Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky # Sevens- July 07 Bandsters

That was a good post Steph. You should copy and PM it to her anyway. If she doesn't feel like reading it today, she may tomorrow or the next. I'm sure once she gets to the right dosage she will appreciate that someone else went through the same thing and it wasn't abnormal to feel as she did.

So far so good today. Today is my no exercise day, but food hasn't been haunting me, so I'm feeling good about it. I won't log my totals until after I've had my dinner, just in case something goes out of whack and I either can't get it down or can't stop eating. :)

Sunday, Spark People totals for Me.

spacer.gifspacer.gif CALORIESCARBSFATPROTEINspacer.gifnt3_totals.jpg1,1531423371

Sunday totals for me were:

Calories = 1,127

Carbs = 136

Fat = 36

Protein = 58

Feeling a little tired this morning. I don't know why. I got 8 hours sleep. Had my morning workout session and that went well. Muscles are a little sore. Good sore. Gonna have some Breakfast and think about all the chores I don't want to do. :confused:

Back later. :thumbup:

Is the new Super Target open yet??

Had a busy day. Youngest DD here with the three little ones.. SIL is back in Sacramento... his dad is terminally ill w/Leukemia. Got him out of the hosp today and settled at his sisters... "nanny cam", nursing help, etc. So kids were crazy... took them to our playground, walked over to Albertson's & got my latte, played on the Wii with them... 5 yr old is very good at bowling. Then we went to other DD's for dinner. She fixed steak, but too chewy for me. DH had picked up rotisserie chicken... it was too greasy. SO I ate a hot dog, no bun! Little bit of angel hair, broccoli, and a small piece of fresh out of the oven blackberry pie. Didn't total, but probably not a great total for today! :thumbup:

Phyl - Super Target is suppose to open 10/12 - the Winco is suppose to open today 9/8 - I didn't food shop this weekend - will go after the gym tonite and ck it out.

Blackberry pie w/ice cream :drool: - I had one mex wedding cookie :thumbup:

My last post got eaten! I hate when that happens. :cry_smile:

Congrats Steph on 80lbs gone. Well done you! I too am proud of you. And congrats on one step closer to a new family member with your puppy. And of course Candice is getting a new family member with the proposal thing happening. Wow. What a day.

Janet, please send my best wishes to Karri. I hope she finds time to come back here. I understand she's busy and is feeling down because of the meds, but make sure she knows that we're here for her if and when she needs us. No pressure. :w00t: That poor kid's been through a lot this year, and it's not false pity or anything, she works so hard in all areas of her life.

Phyl, it doesn't look like you had a bad day to me; apart from you SILs bad news, that is. The only "bad" food you ate was pie, and you said it was only a small piece, so kick that guilt to the curb. :cursing:

I think that's the great thing about our group here. We Celebrate all the successes like they're our own and genuinely mean it. We also share and help with the tough stuff as best we can.

Food log for the day:

Total cals = 853

Carbs = 92

Fat = 44

Protein = 18

Probably should've done better on the protein. I was out most of the day and couldn't seem to find anything I felt comfortable eating. I could probably get another Protein Shake in now, but it's after midnight already so it'd technically count for Sunday anyway. :blushing:

I best get myself off to bed. See you all in the morning. :scared2:

Ruby - Great on your tracking - would agree more protein - but some days I don't get enough - I know that I have a hard time when out and about on my food choices - there really isn't anything too healthy at the fast food and that's when the old brain takes over for me - but I can't eat most of it..

Hey Ruby, I see that you are ONLINE right now... way to go on the total cals for yesterday... 853 ROCKS...

has anyone heard from Denise yet??? after the storm??? What about Linda????

Nope - I think we all need to email them..

Hi ladies. A quick check in. Nothing too exciting happening here.

Thanks for all the congrats on 80 pounds. I am really proud of that. I couldn't be more stoked at my progress. The best part is that the last few days my pants have started being HUGE instead of a little loose. Even when I first take them out of the dryer....so that means I have a huge excuse to go shopping and DH can't complain! After all, would he want everyone seeing my butt??? I guess a belt would work, but don't tell him that....besides I would still have baggy butt.

