Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky # Sevens- July 07 Bandsters

I'm back ladies. Not much to report. It was a decent day all around. The kids were good for the most part. Compared to some horror school stories I hear I would have to say a GREAT day. Not my kids though....

I did get an email from one of my kids yesterday that said they miss me. It was nice to hear. I reminded him that he hated me last year and he wished for a new teacher. That he should be careful what he wishes for.

I have to figure out what I'm going to do food wise when I'm subbing. I had a prot. for Breakfast and took two Fiber one bars because I thought one for lunch and one for snack. When lunch came along I was so hungry I ate both of them. Now I've had less than 400 cals and it's 5pm. I've got to get a better plan figured out.

Phyl, I know what you mean about the papaya. I took them all out of the house because I was starting to make excuses to eat them to get the sweet fix.

Ruby, glad you're feeling better today. It's nice when things finally come together.

Candice, sounds like a great plan. It always pays to find something to be accountable to. Way to go.

alright. I'm off to get dinner for the family. I'll talk to you all later.

CALORIESCARBSFATPROTEINspacer.gifnt3_totals.jpg701451892

O.k. that's it so far for today's meals. Now I am entering my Bewitching hours of 7 - 10p.m.,,, but I am only allowing myself salad and or frozen Grapes.

Feeling good!!!

Woooohooooo! Look at you! Buying up all the jeans in the store and showing off in them. :thumbup:

I had an okay day. My total calories so far today (there are still 3.5 hours where to go) are 1537 :mellow: but if I subtract my exercise it takes it down to 934. It's telling me I can eat another 233 cals. I wish I didn't know that. It could send me over the edge. Especially if I've forgotten to add something. :smile2:

My Protein percentage is 14.54, carbs are 46.24 and fat is 39.22. I haven't figured out yet what they're supposed to be, but that doesn't look good. I probably should have more protein and less of the carbs and fat. *sigh* More thinking and recalculating needed. Being fat was never this much hard work! :tt2: I drank all my Water.< /p>

Dionna, please join us in our little family group. We'd really love you to stay. Like Steph said, trying to find solutions for other people helps us find them for ourselves. Not everything we suggest will work for you, but it may work for someone else who happens to read it. And believe it or not, you'll probably have suggestions for us that will work. Even though we're a year out, sometimes we (by 'we' I mean ME :bored: ) forget the basics that were taught in the beginning. You can helps us remember. :smile2:

Ruby: You go gilr, counting your carbs, cals, protein grams etc.. We gotta help each other here!!! Right?

My nutritionist suggests that I eat PROTIEN at every meal, and get at least 60 g in a day minimum...

I don't know what others feel like on this, but I am also limiting my carbs right now to Veggies only and small amount of fruit. I know there are also carbs in Skim Milk but I count that for my calcuim sources so I won't cut down on that...:tt2: don't want brittle bones in my old age eh?:tt2:

So lets keep accountable together here online, is that o.k. with you???

Candice:cool2:

Hello again Lucky Sevens. I need some advice... I've attended 2 support group meetings being hosted at my doctor's office. They meet a couple of times a month but I do not find the people in the group very inspiring.. in fact I find them to be the opposite of inspiring and more a cautionary tale. What galls me is that they then turn and offer me advice in a condescending manner... I'm thinking I should just stop going to this support group. What do you think?

And welcome to the Lucky 7s thread. You already know the answer to the question above. If these folks are NOT inspiring you then Dump-um... This is the most important journey of your life, and you need to surround yourself with [[positive]] encouragement from others who are meeting the same challenges.

None of here are perfect bandsters, or know everything in the whole world, but I DO promise you that we will answer your questions, give you our honest opinion and give you a shoulder to cry on too.

Thru this past year, I have come to feel closer to these gals than most of my "real" friends. As much as my family and friends love me, they cannot KNOW how being banded in life feels. They just don't get it.

Now they are all very pleased to see that I am losing weight and becoming healthier, but they are outsiders.

Best of luck to you and send along a picture so we can see what you look like :tt2:

post-39973-13813667215251_thumb.jpg

Hopefully this picture shows up, it all of us Lucky 7 in July 0 8

there, now don't we look like a warm and friendly bunch??

Hey, where is Linda?

post-220921-13813137552036_thumb.jpg

Edited by peaches9
forgot something

Thru this past year, I have come to feel closer to these gals than most of my "real" friends. As much as my family and friends love me, they cannot KNOW how being banded in life feels. They just don't get it.

Now they are all very pleased to see that I am losing weight and becoming healthier, but they are outsiders.

Best of luck to you and send along a picture so we can see what you look like :tt2:

But Candice We are REAL FRIEND cuz we have met and not longer just cyber friends.. But really we were real friends even before we met - I don't think any of us felt uncomfortable when we did meet the 1st time. We already knew each other...

[ATTACH]14893[/ATTACH]

there, now don't we look like a warm and friendly bunch??

Hey, where is Linda?

Oh that picture brings a smile to my face - it's too bad we live all over the country & canada eh !!!!

Linda must be super busy w/new GD - I sent her a email a while back congratulating her - but haven't gotten a response - plus I want see pics from the wedding...

Linda come out and say HI...

As soon as I can get DH to download the pics from our digital camera I'll sattach it here.

If I attacha it as an attachment, will it display in the message?

But Candice We are REAL FRIEND cuz we have met and not longer just cyber friends.. But really we were real friends even before we met - I don't think any of us felt uncomfortable when we did meet the 1st time. We already knew each other...

Oh that picture brings a smile to my face - it's too bad we live all over the country & canada eh !!!!

Linda must be super busy w/new GD - I sent her a email a while back congratulating her - but haven't gotten a response - plus I want see pics from the wedding...

Linda come out and say HI...

You are too funny Janet; I DO MEAN you are my friend!!! :smile2: I was just thnking about you last night when I was watching Sarah Palin talking... I was remembering our debate over the elections with Rose/Stephanie You and Me that night by the Sprinklers. Gee that was fun!!!

And I really feel that this election has now pulled out the claws, especially after last nights broadcast. I had been hopefull that both gentlemen were going to keep this race on an elevated keel... guess not?:tt2:

My DH and I got into a "heated debate" last night too. He can't figure out for the life of him why I am so interested in American Politics. dah!!!

I watch Canadian Politics with furver too... I just like to know whats going on in the world and who/what will be shaping our future(s)

To think that what happens in the US will not affect us here in Canada (and the rest of the world for that matter) is just like keeping your head stuck in the sand.

It's a small, small world and we're all in this together:blink:

I think your picture turned out a little better than mine. My camera had started acting up and by the time I got home I decided I needed a new one. Sure was a fun weekend!

Linda must be super busy w/new GD - I sent her a email a while back congratulating her - but haven't gotten a response - plus I want see pics from the wedding...Linda come out and say HI...

Yeah, I love looking at all those pictures. All my train trip pictures play on my laptop as screen saver when I"m not using it and I really enjoy watching them!

You are too funny Janet; I DO MEAN you are my friend!!! :smile2: I was just thnking about you last night when I was watching Sarah Palin talking... I was remembering our debate over the elections with Rose/Stephanie You and Me that night by the Sprinklers. Gee that was fun!!!

And I really feel that this election has now pulled out the claws, especially after last nights broadcast. I had been hopefull that both gentlemen were going to keep this race on an elevated keel... guess not?:thumbup:

My DH and I got into a "heated debate" last night too. He can't figure out for the life of him why I am so interested in American Politics. dah!!!

I watch Canadian Politics with furver too... I just like to know whats going on in the world and who/what will be shaping our future(s)

To think that what happens in the US will not affect us here in Canada (and the rest of the world for that matter) is just like keeping your head stuck in the sand.

It's a small, small world and we're all in this together:blink:

I know you know we are friend - just pulling your chain :tt2:

Yes I loved that discussion that nite - I wish we had more of those night and that Linda & Phyl were there.

I asked a girl at work if it was just me or were the speeches last night just a little nasty - mean spirted - I agree 100% I hate the bashing and I don't care which side is doing it - It's what makes me tune out..

It will be interesting to hear McCain's speech tonite

Ya I would think that American Politic's would be interesting to other countries since we are big brother and especially since we are neighbors.

We don't get much on what goes on in Canada - I use to know who your prime minister was at one time - Truedua (sp) but I don't know who it is now - He must have been very popluar or very much disliked but that's the name that comes to my head - I don't even know what year he was the pm..:smile2:

Tell DH you have alot of American friends and you worry about us :mellow:

7_18_2.gif NSV - youngest daughter came to me this morning and handed me a shirt that her sister had given her and told me to try it. Size L from Kohls. It fit! ! ! ! Now I can raid DD's closet. Although, being 58 and wearing a 23 year olds clothes may look strange. Tough ! ! Of course, she likes to wear her clothes on the tight side so those are out.

sig.jsp?pc=ZSzeb113&pp=ZSYYYYYYNWUS

As soon as I can get DH to download the pics from our digital camera I'll sattach it here.

If I attacha it as an attachment, will it display in the message?

Yes - hit reply - then go scroll down to manage attachment - then browse - then upload it and it will display in the message field...

OK i'm bored.... Tonite isn't gym nite so am home waiting for 7 to eat (well fish is still defrostiing) I'm hungry... Had 15 chips with a little pepper jack cheese - now drinking a crystal lite. Waiting for 7 to watch McCain - I guess I could go read.. or clean - but I don't want to do those things..

So lets keep accountable together here online, is that o.k. with you???

Candice:cool2:

It's a deal chickie! :smile2: I must say that having to pay attention to my food intake has helped these past few days. Knowing I have to report in every day makes me behave a lot better. :tt2:

64oz of Water today

1,091 total cals

35g fat

138g carbs

49g Protein

According to myplate "You may eat about 354 additional calories today. " Does that mean could eat or should eat?