Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky # Sevens- July 07 Bandsters

Phyl what's an elephant ear??? Yep you did very well yesterday !! I have such a hard time trying to figure out what I can and can't eat at food courts - fairs - fast food.. I find it very over whelming - it's mostly cuz everything is bread - and yes I can eat sandwhich bread - but there is no way I could eat a hamburger bun and all - everything at the fair is deep fried - bread loaded - cinnaboma's (sp) those are my weakness..

:tt1:

Think Indian Fry Bread... flat piece of deep fat fried DOUGH, sprinkled with cinnamon and sugar. I had one other choice that I would have gotten instead of the BBQ turkey leg.. they had something called a "Dinosaur Stick". So I asked what that was & they said it was a strip of sirloin steak on a stick. If SIL hadn't dragged us off to the BBQ place, that's what I would've had. Turkey leg was good, though, what I could eat of it. DH liked it.

OK were in the Hell is Steph !!!!! Has anyone heard from her...

Steph went to San Antonio with her mom & other relatives to see her niece graduate from AF basic training.

14_2_105.gif

Steph went to San Antonio with her mom & other relatives to see her niece graduate from AF basic training.

14_2_105.gif

Oh that's right - I forgot !!!! Oh I don't think I would want the elephant ear - I have seen the flat bread didn't impress me - I like cinnamon rolls - I love cin rolls - I would buy the Pillsbury ones and eat all 5 by myself...

Oh remember the days....

Thanks Janet. Now, the visual I have in my head is going to do me in. (too bad I'm in my jamies, I could have gone to the store. NOT)

Gosh darnit you all need to stop talking about elephant ears and cinnamon rolls. I just got back on this bandwagon!!

I did really well with food today. And the funny thing...I had WAY less calories today then I have the last several weeks and I actually had WAY more energy. Go figure!

This was my food run down for the day.

Breakfast - Sandwich with lunch meat and FF cheese on Sara Lee Low cal bread (165 calories)

snack - 1 package beef Jerky (120)

Lunch - Swedish Meatballs (310 calories)

Snack - 1 package beef jerky (110 calories)

dinner - Parmesan chicken and salad (305 calories)

Total 1010

Now I am 10 calories over what I would have like to be, but I am not freaking out about it! That is the new me I guess...or the part of me that still doesn't care!

Well despite my efforts to get to the gym tonight it is not going to happen. MIL is in CCU right now and not expected to make it past tonight. They are going in and removing her colon in an attempt to slow down the bacterial infection that is killing her. They figure if she makes it through surgery that she could potentially survive. Without the surgery they gave her a 5% chance, with the surgery we are up to a 40% chance. Not good odds either way. But I told hubby that I would go sit with him at the hospital so that he doesn't have to be there with his brother that he doesn't really like. I will however be back at the gym tomorrow. It isn't too bad since Mondays are typically my day off anyways.

Just popping in to log my totals:

Calories = 602 (net = -155)

Carbs = 84g

Fat = 17g

Protein = 29g

I managed to get some couscous down tonight, so I'm pleased about that. With my workouts today I ended up with a negative calorie count, so can't complain about that either.

I still suck when it comes to Water intake though. :rolleyes:

Gosh darnit you all need to stop talking about elephant ears and cinnamon rolls. I just got back on this bandwagon!!

I did really well with food today. And the funny thing...I had WAY less calories today then I have the last several weeks and I actually had WAY more energy. Go figure!

This was my food run down for the day.

Breakfast - Sandwich with lunch meat and FF cheese on Sara Lee Low cal bread (165 calories)

snack - 1 package beef Jerky (120)

Lunch - Swedish Meatballs (310 calories)

Snack - 1 package beef jerky (110 calories)

dinner - Parmesan chicken and salad (305 calories)

Total 1010

Now I am 10 calories over what I would have like to be, but I am not freaking out about it! That is the new me I guess...or the part of me that still doesn't care!

Well despite my efforts to get to the gym tonight it is not going to happen. MIL is in CCU right now and not expected to make it past tonight. They are going in and removing her colon in an attempt to slow down the bacterial infection that is killing her. They figure if she makes it through surgery that she could potentially survive. Without the surgery they gave her a 5% chance, with the surgery we are up to a 40% chance. Not good odds either way. But I told hubby that I would go sit with him at the hospital so that he doesn't have to be there with his brother that he doesn't really like. I will however be back at the gym tomorrow. It isn't too bad since Mondays are typically my day off anyways.

Karri - Hugs to you & DH - I hope that last night you had the strenght from each other to get thru it... Hugs & Love Janet

Just popping in to log my totals:

Calories = 602 (net = -155)

Carbs = 84g

Fat = 17g

Protein = 29g

I managed to get some couscous down tonight, so I'm pleased about that. With my workouts today I ended up with a negative calorie count, so can't complain about that either.

I still suck when it comes to Water intake though. :)

600 Caloris - you must have been tight - those scales should be moving..

I'm terrible on my water too...

