Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky # Sevens- July 07 Bandsters

Grrrr....didn't get a workout in last night so I went to the gym at 5:00AM this morning. I got in 1/2 hour and I am HOPING to get back to the gym between the end of school and the beginning of the volleyball game. I managed to burn 325 calories in 30 minutes so if I can workout for an hour...I could reach my goal of burning 800 calories for the day! Keep your fingers crossed for me.

Tomorrow I go for my fill...and I need it!

Grrrr....didn't get a workout in last night so I went to the gym at 5:00AM this morning. I got in 1/2 hour and I am HOPING to get back to the gym between the end of school and the beginning of the volleyball game. I managed to burn 325 calories in 30 minutes so if I can workout for an hour...I could reach my goal of burning 800 calories for the day! Keep your fingers crossed for me.

Tomorrow I go for my fill...and I need it!

325 in 1/2 hr :biggrin: - Fingers crossed...

Yea fill :thumbup:

Before I forget, Kari is there any news from your doctor about the issue you were having with keeping food down?

He said I was too full, the food was sitting in my pouch too long. He took .5cc's out. I feel a whole lot better. The reflux isn't bad and I can eat a little more but still get that full feeling. And the food is staying down now.

Janet, My BFF was telling me about a friend of hers that had bypass surgery and then had plastic surgery. She had a Tummy Tuck and her arms done. She said the tummy tuck was a breeze compared to the arms.

Well, I'd better go. I slept in till 10 this morning, missed my exersize group, had to get labs done, then went to see sister since I was so near..................so, I haven't gotten any pedaling in today at all. And only one Water so far.

Kari - I will take the pain - but the girl I met in LV who had it done - said it was her easiest - she lost like 250 with the band and had a few surgeries..

Well it's a quite day again - No Ruby, Phyl, Candice, Denise and Steph is still gone...

Ok I was looking for an old post - and last yr at this time we had so many more pple

Ssankofa - jackie - CeCe- Dini- Kathybad- Brandy - Only4me aka Anna 0 Chim - breadlady - marcy - just to name a few that posted on 9/18/08

#yiv965600103 .hmmessage P{margin:0px;padding:0px;}#yiv965600103 {FONT-SIZE:10pt;FONT-FAMILY:Tahoma;}

Subject: FW: Quote of the day

Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2008 16:09:25 -0400

To: judyandersen2004@hotmail.com

#yiv965600103 .ExternalClass .EC_shape{}#yiv965600103 .ExternalClass p.EC_MsoNormal, #yiv965600103 .ExternalClass li.EC_MsoNormal, #yiv965600103 .ExternalClass div.EC_MsoNormal{margin-bottom:.0001pt;font-size:12.0pt;font-family:'Times New Roman';}#yiv965600103 .ExternalClass a:link, #yiv965600103 .ExternalClass span.EC_MsoHyperlink{color:blue;text-decoration:underline;}#yiv965600103 .ExternalClass a:visited, #yiv965600103 .ExternalClass span.EC_MsoHyperlinkFollowed{color:purple;text-decoration:underline;}#yiv965600103 .ExternalClass span.EC_EmailStyle17{font-family:Arial;color:navy;} _filtered #yiv965600103 {}#yiv965600103 .ExternalClass div.EC_Section1{}

36_11_6.gif

Quote for the day:

'Whatever you give a woman, she's going to multiply.

If you give her sperm, she'll give you a baby.

If you give her a house, she'll give you a home.

If you give her groceries, she'll give you a meal.

If you give her a smile, she'll give you her heart.

She multiplies and enlarges what is given to her.

So - if you give her any crap, you will receive a ton of shit.'

Love and appreciate all the women in your life.

I just couldn't resist. BUT: aint it the truth?

sig.jsp?pc=ZSzeb113&pp=ZSYYYYYYNWUS

#yiv965600103 .hmmessage P{margin:0px;padding:0px;}#yiv965600103 {FONT-SIZE:10pt;FONT-FAMILY:Tahoma;}

36_11_6.gif

Quote for the day:

'Whatever you give a woman, she's going to multiply.

If you give her sperm, she'll give you a baby.

If you give her a house, she'll give you a home.

If you give her groceries, she'll give you a meal.

If you give her a smile, she'll give you her heart.

She multiplies and enlarges what is given to her.

So - if you give her any crap, you will receive a ton of shit.'

Love and appreciate all the women in your life.

