Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky # Sevens- July 07 Bandsters

Hey Phyl, What kind of life would we have without ma

en to drive crazy? Isn't that why they were put on earth?

LMAO is Laughing My Tushie Off,

Congratulations, Steph. What an honor.

Sounds like everyone is doing good today. I've been going since I got up this morning and I still have 40 minutes left to pedal. Guess I'd better get my rear in gear.

KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK. TALK TO YOU ALL TOMORROW NIGHT.

Just wanted to check in. I am sick as a dog and my MIL passed away last night so it has been a tough day. I didn't go to work today and have to miss Monday due to the funeral so now I am frantically throwing a lesson together.

I will check back later.

Good evening ladies.

Phyl, have fun at the game. I can't say that I love watching hs football....but what a great thing for your gs to be starting qb so young! LMAO is laughing my @$$ off. Tell Earl we are sorry he is having such a hard time, but if he wants to take his mind off of it, he could go pick you out a nice hat.....

Janet, not watching the debates because DH doesn't seem interested, but I am. I really want to know how it goes....let me know.

Kari, sorry to hear about your MIL. Give your dh our condolences. And then to be sick on top of it. So sorry you're having such a rough time.

On a postive note, I did get dinner tonight. I had about 4 oz of beef tenderloin. It was absolutely devine! I tried to have a little bit of hashbrowns but they didn't sit well. So salad and steak for dinner and that make for a really happy Stephanie. Maybe I'll open up in the evenings and I can get a good meal in. That would be a sign in the right direction.

Alright. Off to finish watching The Blue Elephant with the family. Have a good night ladies.

Just checking in,

Hi Everybody,

Steph - WOW, that is a big freaking deal!!!! CONGRATULATIONS !!!!!! :bolt::thumbup::tt1:

Salsa - Sorry about your MIL

Just wanted to check in. I am sick as a dog and my MIL passed away last night so it has been a tough day.

I'm sorry to hear about your MIL Karri. I know it was expected, but it doesn't make it any less difficult. :bolt:

Edited by Frustrated

Karri - So sorry for the loss of your MIL - Tell DH we are keeping you and the family in our thoughts and prayers - Hugs from his BMIL ...

Sorry that you are sick on top of this - Hugs to you too - chicken Soup ok..

Phyl - LAUGHING MY A$$ OFF - I am not good at texting can do it but still just use one hand - can't do that 2 handed thing... Recording it 3 time OMG thats a tad obbessive - I bet it will be on the computer somewhere.

Steph

Congrat on eating real food - I am happy for you..

I feel asleep during it :bolt: but I was recording :tt1: missed about 20 minutes - I love tivo - just rewound and watch - just finished.

Debates were good - Our guy did very well...

Hey Kari - WTG on your 40 more minutes - I'm headed to bed shortly - will do my 3 miles in the a.m.

Denise Girl - How's is going - How's your restriction -

Candice Where are you and Linda - hiding from us... How's your Mom..

I had a better day than yesterday. Still short on my net cals, but I ate more today and felt good about my evening class tonight. In fact, it was DH who ended up sitting out for the last 15 minutes of the class because, in his words "my head went stupid" and his brain went empty along with his energy level. So he sat out the last part of the class.

It's my official weigh-in day tomorrow. I'm hoping I will stay the same - 171. I've eaten a lot today and I don't expect it to disappear while I sleep. To stay the same would be nice. I've only been eating extra, or should I say properly, for one day, so I don't expect miracles on the scales if I expect this more eating thing to work.

Tomorrow I would normally go to the gym for 30 mins treadmill, then another Aikido class at noon. It's eating away at me that I'll be staying home in the morning. :tt2: I was thinking about things today (very dangerous :bolt: ) and my brain was thinking about alternative exercises to do in place of the ones I was eliminating. :tt1:

So I was thinking (yeah more danger :thumbup: ) about having ice cream to get my cal count up. But yanno, I said before that I don't want to slip into bad habits. I don't need it. I just want it. I don't even know that I want it. :tongue: If I continue to use the excuse that I need to eat ice cream to up my calories, I will get into trouble. Tomorrow for sure I'll look for some sherbet. If I need cold and sweet at night, I'll have some of that. :smile2:

Today's numbers:

Total calories = 1,434 (net = 805)

Carbs = 169g

Fat = 40g

Protein = 81g

Water = 32oz :tongue:

Wow. What a quiet evening. I thought it was quiet when I WASN'T here.

I had a pretty good day today. Had a chedder brat for dinner. I'll have a little more Protein later tonight. I haven't looked at daily plate for the day but I'm sure I'm fine. I did have some black licorice today. I'm not feeling guilty. It was DEVINE!!! Got it out of my system and now I feel better.

Tomorrow I am spending the day trying to get my house in order after being gone for the 2 weeks. I have laundry coming out of my ears, the kids' bedroom is insane!!! I think I'm going to toss toys. A LOT of toys. I'm going to kick @$$ and take names here tomorrow.

I've got a great thing to share with you all that has NOTHING to do with weight/size. The state is revising it's math curriculum standards. Those are the things that the state says all teachers should be teaching all students. Montana's were written in 1999. It is now time to revise them. There are going to be 30 teachers from across the state divided into 3 teams to hammer them out. I have been asked to be the facilitator that oversees them all. I am feeling so honored. Maybe it's just an administrative position but it makes me feel like Im going to have a major impact on the state's math world for the next who knows how long. I can't explain how I feel about it. Awesome just doesn't cover it.

Anyways. I'll talk to you all later. Oh...if you want to see the dogs that we are looking at adopting....click here GPA Rocky Mountain - Available Hounds

3 weeks!!! I can't wait to meet them.

Okay....I'll bbl. Have a great night ladies

:bolt:

I vote for NITRO, he has a very intellegent look about him... I just love dogs!

Karri - So sorry for the loss of your MIL - Tell DH we are keeping you and the family in our thoughts and prayers - Hugs from his BMIL ...

Sorry that you are sick on top of this - Hugs to you too - chicken Soup ok..

Phyl - LAUGHING MY A$$ OFF - I am not good at texting can do it but still just use one hand - can't do that 2 handed thing... Recording it 3 time OMG thats a tad obbessive - I bet it will be on the computer somewhere.

Steph

Congrat on eating real food - I am happy for you..

I feel asleep during it :tt1: but I was recording :thumbup: missed about 20 minutes - I love tivo - just rewound and watch - just finished.

Debates were good - Our guy did very well...

Hey Kari - WTG on your 40 more minutes - I'm headed to bed shortly - will do my 3 miles in the a.m.

Denise Girl - How's is going - How's your restriction -

Candice Where are you and Linda - hiding from us... How's your Mom..

Hi and Thanks for asking Janet; My Mom is driving me nuts. (and its a short drive!) I am going back and forth between feeling guilty (that she is bugging me) and being angry with her because she won't take her pain medication. She has been calling me every day this week, sounding all pathetic and telling me how much pain she is in and how constipated she is... ARGH! I am a horrible daughter! Its just that She's been to the hospital, gotten medication for the pain, she saw her personal family doctor Wed. and got checked out. But she still is refusing her pain meds... because they constipate her. I keep telling her that she can take stool softners, fibre laxatives etc to manage that... but oh no, she just wants to be whinny... Now this is very out of character for my Mom. This is NOT her usual personality..

I finally had to tell her yesterday to stop phoning me at 6:45 a.m. to tell me she is in pain.... I KNOW SHE's IN PAIN... and there's not a damn thing "I" can do for her....

WOw, I really had to get this off my chest, DH been away all week and I've not vented. BLEACKT :bolt:

She is trying to manipulate the Nursing Staff at her residence by making them bring her meals in her room... thankfully, they are not giving in to her. She needs the exercise of walking down for her meals, plus she's quite capable of getting down to the nurses stations when she wants some tylanol!!! Plain tyl. just arn't cutting it though, and she thinks if she takes them hourly they'll work better....NOT!

Oh I hate being a caregiver!!!!

Good morning ladies!!!

Lots of activity around here last night it looks like. I'm sitting here trying to get some oatmeal in. I'm feeling tight but if I take it slow hopefully it will stay.

Janet, I think the reason dh wants to avoid the news altogether is because he's scared of what is going to happen with our economy....and there isn't a lot we little pee-ons can do about it, so he'd rather not watch the masacre. I have to admit I feel a little bit the same way....but really wanted to see how the two candidates squared off. Unscripted speaking always gives you a better idea of what kind of control the man would have.

Ruby, I know how hard it can be to deal with those voices in your head. It's amazing what they can try to talk us into. Or try to. You can override them though. You just have to always filter the thoughts through the rules. Sherbet could be a good alternative to ice cream though. Stick with your decision to cut down exercise a bit and upping your intake for one week. See if it works. Give it a chance. If you don't see improvement in yourself mentally or physically, then see what you think.

Candice, I vote Nitro too. I think he is absolutely beautiful. We will see what the placement people say. I've been told to trust their judgement. So sorry you're having such struggles with your mom. Don't let her make you feel guilty. Sometimes you have to give tough love in real life too. You'll be alright and your mom will be better for it.

Okay...gotta run and get something done for a bit. You all have a great day!....oh....the oatmeal didn't stay.

Good Afternoon!

Another nice sunny day in the bay area.

Football game was a bust!! Big, nasty team beat us 41 - 7!

Justin got beat up pretty bad. He looks so skinny & fragile out there with all those BIG guys! He's 6' 1", but only 150#~~!!

In two hours, soccer game... GD. It's close so I'm going to ride my scooter over! I'll get some VIT D today!

39_11_8.gif

Sorry to hear about MIL, Karri.

Hope things level out for you soon!

Steph, dogs are all darling!

Hope you're able to eat soon. Not a good situation!

Watched or listened to a good part of the debate.

Thought it was a wash.

Hi ladies. Well I managed to stay away from the gym this morning without going completely insane. :) The scales read 171.3 this morning and I'm happy with that. I will count it as 171 as I usually round up or down to whatever's closer.

I went to Aikido class. That's usually responsible for burning a lot of calories (513) so we stopped in at Starbucks on the way home and splurged on a pumpkin Spice Latte (400) and a slice of Zucchini Walnut loaf (430). :thumbup: It sounds like so much. Especially when I think that these days I've been struggling to get my net total up as high as 800.

Tomorrow is my lazy day. I've learned to accept the lazy days because I know it's only once a week. :frown: I've got my fingers and toes crossed that this new routine with less exercise will work for me. I don't want to have to cut out any more.

Steph, I would like the idea of someone else choosing the dog for me out of a group of however many. I would never be able to do that on my own. I'd want to take them all home. I'd feel guilty for not choosing one of the others. :) Having someone else choose for me would eliminate the guilt. :tt2:

Well that's it from me. We're going to take DS to see Igor this evening. I'm not sure if I'll check back in again.

Soccer game was almost as bad as the football game! Final score 6-1!

Those poor girls were just exhausted playing in that hot sun!

Ruby, good job on cutting out the exercise today.

Now I can't remember what else I wanted to post!

I had a better day than yesterday. Still short on my net cals, but I ate more today and felt good about my evening class tonight. In fact, it was DH who ended up sitting out for the last 15 minutes of the class because, in his words "my head went stupid" and his brain went empty along with his energy level. So he sat out the last part of the class.

It's my official weigh-in day tomorrow. I'm hoping I will stay the same - 171. I've eaten a lot today and I don't expect it to disappear while I sleep. To stay the same would be nice. I've only been eating extra, or should I say properly, for one day, so I don't expect miracles on the scales if I expect this more eating thing to work.

Tomorrow I would normally go to the gym for 30 mins treadmill, then another Aikido class at noon. It's eating away at me that I'll be staying home in the morning. :tt2: I was thinking about things today (very dangerous :thumbup: ) and my brain was thinking about alternative exercises to do in place of the ones I was eliminating. :frown:

So I was thinking (yeah more danger :) ) about having ice cream to get my cal count up. But yanno, I said before that I don't want to slip into bad habits. I don't need it. I just want it. I don't even know that I want it. :wink2: If I continue to use the excuse that I need to eat ice cream to up my calories, I will get into trouble. Tomorrow for sure I'll look for some sherbet. If I need cold and sweet at night, I'll have some of that. :tt1:

Today's numbers:

Total calories = 1,434 (net = 805)

Carbs = 169g

Fat = 40g

Protein = 81g

Water = 32oz :lol:

Hi ladies. Well I managed to stay away from the gym this morning without going completely insane. :eek: The scales read 171.3 this morning and I'm happy with that. I will count it as 171 as I usually round up or down to whatever's closer.

I went to Aikido class. That's usually responsible for burning a lot of calories (513) so we stopped in at Starbucks on the way home and splurged on a pumpkin Spice Latte (400) and a slice of Zucchini Walnut loaf (430). :tt2: It sounds like so much. Especially when I think that these days I've been struggling to get my net total up as high as 800.

Tomorrow is my lazy day. I've learned to accept the lazy days because I know it's only once a week. :eek: I've got my fingers and toes crossed that this new routine with less exercise will work for me. I don't want to have to cut out any more.

Well that's it from me. We're going to take DS to see Igor this evening. I'm not sure if I'll check back in again.

Ruby

I want to talk about this net thingie - Me personallly I don't like it - I think it gives you room to eat more (cuz you really can't be 100% sure on how many calories you are really burning up)- and in the end when you look at net calories I would be feeling deprived... If I had done than my net calories would have been 500-700 a day on the days that I exercised and I don't know how many calories I burn doing the weight - the treadmill says 300 to 350 depending on my intensity and on it I can input my weight & age so I would say it's a pretty good estimate -

If I had thought that way I would have eaten more - (excuse for the ice cream)

I know it stamtics - but think of if this way - eat between 800 - 1200 calories max a day and vary them from day to day - then your exercise is a total calorie burn and not compensation for your eating... You food is your fuel and the exercise is what is going to get the weight off..

And those models are just that - they are giving you estimates - heck I went to one site that says for me to maintain my weight I should eat 2400 calories a day - heck - I would gain weight it I ate that much food...

As it stands now I eat about 1400 to 1600 a day. Exercise 3-4 times a week - and I am 142.5 this morning

Allow yourself a treat once a week - not every night - once you get to goal you can fiddle with the treats - but that's where we have to be careful too many treats got us where we were..

"Our emotions get the better of us and we tend to forsake our long-term goals in favor of short-term desires"

Hi and Thanks for asking Janet; My Mom is driving me nuts. (and its a short drive!) I am going back and forth between feeling guilty (that she is bugging me) and being angry with her because she won't take her pain medication. She has been calling me every day this week, sounding all pathetic and telling me how much pain she is in and how constipated she is... ARGH! I am a horrible daughter! Its just that She's been to the hospital, gotten medication for the pain, she saw her personal family doctor Wed. and got checked out. But she still is refusing her pain meds... because they constipate her. I keep telling her that she can take stool softners, fibre laxatives etc to manage that... but oh no, she just wants to be whinny... Now this is very out of character for my Mom. This is NOT her usual personality..

I finally had to tell her yesterday to stop phoning me at 6:45 a.m. to tell me she is in pain.... I KNOW SHE's IN PAIN... and there's not a damn thing "I" can do for her....

WOw, I really had to get this off my chest, DH been away all week and I've not vented. BLEACKT :)

She is trying to manipulate the Nursing Staff at her residence by making them bring her meals in her room... thankfully, they are not giving in to her. She needs the exercise of walking down for her meals, plus she's quite capable of getting down to the nurses stations when she wants some tylanol!!! Plain tyl. just arn't cutting it though, and she thinks if she takes them hourly they'll work better....NOT!

Oh I hate being a caregiver!!!!

Candice 11_1_103.gifhugs - I know how hard it is.. You are not a bad daughter - your Mom is just playing you - My Aunt is the same way - but she does take her pain meds but is always having tummy problems cuz she is always constipated - I just tell her to take a laxitative every day to prevent that - heck at 92 who cares if you get addicted to them - as long as it works and your tummy doesnt hurt...

Good Afternoon!

Another nice sunny day in the bay area.

Football game was a bust!! Big, nasty team beat us 41 - 7!

Justin got beat up pretty bad. He looks so skinny & fragile out there with all those BIG guys! He's 6' 1", but only 150#~~!!

In two hours, soccer game... GD. It's close so I'm going to ride my scooter over! I'll get some VIT D today!

[/url]

Sorry to hear about MIL, Karri.

Hope things level out for you soon!

Steph, dogs are all darling!

Hope you're able to eat soon. Not a good situation!

Watched or listened to a good part of the debate.

Thought it was a wash.

Phyl - Sorry - that neither of the games when in your favor...

Hot in the bay area -:lol: - I know yesterday it was 73 in SF as my DS & family went to alcatraz....

It's hot here today 107 and it 6:14 pm

Steph - I don't know what happend to your quote - i like doing them cuz it's easier to refer back to them as my response... But anyway - the Debates and our economy

Yep - I don't watch 24/7 like Earl - cuz I would be too depressed and yes I agree us little peeps really just have to go with the flow - I am pissed cuz us fiscally responsible pple have to bail out the pple who werent' - we live in homes we can afford - I think the banks and those pple who were living beyond their means should have to suffer - I don't feel sorry for someone who bought a $400k home and they only make $50k a year - they shouldn't have gone out there and got something they couldn't afford and this whole banking on refinancing - well that's stupid - lets get and an arm and hope that we can refinance in a few year - what happens if someone had a major accident and couldn't work - how are you going to refinance with no job..

Ok I am getting pissed - shut up janet...

Hope you were able to get something good in this after noon...

sig.jsp?pc=[object Object]&pp=ZKxdm005YYUS

jANET

I have to agree whole-heartedly with what you said. I feel the same way. Heck, if we have to bail out all those fiscally irresponsible people, next thing you know, the other banks need bailing, then the auto companies.........who by the way are the biggest out sourcers there is out there. Have you ever walked a car lot and looked where the vehical was put together. Yeah, BUY AMERICAN. Right. That's why we have Hondas. You know, you have a point. Shut up Kari.......you're getting yourself worked up............36_19_2.gif

RUBY - Janet has some excellent advice. It makes a lot of sense to me. Net calories don't make any sense to me. There have been days when I've exersized and come out in the negative for calories and the scale doesn't move. Stay under 1200 and exersize. It'll work.

18_1_35.gif{Phyll - Yeah, maybe the kids didn't do so hot, but you were there to support them. That's what counts. What they will remember.

Karri - So sorry to hear about your MIL. From what you've said, it wasn't unexpected, but still hard to handle. Take care. We'll be praying for you and DH.

Candace, - Only one thing to say,............Moms are like that.yeah, they are.

I've been bad today. :lol: Went up north to DH cousin's 80th birthday. I will admit to eating a lot of fruit and veggies. You know, Carrot cake,.....lemon bars.......apple crisp........oh, and some fresh veggies with dip. And chicken. Didn't get my Water in either. Oh well, I guess you only turn 80 once.

HAVE A GOOD NIGHT ALL. sleep TIGHT.

sig.jsp?pc=ZSzeb112&pp=ZSYYYYYYNWUS