Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky # Sevens- July 07 Bandsters

Good morning ladies. Steph, glad you managed to get some food in and even happier that you'll be able to get an unfill. Normal?!?! Wow, I can't even begin to imagine what that's like. :tt2: Good for you! :thumbup:

I'm fighting a headache this morning. :thumbup: I've taken Tylenol already but it's being stubborn. I'm also fighting against the TOM chocolate monster. :thumbup: When it rains, it pours. :tt2:

I managed to get an appointment with my PCP today at 2:45. I went to the gym this morning for my regular weight session and kept getting the chills in between sets. :mellow: It's a little cool in the gym, and I turned the heat up a bit, but it didn't seem to help much. It probably takes a while for the a/c to recognize a change. I took a few extra minutes out in the sun before coming home to warm up a little but I still had goosebumps when I walked in the door, so it was straight in the shower for me.

I was going to get hubby to take some pics before he headed off today, but forgot. I've had coffee this morning and that helped. I need to get something else in. I'm going to try some oatmeal even though I'm not hungry.

Will check back in later. Enjoy your day ladies. :cool2:

No posts ALL day!!

Hope everyone is having a GREAT day

in spite of the economic CRASH!!

In lieu of that, DH & I just shared a bottle of Cabernet

and we're both feeling MUCH better about it now!! :cool2:

We are having a WONDERFUL day off from traveling and visiting with family/friends!

Just US today!!

We traveled a whopping 45 miles today from our son's place in Mountain View to Gilroy CA! Garlic Capitol of the World!!

Here's an intersting note... we both drove... DH in the RV, me in the Honda CR-V. Every time I drive, which is not THAT often, I think, even the car seems TOO BIG for me. I don't fit the way I used to and its disconcerting!! (A big word for someone who has really had too much wine!) I've been struggling with that for the past couple of months. Today I fixed it!! I MOVED THE SEAT UP!!

So I did some shoppping in Gilroy!! I went to Camping World ALL BY MYSELF, and I WALKED!! I managed to make it up & down all the aisles. Knees hurt, but I toughed it out.

AND, I took a LONG ride on my scooter to do some shopping ALONE!! I found some tops at the Salvation Army store, one at Wal-Mart and some sweat pants at Target... everything under $10! Most under $5! I am a GOOD shopper! Later, went to a winery where we bought some Garlic Red Wine!! It's good for both drinking or cooking! And we went to Garlic World after that and bought a lot of other garlicky stuff.

Here's an intersting observation: we are staying in a fairly pricey ($40/night) RV park and there are people staying here who are living in their RVs at that price. DH says 50% are CA residents who appear to be staying here monthly, so they probably get a bit of a price break, but not that much.

Okay, so... the market sucks,

but this is the time to JUMP IN!!

Buy low, sell high!!

Love Ya!

Phyl,

Trying really hard not to panic about the market and the doom and gloom on the news. It really has me spooked right now. I'm hearing "depression" and "bust" and "zero discretionary spending"....and then I think about this trip I'm taking tomorrow...and all the shopping I've done in the last 4 months and the 2 trips....and the dog...and I'm starting to panic. I may need to break out the xanax. I don't know

Okay...going to go give the kids a bath.

Phyl, Trying really hard not to panic about the market and the doom and gloom on the news. It really has me spooked right now. I'm hearing "depression" and "bust" and "zero discretionary spending"....and then I think about this trip I'm taking tomorrow...and all the shopping I've done in the last 4 months and the 2 trips....and the dog...and I'm starting to panic. I may need to break out the xanax. I don't know>

Okay...going to go give the kids a bath.

No time to panic!! It'll be okay. I think a lot of this is politics!! You all have probably got it that I'm a pretty staunch Republican...but, Rep/Dem, it matters not... this whole thing is politics. Jockeying for position... tank the economy and then try to take credit for rescuing us all from economic disaster! We have a "money man" in OKC who is tried and true and we trust him with all that we have. He emailed DH today and told him not to drive the RV into the Pacific or hang himself from a cactus. He says this is NOT about VALUE, and just hang in there. If it all tanks, we'll all be in the same boat!!