I just couldn't resist. BUT: aint it the truth?

sig.jsp?pc=ZSzeb113&pp=ZSYYYYYYNWUS

We must have the same friends I got this yesterday :biggrin:

Karri, got my fingers crossed for you for your exercise today. :smile2:

Kari, that was a cute joke. And oh so true. :smile:

Janet, I was just thinking about the old regulars myself the other day. I wish they'd come by and give us an update and say 'hi'.

I've had a pretty good food day, although I'm feeling hungry right now and I just finished dinner an hour ago. :thumbup: I'm going to see if I can hold out until I go to bed and hopefully put myself to sleep before the demons catch me.

Today's totals:

Total calories = 920 (net = 552)

Carbs = 120g

Fat = 37g

Protein = 39g

Water = 64oz

Just hold out for 2 more hours on the food......

We must have the same friends I got this yesterday :thumbup:

Hmmm.. Sorry.. I think that was me!!

4_1_72.gif

I've been pretty busy getting ready to leave. This is our last night in the condo! We're going to finish loading the RV tomorrow & sleep in it at our daughter's tomorrow night so we'll be ready to head out bright and early the next morning. Spent today making phone calls.... stop paper, put cable & phone & internet on vacation suspend, go fill out form to have mail forwarded, and.... go get a pedicure!! Manicure is tomorrow! And have to connect up with my doc...missed her phone call yesterday, she didn't call back today so I left her a message.... she wanted to tell me the results of blood work from yesterday and give me her final decision on Rx. Then I have to go pick them up tomorrow. So tomorrow will be busy! And DS is here getting GD settled in dorm at U of WA, so tomorrow night we're all going out to dinner somewhere. He's heading south Sat. also, back to S.F. DH has to get Wii set up in the RV tomorrow, too!

So, I'll catch up on posts whenever I can.

Didn't get to the gym...Total fiasco at work. That dumba$$ teacher that I talked about earlier in the year that caused my class numbers to be so high....well he is just being a wonderful gem of a person. You all were almost getting messages from me while I was in JAIL. So needless to say while he left at 2:50 (ten minutes before contract hours are over) I frantically worked to prepare for my sub until 4:29, raced down to the gym to keep score for volleyball, then raced back and spent another hour working. All because he decided to send his students to me to make up their lab because he didn't want to set it up and I already had it up in my room. However I guess that also means that he doesn't have to supervise them!!!!

Okay enough ranting. So to make up for that I am up at 3:57AM and going to the gym for as long as I can stay alive, go to school for 20 minutes to help a different (good) teacher with the new grading system, and then drive to my Dr. Appt in WA.

I will post when I get home to let you know that I made it safely.

Karri

Janet, I was just thinking about the old regulars myself the other day. I wish they'd come by and give us an update and say 'hi'.

I've had a pretty good food day, although I'm feeling hungry right now and I just finished dinner an hour ago. :thumbup: I'm going to see if I can hold out until I go to bed and hopefully put myself to sleep before the demons catch me.

Today's totals:

Total calories = 920 (net = 552)

Carbs = 120g

Fat = 37g

Protein = 39g

Water = 64oz

Just hold out for 2 more hours on the food......

Ruby you are doing EXCELLENT !!! Those last few lbs will be off before you know it.

You can go to sleep when you are hungry??? I can't :smile:

You beat me on the water - since it was yesterday - I can't remember what I drank but know it wasn't enought

My scales are staying at 143.5 so I guess I am doing ok on my food - yesterday - yogurt/banana- fiberone bar - cheese and crakers - scallops & rice - popcorn - oj - sherbert - approx 1230 calories for the day - oh wait had some almonds so make it about 1430 calories...

Hmmm.. Sorry.. I think that was me!!

4_1_72.gif

I've been pretty busy getting ready to leave.So, I'll catch up on posts whenever I can.

Phyl - I figured you were busy getting ready to leave. Weather here has been really good high 90 during the day and mid 70s at night - no wind - but they keep talking about a possiblity of a Santa Ana next week :smile:

Didn't get to the gym...Total fiasco at work. That dumba$$ teacher that I talked about earlier in the year that caused my class numbers to be so high....well he is just being a wonderful gem of a person. You all were almost getting messages from me while I was in JAIL. So needless to say while he left at 2:50 (ten minutes before contract hours are over) I frantically worked to prepare for my sub until 4:29, raced down to the gym to keep score for volleyball, then raced back and spent another hour working. All because he decided to send his students to me to make up their lab because he didn't want to set it up and I already had it up in my room. However I guess that also means that he doesn't have to supervise them!!!!

Okay enough ranting. So to make up for that I am up at 3:57AM and going to the gym for as long as I can stay alive, go to school for 20 minutes to help a different (good) teacher with the new grading system, and then drive to my Dr. Appt in WA.

Karri

Okay...had to post right NOW! I just finished at the gym...801 calories in 2 hours 11 minutes!!!! Now I need a shower...I'm STINKY!

Karri - You can't report this sucker - I would !!! I wouldn't be doing his work - or being his door mat !!! You need to do something about him.

Congrats on your exercise - you have 5 billion more times dedication than me - 4 a.m. gym 2 hours no way jose - sat morn 7 - 7:30 1 hr maybe 1.5 every 6 months :smile2:

Safe trip and hope your fill is perfect...

Okay...had to post right NOW! I just finished at the gym...801 calories in 2 hours 11 minutes!!!! Now I need a shower...I'm STINKY!

Jeez Louise. I wish I had the energy to work up that much stink. :thumbup: It tires me out just reading what you do, but it guilts me (in a good way) into not slacking off. :biggrin:

I've been pretty busy getting ready to leave.

So, I'll catch up on posts whenever I can.

I'm envious of your lifestyle. I'd love to travel in an RV for part of the year. To me it would be a dream vacation/living style. I've always loved to travel and see the country (any country) slowly, rather than flying above it. However, DH isn't an RV type of guy. :w00t: His idea of roughing it is staying in a hotel with a broken a/c unit. :thumbup::wink: I'm more of an outdoors kinda girl; I can bait my own hook, clean my own fish, and all that jazz, except I think I'm over camping in a tent. An RV would be perfect for me.

All because he decided to send his students to me to make up their lab because he didn't want to set it up and I already had it up in my room. However I guess that also means that he doesn't have to supervise them!!!!

Karri

That guy's a total jerk. King Jerk from Jerkanistan!

Good luck with your fill. I hope it's uneventful and that it gives you some much needed restriction.

Ruby you are doing EXCELLENT !!! Those last few lbs will be off before you know it.

You can go to sleep when you are hungry??? I can't :smile2:

Yanno, I'm not so sure about that. :crying: I got on the scales this morning, my official weigh-in day isn't until tomorrow, but I wanted to see where I stood, well I'm up 1lb from last week. *sigh* I've really watched what I've eaten this week, so it's frustrating. Maybe I'm calculating wrong. Or maybe I'm eating too much too late. The morning is really difficult to get food down. Not necessarily because I can't, but because I'm not hungry. But come 3pm my appetite kicks in. I've still kept my cals within range, but maybe if my metabolism has slowed down, my body's not breaking them down like it should. Here's hoping tomorrow the scales will be kind to me and that extra pound will magically disappear. :thumbup:

I guess it's time to try another strategy. I typically work out first thing in the morning after dropping my son off at the bus stop. In the beginning I needed to do this because I knew I just wouldn't get myself to the gym later. But maybe I have to get some fuel in my stomach before working out. So come Monday I'll come home instead, have some Breakfast, wait about an hour and then take myself up to the gym. We'll see how that works for a little while. I'm fortunate that I have the luxury of being able to do that whenever I can because I'm a stay-at-home-mother.

As for being able to go to sleep when I'm hungry, it's probably more head hunger than actual hunger. Like I said last night, I'd just had dinner an hour earlier, so I wasn't physically hungry. :thumbup: I used to use sleep to cure everything that ailed me. When I was coming down with a cold, I'd take a nap. If I had a headache, I'd take a nap. Earache, same thing. My brain was programed to know that nothing feels bad when you're asleep. So going to sleep when I'm hungry cures me of that. :thumbdown: I know, it doesn't make any sense at all, but my crazy brain believes and accepts it. :cool:

Hi,

We're ready to load the car with the last of the "STUFF" that is going with us. DH is losing his mind. Just spent about 30 minutes looking for a baggie of cords that was right in front of his face. So once I pointed out to him that.. YES, this IS what you've been looking for, now he's searching for the cell phone chargers that he THOUGHT were in that bag. That's okay. I was up until almost 2 a.m. sorting through all the junk on my computer table trying to figure out what needed to go with me and what needed to be put away until spring and what needed to just go in the trash! One more stop... at the doc's office for my Rx. Did find out some of the results of my bloodwork. Didn't like the fasting blood sugar. It was 103... should be below 100. That should definitely not be an issue. But I had just downed 20 oz of Crystal Lite. I know there is probably a small amount of sugar in it, but don't think it should have upped my sugar that much. Anyway, triglycerides 79... excellent, LDL/HDL ratio good, but HDL a little higher than I'd like to see it. Sub for the regular nurse is a retard so I don't trust what she was telling me anyway!! TTYL

