Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky # Sevens- July 07 Bandsters

I wish I could come to YOUR house for dinner tonight, it sounds devine!!

Scallops, I'm with Janet on this one l..... just sautee them in in evoo and freshly pressed garlic... they will only take 5 mins. or so... really.

Now Steaks, I like to marinade in Soy sauce, worcheshter sauce, garlic, onion powder and a titch of honey.... or saulsa... then BBQ.

Some folks like tartar sauce for their Salmon burgers, me I just like mayo.... also rosemary is very good with garlic on salmon too. I am not a LEMON/FISH fan.

Don't sweat it, it sounds like you'll have a fine time. and beside YOU"LL be there, much more important than the food:wub:

OMW I thought I was the only person on this earth who didn't want lemon with my fish - the only thing i like lemon on is in my ice tea :rolleyes:

Hi Everybody,

I'm just checking in. I saw some talk of scallops and that reminds me I have some in the freezer. If you're watching the news, it looks like I will have to evacuate. We will decide Sunday. I will cook some stuff in my freezer tomorrow. I have shrimp and scallops. I will remove everything from the freezer and fridge this time.

OMG, I don't wanna live like this. This is a freakin nightmare. I wish I woulda sold my house after Katrina and hit the road. We're stuck here now. Even if this one misses us, there is one right behind it. If this storm hits to the west of N.O., we are screwed!!!!

Hi Everybody,

I'm just checking in. I saw some talk of scallops and that reminds me I have some in the freezer. If you're watching the news, it looks like I will have to evacuate. We will decide Sunday. I will cook some stuff in my freezer tomorrow. I have shrimp and scallops. I will remove everything from the freezer and fridge this time.

OMG, I don't wanna live like this. This is a freakin nightmare. I wish I woulda sold my house after Katrina and hit the road. We're stuck here now. Even if this one misses us, there is one right behind it. If this storm hits to the west of N.O., we are screwed!!!!

I am so sorry to hear you are that NEAR the bad weather forecasts. I'll keep you and your family in my prayers.

My DB lives in Florida and he's been hiding out in his closet, away from all flying glass/water.

Keep us posted if you are near a computer.

(((hugs))) Candice

Denise

I was worried about you - I asked earlier today about you... But you respond to scallops :rolleyes:- Oh now I know how to get your attention..:biggrin:

I hope it misses you - I agree I will take my earthquakes to your hurricanes any day.. You and your family are in my prayers for safety and that your house doesn't get hit....

You can come an stay with me - I know it's a long way but it's free - you just gotta cook me some LA food - creolo (sp) cajun whatever - that's all I want:lol:

Hugs & Love... Janet

Hi Everybody,

We'll certainly keep you in our prayers!!

Keep us posted when you can!!

28_2_2.gif

Denise, I was worried about you - I asked earlier today about you... But you respond to scallops :rolleyes:- Oh now I know how to get your attention..:biggrin: I hope it misses you - I agree I will take my earthquakes to your hurricanes any day.. You and your family are in my prayers for safety and that your house doesn't get hit....

You can come an stay with me - I know it's a long way but it's free - you just gotta cook me some LA food - creolo (sp) cajun whatever - that's all I want:lol: Hugs & Love... Janet

Maybe she'll cook you up some alligator!!??

We'll certainly keep you in our prayers!!

Keep us posted when you can!!

28_2_2.gif

Maybe she'll cook you up some alligator!!??

Sounds good to me 16_5_28.gif- 16_3_202.gif

I just made me a coffee drink - espersso - hazelnut splenda - sf hazelnut Creamer - 1/4 of a banana - yummy...

Want to take a nap since I am going out tonite - but I'm not sleepy...

I did scub the grout on my kitchen floor today 3_13_10.gif - mopped - washed - vaccummed and hung the clothes up (still need ironing)

So I have gotten something accomplished...

sig.jsp?pc=ZSzeb095&pp=ZKxdm005YYUS

Sounds good to me 16_5_28.gif- 16_3_202.gif

I just made me a coffee drink - espresso - hazelnut splenda - sf hazelnut creamer - 1/4 of a banana - yummy...

Want to take a nap since I am going out tonite - but I'm not sleepy...

I did scrub the grout on my kitchen floor today 3_13_10.gif - mopped - washed - vacuumed and hung the clothes up (still need ironing)

So I have gotten something accomplished...

Do you have your own espresso machine?? I wish I did... especially for the RV because the only palce I have down in your "neck of the woods" is Starbucks & I don't really like their lattes. My little place across the street is my favorite! I do a 16 oz, sugar free, fat free, triple shot almost every day.

OMW..... it's getting darker and darker by the minute! We're supposed to get a cold front this afternoon and snow level is coming down to 5000 ft this weekend! DD better stay in CA a few more days but she says she's heading back north early tomorrow morning. Rain & clouds are moving in fast! And it's supposed to get windy. Maybe WE'RE going to get the hurricane!!

I'm SO hungry... and it's not dinner time yet! And DH just fixed himself a huge bowl of popcorn!! It smells great, but not my favorite thing!

1041.gif

Do you have your own espresso machine?? I wish I did... especially for the RV because the only palce I have down in your "neck of the woods" is Starbucks & I don't really like their lattes. My little place across the street is my favorite! I do a 16 oz, sugar free, fat free, triple shot almost every day.

OMW..... it's getting darker and darker by the minute! We're supposed to get a cold front this afternoon and snow level is coming down to 5000 ft this weekend! DD better stay in CA a few more days but she says she's heading back north early tomorrow morning. Rain & clouds are moving in fast! And it's supposed to get windy. Maybe WE'RE going to get the hurricane!!

I'm SO hungry... and it's not dinner time yet! And DH just fixed himself a huge bowl of popcorn!! It smells great, but not my favorite thing!

1041.gif

No I don't have an espresso machine - I just bought espresso coffee in a can - I like a dark strong coffee. 3 shots of espresso - omw - I have been getting mine with a shot of expresso - I will have to try the 3..

I really like the Caribou coffee they had in Minnisota better than Starbucks - but heck $4 buck for a small frappachino.. I don't do them too often..

It's over casted here - 102 28% humidity (feels like more) suppose to have a chance of rain tomorrow and Sunday...

The Rock Yard where I am going tonite is outside - so have to dress for the weather... But after a couple of drinks it's not bad 13_4_1v.gif

sig.jsp?pc=ZSzeb096&pp=ZKxdm005YYUS

Steph

I know you are busy with your bbq - but just thought of this - How come you never posted your M of A trip pictures????

Hi guys. Just checkin in. Probably won't for the rest of the night.

Denise. I'm praying for your family. I've always wanted to come down and do some Katrina relief but never have had the chance. Another big storm so soon is awful. Many still aren't even back in their homes. The whole are is in my prayers but you especially. If there is anything we can do from here, please let us know.

I just got my MoA pics off my chip when I was doing family reunion things. I will post them tomorrow if I remember. If I don't, remind me again. I have to shrink them before they post.

nice here...but gotta go. Everyone in my prayers.

Holy Cats!!! I said I wouldn't be back....that doesn't mean I wasn't looking forward to the rest of you talking so I could read it today.

Okay...bbq went well. Salmon patties weren't a big hit but everything else was good. Good company and a good night. I enjoyed everything but the harassment about everyone working while I sat home and did nothing. If they weren't such good friends and jealous I would have been offended but they were saying out of love. It was fun.

Headache today though. One too many drinks I guess. I'll have to get in some extra Water to counteract today.

Slept in for Janet. It was WONDERFUL!!!!

Now I have to figure out what I'm making for potluck tomorrow or church. I don't even have an idea what I WANT to take. Grrrr. Oh well. It will come to me.

Denise, I'm thinking of you and hoping you are having all the help and supplies that you need to prep today. Stay safe and we'll continue to pray for you, your friends, and your family.

Talk to you all later.

Hi All,

Taking a break from packing. I packed all my pictures. That's a job. I need to scan them all and save them on the computer. Taking all these pictures for evacuation is ridiculous. I have to start packing the clothes.

We are going to Little Rock. DH has a room from his company. We will leave early tomorrow morning.

DH is boarding up the windows. He has stainless steel bolts sticking out the house around the windows. His boards have been cut for about ten years. He slips them over the bolts and screws them on with a bolt. For Katrina, I had to help. Now sonny boy is actually helping. I walked outside, and DH is putting the board over the front door. Sonny is handing him the nuts. This is what I hear.....

"You dropped one of my nuts Boy."

Ya gotta laugh through this shit!! People are flipping out around here. An unsavory character just drove down the street in his hoopty checking out whose leaving. We don't just have to worry about damage, we have to worry about being looted. And they don't just loot, they DESTROY. You'll never hear what the crimanals did to this place on the news.

Oh, I forgot, thank GOD I have Xanex this time. I will never let what happened for Katrina happen again. I had two old faded Xanex for Katrina, and I had massive panic attacks.

Thanks for the prayers everyone.

Denise,

Glad to hear you are getting out in plenty of time. I agree, the picture thing can be horrible but those are irreplacable memories, they would be what I would grab too. Clothes can be replaced.

I hope your dh's nuts don't get dropped too often. That could cause permanent damage (hehehehee). Sorry...couldn't resist that. Glad to see you can laugh at some of this.

The looters should be shot on sight. That's my opinion. Anyone staying behind to make a horrible situation worse, shouldn't be allowed to go on. How people can prey on devastation is appalling. grrrrr. When you get settled and can keep us informed, please do. And when this is all over, please let us know what we can do to help your family.

Prayers for you all.

Gonna try to post again. I have a good idea that my puter is infected with bugs.........and it keeps kicking me off. I'm just to cheap right now to take it in. So I'm here....lurking.....(really officer, I'm not a stalker)

28_2_2.gif

Denise - praying that your home survives Gustav. I don't think I would ever want to go thru a hurricane.

Steph - Glad your BBQ went well. I had posted some comments last nite, but lost them when I as kicked off. The comments about you not working? Jealousy. They wish they could stay home. Let me tell you, it's nice, but not what it's cracked up to be.

36_1_66.gifLinda - congrats on your new baby granddaughter. They are totally the greatest! ! ! I love shopping for mine. And, you can spoil them rotten.....then give them back.

Ruby - STICK WITH IT! ! ! ! YOU CAN DO IT ! ! I'm going thru a lot of what you are now, but it will come off. Stick with it. I too lost the same five pounds over and over again. Finally down 5 more, but I think I'm gonna see them over and over again. I think, the closer we get to goal, the slower it comes off. But, that should mean that it will stay off. YEA!!!18_1_36.gif

8_4_152.gifHAPPY LABOR DAY, EVERYONE. HAVE A GOOD ONE AND MAKE SURE YOU MAKE GOOD CHOICES.

3_3_109.gifaND TO ALL YOU TEACHERS, GOING BACK TO SCHOOL. GOOD LUCK ! ! ! HOPE YOU ALL SURVIVE. lol

sig.jsp?pc=ZSzeb113&pp=ZSYYYYYYNWUS