Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky # Sevens- July 07 Bandsters

Great to see you posting Phyl. Don't get depressed about the others W/L we are all on our OWN Journey.... I still have quite a ways to go as well... 1 1/2 lbs a week is a good steady loss.. Keep that up and you'll be into the size 16's!!!

My body for one is weird! I can get into a 16 top now, but fit into some 14 pants??? Guess I'll always be a bit top heavy. :frown:

WHen you talk about your Earl it makes me :biggrin: cause my Hubby does the same thing. Plots our investments daily on a spreadsheet. Watches the stockmarket..... then makes a big announcemetn.. We've lost $40k in the past month...!!!!:frown:

But you know what, there is not a damn thing you can do about it, its out of our control... the only thing we can control is how we make it and how we spend it. I plan on working another 4/5 yrs. Peter just announced his retirement date as next June09. So he can't be that worried? Or he'd work another year right? He's no where near manditory retirement yet.

I think 'they' just like something to get all huffed up about sometimes.:sad:

Thanks, gals... appreciate the encouragement from both of you. I am happy with my new jeans, and my BELT!! And my 18/20 shirts. Progress has just been very slow lately. Five lb in June & another five in July but less than 1 lb last month.... vacation. Now youngest DS is here... haven't seen him in about 3 years I think... so ate the wrong things yesterday, going out to lunch today! Took him to see both daughters. One had made stroganoff for dinner (I didn't eat the noodles, but she'd heated up a little rice for me) The other one was just taking (ANOTHER) blackbery pie out of the oven when we got there! Had a small sliver, spoonful of icecream! UGH!

Money thing is ridiculous! HAH!! Sounds like we ARE married to the same guy. Mine keeps his calculator & notebook with all his charts and figures right next to his laptop in the living room. I get daily updates as to how much we've "LOST", but never talks aobut it when it looks good!

This latest episode started with a big fight, which is kinda funny. I've been playing "Parking Wars" with 2 DDs, SIL, DIL & others on Facebook. You get a street with your name and 2 cars to start out with. You can't park your cars on your street. They have to be parked on other people's street in "legal" parking spaces. So I woke up one morning and I'd had a red car parked in a red car space on DIL's street and the parking space status changed overnight to a different color and she'd given me a "parking ticket" which cost me $5K+, and I lost the value of the car... they increase in value up to a max value the longer you are parked, and then you cash them in. So DIL "caught" me parked illegally which cost me over $10K. So I was complaining to DH (who is also playing). So he started chewing me out because I was more upset over pretend money than I am about real money! So I told him it's all pretend to me because it's only figures on a piece of paper and he'll never spend it anyway. That was the WRONG thing to say! It escalated from there and cost me a couple of days of grumpy!

:D:biggrin::frown::biggrin:

Anyone want to play "Parkng Wars"???

You have to get a Facebook account first.

12_7_5.gif

Good Morning Gang..

Ok remember last night 8:42 and starving - well ate my hamburger patty too fast and guess what happend :frown: - I was so pissed... I was hungry even though I pb - I was hungry and couldn't eat .:D But guess what did go down ok - oatmeal Raisin Cookies dipped in milk :sad: - Didn't get my Protein yesterday so today will be protein heavy....

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok Phyl - I understand your frustrations - I remember going to WW and pple joining who had like 15 to lose and the majority had 100+ to lose. The instructor said it's all relative - those 15 lbs where just as important and hard for the thin girls as we called them as it was for us to lose the 100.

You have lost almost 90 frickin pounds in just a little over 1 yr :frown:- You have a physical limitation (your knees) which prevents you from exercising like the rest of us.. So of course it's going to come off a little slower - don't get mad :biggrin: but you have a few yrs on us and you have done alot of traveling which is something I really didn't do during my weight loss phase and when I did - I can tell you the food choices weren't the greatest as most of the food that you have to choose from isn't the same as what you can have at home...

You have done so very very well... Please done let us at goal or near goal put a damper on your motivation... Just think you are coming back to Desert - you will have your Water exercise and between that and your healthy eating I bet you - you will have lost another 35-45 lbs this winter which is going to put you that close to your goal !!!

Tell Earl - what goes up must come down and that it will go up again - I don't watch the market - I learned along time ago not to.. It will drive you crazy

Glad you are getting some time with DS - That's good - Love the one that she's it but he's not divorced from the last one :frown:

Hugs - You are doing GREAT !!!!! Don't get down -I know easy for me to say - but it's all relative - you will get there for that I am SURE OF...

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Steph - I think your goal of 130 is right on for your height and age.

Even at 130 you are going to have some fat on your body - We are never going to get rid of our body issues - we are never going to be perfect - no one is - even those girls we look at and think - they have perfect bods - they don't see that when they look in the mirror. The size 0 girls think they are fat..

No you aren't going to become anorixic - I am not even concerned with that - you have a level head you have learned to eat healthy and exercise.

It's going to take a while for your mind to catch up with what you really look like in the mirror..

Take me for example - I am 145 got 2 inches on you and wear 6's & a couple 4's - do you see a fat person when you look at me.. Nope. I still see her at time.. At other time I see a thin person and am amazed that's me in the mirror - I see the bat wings. I see bags under my eyes you guys don't.

No at a size 6 you are not fat - you have skinny girl verison of fat that 10 - 15 lbs to lose. You will know when it's time to stop losing weight - I did and I was freaking about it too. My friends here said you don't need to lose anymore when I was 160 - I said yes I do I want 145. That's the number I wanted - I feel good at this weight - You will know when you are at the weight that you feel comfortable with...

Ruby - Plastic surgery is a girls best friend :0) - And I get the whole I don't look like an 8 - yes you do - the size on those pants say 8 so you do look like an 8... What we fat chick think of as of a size 8 is tiny buy your brain is still thinking in that 20/22 size -

When you look in the mirror and you have those size 8's on - tell yourself I am an 8 these pants are an 8 - I do look like an 8 - that's the mantra I say to myself every day - my clothes are a certain number it's what they say I am so I am..

Ok I want to post before noon - I started this at 7:20 and it's now 9:16...

I hope it makes sense - I have had so many interuptions...

Hugs....

*sigh* Now see, I wasn't looking for a pep talk but I got one and I feel like a million bucks now. :D

I am an 8. 8 is not fat. I am not fat.

I think 80% of me believes that. If I keep saying it long enough and loud enough the other 20% will buckle and agree just to get some peace and quiet. :biggrin:

Everyone - Repeat the Mantra - I am in a smaller size than last year - I am not ____ any longer... I am a smaller person my clothing size is proof...

ok I forgot to tell you all this this morning

Remember I said our new Winco grocery store was opening yesterday and I was going after the gym ...

Well, I went - the parking lot was full - I get to the door - the girl there handing out maps of the store - say it's a '2 HOUR WAIT TO GET THRU THE CHECK OUT LINE" can you fricking beleive that - I turned around and walked out...

I guess I will have to wait a few days before I can get into my own neighborhood store - they should have had a soft opening just for the pple in the neighborhood before the whole Coachella Valley was there yesterday..

What's a Winco? Is it some sort of specialty gourmet grocery store? I can't imagine anyone waiting 2 hours in the checkout line for groceries unless they're in the Soviet Union or they're stocking up the night before a hurricane (something that happens frequently here in Houston).

What's a Winco? Is it some sort of specialty gourmet grocery store? I can't imagine anyone waiting 2 hours in the checkout line for groceries unless they're in the Soviet Union or they're stocking up the night before a hurricane (something that happens frequently here in Houston).

No it's a bulk grocery store - like food 4 Less (do you have those in Tx)- Mac N cheese 39 cents (kraft) bacon 98 cents - chickbreast 2.98 - coke 1.98 12 pack banana 18 cent pound...

I live in an area of indio which presently has tons of new housing tracts but no retail - you gotta drive clear across town to go grocery shopping to the next town over to go to Walmart or target.

So we are now getting retail Fresh & Easy Market - CVS/ Walgreens / Home Depot -Petco - Staples - Super Target - Ross all this is within 1/4 mile of my house

I am over joyed ... But not going to wait 2 hrs in line - hell all your food would spoil melt :thumbdown:

Hi ladies!

Hope everyone had a great day. I did so far. Went to my school to sub for the computer teacher and really had a great visit with all the kids. It was wonderful! And I'm missed which more than I thought I would be. That makes me feel like I did something special there.

Then I went and got my hair done and I LOVE it. I don't know that I'll be able to fix it the way the lady did....but I love it anyways.

I'm going to have dh take some pics tonight and post them. I do think you need to see what I'm talking about so that you can give me the honest view of other bandsters.

Phyl, there is no way you should be disappointed in any way. You have lost an amazing amount of weight. Like Janet said, there is a lot of reason for you having "slow" loss....but I wouldn't call what you've done slow in any sense of the word. You've lost an average of what??? 8 pounds a month? Some months bigger, some months smaller, but 8 pounds a month! That's amazing. And then when you are heavier it takes a lot more loss to drop a size. I remember it seemed to take a LONG time for the drop from 20 - 18 but by the time I had worn my size 16's about 3 times I needed 14's. Since June I have dropped from 12 to 10 to 8 to 6....the end of July I was more in 10's than 8's. Finally, you have those knees that are holding you back.

Now....let me tell you what I told Rose. That Phyl is so inspirational. She had the love of herself to want to make her life better. She didn't just give up because she has bad knees. She does her wii fit almost EVERY DAY! And she has lost an amazing amount of weight! She travels. She's so outgoing. I hope I am half the woman she is at her age. I want to be as wonderful as her some day.

You are an amazing woman. You have done amazing things in the last year. Please know how much I think of you.

Okay...I have to go. I will talk to you again later today.

I live in a new subdivision as well so we have the same problem with no local grocery store. A SuperWalMart did open up right outside the subdivision but I hate going there because of the long lines and crowds. Besides, I'm just not a fan of Wal-Mart. I grew up in a small town in KY and watched all the local mom and pop stores go out of business when Wal-Mart came to town. It somehow seemed to take the soul out of our town. :cursing:

Anyway, I'm claustrophobic and hate long lines. I'd rather drive for 2 hours than stand in line for a 1/2 hour! It's not the passage of time, but what I'm doing while time passes. At least when I'm driving, I see new sites, listen to music, etc. whereas waiting in line, I'm basically trapped. :thumbdown:

Edited by Dionna113
typos

Phyl, there is no way you should be disappointed in any way. You have lost an amazing amount of weight. Like Janet said, there is a lot of reason for you having "slow" loss....but I wouldn't call what you've done slow in any sense of the word. You've lost an average of what??? 8 pounds a month? Some months bigger, some months smaller, but 8 pounds a month! That's amazing. And then when you are heavier it takes a lot more loss to drop a size. I remember it seemed to take a LONG time for the drop from 20 - 18 but by the time I had worn my size 16's about 3 times I needed 14's. Since June I have dropped from 12 to 10 to 8 to 6....the end of July I was more in 10's than 8's. Finally, you have those knees that are holding you back.

Now....let me tell you what I told Rose. That Phyl is so inspirational. She had the love of herself to want to make her life better. She didn't just give up because she has bad knees. She does her wii fit almost EVERY DAY! And she has lost an amazing amount of weight! She travels. She's so outgoing. I hope I am half the woman she is at her age. I want to be as wonderful as her some day.

You are an amazing woman. You have done amazing things in the last year. Please know how much I think of you.

Okay...I have to go. I will talk to you again later today.

Well said - I second that !!!!! Phyl are you reading this - we are going to kick your butt for being disappointed - 8 lbs a month - That's flipping fantastic... :thumbdown:

I live in a new subdivision as well so we have the same problem with no local grocery store. A SuperWalMart did open up right outside the subdivision but I hate going there because of the long lines and crowds. Besides, I'm just not a fan of Wal-Mart. I grew up in a small town in KY and watched all the local mom and pop stores go out of business when Wal-Mart came to town. It somehow seemed to take the soul out of our town. :cursing:

Anyway, I'm claustrophobic and hate long lines. I'd rather drive for 2 hours than stand in line for a 1/2 hour! It's not the passage of time, but what I'm doing while time passes. At least when I'm driving, I see new sites, listen to music, etc. whereas waiting in line, I'm basically trapped. :thumbdown:

I'm a Target girl myself - not a big fan of Walmart for the same reason..

8 lbs in 1 month! Phyll, I wish I could say the same. Last month, I only lost 3 lbs! Besides, yesterday is gone so let it go and enjoy today.

Here they are, they aren't great, but they never are. I didn't use the Spanx and wore the most disgusting looking clothes I could come up with. If I feel bad about me, I should try to burn your eyes too.

post-227068-13813137560264_thumb.jpg

post-227068-13813137560634_thumb.jpg

post-227068-13813137561078_thumb.jpg

post-227068-1381313756147_thumb.jpg

Here they are, they aren't great, but they never are. I didn't use the Spanx and wore the most disgusting looking clothes I could come up with. If I feel bad about me, I should try to burn your eyes too.

CALORIESCARBSFATPROTEINspacer.gifnt3_totals.jpg926,68,23,96

O.k. now I have to go back and read all of the TODAY posts.... You girls have been busy!

O.k. my humble opinion... keep up your good work. You are not too skinny. You have a waistline, hips and curves... but I gotta ask... is that your "pull on over your head bra?" :thumbdown:

Wow, if that's what you look like when you're disgusting, you must be a knockout when you scrub yourself up. :thumbdown:

You're not fat. I wouldn't say you were skinny either. My idea of skinny is when you can see a ribcage under the clothing. Like Candice said, you have curves and bumps. You look terrific. :cursing: