Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky # Sevens- July 07 Bandsters

Hello and good morning;

Yes, my gym clothes are in the car!!!

I've been entering my food in my Sparkpeople.com Journal and I'm drinking my green tea..

This Water consumption thingy will be the last good habit to get back on track, I really hate drinking all that water YUK.

I have a huge break in my appt. schedule today, so I am going to the gym then.. worked out well....

Hello and good morning;

Yes, my gym clothes are in the car!!!

I've been entering my food in my Sparkpeople.com Journal and I'm drinking my green tea..

This Water consumption thingy will be the last good habit to get back on track, I really hate drinking all that water YUK.

I have a huge break in my appt. schedule today, so I am going to the gym then.. worked out well....

That's Great Candice !!!!! I am so PROUD OF YOU ... You are going to feel so good and proud of yourself for doing this - You are going to get hooked !!!!

Hi ladies!! I told you I would get here today!

Phyl, I hope you have a great trip down the coast. I'm sure you are getting excited to "get there". Or at least I would be. I like to travel to a point but after a couple of weeks of it constantly it would be time for me to stop. I hope you enjoy your winter pool. I'm sure it will be nice to meet up with all the people down there too. Drive safe....and don't let Earl be too pushy.

Karri, good job on your run. It had to be great to run in with everyone cheering you on! And cheering just for you. I can't even imagine how it must have felt. I hope this week you get back on track and get a little more sleep. You need it.

Candice, great job on joining the gym. I wish I had one here. It would be so nice to have somewhere to go to and get to work. Here at the house just isn't motivating for me. I know you can get to your next goal in 2 months. And as you are smaller now the sizes will start dropping much quicker. I'm with Janet. You'll be in size 10's in no time.

Jackie, good to see you again. It sounds like you have definitely had your hands full. I'm sorry you have had to deal with so many issues. It's got to be hard. Soon you will hopefully have the aide of the new meds and feel better. But teenagers are just ugly no matter what I think. My 13 year old is going to be 14 on the 13th....if I let him live that long....and daily, it's questionable. I do understand. Every word that comes out of his mouth sends me through the roof. Breath deeply and repeat the mantra, "Killing him/her won't fix it." The fantasies are nice though. Come here and vent. It will be good for your psyche. You need to be able to let it out. And we do care.

Haven't heard from Donna very much lately....what's going on with her?

Linda better hurry back....Candice knows where she lives. We may have to have an intervention there.

As for me, my weigh in today wasn't great but it's not Thursday so hopefully by then it will be better. But I'm eating again, so it was bound to fluctuate with that. I'm going to be very careful this week about everything I put in my mouth and making sure I get in my Water. I have to be more cognizant of that. The bbq was good. There were just 2 couples, but it was a nice quiet evening of good company. It's been cold since, so it was probably the last one of the season. I'll have to pack away the bbq one of these days. That's always a sad day. I got an email from the greyhound people and they have decided that Romeo would be the best fit for the family. I go next week to get him. I can hardly wait!

Okay...I'd better go get something done. Have a great day everyone. I'll be back tonight.

Kari - I got on yesterday morning to post - but my Uncle called and spent 1 hr talking to hime - while I was in the middle of cleaning my house - so when I got off the phone - I needed to finish and then went to the store and got stuff to make Soup.

Congrats on your shopping.... Isn't it fun :) - The reunion is this coming weekend?? You are going to have a ball.. Where you heavy in HS??? Do you live in the same town where you went to school...

Janet

I live about an hour from where I grew up. I weighed between 145 and 150 when I was in HS. I was pretty average in size. It was a huge school, over a thousand in my senior class. (graduated 999) so I didn't even know half the kids back then much less now. The three friends I hung around with are coming in from out of town and they talked me into coming. Last reunion was five years ago...........I ended up in the hospital with Legionaire's four days before. Last time I saw people was at a picnic and planning meeting for that reunion. I was about 240 then so they will all be in for a surprise. I'm looking forward to it.

Hi there, I just finally got caught up on all the posts and read yours. Dear Jackie... I am so glad you posted your thoughts to all of us and let us know whats going on. You are in good company here, many of us have mood disorders. For sure we can understand and will not judge.

It certainly sounds like you got an accurate diagnosis from your Psych. No one knew I was Bipolar until I was given antidepressants in 1990. And a month later... BAM! Away I went.. Irratability is WAY common and so is not sleeping well. Gambling, risk taking those are classic symptoms.

You are on a mood stabalizer that I am not familiar with.. but then I am an OLD GAL ha,ha.

One thing I found really helpful when I was first diagnosed is my DH and I went to a support group for a while together, so that we could better understand the illness.

Also, there are some wonderful books you can read, Patty Duke wrote an autobiography of herself and illness...very good. Also Dr. Kay Redman( i think that's it) she is a shrink but also has Bipolar... another book called the BROKEN BRAIN explains what happens in our brain chemistry to create this illness in the first place.

If you ever want to ask me questions privatley just send me an email or PM.

HUGS,

Peaches:wub:

Thank you all so much for letting me vent last night. I am feeling better tonight. I am just taking the night off from all work and just going to go relax and watch tv. I haven't done that in over a month. I am always thinking about what has to be done in the office and since my office is in my home it is so convenient to work all night long. Not mentally convenient though. HAHA

I didn't realize how much I missed and needed you all. I am so happy that I remembered my roots and came back here.

You all have done amazing!!! Steph you are so close!!

Peaches thank you so much the information. I used to work with the mentally ill and have had a lot of first hand knowledge do to that. I was paid from my job to actually go to classes and learn about the different illnesses.

Well I am off to watch television. I am really tired tonight and going to actually take my meds at a decent hour and go to bed. Have a great night ladies and I will check in tomorrow.:crying:

Phyl - I got your invite to Facebook - but between this thread my mentor thread and sometimes the 50 thread - I just don't have enough computer time - I still have to watch tv cook exercise and sleep.. Our weather is turning fall like for us (80's :crying:)

I understand! I don't have a life, so I've got the time!! LOL

I enjoy the silly games: Parking Wars, Speed Racing, Kidnap!!

But, I also enjoy peoples day to day comments on what is going on in their lives, photos they post, etc. DIL just put up some great pictures of GS's football games.

suppose to have some wind the end of the week - and maybe triple digits on Wed - but nights cooling off nicely mid 60s.. I have a couple a bathing suits - but I think they are 18/20 - I will have to ck..

Sure.... WIND.... just because we're pulling in tomorrow!!

We HATE the wind!!

Suits I am wearing are 22 & 24... too big. Last one that I had that fit right was 20. It was all stretched out & worn out so I got rid of it. I have an 18 that's brand new that I haven't tried on yet. It actually might fit. Going in the hot tub here at this RV park after we eat(on the down side of the "grape vine") and maybe I will try it on then.

Candice - I loved talking to you too yesterday... It really makes me wish that we all weren't so far apart... Do you have that bag in your car !!!!

As the saying goes Just Do It... I know there will be days that you are going to try and talk yourself out of it - but don't - just put on your gym clothes and go walk and then venture to the weight machines after a while...

So you don't all think we are talking in code - Candice and I talked yesterday - She is joining the gym today - and it going to get to her goal weight !!!!! She is going on Vacation Mid December and is going to have a certin # of lbs by then...

Candice you will be trading those 14's in for 10's by Mid December !!!!!

Ruby - How was your lazy day - did you enjoy it.,.

Jackie - I sure hope you get your med's figured out so that we can have you back... We've missed you...

Steph - How was the BBQ and Yep tell your Mom to stop by and say I to us...

Well, not much to report - Cleaned yesterday - slept ok last night and now starting a new week...

Got my Water on my desk - and taking my vitamins... Just dropping in to say GOOD MORNING...

We DID NOT sleep well last night.... power went out around 5 a.m. DH says he'd been awake for a while then. My CPAP stopped and I couldn't breathe so I woke up in a hurry!! DH turned our generator on so he could brew the coffee and make us some Breakfast. I went back to sleep for a little while. You all know by now that I am NOT a morning person!! I barely speak in the morning. DH says "GOOD MORNING!" and I grunt something in response!

We were on the road a little after 8 a.m. And we stopped really early today... like before 1 p.m., because we wanted to stop short of L.A.

We'll deal with that tomorrow. HOpefully, I will persuade DH tht it would not be smart to leave too early!! After rush hour traffic is good!

Yeah, Steph!! We all want to say HI to Rose!!

Jacki..... So GOOD to have you drop in and bring us up to date on your life!! Sorry for all the drama, but sounds like you're getting back on track!

Phyl, I hope you have a great trip down the coast. I'm sure you are getting excited to "get there". Or at least I would be. I like to travel to a point but after a couple of weeks of it constantly it would be time for me to stop. I hope you enjoy your winter pool. I'm sure it will be nice to meet up with all the people down there too. Drive safe....and don't let Earl be too pushy.Okay...I'd better go get something done. Have a great day everyone. I'll be back tonight.

We came down 99 from Visalia. Now on the down side of the Grape Vine, soon to be in L.A. city limits. So we are having a leisurely afternoon/evening relaxing, sipping some wine, commisserating over the stock market plunge, and about to have some grilled steak (mine is a filet). Then we're going in the hot tub... manager turned it on for us.

Earl always drives safe. No faster than 55, doesn't fight with the trucks! Yes, we will be glad to get down to our 2nd home!!

Cals1,189 Carbs

Fat 30

Protein 62

Hey Gang - Back from the Gym - It was just me and my training buddy tonite -My trainer had shoulder surgery today...

Steph - Congrats on your new baby.... 1073.gif For us winter is the time to BBQ cuz it's not 110 outside - it's just to hot to go out an bbq when it's that hot... You will do fine on your weigh in - and I agree going to the gym is easier than doing it at home - I have one of those tony little gilders - I brought it out after being banded and thought I would do it on the days that I didn't go to the gym - well I think I did it once - I don't like it as much as the glider I had from Costco..

Donna's fine - she posted on my mentor thread - not much damage but lots of $$ spent fleeing town ..

Phyl - I haven't heard the weather tonite yet - but I think this morning they said winds this weekend... Let me know when you get settled - the new supertarget is going to open this week I think.. And I want you and Earl to come to dinner - The only weekend I have plans for this month is 10/24 going to go see Fergie.... So call me once you get settled..

Kari - That was a big class - I dont think that my whole high school had that many pple ... I too was thiin in HS but at my 10 & 20 yrs weighed like 180 - We didn't have a 30 thank God.. So if we have a 40 I will be prepard..

Have fun with your GF's !!!! They are going to be shocked at the new you..

Jackie - We will always be here for you... We are your family - BTW you are only 16 lbs from goal - CONGRATULATIONS you have done very well with all that's on your plate... Yes - it's good just to sit and watch tv sometimes - that's what I did yesterday afternoon..

Candice - Way to go girl !!!! So proud of you for getting to the gym and doing so well on your food choices today - I bet you feel wonderful about yourself... Love the new EXERCISE TICKER !!!!

I can't beleive you are bipolar you are so calm & sweet... - Not that you aren't sweet too Jackie - I just know that you aren't calm :crying:.. With all your deep cleaning etc :thumbup:

Ok off to get my dinner started... Guess what I am eating :w00t:

sig.jsp?pc=[object Object]&pp=ZKxdm005YYUS

Steph, did I miss something? Did you get your new Greyhound????

Post some pictures baby!!

Phyl - I haven't heard the weather tonite yet - but I think this morning they said winds this weekend... Let me know when you get settled - the new supertarget is going to open this week I think.. And I want you and Earl to come to dinner - The only weekend I have plans for this month is 10/24 going to go see Fergie.... So call me once you get settled..Ok off to get my dinner started... Guess what I am eating :crying:

sig.jsp?pc=%5Bobject%20Object%5D&pp=ZKxdm005YYUS

I know.... ONE POT WONDER!

