Phyl, size 18's are awesome!!! I'll be saving some more clothes for you if you wish.... you're closing in right behind me!

Hello ladies. Just quickly checking in. I seem to be so busy these days. I still haven't caught up on all the posts since the weekend, just quickly browsed over a couple.

Jackie, welcome home. I'm glad you're back here amongst us.

Phyl, size 18? WOWZERS! You go girl! :wub:

I've still been keeping up with food logging on daily plate and need to work harder at keeping my cals in the right zone. I seem to either be way over or way under. :wub: I don't know how to plan properly for the days I'm hungrier than others, or the days where nothing wants to go through my band. :redface:

I still haven't been able to figure out how to slow down on my exercise. :w00t:

Anyway, gotta dash.....

Hi ladies! Hope you all had a good night's sleep and are having a great morning so far. Kids are off to daycare and I'm starting to plan my day. I have a million things I should do. Just have to decide which I want to.

I worked really hard yesterday to push the liquids and not munch like I had been. I pretty much stayed on track. I don't know why I am not getting the liquid in. It seems just crazy that I have to TALK MYSELF INTO IT everyday. What is up with that?

Ruby, I'm amazed at how active you are. I've been thinking about it and came to the conclusion that if all that exercise is what is making you happy then as long as you are staying healthy I say go for it. I just worry about you staying healthy. We have all spent a long time doing a lot of unhealthy things....now you have found some much more healthy pastimes. Good for you.

Phyl, how exciting for you to fit in a size 18 swim suit! I know that when I fit myself for a swimsuit I always size up for them. So you are really going to be dropping sizes like pancakes in the very near future! Super you!!!!

Okay....I'd better go get something accomplished. Have a wonderful day ladies!

Phyl size 18 is awsome!!! You look so good in the last pictures you posted. Just think of where you will be when you travel home after the winter!!

Steph congrats on the new addition to your family. I didn't know about special collars for grey houds. Do you know why?

Ruby-thanks so much for the welcome home. I really do feel better the last couple of days after being here. It has been so long! How is your son and hubby doing. Are you still planning to move or did you by now?!?!

Kari-I agree with you about the band tightening up. When I am really stressed out or have a lot emotinally going on I can barely get anything down. I haven't had a filled in about 2 1/2-3 months. I do have to say though that I think I am ready for one because I am eating more and hungry a lot more. Luckily I haven't gained anything back knock on wood, but I am scheduled next Thursday for the fill.

Now if I missed anyone it DEFINATELY is not purposely. I have been trying to read and catch up but unfortunately it was almost the whole summer and I don't think I will be able to catch up.

See look where I am today (in the middle of a workday). I have all these things on my desk but I wanted to check here. I am so glad I am home and I have that feeling of 'completion' again. You know I was feeling more and more alone each day since not being here but I feel ok now. I feel like I can look and say 'hey it is going to be alright. You will get to goal and you will get the rest of your life put together.' Thanks everyone. 11_6_103.gif

Candice- Out of bed - Gym before work :w00t:

Steph - See how much I know- and aren't you such a good mommy training your dogs so welll - it just goes to show you - i train mine like I do my kids - not the best displanariay out there :redface: but it works ok - except when bear sits there with his toys wanting to play fetch - or doing his running game - when it's time to get in bed..

Jackie - I ck here often even when I am buried at work - it helps keep me sane..

Ruby - Sit down Friday nites (or whatever night before you go food shopping) and plan a menu for the week - That's how I do it.. I know on Sunday night what I will be eating all week long..

Jackie, you hang in there. Of course, we are here for you. Please take care of yourself. You are strong and can handle this and will succeed. You are doing awesome on your weight loss. The rest will fall into place.

I just got to the point where my BMI is in the overweight range and not obese. I haven't weighed in this area in over 11 years.

So far I have ridden my bike a total of 300 miles with 100 of that for the month of October through 10/6.

Phyll - Size 18...........That is fantastic!!! I wanted to take a bathing suit to my reunion cause I know they have a hot tub and pool but I know the one I have won't fit and since Oct. in Michigan isn't exactly swimming weather, I went on line and found a basic black one piece at Target for 9.00. I ordered a L and an XL cause I have no idea what will fit. I'll send back the one that doesn't fit.

Steph - have fun with your new dog. After having to take ours to be put down, I'm done with them. Let the kids have them. I'll dog sit if needed, but I just don't want the hassle of dogs. Of course, if I do get a dog, I want a little one like Janets'.

Jackie - good to have you back/ Just keep checking in and say HI once in a while. We're here for you.

Everyone else - You're all doing great. Keep up the good work and good choices.

Check back later.

Arrived in our RV park at Sky Valley today.

