Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky # Sevens- July 07 Bandsters

Steph What are you talking about now I am goint to kick your butt

- the look at me post - I don't understand - We are a family - we are here to support good and bad and to give you our opinions on stuff - and somedays it is going to be all about you - just like it's all about me when I have an issue or want to brag about my weight loss - and hell ya we know I boasted - We should all be proud of each 1/4 lbs that we lose

Some days it's all about Phyl, or Ruby, Karri, Kari, Denise or Linda and Dionna...

We are family -ok !!! Got it... :tt2:

Hey!

:lol: what about ME, ME, ME :biggrin: :cool2::cry_smile:

Hi all. Its been a while for me. I have a question? had anyone had any pain in there port area? I have been having sharp pain on my left, usually after I eat. The doctor did an ultrasoud and found nothing wrong. ??? anyone had this problem?:biggrin:

CALORIES CARBS FAT PROTEINspacer.gifnt3_totals.jpg1,121, 95, 39, 104

revised Tuesday Totals!!!

What depresses me now is seeing myself when I try on clothes. Sure I lost weight but how in the hell did I let myself go? Why did I stretch my skin out so far? I feel I will always be sad about it because I will never get that 20 year old body back.

Denise - I feel the exact same way - But tell myself you are what you are and at least now you have done something good - you can't change the past all we can do is be happy with what we have now..

I might have some awful bat wings - but it's better than being fat.

Ha! He IS a good looking boy... but, he's our youngest and he's adopted!

But I'll take credit for his good looks! :biggrin:

Yes, those ARE my new jeans. Too bad it was a little windy & chilly down by the water... Under the sweat shirt?? A polo shirt I got at the Goodwill Store last week for $3 and it was NOT on the PLUS size rack... it fits and its only an XL! We took two more boxes of baggy clothes to Goodwill and I always have to go in and see what I can find!

Great Pic Phyl and XL - WTG :cool2:

Ruby- Good going on you calories :lol:

Hey!

:lol: what about ME, ME, ME :biggrin: :cool2::cry_smile:

You know what I had typed Peaches... but then took it out to put Candice but guess forgot

I AM SO SORRY - YOU GET TO SPANK ME :tt2:

Hi all. Its been a while for me. I have a question? had anyone had any pain in there port area? I have been having sharp pain on my left, usually after I eat. The doctor did an ultrasoud and found nothing wrong. ??? anyone had this problem?:biggrin:

It's Gas...

Hi Guys, Have to quit lurking here. There are posts here to respond to.

Phyll - Great pic. Looked at it and wondered who the hottie was. Kept reading and found out. 8 Pounds a month? That is what I averaged. Last spring. Things have really slowed down for me lately. I think you are doing great and as long as you think you're doing great.......that is all that counts. I loved the day when I bought a XL................can't wait till it is only a large. My baby daughter gave me a p;air of Gap jeans, size 14 to try on. They fit.

Steph - You are looking great, girl. Don't let anyone tell you that you are too skinny. You know what looks good and feels good on you. That is what counts. My neighbor keeps telling me I am too skinny and where do I plan to lose any more...............5"9" and 175 pounds is not skinny. There is plenty of room for improvement. But I have to admit that it feels good to hear that word. SKINNY

One of these days, I'll get a digital camera and learn how to post pictures here.

Denise - I know what you are feeling. I can't believe that I waited this long to lose weight and keep wondering why it took so long. The saggy baggy skin..........heck, I'm 58.........Never gonna get into a bikini again, no matter how much weight lost. I'm just happy that I've decided to join the world of the living again.

I've been doing pretty good with food choices, except for the M&Ms (they're gone now) But, I'm having trouble getting my Water in. Three seems to be my limit lately.

OKAY, NOW. GOTTA GO START dinner. SO I'LL CHECK BACK TOMORROW. HAVE A GOOD NIGHT ALL.

Best of luck to you and send along a picture so we can see what you look like :omg_smile:

Here are my pictures taken the morning of my surgery. I have not had any pictures taken since then so I will have some taken this weekend since 9/16 will be 2 month anniversary but I will be out of town.

post-40136-13813137563709_thumb.jpg

post-40136-13813137563991_thumb.jpg

post-40136-13813137564283_thumb.jpg

Since I've only lost 15 lbs, I don't really think there is much difference between then and now so that's why I haven't been all that anxious to take new pics but maybe the pics will tell a different story.

BTW, the name is Donna but when the website moderator approved the name, they came back with Dionna so I just didn't bother to correct them.

Hi Ladies;

Phyl; I loved the picture of you and your son too!! Blue jeans are great too!!! Love that smile on your face.