DH has told me to call the insurance company to get him going. We just started with a new carrier on the 1st so I've been giving it a week or so before I start talking to them about it. He's still not sure he can handle the chew chew chew and the little portions but I told him not to sweat it because until it's not an option you don't think you can do it....but when it gets to the point that you HAVE to eat that way...it's just what you do. He's given up the late night cupboard raids and most of the pop so he's stepping right up there.

I go to my mom's house on Wednesday. We are going to San Antonio together along with my sister and brother-in-law. Then she will spend some time out here in October, go home for her facelift, and then spend the winter mostly here....so her friends out there won't see her and judge her (she's so funny). I'm still trying to talk her into buying a house out here for the winters but she's still refusing. I'll wear her down one of these days. I don't know if she is still lurking on the site, but she was before the trip so it wouldn't surprise me if she does check in. If you're looking.....HI MOM!!!!!

I was going to type Karri a message too. I don't know if she'll see it, but I didn't want to pm it because it might be good for someone else. Anyways, when I started on zoloft it was nuts after about 2 weeks. I all of a sudden didn't care about ANYTHING. I couldn't make a decision on what to eat at night because I just didn't care. It was really frightening. This was about the time that I was thinking about not working this year and I couldn't come to any decisions. The only reason I got up and went to work every day was because it was something I didn't have to decide on. What to wear, when to go to bed, how much Creamer to put in my coffee....I felt like a total incompetent. It was very strange. And then I knew that it should bother me that these things were going on, but I didn't care. I didn't care when my son stole something from the store, I didn't care when my students didn't turn int their homework, I didn't care if the sun came up the next day. Just DID NOT CARE. The good news....it passed. I doubled my dose and all of a sudden everything was clear again. I cared about things I should, but was no longer obsessing over trivial stuff. I could cry again, when it was appropriate but not when it was stupid. I decided to stay home from school. It just took getting to the right dosage. Now I'm fine. I feel completely in control of my emotions instead of my emotions being in control of me. I can get angry when I need to, or sad when I need to. I get frustrated....all of it. So Karri, it's alright to be feeling a little strange. I know it's scary and frustrating and you think you're losing your mind....but we are your family and we are all pulling for you. I'm praying you find the right dose of the right med soon. We love you!

DH just got a movie so I'm goiing to curl up and watch it. Talk to you all later.

Steph - what's your mom's Handle her - Rose don't lurk post - you are a lucky #7 even if you aren't banded - you can be our mascot :thumbup:

Zolfot had me not caring either...

Sunday, Spark People totals for Me.

spacer.gifspacer.gif CALORIESCARBSFATPROTEINspacer.gifnt3_totals.jpg1,1531423371

Candice :rolleyes:

Sunday totals for me were:

Calories = 1,127

Carbs = 136

Fat = 36

Protein = 58

Feeling a little tired this morning. I don't know why. I got 8 hours sleep. Had my morning workout session and that went well. Muscles are a little sore. Good sore. Gonna have some breakfast and think about all the chores I don't want to do. :thumbup:

Back later. :scared2:

Ruby you did great yesterday too... Both you and Candice are going to be to goal before you know it...

------------------------------------------------------------------

Good morning Gang - Just cking in - never turned on the computer yesterday - I wasn't in the mood to use my brain :drool: or fingers.

Washed - did my Target shopping - came home read - gave the dogs baths - watched tv... I ate a whole chicken enchilada last night (well really it was made with turkey breast but dont tell andrew he thought it was chicken) So didn't have much restriction last night -

Well, gotta get my butt in gear - I will cbl :biggrin:

Hi ladies. Back from Minot.

Yesterday's totals were 830cal/27g Protein. Didn't have my Protein Drink yesterday. Obviously that's an issue. I had giant cravings yesterday for salt...popcorn, cheese whiz...crap in general. I managed to fight them for the most part.

Today's totals aren't very good so far.....had lunch at McD's...and was not a GREAT chooser. I did have a grilled snack wrap, but then I couldn't talk myself out of the fries. Only ate about 1/2 of a small order and ds took the rest with him this evening so I'm not tempted. But with the huge cals in fries it doesn't leave me many left to spend and I'm really low protein again...so I'm going to go over cals and not worry about it.