7_6_1.gif

Yanno, I'm not so sure about that. :mellow: I got on the scales this morning, my official weigh-in day isn't until tomorrow, but I wanted to see where I stood, well I'm up 1lb from last week. *sigh* I've really watched what I've eaten this week, so it's frustrating. Maybe I'm calculating wrong. Or maybe I'm eating too much too late. The morning is really difficult to get food down. Not necessarily because I can't, but because I'm not hungry. But come 3pm my appetite kicks in. I've still kept my cals within range, but maybe if my metabolism has slowed down, my body's not breaking them down like it should. Here's hoping tomorrow the scales will be kind to me and that extra pound will magically disappear. :)

I guess it's time to try another strategy. I typically work out first thing in the morning after dropping my son off at the bus stop. In the beginning I needed to do this because I knew I just wouldn't get myself to the gym later. But maybe I have to get some fuel in my stomach before working out. So come Monday I'll come home instead, have some breakfast, wait about an hour and then take myself up to the gym. We'll see how that works for a little while. I'm fortunate that I have the luxury of being able to do that whenever I can because I'm a stay-at-home-mother.

As for being able to go to sleep when I'm hungry, it's probably more head hunger than actual hunger. Like I said last night, I'd just had dinner an hour earlier, so I wasn't physically hungry. :cool2: I used to use sleep to cure everything that ailed me. When I was coming down with a cold, I'd take a nap. If I had a headache, I'd take a nap. Earache, same thing. My brain was programed to know that nothing feels bad when you're asleep. So going to sleep when I'm hungry cures me of that. :thumbup: I know, it doesn't make any sense at all, but my crazy brain believes and accepts it. :tt2:

Ruby - Since I really don't count my carb #'s I just limit the amount of carbs I eat - but 156 seems a little high - 1/2 c rice is 38 - have you tried reducing your carbs and upping your Protein which you are a little low on.

That may help - you have done so well this week - it's hard to beleive that you are up a pound..

Hi,

We're ready to load the car with the last of the "STUFF" that is going with us. DH is losing his mind. Just spent about 30 minutes looking for a baggie of cords that was right in front of his face. So once I pointed out to him that.. YES, this IS what you've been looking for, now he's searching for the cell phone chargers that he THOUGHT were in that bag. That's okay. I was up until almost 2 a.m. sorting through all the junk on my computer table trying to figure out what needed to go with me and what needed to be put away until spring and what needed to just go in the trash! One more stop... at the doc's office for my Rx. Did find out some of the results of my bloodwork. Didn't like the fasting blood sugar. It was 103... should be below 100. That should definitely not be an issue. But I had just downed 20 oz of Crystal Lite. I know there is probably a small amount of sugar in it, but don't think it should have upped my sugar that much. Anyway, triglycerides 79... excellent, LDL/HDL ratio good, but HDL a little higher than I'd like to see it. Sub for the regular nurse is a retard so I don't trust what she was telling me anyway!! TTYL

7_6_1.gif

Phyl - That would be hard what to take what to leave... Get a copy of blood work that's what I did.. Have a safe trip - post when you can -

You still haven't told me when you are getting here...

Ruby - Since I really don't count my carb #'s I just limit the amount of carbs I eat - but 156 seems a little high - 1/2 c rice is 38 - have you tried reducing your carbs and upping your Protein which you are a little low on.

That may help - you have done so well this week - it's hard to beleive that you are up a pound..

Thanks for the tip. I remember Steph suggesting carb and protein numbers when we first started, but I've forgotten. Yes, perhaps I need to choose differently. I'm a carbo-holic but I've not been paying attention to those numbers, just the calories.

We went out for sushi with friends tonight. And I saved half of my daily calories because I knew I'd be eating rice. I wish I'd read you post before I left, I would've chosen sashimi instead. :mellow:

Oh well, I shall struggle onward....

Today's numbers:

Total calories = 1,089 (net = 934)

Carbs = 167g

Fat = 24g

Protein = 46g

Water = 48oz

I don't think I can get any more water in tonight. The rice is in my tummy and it might explode if I try. :thumbup:

Thanks again Janet. I'm going to study my numbers more closely and make different choices for eating. :)