Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky # Sevens- July 07 Bandsters

Everyone - Repeat the Mantra - I am in a smaller size than last year - I am not ____ any longer... I am a smaller person my clothing size is proof...

Remember I said our new Winco grocery store was opening yesterday and I was going after the gym ... Well, I went - the parking lot was full - I get to the door - the girl there handing out maps of the store - say it's a '2 HOUR WAIT TO GET THRU THE CHECK OUT LINE" can you fricking beleive that - I turned around and walked out... .

No it's a bulk grocery store - like food 4 Less (do you have those in Tx)- Mac N cheese 39 cents (kraft) bacon 98 cents - chickbreast 2.98 - coke 1.98 12 pack banana 18 cent pound... I live in an area of indio which presently has tons of new housing tracts but no retail - you gotta drive clear across town to go grocery shopping to the next town over to go to Walmart or target. So we are now getting retail Fresh & Easy Market - CVS/ Walgreens / Home Depot -Petco - Staples - Super Target - Ross all this is within 1/4 mile of my house. I am over joyed ... But not going to wait 2 hrs in line - hell all your food would spoil melt :crying:

Wow!! DH would not handle that... he won't put frozen food in the shopping cart until he is SURE we're ready to check out!! No way he would wait... or let me wait... 2 hrs to check out!!

:eek::eek::wub::eek::eek:

Phyl, there is no way you should be disappointed in any way. You have lost an amazing amount of weight. Like Janet said, there is a lot of reason for you having "slow" loss....but I wouldn't call what you've done slow in any sense of the word. You've lost an average of what??? 8 pounds a month? Some months bigger, some months smaller, but 8 pounds a month! That's amazing. And then when you are heavier it takes a lot more loss to drop a size. I remember it seemed to take a LONG time for the drop from 20 - 18 but by the time I had worn my size 16's about 3 times I needed 14's. Since June I have dropped from 12 to 10 to 8 to 6....the end of July I was more in 10's than 8's. Finally, you have those knees that are holding you back.

Now....let me tell you what I told Rose. That Phyl is so inspirational. She had the love of herself to want to make her life better. She didn't just give up because she has bad knees. She does her wii fit almost EVERY DAY! And she has lost an amazing amount of weight! She travels. She's so outgoing. I hope I am half the woman she is at her age. I want to be as wonderful as her some day. You are an amazing woman. You have done amazing things in the last year. Please know how much I think of you.

Okay...I have to go. I will talk to you again later today.

Well said - I second that !!!!! Phyl are you reading this - we are going to kick your butt for being disappointed - 8 lbs a month - That's flipping fantastic... :cursing:

You gals are GREAT!! Thanks for your encouragement! I know I have to keep my eyes on the goal and not get bogged down in the process!!

I needed a little SMACK!! Thanks!

Here they are, they aren't great, but they never are. I didn't use the Spanx and wore the most disgusting looking clothes I could come up with. If I feel bad about me, I should try to burn your eyes too.

YOU LOOK GREAT!!!

I gotta ask... is that your "pull on over your head bra?" :thumbdown:

Ha Ha!!

She got you with that one, Steph!!

Good one Candice!!

8_4_100.gif 10_1_26.gif 8_4_100.gif

Steph

You can see your loss since we last saw you in July:thumbup:

Good Job....:thumbdown:

No you are not too skinny at all and you are not freaking fat either

You got boobs and a butt things girls are suppose to have - I don't think 130 which I think is your goal weight will be to thin and imho I think you should strive for it - heck you are young - your skin is bouncing back really good - I think you will be just right 130 - 125 - I know that you think 10 lbs isn't going to make a diff - but it does - I thought the same thing too - but as you get smaller those pounds lost show more...

And as far as sizes go when I weighed 120 I wore like a 7/8 - I really think that they have changed sizes in the last few year.. Plus we were shopping in the teen section back then and now a days we are in the womens section - I think that they do cut teen clothes a little smaller - but can't bet the farm on it - I can't say I really have shopped the teen section since losing weight - the whole sleeveless issue ... and they don't make the clothes for women with chest..

Ladies! You are awesome! Thank you for your complements. It makes me feel better about how I see myself....that I'm not crazy thinking there is still room for improvement.

Yes Candice, that is a sports bra but bought especially to go under the tanks. Any REAL bra has straps that don't work. If I'm wearing something over it I wear a real bra though. The girls definitely appreciate it when I support them correctly. Another problem with continued loss is my new beautiful bras don't fit cup size anymore. GRRR.

I owe you all a big apology though. I remember when I got here I said the oh yeah look at me posts that the Dec. threads created drove me crazy. And then here I am doing the same thing I think. I'm really sorry you guys. I guess I'm a big hypocrite. I love you guys and I'm re evaluating.

I'll be back later. Little girly isn't feeling really well tonight so I'm going to spend some time cuddling. Still have to pack too.

Hi Everyone,

Sorry I didn't post since I got back from the storm. I didn't realize. DH worked in Little Rock Mon through Fri. We drove back Sat. We only lost one small piece of siding. Really no damage around at all. We did have a tornado near my work a few days after the storm. It damaged the place where I take dance lessons, so they're cancelled for now. It didn't really rain much here, but it rained 3 straight days in Little Rock.

I have a lot of post to catch up on. I'll try to come back later. Right now I have to go do some homework. I'm swamped, did about 20 suspensions today. Kids who haven't returned emergency cards. It shows you the kind of clientel I deal with. I have to suspend to get a freakin emergency card back. We've been in school for 3 freakin weeks. Lovely parents!!!! Tomorrow's gonna be hell because of course it's politically incorect for me to say.... Well @$%##$ if you did your damn job as a parent I'd have my damn card.

Ladies! You are awesome! Thank you for your complements. It makes me feel better about how I see myself....that I'm not crazy thinking there is still room for improvement.

I owe you all a big apology though.

I remember when I got here I said the oh yeah look at me posts that the Dec. threads created drove me crazy.

And then here I am doing the same thing I think. I'm really sorry you guys. I guess I'm a big hypocrite. I love you guys and I'm re evaluating.

Steph What are you talking about now I am goint to kick your butt

- the look at me post - I don't understand - We are a family - we are here to support good and bad and to give you our opinions on stuff - and somedays it is going to be all about you - just like it's all about me when I have an issue or want to brag about my weight loss - and hell ya we know I boasted - We should all be proud of each 1/4 lbs that we lose

Some days it's all about Phyl, or Ruby, Karri, Kari, Denise or Linda and Dionna...

We are family -ok !!! Got it... :thumbup:

Hi Everyone,

Sorry I didn't post since I got back from the storm. I didn't realize. DH worked in Little Rock Mon through Fri. We drove back Sat. We only lost one small piece of siding. Really no damage around at all. We did have a tornado near my work a few days after the storm. It damaged the place where I take dance lessons, so they're cancelled for now. It didn't really rain much here, but it rained 3 straight days in Little Rock.

I have a lot of post to catch up on. I'll try to come back later. Right now I have to go do some homework. I'm swamped, did about 20 suspensions today. Kids who haven't returned emergency cards. It shows you the kind of clientel I deal with. I have to suspend to get a freakin emergency card back. We've been in school for 3 freakin weeks. Lovely parents!!!! Tomorrow's gonna be hell because of course it's politically incorect for me to say.... Well @$%##$ if you did your damn job as a parent I'd have my damn card.

Ok We can breath a sigh of releif... You are home safe and sound and back to the freaking job and the freaking kids - we are back to normal :smile:

Glad you are ok and so is the house - sorry about your dance class - what a bummer...

I am a good parent - Andrew's was filled out before schools started (they went an pickup packets like 2 weeks before schoold started) he had his turned in the 1st day of school :thumbup:

I owe you all a big apology though. I remember when I got here I said the oh yeah look at me posts that the Dec. threads created drove me crazy. And then here I am doing the same thing I think. I'm really sorry you guys. I guess I'm a big hypocrite. I love you guys and I'm re evaluating.

What on earth are you apologizing for? I could understand if all we ever did here was post new pics every week to get some attention, but we don't. I for one love seeing new pics. As my son says, don't be such a stoooopid head. I've reprimanded him when he's said that, but somehow it jumped into my brain and I thought it was appropriate. :thumbup:

What on earth are you apologizing for? I could understand if all we ever did here was post new pics every week to get some attention, but we don't. I for one love seeing new pics. As my son says, don't be such a stoooopid head. I've reprimanded him when he's said that, but somehow it jumped into my brain and I thought it was appropriate. :thumbup:

You betcha!! I LOVE seeing everyone's pictures!!

And I"m going to post one soon... took a ferry ride today with our son & it was such a BEAUTIFUL day in the Pacific NW!!! For a change!! 7 day forecast says it's supposed to stay like this!! 70-80 & sunny!

16_6_1v.gif

Just checking in with my day's totals before heading off to bed.

Calories = 1,144

Carbs = 179

Fat = 37

Protein = 48

Did not do well with Water today. I only got in 32oz. Question: Is it total cals or net cals that are more important?

I say net. You can have a little extra treat if you are willing to work it off. I always figured that as long as my nets were under the goal I was alright....and it always worked for me.

My tummy is a disaster. It's always been my problem area. I had a mummy tummy long before I was even a mummy. My future plans are to get a Tummy Tuck so I'm not too worried about that. Still, it's fat.

My inner thighs are floppy. I'm probably going to need surgery to fix those because they're saggy and no amount of exercise is going to do anything about that.

I'm okay with my face. I am fortunate that that's usually the first place I lose weight. I worry though that if I lose too much weight I'll start to look gaunt and my eyes will look hollow and saggy with dark circles under them.

I'm okay with my hands, they're not what I would call pretty, but I'm not worried about them.

My feet I wish I could fix. They're short, but I have high arches, so it means I can't wear the really pretty sandals and stuff because my feet just won't go in them. They appear fat and wide. The ones that fit around my feet are an inch or two too long.

When I read this, I started to imagine my hubby talking about himself like this. Do you think men ever think of this? Why are women cursed with being so critical? Why do we feel we have to be perfect or we're not good enough? And who the hell told us what perfect is supposed to be?

What depresses me now is seeing myself when I try on clothes. Sure I lost weight but how in the hell did I let myself go? Why did I stretch my skin out so far? I feel I will always be sad about it because I will never get that 20 year old body back.

Steph - You look great hun!! I would worry about being too skinny if someone can read the paper between your thighs.

Phyl - What da hell? Your weight loss is fantastic. Snap outta it

Candice - Congrats on the new SIL2B

Sept2008061.jpg

I say net. You can have a little extra treat if you are willing to work it off. I always figured that as long as my nets were under the goal I was alright....and it always worked for me.

Thanks Steph. I've been ignoring the net cals and trying to stay under the total. It's nice to know I can relax a little.

Denise - you're right! I have a criticism for almost every part of my body. :smile: I remember reading an article once about Supermodels who do the same thing. Their bodies earn them a very good living, but there are areas that they don't like. So what hope is there for me? :woot::smile:

Phyl, you have a good looking boy there. Obviously takes after his mother. :thumbup: You're looking great too. Are those your new jeans?

Thanks Steph. I've been ignoring the net cals and trying to stay under the total. It's nice to know I can relax a little.

Denise - you're right! I have a criticism for almost every part of my body. :tt2: I remember reading an article once about Supermodels who do the same thing. Their bodies earn them a very good living, but there are areas that they don't like. So what hope is there for me? :tt2::lol:

Phyl, you have a good looking boy there. Obviously takes after his mother. :cool2: You're looking great too. Are those your new jeans?

Ha! He IS a good looking boy... but, he's our youngest and he's adopted!

But I'll take credit for his good looks! :biggrin:

Yes, those ARE my new jeans. Too bad it was a little windy & chilly down by the water... Under the sweat shirt?? A polo shirt I got at the Goodwill Store last week for $3 and it was NOT on the PLUS size rack... it fits and its only an XL! We took two more boxes of baggy clothes to Goodwill and I always have to go in and see what I can find!

Hi Everyone,

OH Denise I am so glad that you are back and that you had minimal damage. So what's up with the Emergency Card thing? I'm from Canada so I am unsure what your procedures are there.

HUGS,

Candice