The great news.....I had to get some pants. I needed longer pants for teaching and the fall in general. Well....size 6 it is! and in 3 different brands so I'm going to call it true!

However that brought on a whole other issue. Follow this with me and see if you have anything to say.....

Okay, so my friends and family are all calling me skinny and telling me how amazing I look. Wonderful...who doesn't want to have a compliment. I don't see it, but hey, more power to them. But I DON"T SEE IT! I put on a size 6 and that to me is above and beyond....but I'm still fat! I am. I look in the mirror and can pick out all the places I still need to lose. I'm not almost there. I still have a double chin in some pictures. My bmi is still overweight. But a size 6 is not fat! In no one's world is a size 6 fat. but I am fat. I KNOW I am. So how can the scale say fat, he clothes say skinny the mirror say fat, the friends say skinny, and when am I going to be happy with it? If I still see fat am I now going to the other extreme of weight loss? Am I going to be able to say enough is enough? I'm really worried that I'm not going to know when I'm finished...and if I don't know if I'm finished, and go by some number on a scale, then if I start gaining again how do I know when it's too much? Can you see the psycho bs I played with all the way home? I'm just crazy. I know that. But I'm worried a bit.

Okay...going to go see if my little girl is a little bit cranky or just really not feeling good.

Talk to you later ladies.

CALORIESCARBSFATPROTEINspacer.gifnt3_totals.jpg973,88,25,82,

My totals for MONDAY

BRB

Hi ladies. Back from Minot.

Yesterday's totals were 830cal/27g Protein. Didn't have my protein drink yesterday. Obviously that's an issue. I had giant cravings yesterday for salt...popcorn, cheese whiz...crap in general. I managed to fight them for the most part.

Today's totals aren't very good so far.....had lunch at McD's...and was not a GREAT chooser. I did have a grilled snack wrap, but then I couldn't talk myself out of the fries. Only ate about 1/2 of a small order and ds took the rest with him this evening so I'm not tempted. But with the huge cals in fries it doesn't leave me many left to spend and I'm really low protein again...so I'm going to go over cals and not worry about it.

The great news.....I had to get some pants. I needed longer pants for teaching and the fall in general. Well....size 6 it is! and in 3 different brands so I'm going to call it true!

However that brought on a whole other issue. Follow this with me and see if you have anything to say.....

Okay, so my friends and family are all calling me skinny and telling me how amazing I look. Wonderful...who doesn't want to have a compliment. I don't see it, but hey, more power to them. But I DON"T SEE IT! I put on a size 6 and that to me is above and beyond....but I'm still fat! I am. I look in the mirror and can pick out all the places I still need to lose. I'm not almost there. I still have a double chin in some pictures. My bmi is still overweight. But a size 6 is not fat! In no one's world is a size 6 fat. but I am fat. I KNOW I am. So how can the scale say fat, he clothes say skinny the mirror say fat, the friends say skinny, and when am I going to be happy with it? If I still see fat am I now going to the other extreme of weight loss? Am I going to be able to say enough is enough? I'm really worried that I'm not going to know when I'm finished...and if I don't know if I'm finished, and go by some number on a scale, then if I start gaining again how do I know when it's too much? Can you see the psycho bs I played with all the way home? I'm just crazy. I know that. But I'm worried a bit.

Okay...going to go see if my little girl is a little bit cranky or just really not feeling good.

Talk to you later ladies.

O.k. Steph, take a deep breath and let it out S L O W...:frown:

You are not nuts, nor are you FAT, but you know your body... if you think you still have lbs to lose why not let your BESTEST FRIENDS settle the score.

You know WE won't lie to you or BS you... So post a full body photo in your size 6's a slim fitting top and let us be the judge & Jury. ok.

I think "we" will always 'feel' fat even if the scale says otherwise... but I promise you we will not let you go too far... we will say something first.

Our family's/ friends can't really gauge proper weight for us cause they have always KNOWN us as overweight.

My Dear Sister, thinks I am slim enough now.. dosn't want me to lose any more... are you kidding me???:redface:

My BMI is just barely under 30 !!! so you can see I still have a ways to go too..

and you can bet your sweet patutti that I'll be relying on you guys to tell me the truth when to STOP:blink:

HUGS, you are beautiful:rolleyes:

Candice

Steph, I deal with this on and off too. Mostly on. I remember when I first started this journey I said to myself (I was size 20/22) that I'd be happy if I could just get down to 14. I got to 14 and was happIER, but I didn't feel happy. I looked at myself in the mirror and saw a lot of improvement, but I wasn't happy.

My boob job made me feel fantastic. About my boobs. Me as a whole person still has a lot of work to do.

This past 2 months I've been working hard on my arms and feel like I'm about 75% to where I want those. They don't swing when I wave them about. Well, they slightly jiggle now, but I know I'm still working towards that goal and seeing the improvements so far keeps me looking forward.

My tummy is a disaster. It's always been my problem area. I had a mummy tummy long before I was even a mummy. My future plans are to get a Tummy Tuck so I'm not too worried about that. Still, it's fat.

My inner thighs are floppy. I'm probably going to need surgery to fix those because they're saggy and no amount of exercise is going to do anything about that.

I'm okay with my face. I am fortunate that that's usually the first place I lose weight. I worry though that if I lose too much weight I'll start to look gaunt and my eyes will look hollow and saggy with dark circles under them.

I'm okay with my hands, they're not what I would call pretty, but I'm not worried about them.

My feet I wish I could fix. They're short, but I have high arches, so it means I can't wear the really pretty sandals and stuff because my feet just won't go in them. They appear fat and wide. The ones that fit around my feet are an inch or two too long.

As a package I'm not that attractive. But if I put my current package next to the package I had in July 2007 I'll take this one any day. The inside and the outside packaging. It's so easy to criticize because there's so much to be critical about. On the flip side, there's so much more to be thankful about.

But I also know how very difficult it is to deal with compliments. It sounds strange. Everyone wants to know and hear that they look good. For those of us that suffered from low-self esteem though, it's hard to believe those compliments. Why? Because we won't let ourselves believe them to be true. Our opinion is the only one that matters, right? :redface:

When someone says to me "Wow you look great, you've lost so much weight!" I've often responded with "Thanks, but I've still got another 20lbs to go and it's just not budging!" I need to stop at "Thanks" and be thankful. I don't need to add the criticism in there after it. And it's not really polite or fair to those giving the compliments. They're saying something nice, we're saying we don't think we deserve those nice words.

I myself am a size 8 now. I don't feel like an 8. I don't think I look like an 8. I worry that when I get down to my goal weight it will also take my clothing size down to a 4. What then? I'm sure I'll be just as disappointed with my body as a whole as I am now. I'll have even more loose skin and saggyness. I know myself that I'm going to get at least my tummy, possibly my inner thighs, fixed with surgery, so I'm not too, too concerned. What bothers me though, and I'm sure it's the same as you, is that I'll get to where I want and need to be on the scale and in the clothes size and STILL look in the mirror and see Fat Ruby.

It's been said so often in this thread and around the whole site that we need a band for our heads as well. And it's true. That's where most of the work is done. Most of our struggles are in our heads. It was our heads that got us into weight problems in the first place. It's our heads that tell us to keep eating even now when we physically can't. When we fight demons, we have to do so with our heads. If I could find a magical cure for that problem, I'd be a very rich woman indeed.

Thanks Ruby and Candice!

I don't know if I explained myself well enough before in some ways. My big concern is going from being fat and seeing myself "not THAT fat" and not doing anything about it until it was way beyond scary, to being thing and seeing myself as "not THAT thin" and not doing anything about THAT until it is beyond scary. Is it possible to go from a food addict to anorexic in a year? I just don't know.

Now don't get me wrong. I am nowhere near that right now. I just worry that I COULD get there and not know it. There is a member on here who gets really angry when someone questions if she is TOO thin. Now....hang on....I'm not saying she is. I'm saying she get really hurt, vocal, and I don't want to get that way.

Anyways....thanks for your advice. Eating french fries isn't going to get me to anorexia any time soon so I guess I don't need to worry about it too much.

I'll have dh take some pics of me in my new clothes and let you guys keep me on track. I LOVE that idea. You all will be super honest with me. You're all great!

Okay...off for a while. Talk to you all again soon.

Steph - It took me forever to look past my fat face in the mirror and admit that I AM FAT !!! That was at 291. Now, at 176, all I see is the fat lady in the mirror. So, yes, I understand completely. You were completely clear.

Ruby, - I say the same thing to people when they tell me how thin I'm getting. Yeah, I still have 20-25 more pounds to go. You're right, we need to learn how to just say Thanks.

Candace - you are doing great with your calories. Keep up the good work. Wish I could say the same as I sit here nibbling on M&Ms. And I've only had two waters today.

OKAY, HOPE YOU ALL HAVE A GOOD EVENING. I'LL TALK TO ALL OF YOU TOMORROW. A NEW EXERSIZE GROUP IS STARTING UP AT CHURCH TOMORROW, SO I'LL BE ADDING THAT TO MY ROUTINE TOO.

7_5_137.gif

sig.jsp?pc=ZSzeb113&pp=ZSYYYYYYNWUS

Ok Steph - I didn't have time to answer earlier cuz this is going to take some time (I think)

How tall are you - looks like you have 5 lbs to get to the high end of normal bmi (I am at the high end at 24.9 - 145 lbs for 5'4)

I was like Ruby - I was 20/22 - thought I would be happy at 14 - then came the 12's the 10's - 8' - 6's

Ok I have had 3 phione calls tonite - it's 8:42 and I haven't eaten - i am going to go - I will give you my 2 cent in the morning..

Love & Hugs. Janet

Thank you ladies. Your love and support means so much to me.

Janet, I am 5'2" and in 5 pounds I will be "normal". I will be at the weight I was when I graduated high school almost 20 years ago. And I was "fat" then but remember wearing size 13 then too.

I talked to Jeff about my concerns and he was great. He listened and then asked some good questions. He asked if I was still losing and I told him about a pound a week...so I am slowing down there. He asked if I was eating and what a normal day consists of (because he is gone for most of it and I usually don't eat whatever I cook them for dinner). He asked me how I know my Protein and cals are where they should be and I showed him my food log. Then he said, if I'm eating the food I need to eat, getting the protein I need to stay healthy, and feeling and looking good, he is not going to worry. He promised to tell me the minute he thought I was looking too thin or if someone told him I was looking too thin and we would re-evaluate. He does express some concern over my obsession with this....because it seems to be the only thing I talk about anymore and when I'm online it's here that I am....but that he will talk to me seriously if he starts becoming really worried.

I feel better after voicing my concerns. I think a lot of it was the 5 hours alone in the car thinking about it. I will post those pictures if I can get dh to take them tomorrow sometime. Can I at least wear my Spanx to hide the paunch??? I can't stand THAT!!!

Anyways....goodnight ladies. DD didn't sleep well last night...had a tummy ache so I didn't sleep well either...and I'm tired. I'm subbing tomorrow morning but will be here in the afternoon. Have a great day.

And where is Phyl? I'm beginning to worry about Denise and Linda....maybe I will call Linda tomorrow if she doesn't check in. And Karri! She's still doing alright Janet? The first couple weeks with kids are hell...and then she gets to run again and she's training so I'm sure she's hectic, just hoping she's feeling a little better as time goes on.

Oh....cals were about 1200 today, protein only 40g. liquid was up at 80 oz though.

Night ladies!

Anyways....goodnight ladies. DD didn't sleep well last night...had a tummy ache so I didn't sleep well either...and I'm tired. I'm subbing tomorrow morning but will be here in the afternoon. Have a great day.

And where is Phyl? I'm beginning to worry about Denise and Linda....maybe I will call Linda tomorrow if she doesn't check in. And Karri! She's still doing alright Janet? The first couple weeks with kids are hell...and then she gets to run again and she's training so I'm sure she's hectic, just hoping she's feeling a little better as time goes on.

Oh....cals were about 1200 today, Protein only 40g. Liquid was up at 80 oz though. Night ladies!

I'm here.. lurking. just haven't felt like posting anything lately so just reading all the posts. Too much petty bickering here. Stupid. It's just depressing. DH very grumpy... stock market #s go bad & he is in a slump! Doesn't make sense to me! Then he gets mad because it doesn't upset me!

Youngest DS flew in this afternoon. So will be busy for a couple of days before he flies back. He got some time off because job they were doing is in New Orleans! He works for a mobile paint company painting heavy equipment, trains right now...locomotives, cabooses, etc. He was up in Alberta visiting his latest hot romance. Of course, every time he has a new girlfriend, this is THE one! Had to remind him, he's never gotten around to divorcing the first wife.. hasn't seen her in over 10 years!

You all are depressing me... I'm happy to be wearing jeans that are a size 20, shirts that are 20/22, some 18/20s. It's taken me a year to get to where you all started! TOPS weight this week.. down 1 1/2 lb. But last week I ws down more on my Wii... I would've been down several pounds but I've gained back like .2 lb about 3-4 days in a row. Not good.

:redface::frown::frown::frown::smile:

You all are depressing me... I'm happy to be wearing jeans that are a size 20, shirts that are 20/22, some 18/20s. It's taken me a year to get to where you all started! TOPS weight this week.. down 1 1/2 lb. But last week I ws down more on my Wii... I would've been down several pounds but I've gained back like .2 lb about 3-4 days in a row. Not good.

:D:frown::frown::frown::frown:

Aw Phyl. :sad: I didn't mean to depress you. It wasn't intentional. I remember being in threads where there would be people who were 130 and were upset because they were fat and they'd never be able to lose the rest. Or people who were at 180 and just starting their journey. And I would think "Why are they upset? I'd be over the moon if I were in their shoes." So I understand how it could get you down and I apologise for that if it appeared we were insensitive.

I hope you know we are just as proud of your achievements. Look at your ticker. You're over half-way to your goal. Getting into jeans is a great accomplishment. Little things like that are huge successes and are celebrated by us all because we know how much hard work it takes to get there. I remember when I got to the stage that I could tie my shoes without almost passing out I was ecstatic.

I feel like there's more I could or should say, but my brain is empty. Just know that we love you. :biggrin:

I'm here.. lurking. just haven't felt like posting anything lately so just reading all the posts. Too much petty bickering here. Stupid. It's just depressing. DH very grumpy... stock market #s go bad & he is in a slump! Doesn't make sense to me! Then he gets mad because it doesn't upset me!

Youngest DS flew in this afternoon. So will be busy for a couple of days before he flies back. He got some time off because job they were doing is in New Orleans! He works for a mobile paint company painting heavy equipment, trains right now...locomotives, cabooses, etc. He was up in Alberta visiting his latest hot romance. Of course, every time he has a new girlfriend, this is THE one! Had to remind him, he's never gotten around to divorcing the first wife.. hasn't seen her in over 10 years!

:frown::frown::sad::frown::frown:

Great to see you posting Phyl. Don't get depressed about the others W/L we are all on our OWN Journey.... I still have quite a ways to go as well... 1 1/2 lbs a week is a good steady loss.. Keep that up and you'll be into the size 16's!!!

My body for one is weird! I can get into a 16 top now, but fit into some 14 pants??? Guess I'll always be a bit top heavy. :D

WHen you talk about your Earl it makes me :biggrin: cause my Hubby does the same thing. Plots our investments daily on a spreadsheet. Watches the stockmarket..... then makes a big announcemetn.. We've lost $40k in the past month...!!!!:mad:

But you know what, there is not a damn thing you can do about it, its out of our control... the only thing we can control is how we make it and how we spend it. I plan on working another 4/5 yrs. Peter just announced his retirement date as next June09. So he can't be that worried? Or he'd work another year right? He's no where near manditory retirement yet.

I think 'they' just like something to get all huffed up about sometimes.:frown: