Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky # Sevens- July 07 Bandsters

Hi Girls;

Ruby you are doing so well on increasing your protien - Yougo girl!!

Janet is too cool eh? She always has the BEST advise for us all...

I'll check back later, home from work sick today. Flu I think?

Hi Girls;

Ruby you are doing so well on increasing your protien - Yougo girl!!

Janet is too cool eh? She always has the BEST advise for us all...

I'll check back later, home from work sick today. Flu I think?

Candice - I just have a big mouth that's all - full of hot air :girl_hug:

chicken Soup - really works - Hope you feel better...

Hugs !!

All right ladies. I'm going to try to get a full post in but I'm sure I'll have to come back and share other news later because so much has happened in the last 2 weeks or so.

First and foremost....I missed you guys so much. I thought about you every day and just didn't have time to get on the computer to catch up. I knew it would take a long while to read everything and I just didn't have time or the energy. Sorry I went MIA for so long. It shouldn't happen again. But I missed you all. And missed you more for the companion/friendship you give me than for the support. I just wanted to know how you all were doing! I love you guys!!!

Okay...enough mush....

First...I've been sick. I thought it was a cold that hit hard and hit strong. Then the morning I was supposed to go to San Antonio I passed out in the shower. It wasn't great. Of course, I went anyways...but had to call home and beg for antibiotics before I was forced to the emergency room. Ended up with a killer sinus infection. The swelling was so bad that my top teeth are still loose on one side and my cheek has a bruise.

Because I was so sick I was super tight....and then I flew....and then I was worried about myself....I've been stuck for almost 10 days. I can get liquids in, and for some reason fiberone bars usually don't give me any problems, but anything much more solid and it's sick again. So I've been in starvation mode and my weight is stagnant. Now that I'm home I will be able to get in more soft foods that will allow me to boost my calories and hopefully break through some of this. Being at the mercy of fancy restaraunts and hotel gift shops has not given me many options. I've managed to stay away from the junk for the most part, but that's kept my calories WAY down and that's never a good thing.

So I need to go in and have some of my fill taken out. Because I'm not starving and I can work within these confines with Protein Drinks, Fiber one bars, and some mushies, I'm going to wait until the pa comes to Minot again on the 13th. If for some reason it gets worse, I will head all the way to Bismarck but I think I should be alright. I'm going to have some removed though so I can eat semi-normal. I'm still not able to get hard Protein in and it stay down. Even cheese sticks seem to be a problem....no matter how hard I chew. Now that I'm home I can get back into a routine of liquids and exercise.

On the plus side, every day I was in San Antonio I walked my BUTT off. So I have to go change my signature to add 8 days for that. I think I'm going to make my goal this month!!!! It felt so good to be the one leading the pack. My family was tired and wanting to sit down and take breaks and I was going strong. I never felt like I was going to die. It was so exciting. I knew I was in better shape but didn't know if I had any real stamina. Now I know I do.

Mom and I had a great time. She's doing well for everyone who has asked. She will be out here in a week or so for a few days. Then she goes home for her PS and to recoup. I told her that she needs to get on here and visit and she said she would if I set her up an account. I didn't have time while I was out there, but we'll get it set up when she's here. In the meantime, she says hello to all her Lucky 7 pals!

Okay....there is a lot more news but I will save it for a little while later. I need to get the kids from daycare and do some other things. You all have a great rest of the day and I'll talk to you tonight. I'll also post replies to some of you then. There's so much to catch up on!!!!!

CBL ladies!

OMG...I am soooooooo tired. I have been at work at or before 4AM everyday this week. That makes it tough for working out and for eating. When you are up for 20 hours a day you certainly have to eat more than if you are only up for 16! I am going to the gym today and working out for a couple of hours. Then I am coming back to work and trying to finish everything up. I WILL NOT GO TO BED UNTIL EVERYTHING IS GRADED!!! Don't get me wrong...I really am loving my job this year...It is just really hectic right now because well frankly I am doing the job of the entire chemistry department.

On a good note, I the scale seems to be dipping lower despite the arrival of Aunt Flo. Well gotta go...kids are getting ready to leave and I need them to clean up their mess.

Steph

I know what you mean - I love our friendship too - I think about all you all the time - I talk to about you all all the time too...

Yep you are tight - you need real food...

Is the sinus thing better - the teeth and bruise is from the fall right?? OMG you are lucky you didn't hurt yourself worse - Hug :confused:

Karri

4 hrs sleep - girl mommy talking here - that's not enough - I think you are in an up manic phase - which is better than the alternative but... Be careful - You know this is said with tons of love and concern...

Well this was just a quick response - I am on my way to the gym ...

CBL :smile:

Hello, hello, hello!!!!

How's everyone. Just thought I'd drop by. I've been going through the ton of posts I've missed, just trying to get a feel for what's been happening.

A little update on me...I've lost 73 lbs so far! I am super proud of myself and am still working hard. I'm at 217 now. My (mini) goal for now is 190, just to see what I look like, but my ultimate goal is 175. I don't want to go any lower than that. I don't think I'd look healthy. I will post pics as soon as I find the USB cord for my camera.

Life has been a little rough for me, but I'm pushing through! It's all good.

I will certainly try to post more often and see how ya'll are making out.

Hello, hello, hello!!!!

How's everyone. Just thought I'd drop by. I've been going through the ton of posts I've missed, just trying to get a feel for what's been happening.

A little update on me...I've lost 73 lbs so far! I am super proud of myself and am still working hard. I'm at 217 now. My (mini) goal for now is 190, just to see what I look like, but my ultimate goal is 175. I don't want to go any lower than that. I don't think I'd look healthy. I will post pics as soon as I find the USB cord for my camera.

Hey Chim - What's Up Girl !!!! Glad you dropped by - We were talking the other day how most of the old gang just doesn't post anymore...

Congrats on your 73 lbs - That Fantastic :confused: We would love to see some new pic's...

Sorry you've been having a hard time - just means it gots to get better right :smile:

Steph

I know what you mean - I love our friendship too - I think about all you all the time - I talk to about you all all the time too...

Is the sinus thing better - the teeth and bruise is from the fall right?? OMG you are lucky you didn't hurt yourself worse - Hug :confused:

Karri

4 hrs sleep - girl mommy talking here - that's not enough - I think you are in an up manic phase - which is better than the alternative but... Be careful - You know this is said with tons of love and concern...

Well this was just a quick response - I am on my way to the gym ...

CBL :smile:

I know that 4 hours of sleep is no where near enough but I am trying desperatly to get caught up so that I can go back to my days of getting here after 6 like I was during the first couple of weeks. The disaster with the test was a total wrench thrown in a not so well oiled machine!! So I did go home right after work and took a nap. Then I went to the gym for about 2 hours and burned off almost 600 calories. Now I am back at work and going to stay here and get these tests completely graded and tallied. Tomorrow my students are working in the computer lab so I should be able to come in later tomorrow. Thank goodness!!

Steph

Janet, the bruise and loose teeth were from so much sinus buildup actually. I've never had a sinus infection cause such pain and pressure, but .... I guess it happens. I didn't hurt myself in the shower. I managed to get myself almost prone and call for my mom before I passed out. At least I felt it coming. Big praise for small blessings. I am feeling better for the most part. Still extremely tight and need to do a couple days of liquids to try to let everything unswell.

Karri, you do sound a bit manic but I always enjoyed the manic phases. I'm glad to see you are going to see a counselor. I think with the loss of your MIL it will be a great ease on your mind. I'm so glad you are back posting though. It was scary not having you around. I'm so excited to see your 10k run time. Great numbers. I'm sorry your co-worker is being such a putz.

Okay....going to bed. I'll talk to you all later. I'm subbing tomorrow. I'll be back tomorrow night. Have a great day!!!!

Hello, hello, hello!!!!

So good to hear from you! Were hoping you were going to make it to the M of A. We had a great time!

Congrats on your weight loss. You're doing great!

Keep us posted!

Hello Everyone, I'm just checking in, I'm still here hating my freakin job. I'ts only Sept. I hope I make it. Non stop yesterday, it was unbelievable. 2 fights plus everything else. I ate my lunch at 3:00.

Steph, the last time I had a sinus infection it was not as bad as yours, and I felt like death. Hope your feeling better.

Good morning ladies.

Chim, it's great to see you back. Do stick around and visit more with us. You've been missed.

Steph, I hope you sinus problems go away quickly and your tightness settles down. I don't know what's worse, being too restricted or not restricted enough. But to be sick on top of it is not very pleasant at all. So get better soon. Maybe you and Candice can share a pot of chicken Soup. :D

Karri, you job sounds so overwhelming to me. I know I don't have the patience to deal with a room full of kids, but when your fellow teacher acts worse than the kids it would be difficult for me not to commit murder.

Denise and Phyl, good to see you both checking in as well.

Janet, I think I'll have to find some sherbet. I can feel myself fall back into the bad habit of eating ice cream at night. When I have ice cream, I have to have chocolate shell on it. :blush: Being short on cals at the end of the day is making me reach for bad things. I really do need to plan better. :D

Instead of going to the gym for an extra exercise session last night, I stayed home. And ate ice cream. :crying: So my net numbers were over yesterday by 78.

Yesterday's totals:

Calories = 1,368 (net = 1,213)

Carbs = 147

Fat = 61g

Protein = 60g

Water = 40oz

I need to Drink! Drink! Drink!

Good Morning Gang !!!!

I know that 4 hours of sleep is no where near enough but I am trying desperatly to get caught up so that I can go back to my days of getting here after 6 like I was during the first couple of weeks. The disaster with the test was a total wrench thrown in a not so well oiled machine!! So I did go home right after work and took a nap. Then I went to the gym for about 2 hours and burned off almost 600 calories. Now I am back at work and going to stay here and get these tests completely graded and tallied. Tomorrow my students are working in the computer lab so I should be able to come in later tomorrow. Thank goodness!!

Karri - Ok just to get caught up :D

Janet, the bruise and loose teeth were from so much sinus buildup actually. I've never had a sinus infection cause such pain and pressure, but .... I guess it happens. I didn't hurt myself in the shower. I managed to get myself almost prone and call for my mom before I passed out. At least I felt it coming. Big praise for small blessings. I am feeling better for the most part. Still extremely tight and need to do a couple days of liquids to try to let everything unswell.

Karri, you do sound a bit manic but I always enjoyed the manic phases. I'm glad to see you are going to see a counselor. I think with the loss of your MIL it will be a great ease on your mind. I'm so glad you are back posting though. It was scary not having you around. I'm so excited to see your 10k run time. Great numbers. I'm sorry your co-worker is being such a putz.

Okay....going to bed. I'll talk to you all later. I'm subbing tomorrow. I'll be back tomorrow night. Have a great day!!!!

Steph - That sounds just awful - I know sinus with cause your teeth to hurt but loose and burised:eek:

Hello Everyone, I'm just checking in, I'm still here hating my freakin job. I'ts only Sept. I hope I make it. Non stop yesterday, it was unbelievable. 2 fights plus everything else. I ate my lunch at 3:00.

Steph, the last time I had a sinus infection it was not as bad as yours, and I felt like death. Hope your feeling better.

Denise :D I don't know how you do it - Glad you are cking in - Miss hearing from you

Janet, I think I'll have to find some sherbet. I can feel myself fall back into the bad habit of eating ice cream at night. When I have ice cream, I have to have chocolate shell on it. :blush: Being short on cals at the end of the day is making me reach for bad things. I really do need to plan better. :blush:

Instead of going to the gym for an extra exercise session last night, I stayed home. And ate ice cream. :crying: So my net numbers were over yesterday by 78.

Yesterday's totals:

Calories = 1,368 (net = 1,213)

Carbs = 147

Fat = 61g

Protein = 60g

Water = 40oz

I need to Drink! Drink! Drink!

Ruby

I understand the falling back into to old habits - it sorta worries me since I have been having a little sherbert most nights lately.. But I am getting on the scale daily (Thursday's are still the only day that counts) and it's been kind to me (142-145) - I don't eat reg ice cream so I don't know the calories - but I know it has the fat where sherbert doesn't - I wish someone would make a sf sherbert with splenda - then the calories would really be down..

IMHO I think your net calories need to be varied between 800 to 1200 to get your body into the weight loss phase..

You are doing so much better on the protein - heck you were only 1 bottle away from getting it all in :smile: I most likely got only 2 in yesterday.

Well back to work - CBL :wub:

Checking in for a minute ladies. Just wanted to say hi.

It was weigh in day and I'm so close to normal I can taste it!

Doing alright today. I got coffee and a Protein Drink down and today's school lunch was alright. peas, chx and rice casserole, and a little square of Jello. I have another Protein drink for this afternoon. I'm trying to stay mushie to let everything settle down.

Ruby, I agree with Janet. You need to keep your NET cals at the goal level that they gave you on daily plate to attain the weight loss. At least that's what I've done and it has always worked for me. The negative and really low net cals are going to throw you into starvation mode. Remember that 2000 net is what is considered "normal" for a day for non-banders. Less than that, or at the level where dailyplate put you, will put you into weight loss. At least that is how I read the program working. I would not let your net cals be less than 800 for sure. Especially with the amount of exercise you are doing. Again, that's just MHO and take it for what it is worth! You have done a GREAT job upping your protein though and I hope it is making you feel better. I know I feel tons better when I get mine in.

Alright....going to go teach for a few minutes....more on that later....

It was weigh in day and I'm so close to normal I can taste it! Doing alright today. I got coffee and a Protein drink down and today's school lunch was alright. peas, chx and rice casserole, and a little square of Jello. I have another protein drink for this afternoon. I'm trying to stay mushie to let everything settle down.

Alright....going to go teach for a few minutes....more on that later....

Steph,

Hope you're doing better. Sinus stuff is not fun!! Sounds like you had an especially nasty bout!!

New avatar... see a distinct resemblance to your mom! That's a great picture!

So, are you doing some subbing??

We're in CA at son's. Did about 1/2 hr of Wii this morning on DIL's board. She has a silicone sleeve on it. I think I"ll get one. Mine is getting really dirty from sweaty feet!