It's really good to be back!

A couple of the year round residents greeted us and were glad to have us back. Others arriving in the next few days and weeks.

It's HOT!! Janet said it would be!

We're getting settled in. TV was a priority because DH doesn't want to miss the debates tonight. As you can see, I've already figured out the internet. I was concerned about how we'd connect this year! Neighbors always let us on their network, but they have DirectWave dish and it's not compatible with Vista. Since we both have new computers in the past year, we both have Vista so can't get on! Park has Wi-Fi. I think the service is iffy, but so far, so good. I paid for 7 days. If it works okay consistently, I'll sign up by the month. But neighbors say Time-Warner cable is being installed, so... may be changing to that.

I'm sure we'll be back to Water aerobics in the morning. So glad we had a few days to "warm up" while at our friends'.

Just a quickie to post Calories IN today.... 1080

Off to watch the OBAMA / McCain debate...

Just a quickie to post Calories IN today.... 1080

Off to watch the OBAMA / McCain debate...

I'm impressed that you are watching the debate!! Me, too, but I"m not Canadian! I appreciate your interest! DH wants to go down to the pool when it's over. I don't feel too motivated & don't know if I have the energy, but I don't think I'm being given a choice.

I haven't been counting calories. But I do know I got my Water in today. I emptied my Crystal Lite/water bottle 2 1/2 times already.

oops, 1229 had 1 cup of grapes and 1 100 cal Quaker bar....

I'm impressed that you are watching the debate!! Me, too, but I"m not Canadian! I appreciate your interest! DH wants to go down to the pool when it's over. I don't feel too motivated & don't know if I have the energy, but I don't think I'm being given a choice.

I haven't been counting calories. But I do know I got my Water in today. I emptied my Crystal Lite/water bottle 2 1/2 times already.

I am hooked on CNN for one thing, plus I love politics and keeping abreast of global changes. Plus, a lot of our Mutual Funds are invested in U.S. Markets as well as European.. so what ever effects you guys, effects us all. I just think its intellegent to know what our neighbors and best trading partners are doing.

I voted in our election last night, thankfully there was no sparring between DH and I this time... we both voted the same way... :) in years past we have cancelled each others votes because He'll vote Conservative and I'll vote Liberal. This time around we are both Conservative.

Funnyily enough if I was able to pick th U.s. Pres. I'd be voting for Obama... I just LOVE Him and his policies.

Phyl, what is your impression of Sarah Pallen? Just curious?

:tt1:

Phyl, what is your impression of Sarah Pallen? Just curious? :tt1:

Hi,

I don't like Obama or Biden. I think Palin is a breath of fresh air. I really like her.

Earl just went to pool/hot tub. I opted out. Not motivated. Sluggish tonight and my back hurts... twisted it funny & strained a muscle this morning.. just getting dressed! Been bothering me all day.

Just finished with the debate and getting the kids to bed. I'm not sure who I thought won...I'll have to think through everything they said.

I'm getting more and more excited about my dog. I've been thinking about changing his name. I'm not crazy about Romeo. I don't think it has a strong correction factor. I haven't found one I like better though. Something 2 syllables. Something strong. Something regal.

Had a much better food day today. Cleaned out the kitchen and rearranged everything. It might not look alright on the counter but the cupboards are awesome!

Going to watch a little tv and look for names. I'll talk to you later ladies. Have a great evening. I'll check back in before bed.

Candice - 1200 not bad but I don't see that your exercise ticker got updated:thumbdown: Did you stay in bed this morning :tt1: Well you are off tomorrow - so before you go see your Mom - GYM....

I really wanted to flake on the gym tonite - I started at noon trying to talk myself out of it - then I said - Janet - you are always spouting about exercise and how important it is to your lucky #7 and your mentor thread - so you CAN NOT FLAKE ... So I went and did my 3 miles - but I am pooped...

Phyl

Just finished the debates - I think it was a tie... They both talked in circles and blamed each other - I don't think the trickle down effect works and don't know if the trickle up effect will - but I know that I fall in the 95% of american's who don't make 1/4 mil a year and that under McCain - I would lose my health insurance and know that $5k isn't going to buy me a very good policy- worse than what I have this year... and he wants to double the tax credit if you have kids - what happpens to the pple who don't have kids... Pain bugs me - mho - I don't like the cuties act..

Yep told you it was warm - you said you wanted warm - you got it now - sun & heat :)

Kari - I am with you - I don't know if I would replace my dogs when they pass... I love them - but I would like to travel and not worry about them - but I do love my little ones -

ok Gang - I am beat -- it's 8:48 and I think I may just head to bed..

I will talk to you all tomorrow - sweet dreams..