I'll be anxious to see the new SuperTarget! We had one near us in OK. Two, in fact. Grocery prices not as good as WallyWorld.

We'll be pulling in to Sky Valley tomorrow afternoon. I promised Earl we would be there in time to see the debates. We are in Gorman.

Steph, did I miss something? Did you get your new Greyhound???? Post some pictures baby!!

I missed it, too.... last sentence of her post.... dog they picked is Romeo and she's getting him next week. I forget what they all looked like. We need to see Romeo's picture again.

HEY!!

Got back from the hot tub a little while ago..

I wore the SIZE 18!

Amazing! It fits.

18_4_100v.gif

Steph, did I miss something? Did you get your new Greyhound????

Post some pictures baby!!

I haven't gotten him yet. Yesterday I got an email from the rescue place that they had chose Romeo for me. They think he will fit perfectly in my family. In case you haven't seen pics of him yet you can see him at GPA Rocky Mountain - Available Hounds

I will get to see him next week and bring him home after the teacher's convention. I can't wait. I'm dying of excitement. I've spent hours trying to find the perfect collars. It's like finding out I'm pregnant...only I only have a week until I'm due.

Okay...gotta go. I'll check back in later tonight.

I know.... ONE POT WONDER!

I'll be anxious to see the new SuperTarget! We had one near us in OK. Two, in fact. Grocery prices not as good as WallyWorld.

We'll be pulling in to Sky Valley tomorrow afternoon. I promised Earl we would be there in time to see the debates. We are in Gorman.

I missed it, too.... last sentence of her post.... dog they picked is Romeo and she's getting him next week. I forget what they all looked like. We need to see Romeo's picture again.

HEY!!

Got back from the hot tub a little while ago..

I wore the SIZE 18!

Amazing! It fits.

18_1_35.gif  18_4_100v.gif

PHYL

18_1_37.gif

FREAKING CONGRATULATIONS

18_1_37.gif

23_30_104.gif SIZE 18 23_28_100.gif

4_17_6.gifTHAT'S GREAT4_17_211.gif

OK ONE POT WONDER WILL BE ON THE MENU

I haven't gotten him yet. Yesterday I got an email from the rescue place that they had chose Romeo for me. They think he will fit perfectly in my family. In case you haven't seen pics of him yet you can see him at GPA Rocky Mountain - Available Hounds

I will get to see him next week and bring him home after the teacher's convention. I can't wait. I'm dying of excitement. I've spent hours trying to find the perfect collars. It's like finding out I'm pregnant...only I only have a week until I'm due.

Okay...gotta go. I'll check back in later tonight.

Steph - What a beatiful dog... I would wait thought to get his collar how are you going to know how it will fit - but toys... Well you can shop for toys - bed - cuz I bet your DH ain't letting that big dog in your bed - heck that's why I stay single - where would my dogs sleep if I had a man in my bed 36_1_20.gif Bear doesn't always sleep with me but Angel does - she's the size of a cat though - bear is the size of garfield... (big fat cat :crying:)

sig.jsp?pc=[object Object]&pp=ZKxdm005YYUS

Greyhounds must have martingale collars and they have size ranges. I will email the rescue group to have them measure his neck. Because they can't have just any collar and it has to be ordered I want to get them on their way as soon as I can. At least one. Here are some that I've found online Our Favorites - 2 Hounds Design and eBay Store - NEEDLENOSE NECKWEAR Greyhound dog collars and collar sets: dogs martingales, show greyhounds sighthounds that I like.

But I will have lots of fun with lovies.

The dog will not sleep in our bed. It will kennel each night. Our other dogs sleep in a kennel too. They sleep so much better when they do.

Okay...off to look at more collars. I'll check back in.

Oh cool, Romeo looks like a Happy Lad... good for you.

I know you will find as much joy and happiness with your pooch as I do with mine. Can't imagine life without them.

As a matter of fact I work late today, so I am going to go snuggle under the covers with them right now!!!

Burrrrr, cold here.

C