Donna; Your pictures looked great, thanks for sending them along. I always like putting a face to the name.. and you are near Houston? Will you have to evacuate in the next couple of days??? Man you guys have sure had terrible fortune with weather this year.

Today's Totals:

CALORIESCARBSFATPROTEINspacer.gifnt3_totals.jpg1,743,208,56,113

went a tad overboard tonight!!! My DH birthday is tomorrow but we selebrated tonight. I made him his favourites. BBQ pork ribs and coffee Cake(sugar free) with SF Icecream for dessert... I make the cake from scratch so I could manipulate the ingredients, use Splenda, whole=wheat flour, FF Sour Cream instead of oil... but alas the calories still added up to too much.. But he appreciated the effort.. cake was kinda dry too.. not quite used to my new oven yet :omg_smile:

We've had several headed our way so far this season but none has "hit" Houston yet. Ike seems pretty determined to hit us so I'm not sure what we will be doing. We're in a new suburb north of Houston so we don't really have to worry about any big tree damages and we're not terribly concerned about wind damage this far inland. However, when Rita hit us in '05, we lost electricity for a couple of days and THAT was not fun. Without electricity, life basically gets put on hold. All the gas stations were out of gas so we couldn't get enough gas to get out of town. I think we'll decide tomorrow what we're going to do.

Since I've only lost 15 lbs, I don't really think there is much difference between then and now so that's why I haven't been all that anxious to take new pics but maybe the pics will tell a different story.

BTW, the name is Donna but when the website moderator approved the name, they came back with Dionna so I just didn't bother to correct them.

Hey Donna Thanks for the Pictures now we know what you look like - You sorta have the same shape I did in the beginning...

Have you had your 1st fill ?? When do you go for your 2nd fill - What are you eating, are you logging your calories - and the all important - exercises - are you doing any of that yet..

Hi Ladies;

Phyl; I loved the picture of you and your son too!! Blue jeans are great too!!! Love that smile on your face.

Donna; Your pictures looked great, thanks for sending them along. I always like putting a face to the name.. and you are near Houston? Will you have to evacuate in the next couple of days??? Man you guys have sure had terrible fortune with weather this year.

Today's Totals:

CALORIESCARBSFATPROTEINspacer.gifnt3_totals.jpg1,743,208,56,113

went a tad overboard tonight!!! My DH birthday is tomorrow but we selebrated tonight. I made him his favourites. BBQ pork ribs and coffee Cake(sugar free) with SF Icecream for dessert... I make the cake from scratch so I could manipulate the ingredients, use Splenda, whole=wheat flour, FF Sour Cream instead of oil... but alas the calories still added up to too much.. But he appreciated the effort.. cake was kinda dry too.. not quite used to my new oven yet :scared2:

Candice - DH bday - is just like yours - calories don't count - you aren't too bad .. Make up for it tomorrow and since you are celebrating tonite - get a little mattress exercise in - that counts :tongue2::w00t::w00t: also I have read to use applesauce in place of oil in your cakes baking etc..

We've had several headed our way so far this season but none has "hit" Houston yet. Ike seems pretty determined to hit us so I'm not sure what we will be doing. We're in a new suburb north of Houston so we don't really have to worry about any big tree damages and we're not terribly concerned about wind damage this far inland. However, when Rita hit us in '05, we lost electricity for a couple of days and THAT was not fun. Without electricity, life basically gets put on hold. All the gas stations were out of gas so we couldn't get enough gas to get out of town. I think we'll decide tomorrow what we're going to do.

Donna - I haven't had a chance to watch the news yet - but will pay attention now that I have a lucky #7 in the path - Will keep you and your family in our prayer - omw now power - now gas - that would be so hard..

Hugs...

---------------------------------------------------------------------

OK gang just got back from the gym - still gotta fix dinner - Andrew got his car back today - but it's making a noise so it has to go back. But at least I don't have to play taxi cab in the morning...

Not much to report - food today Steak for Breakfast 4 oz - 1/4 apple - 4 oz fish & cauliflower for lunch - Fiberone Bar snack - have some ground turkey in the fridge - I guess turkey meat loaf & veggies and tatoes ofr dinner - I am a little tired - but gotta cook so I will have lunch tomorrow.

I have some oatmeal Cookies (they are little 36 calories each) had 4 before bed and 2 @ 2 - may just have to throw them away...

Ok off to see what's cooking for dinner ...

CBL :omg_smile:

Thanks for posting your pics Donna! :)

I noticed a 15lb difference when I first started out but not until I saw the photos side by side. I'm glad you've decided to hang out here with us. As Janet mentioned, don't be afraid to let us know where you're at, where you want to be, how you want to get there and what you're actually doing about it. I know I can lie to myself (not that I'm saying you lie!) about how well I'm doing, but having to put things in black and white here stops me from doing that. And of course if there's anything we can do to help you, let us know.

