Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky # Sevens- July 07 Bandsters

Karri you are going to have to run in the next Olympic Marathon... You can do it we will be there to cheer you on...

That would be a NO!! Do you see how fast those women run??!?!? They literaly run twice as fast as I do. They average a 5:20 min/mile. I am LUCKY if I get 10:30 min miles.

You all are invited to Eugene, OR on May 3 to watch me run there though!!

I actually called my PCP today and set up an appt to talk with her on Friday. My schedule gets WAAAAAAYYYY hectic starting next week so I want to see what she has to say. She may agree to wait until I can start running or she may have another alternative. I figure I am going to fight this head on.

but I have way too much of a sweet tooth (and that is rare for me).

Have you tried gum? I remember it used to help curb my appetite when I was struggling with sweet tooth and hunger in general. Then I forgot all about it when the cravings went away. When they came back again I was at a loss as to how to curb it. You were the one that reminded me about the gum. :)

That would be a NO!! Do you see how fast those women run??!?!? They literaly run twice as fast as I do. They average a 5:20 min/mile. I am LUCKY if I get 10:30 min miles.

You all are invited to Eugene, OR on May 3 to watch me run there though!!

I actually called my PCP today and set up an appt to talk with her on Friday. My schedule gets WAAAAAAYYYY hectic starting next week so I want to see what she has to say. She may agree to wait until I can start running or she may have another alternative. I figure I am going to fight this head on.

Karri

You have 4 yrs to train for the next Olympic's - Take that NO OUT OF YOUR VOCABULARY!!!! You could do it.. Ok I gotta see how far Eugene is.. I may just come :)

Phyl

I hope GS & GF go as long as the fighting is a minimum - I would love the scenery of the drive !!!

I always liked my sweets but seems like I have been wanting them more than I remember wanting them prior to banding - but who knows selective memory and pre banding I never really paid that much attention to my eating. I just knew I ate alot - but not as much as pple would think - my weight was a combination of eating and exercise (lack of) But I know I didn't eat sweets every night before banding and it seems like now I do have a pudding or fudgecicle most nights.

Well off to bed - just stopped by the computer to turn it off - never posted in my 50 thread - well there's always tomorrow...

Sweet Dreams Gang - TTYL :tongue2:

Ruby - has your Son started back to school yet - I bet you will enjoy having the house to yourself and the computer too :biggrin2:

He starts back on Monday. I'm excited! :thumbup:

It sounds horrible to be glad to have him back at school where he belongs :sneaky: but I really have come to enjoy my alone time and regular routine. I've missed it over the summer vacation months.

I've decided to give Jillian Michaels - Making the Cut book a decent try. It's a 30 day plan to lose the last stubborn 10-20lbs. It looks kind of tough and I don't know if I'll be able to do all of the exercises that require lunging and stuff because of my knee problems, but I'm going to give it a go. It's only 30 days. :thumbup::huh2::blink::lol:

Right now I'm reading through the book to familiarize myself with the exercises and recipes. There are a couple of tests I need to do and I have to get some "good bye" (to the last 20lbs) photos taken and get some measurements done. So I should be ready to start it all on Monday when my son goes back to school and my time is my own again.

We've had a good summer, but we're both ready to get back to our own things again. He needs a break from me just as much as I do from him. :cool2:

food CRAVINGS??? OMG If I ever catch the person that put the M&M's in the center aisle at Meijers,......well, it won't be pretty.

If I'm not mistaken, I think it was a full moon this past week.

BLAME IT ON THE MOON! ! !10_6_9.gif

sig.jsp?pc=ZSzeb114&pp=ZSYYYYYYNWUS

I have tried the gum and unfortunately NOTHING is working right now except plain ol' will power. I am not letting myself eat what I want and I am telling you it is INCREDIBLY hard. I haven't struggled this much the entire time I have been banded. I am waking up in the middle of the night STARVING. Last night I woke up every hour hungry. So at like 3 AM I got up and had 1 low cal string cheese and 1 WASA cracker. I made sure that I ate slowly because I didn't know how tight I would be in the middle of the night. Lo and behold I couldn't even eat the whole thing because I am not actually hungry but I feel hungry. I know this sounds BIZARRE and sounds more like head hunger but it isn't. I have become very in tune with my body and I know what is head hunger and what isn't.