I ok - I bet you I can get all my water in today and you can't - I am half way thru my 1st bottle - I have to drink 4 to get 67.60 ozs

Who want to take this bet.....

Good morning ladies. Well, it's still morning as I start this 11:58am. Today I'm hoping to eat some food. I think I'm hungry. Maybe I just think that because I haven't had any solid food yet, just coffee. I worry that I'll try something and it'll get stuck. Maybe I should do a day of mushies.

Your food choices were good yesterday Karri. You inspired me and I went out and bought some Lean Cuisine Swedish Meatballs this morning. I think I'll wait until tomorrow to try them though. I've never tried any of the Lean Cuisine meals, so if anyone has a favorite, let me know.

I also bought some Fiber One bars. Oat and Peanut Butter. I was there in the grocery store and the shelves are stacked to the brim with Halloween candy! :) I'm not a big candy eater, but peanut butter M&Ms sprang to mind. It was tough walking past those aisles, but as I turned my head the other way I spied the Fiber One bars so picked up a box of those instead. Go me! :)

Today I must, must, must try to get my Water in. I'm only just now starting on my first bottle. :) It's a really pleasant day out so perhaps I'll go sit on the balcony with my book and sip on a bottle or three of water.

Hope you're all behaving yourselves. :laugh: Will check back later.

600 Caloris - you must have been tight - those scales should be moving..

I'm terrible on my Water too...

I ok - I bet you I can get all my water in today and you can't - I am half way thru my 1st bottle - I have to drink 4 to get 67.60 ozs

Who want to take this bet.....

Go figure you would sneak in while I was making my post. I'll take that bet. :)

Karri - Hugs to you & DH - I hope that last night you had the strenght from each other to get thru it... Hugs & Love Janet

I'm terrible on my Water too...I ok - I bet you I can get all my water in today and you can't - I am half way thru my 1st bottle - I have to drink 4 to get 67.60 ozsWho want to take this bet.....

Go figure you would sneak in while I was making my post. I'll take that bet. :)

Yeah, me too. Can I count my coffee? ?? Had about 16 oz black coffee this morning. Now moving on to crystal lite but one more coffee on my agenda, later.

3_4_103.gif

Well despite my efforts to get to the gym tonight it is not going to happen. MIL is in CCU right now and not expected to make it past tonight. They are going in and removing her colon in an attempt to slow down the bacterial infection that is killing her. They figure if she makes it through surgery that she could potentially survive. Without the surgery they gave her a 5% chance, with the surgery we are up to a 40% chance. Not good odds either way. But I told hubby that I would go sit with him at the hospital so that he doesn't have to be there with his brother that he doesn't really like.

So sorry, Karri. Our SIL facing the same situation right now. It's hard. They just headed down to Sacramento this morning by car with all three kids. So I was selfishly really bummed about that yesterday because we're heading south in the RV Saturday, so I don't get to give our little sweeties one more hug and didn't really get to say goodbye. DH says maybe we can connect up with them next week. If they're still down there, we'll be in SF by Thursday if not before. Will be thinking of you, too, as you go through this similar situation with DH's dad.

Thanks for all the well wish I will make sure to pass them on to Lee (my DH). He is not an emotional guy but I could tell that it was bothering him last night. He is just concerned that his mom would not have wanted to surgery. But she has 2 kids that are very close to her that have power of attorney so they went ahead with the surgery. He is going to back to the hospital today.

So I am STARVING! However I managed to substitute other food for my regularly scheduled program so I will still be within calories. It has been almost 6 months since I have had to be under 1000 calories so it is taking some getting used to. Not to mention that I am completely unfilled so this is taking some major will power. It is good for me though. My head is quickly starting to get back in the game.

Okay now for a funny story. We got to bed REALLY late and the stupid street sweeper woke me up at 4AM so I didn't get a whole lot of sleep. Well I was trying to get dressed without turning on the light. I grabbed my shoes, put them on and headed out the door. In the middle of 1st period I realized that I had on 1 black shoe and 1 navy blue shoe!!!! How embarrasing. So now I have my gym shoes on with blue dress pants! I am the queen of style today!

Sorry, Karri... I meant DH's Mom. Got mixed up with SIL's Dad. Haven't heard from them this morning, but assume they are headed south on I-5 by now.

Just got back from appt with my primary care doc. My BP 108/64! So we discussed cutting meds. She cut one of my BP meds in half last time I was there. She doesn't want to just cut the other one because that's the one that has a diuretic in it. So we agreed to cut the BP part of the med but leave the diuretic the same. Only problem with that is, that means TWO pills instead of one.... at least for now. I might have gotten away with completely cutting the other med... but then she said, "you don't have any problems with palpitations, right?" Well, I have, on a couple of occassions. If I'd kept my mouth shut, I could have gotten rid of that one! Guess it helps regulate the heart beat. Anyway, she's pleased with my progress... says slow & steady is okay. She has another lapband patient who is struggling and she thinks her problem is liquid calories. I have to go back in the morning for blood work because it didn't dawn on me that i should fast! Then we'll see about the thyroid & cholesterol meds.

3_9_5v.gif

Good morning ladies. Well, it's still morning as I start this 11:58am. Today I'm hoping to eat some food. I think I'm hungry. Maybe I just think that because I haven't had any solid food yet, just coffee. I worry that I'll try something and it'll get stuck. Maybe I should do a day of mushies.

Your food choices were good yesterday Karri. You inspired me and I went out and bought some Lean Cuisine Swedish Meatballs this morning. I think I'll wait until tomorrow to try them though. I've never tried any of the Lean Cuisine meals, so if anyone has a favorite, let me know.

I'm the Lean Cuisine lady. I eat them probably about 4 times a week. Okay, my favorites.......cheese cannaloni, meat loafW/mashed potatoes, Love the turkey dinner.........the stuffing with it is only corn croutons but it comes with baked apple. it satisfies a lot of tastes. Now, for lunches......the flatbread sandwiches and panninis are really good. Also the brick oven chicken pizzas, both reg. and BBQ. They are all filling.7_4_17.gif

Just got back from appt with my primary care doc. My BP 108/64! So we discussed cutting meds. She cut one of my BP meds in half last time I was there. She doesn't want to just cut the other one because that's the one that has a diuretic in it. So we agreed to cut the BP part of the med but leave the diuretic the same. Only problem with that is, that means TWO pills instead of one.... at least for now. I might have gotten away with completely cutting the other med... but then she said, "you don't have any problems with palpitations, right?" Well, I have, on a couple of occassions. If I'd kept my mouth shut, I could have gotten rid of that one! Guess it helps regulate the heart beat. Anyway, she's pleased with my progress... says slow & steady is okay. She has another lapband patient who is struggling and she thinks her problem is liquid calories. I have to go back in the morning for blood work because it didn't dawn on me that i should fast! Then we'll see about the thyroid & cholesterol meds.

3_9_5v.gif

[/quote

Doesn't it feel fantastic to say bye bye to some of your meds? I'm still on thyroid (lowered) and cholesterol and my antidepressant,. That's it............from the town junkie to rehabbed dame. I have to go back for bloodwork the end of the week.4_17_211.gif

Okay, just got back from the doctor. Explained everything to him and he said that the reflux tells him that I am overfilled. And the upchucking hours after eating tells him that food is staying too long in my pouch. I have to admit that when I saw that black stuff, all I could think of was.........mold. Anyway, he told me I was doing just great, That being successful is 8-10 pounds per month and I am averaging about 8 pounds. He put the needle in and withdrew all the Fluid, and let me tell you, I felt a sudden release of I don't know. I felt really good, especially since I had to have DH stop on the way so I could get rid of half my lunch, which was 1/2 slice of meat loaf and three bites of mashed potatoes. I had 10cc's in my band, Now I have 9.5cc. We'll see if that helps. My stomach already feels better so I think I was just a little too tight, What a relief ! ! !

Now, to get my Water in. Maybe it will be easier since I'm a little looser. Have had almost two bottles so far today. And the frozen soda I had on the way home.

Karri - I'll be praying for your MIL and peace for your DH

36_1_67.gif

TTYL

sig.jsp?pc=ZSzeb098&pp=ZSYYYYYYNWUS

Ruby - Isn't it funny how a post will sneak in sometime :)

Ok I am on my 3rd water bottle !!! See I knew the bet would get you

It's how you got me to drink my Water the last time - you challenged me:laugh: and never let it be said that I didn't win a challenge :)

Karri - What was MIL surgery for - you guys are young - so his mom shouldn't be that old??

Yep I still play with my calories on a daily basis... I feed my hunger when it needs to be fed... I ate lunch but was still hungry - till about 2 and then it stopped...

Phyl - Well congrats on the blood pressure - that's great !!!

You are leaving Saturday to come to the Desert - When are you getting here 10/1 ???

Well, My commercial shoot got changed - it's been moved back to 10/1 - I guess some of the other pple couldn't make it tomorrow - that good - so now I can memorize my little speech and fret some more about what to wear..:) One good thing I have a hair appt on 9/27 so at least I will have a fresh hair cut & color ..

Ok back to work - Ruby I am a quarter done on bottle #3 :laugh:

Karri - What was MIL surgery for - you guys are young - so his mom shouldn't be that old??

Yep I still play with my calories on a daily basis... I feed my hunger when it needs to be fed... I ate lunch but was still hungry - till about 2 and then it stopped...

His mom is 75 I think. She was 40 when she had him so she was an "older" parent...though I don't think 40 is old...just older for having kids. She had her colon and half her intestines removed because they were decaying inside her and sending bacteria spreading throughout her body. I guess he isn't going in today because she is pretty much completely sedated.

Well I am off to the gym. I need to burn 800 calories...I figure that should be about 2 hours but I am going to use all the cardio machines so that I don't get too bored!

Later,

Karri