If you want to log your calories like a few of us are, you're more than welcome to join in. If you look at our signatures, some of us keep tallies of the exercise goals we have for the month. I think my very first goal was to exercise 15 hours total in a month. It was a good goal for me. It meant doing 30 minutes of something each day. Even if those 30 minutes were broken up into 3 x 10 minute walks, it was still 30 minutes total. :sad:

I heard on the news tonight that Ike was supposed to hit between Houston and Corpus Christi, then move inland and make a turn to the right and up towards us here in North Dallas by Monday. I expect it will have weakened by the time it gets here but you'll probably get a good dousing of it where you are. :cool2: Make sure you keep yourself and your loved ones safe and keep checking in here. We're a bunch of worry warts and need to know that all of our family members are safe. Oh, you should consider yourself part of the family. :w00t:

Anyway, that's it from me tonight except my food updates:

Calories = 1,137 (net 978)

Carbs = 103g

Fat = 55g

Protein = 57g

Like Kari, I'm struggling to get my Water in. Only 24oz so far today. I'll try to get more in before bed and do better tomorrow.

Thanks for posting your pics Donna! :)

I noticed a 15lb difference when I first started out but not until I saw the photos side by side. I'm glad you've decided to hang out here with us. As Janet mentioned, don't be afraid to let us know where you're at, where you want to be, how you want to get there and what you're actually doing about it. I know I can lie to myself (not that I'm saying you lie!) about how well I'm doing, but having to put things in black and white here stops me from doing that. And of course if there's anything we can do to help you, let us know.

If you want to log your calories like a few of us are, you're more than welcome to join in. If you look at our signatures, some of us keep tallies of the exercise goals we have for the month. I think my very first goal was to exercise 15 hours total in a month. It was a good goal for me. It meant doing 30 minutes of something each day. Even if those 30 minutes were broken up into 3 x 10 minute walks, it was still 30 minutes total. :sad:

I heard on the news tonight that Ike was supposed to hit between Houston and Corpus Christi, then move inland and make a turn to the right and up towards us here in North Dallas by Monday. I expect it will have weakened by the time it gets here but you'll probably get a good dousing of it where you are. :cool2: Make sure you keep yourself and your loved ones safe and keep checking in here. We're a bunch of worry warts and need to know that all of our family members are safe. Oh, you should consider yourself part of the family. :w00t:

Anyway, that's it from me tonight except my food updates:

Calories = 1,137 (net 978)

Carbs = 103g

Fat = 55g

Protein = 57g

Like Kari, I'm struggling to get my Water in. Only 24oz so far today. I'll try to get more in before bed and do better tomorrow.

Great suggestions Ruby !!!

Heck I haven't eaten dinner yet - I posted here then went to my mentor thread was 3/4 done - phone rang - gf in tears - she swallowed her crown her dog die a couple of weeks ago - work is terrible - so had to calm her down and get her in the right frame of mind - in the meantime GS gets on my computer for something - I am now off the phone and in the kitchen trying to cook something at 8:30 for dinner - and guess what he does - turns off my computer - lost my post - UGH:cursing:

So had to go and repost - then see we have activity so gotta ck it out and I just loved your suggestions - so had to post - it's 9:21 and I haven't eaten - or watched any t.v.

So just wanted to say that - I gotta go unwind and for me being on here isn't unwinding - it gets my brain going and I think about how I responed or should have responded - of great idea i have about whatever we are talking about - so I am calling it a nite - 5 a.m will be here before I know it..

talk to you all tomorrow ...

Hugs & love - Janet

Good Morning Gang

OMG I almost broke my ankle last night - I did the above post and signed off - while sitting at the computer I had my legs crossed - well got up out of the chair and my foot I guess fell asleep - I went to walk and my left foot was like a flipper I had no control - well it bent underneat me and I heard all this cracking and I fell - and was yelling in pain... I just kept saying oh please don't let it be broken - I mean all my weight was on that leg - Andrew comes running asking me what's wrong... and I can't even talk - Do you know the 1st thing he said - do you want medicine (pain stuff) - Told him no I need ice - well after about 5 minutes I could move it so I know it's not broken - but I this morning my achillies tendion hurts and I am a little gimpy... Be careful gang.. That's all I gotta say - leg crossing is great but after sitting at the computer for 45 minutes it does stop your cirulation....

9/11/08- GOD BLESS AMERCIA !!!! Today is a sad day - I remember 7 yrs ago and the total shock and disbelief in what had happend.. Please keep the pple who lost their lives and their families in your prayers today and always - What a different world we live in today...