Steph

:thumbup:CONGRATULATION GIRL ON YOUR NORMAL:thumbup: YOU ROCK GIRL :biggrin:

:tongue:BE PROUD AND HAPPY:biggrin:

:dita: YOU DID THE WORK - ENJOY YOUR SUCCESS :tongue:

Ruby

How did your Doc appointment go???

Phyl

I loved what your broker said Drive over a cliff or hang from a cactus :lol:

well mine called last week or the week before and I sold my BofA stock and made a 20% profit - and that $$ is sitting in a money market account - that was my only real stock - I mostly have mutual funds - but as we all know those are invested too - I haven't looked and am not going to I haven't

Steph

I haven't watched the news tonite - had gym then came home emptied the dishwasher swept the floor and just sitting down - but I do know that the market is down 700% :eek:

I too have been thinking all the $$ spent this last summer on trips - clothes etc - and now look were we are - I guess this is why pple who lived thru the great depression are so frugal - but we never imagine that this could happen in our life time.

Phyl

I agree some is political - But while they are fighting us little pple are the ones getting hurt - not the congress pple - heck they make tons more $$ than most of us - have free health care -a whole lot of perks - My biggest concerm on this bail out is that the CEO - GET ZIP !!!!

OH I LOVE GARLIC - Next July I want to go the the garlic festival there in gilroy - it's not to far from my Sisters (I don't think)

Ok Gang - I was busy at work - didn't get much accomplished - just not super motivated today - my brain thinks it's Sunday :tongue:

Well, off to feed the babies and put my dinner in the oven...

:smile:CBL:tongue:

Yeah, those who are in control make sure

their own interests are protected while the rest of us pay the consequences!!

There's no justice!!

RIP Paul Newman!!

11_12_11.gif 17_6_8.gif 11_12_11.gif

No posts ALL day!!

Hope everyone is having a GREAT day

in spite of the economic CRASH!!

In lieu of that, DH & I just shared a bottle of Cabernet

and we're both feeling MUCH better about it now!! :biggrin:

We are having a WONDERFUL day off from traveling and visiting with family/friends!

Just US today!!

We traveled a whopping 45 miles today from our son's place in Mountain View to Gilroy CA! Garlic Capitol of the World!!

Here's an intersting note... we both drove... DH in the RV, me in the Honda CR-V. Every time I drive, which is not THAT often, I think, even the car seems TOO BIG for me. I don't fit the way I used to and its disconcerting!! (A big word for someone who has really had too much wine!) I've been struggling with that for the past couple of months. Today I fixed it!! I MOVED THE SEAT UP!!

So I did some shoppping in Gilroy!! I went to Camping World ALL BY MYSELF, and I WALKED!! I managed to make it up & down all the aisles. Knees hurt, but I toughed it out.

AND, I took a LONG ride on my scooter to do some shopping ALONE!! I found some tops at the Salvation Army store, one at Wal-Mart and some sweat pants at Target... everything under $10! Most under $5! I am a GOOD shopper! Later, went to a winery where we bought some Garlic Red Wine!! It's good for both drinking or cooking! And we went to Garlic World after that and bought a lot of other garlicky stuff.

Here's an intersting observation: we are staying in a fairly pricey ($40/night) RV park and there are people staying here who are living in their RVs at that price. DH says 50% are CA residents who appear to be staying here monthly, so they probably get a bit of a price break, but not that much.

Okay, so... the market sucks,

but this is the time to JUMP IN!!

Buy low, sell high!!

Love Ya!

CONGRATULATIONS, PHYL on walking the stores. Isn't it a terrific feeling? I get so hyped up when I walk Walmart and Meijers now. It feels so good. I've got a CR-V too. I love it. You are so funny,. Love the attitude.

Okay, where is everyone tonight? I have to admit that I was sweating a lot at the gym today, but I didn't think I smelled that bad. I'm hoping to get back on track here. I've spent the last couple weeks eating more calories (yes, junk too) and keeping the exersize steady so I don't gain. Got to get this body out of starvation mode.

HAVE A GREAT NITE ALL.

I came across a post as I was browsing the site tonight. It was under Introductions..............titled "HELLO ALL" by Soleil. She was banded the same time as all of us but isn't doing well at all. She said she wished she had found this site a whole lot sooner. Any way, I invited her to join us here and thought I'd let you know about her so you could maybe give her a warm welcome and invite her to join us. I know that we could all help her as you've been all a great support to me.

I came across a post as I was browsing the site tonight. It was under Introductions..............titled "HELLO ALL" by Soleil. She was banded the same time as all of us but isn't doing well at all. She said she wished she had found this site a whole lot sooner. Any way, I invited her to join us here and thought I'd let you know about her so you could maybe give her a warm welcome and invite her to join us. I know that we could all help her as you've been all a great support to me.

Hope she drops by!

You know us... the more, the merrier.

We're always anxious to share our ups and downs!

And the secrets of our success!!

Yes, nice to walk the stores, even with a little pain!

And nice to have to move the car seat forward!

I can reach the pedals so much better now,

and my stomach is not in the way!

16_2_19.gif

Phyl, you are FULL of NSV's today!

I was going to ask you about weigh in's while you're in the desert. I remember hearing about something when you were down there last year...but don't remember what exactly and I'm too lazy to go back and find it. I bet all the other snow birds go nuts at your loss since they last saw you. Is it cool enough for you to wear your new jeans? Oh...and don't wait too long to try on those smaller sizes, they might surprise you.

I hope Soleil comes by. It's amazing the difference the support you guys give can cause. Just check out my home pages. The only posts are once a month on the weight loss poll. And even there, the numbers dwindle each month. I know I couldn't have done this without you all. You are so much a part of my success.

Okay...off to bed, I have a long day tomorrow. I can't wait to eat! I have a feeling I'll dream about food tonight. The food commercials have been driving me nuts the last few days. I'll talk to you all tomorrow night.

Phyl, you are FULL of NSV's today!

I was going to ask you about weigh in's while you're in the desert. I remember hearing about something when you were down there last year...but don't remember what exactly and I'm too lazy to go back and find it. I bet all the other snow birds go nuts at your loss since they last saw you. Is it cool enough for you to wear your new jeans? Oh...and don't wait too long to try on those smaller sizes, they might surprise you.

Yeah, I've been thinking about trying on those size 22 jeans! Actually have bought a couple of things lately that were NOT in the PLUS SIZE dept!

We have a TOPS group at our RV park down there, so that's where I'll be weighing in. AND, we brought our Wii with us. Haven't set it up in the RV yet... it would be silly to do that now when we're on the move! We did take it in to my sister's when we were there, but they were all so enthralled with it, I barely got to use it at all! I did use DIL's when we were there. Hoped to go in the pool here today in this park, but DH said the Water was too cold. Next stop... our friends have a pool that they keep quite warm, so we'll probably be swimming every day the rest of this week. I brought 4 bathing suits with me only to find out that 2 are too big to wear, one I can get away with but it's really too big, too. The 4th I haven't tried on yet, but it might fit. It's an 18 and I think I need a 20. Will try it on tomorrow.

23_9_11.gif

Hey people!

I just wanted to drop in and say "hi" and thanks for the welcome into your group. I really wish I had found these forums initially, I think it would have been a great help.

I ask for your advice on what kind of exercise you have found works best, and hopefully something I can do without paying too much money (as I am a student and currently income-less). Also, I have flat feet, I was born that way, and so staying on my feet for a long amount of time is sometimes painful.

Also, any tips you can share with me as far as controlling food intake and what foods you like best. Basically I'm "hungry" for anything you can give me. :biggrin:

Thanks again, SO very much!!

Soleil; Welcome aboard! ITs a tight ship here on Lucky 7 thread... nice bunch of gals. Tell us about yourself? Where do you live? Kids? Married? Career? we just need the scoop.

Phyl; I am so glad you drank that wine!!! You perked me up. I've been watching CNN and listening to Bush... OMG... its totally freeking me out. I am so glad that I spent my $16k on my lapband when I did cause I'd be too freeked out to spend it now!!! Congrats on the Car phenomenon - whoo=hoo more room and adjusting the seat... way cool... you go girl.

I am so proud of you leaving the scooter behind and venturing out on your own!!!! Weren't you scheduled for knee replacement this fall??? Or am I mistaken?

So now I must ask your opinion on something. DH and I have always been planning on buying a mobile home in FL when we retire for wintering down south. But you seem to LOVE the RV lifestyle? What are the pros and cons in your opinion... Seems everyone is selling their RV's up here cheap... perhaps that would be our better option... but what about cost of repairs etc

Steph: Ha, ha, girl you have always been normal.... (hee,hee) but its nice to have it verified by a computer icon eh?

Ruby: You are doing great with the exercise and food journaling, and I've noticed that your getting your Protein up too. !!!

Janet; I've been thinking of calling you, for a wee chat, but with the 3 hr time differnce whats the best time for you to talk??? I'm really floundering in my BAND life and I need some tough love. I still havn't heard anything from Linda?????

Karri: How is school going? Are you managing your fellow teacher o.k.???

Kari: Thanks for finding us a new recruit... you are thoughtfull, have you got any BIGGER pictures of yourself yet???? my old eyes couldn't see those tiny ones.

Sorry, I havn't been posting much... I didn't want to drag everyone else down ... just been kind of yucky and funky. But you girls always make me laugh!

Soleil; Welcome aboard! ITs a tight ship here on Lucky 7 thread... nice bunch of gals. Tell us about yourself? Where do you live? Kids? Married? Career? we just need the scoop.

Yes, WELCOME!!

Phyl; I am so glad you drank that wine!!! You perked me up. I've been watching CNN and listening to Bush... OMG... its totally freeking me out. I am so glad that I spent my $16k on my lapband when I did cause I'd be too freeked out to spend it now!!! Congrats on the Car phenomenon - whoo=hoo more room and adjusting the seat... way cool... you go girl.

I am so proud of you leaving the scooter behind and venturing out on your own!!!! Weren't you scheduled for knee replacement this fall??? Or am I mistaken?

So now I must ask your opinion on something. DH and I have always been planning on buying a mobile home in FL when we retire for wintering down south. But you seem to LOVE the RV lifestyle? What are the pros and cons in your opinion... Seems everyone is selling their RV's up here cheap... perhaps that would be our better option... but what about cost of repairs etc

Sorry I haven't been posting much... I didn't want to drag everyone else down ... just been kind of yucky and funky. But you girls always make me laugh!

When I saw that ortho guy for the 2nd time he said the hardware in the original partial replacement was collapsing down because of my weight loss. So he needs to convert that one to a total and do a total on the other one. But he wants to wait until my BMI is about 40 rather than risk that happeneing again. So... I'm hoping maybe when we go home in the spring.

Yes, we do LOVE the RV lifestyle, but it's not for everyone. Cost of repairs? That can be expensive, but we haven't had many problems with our Winnebago. Oil changes are pricey. But only a couple of times a year. Tires.... very pricey, but we haven't had to buy any yet. I know it's coming soon because the coach is almost 5 yrs old. Even if we did have a mobile down in the desert, I would still want my rV because I enjoy the trip down! We stop here and there for several days at a time and take 2-3 weeks to get where we are going. Our first year as "snowbirds", we moved every two weeks all through Arizona and CA and that was after several weks in WA, etc. We still lived in OK then. Ah.... we are starting to move!! I guess I have to sign off! Will lose the WiFi when we pull out!

Don't stay away!! We miss you!!

Good Morning Gang !!!

Phyl - You are just have tons of great NSV's - I am just so happy for you.. Those NSV are very inspring and help keep the motivation going...

Steph - Glad you are getting some taken out and will be able to eat.

Karri - How was the funeral - Hugs to you & DH..

Solei - Welcome !!! Glad you made it over to our thread

#1 What are you eating - give us a typical days food including quanities.

#2 Do you keep a food journel - to you track your caloires.

#3 What are you doing for exercise.

#4 How's your restriction - when was your last fill.

Candice - You can call anytime GF - I don't care if it's midnite my time or 3 am my time - Here for you...

No I haven't heard from Linda. I need to send her an email...

CBL