For example I am sitting here right now with this feeling in my stomach that I am starving. My mouth is watering because I am nauseated from feeling hungry. My stomach is growling so loud that my Asst. Principal told me that I should probably get some Breakfast a few mintues ago. But I just ate about an hour ago and I know that if I tried to eat that my band would not be happy because my pouch is still pretty full. It is like the signal from my stomach to my brain is malfunctioning.

Well just a couple more days until I see the doctor and she might have some suggestions.

On a good note I did get all of my tests written, my desk organized and almost half of my room done. So now I going to start working on putting the lessons together. This is the fun part!

Oh and Janet i will take NO out of my vocabulary but I will insert another KNOW in there. I don't KNOW if I want to spend that much time training. That seems like a lot of work. I love running and I don't want to turn it into another job. Those ladies looked in like they were in agony. I will just be proud as all can be if I just finish the entire thing.

He starts back on Monday. I'm excited! :thumbup:

It sounds horrible to be glad to have him back at school where he belongs :sneaky: but I really have come to enjoy my alone time and regular routine. I've missed it over the summer vacation months.

I've decided to give Jillian Michaels - Making the Cut book a decent try. It's a 30 day plan to lose the last stubborn 10-20lbs. It looks kind of tough and I don't know if I'll be able to do all of the exercises that require lunging and stuff because of my knee problems, but I'm going to give it a go. It's only 30 days. :thumbup::huh2::blink::lol:

Right now I'm reading through the book to familiarize myself with the exercises and recipes. There are a couple of tests I need to do and I have to get some "good bye" (to the last 20lbs) photos taken and get some measurements done. So I should be ready to start it all on Monday when my son goes back to school and my time is my own again.

We've had a good summer, but we're both ready to get back to our own things again. He needs a break from me just as much as I do from him. :cool2:

It's funny as we get older the more we like our routines.. Nothing bad about that and having time to yourself..

I like Jillian from the biggest loser - but I couldn't take her yelling at me and I understand the knee problems - I am not good at lunges (sp)

I have tried the gum and unfortunately NOTHING is working right now except plain ol' will power. I am not letting myself eat what I want and I am telling you it is INCREDIBLY hard. I haven't struggled this much the entire time I have been banded. I am waking up in the middle of the night STARVING. Last night I woke up every hour hungry. So at like 3 AM I got up and had 1 low cal string cheese and 1 WASA cracker. I made sure that I ate slowly because I didn't know how tight I would be in the middle of the night. Lo and behold I couldn't even eat the whole thing because I am not actually hungry but I feel hungry. I know this sounds BIZARRE and sounds more like head hunger but it isn't. I have become very in tune with my body and I know what is head hunger and what isn't.

Hm..... yanno it sounds like to me that you could allow yourself some Snacks when your cravings hit and not go overboard. So long as you have them included in your daily calorie count. I understand the fear you have with over-eating and stumbling back into the fat pit of doom. But you're no longer that weak fat girl. You have a tonne of will power as you've proven to yourself and the rest of the world over and over again.

I was reading a thread elsewhere on the forum about cravings. One woman says when they hit her, she feeds them immediately and (for her) they go away. So if she's craving Cookies, she has one. And one is enough. I don't know if I'd have the willpower to do that. :) It's why I can't be trusted with cookies in my home. But I've found when I'm craving cookies, it's usually the chocolate in them that I want, so I'll have a chocolate Protein Shake. It doesn't always make the craving go away, but as I said, I can't be trusted with cookies in my home and it does help a little.

I've done what Janet's suggested and bought a candy bar, eaten a couple of bites and thrown the rest away. That worked. But I'm not always in a place where I can pick up a candy bar and throw it away. And I'm afraid if I was tossing out things in my own garbage bin... well, I'm not even going to finish that sentence it's too embarrassing. :eek:

If you feel you can trust yourself, have some snacks handy that you're okay with eating. If you're getting up in the middle of the night to kill a sweet demon with apples or grapes, it's a whole lot better than trying to drown it with ice cream or pie. :cool2:

Budget your calories for some snacks.

food CRAVINGS??? OMG If I ever catch the person that put the M&M's in the center aisle at Meijers,......well, it won't be pretty.

If I'm not mistaken, I think it was a full moon this past week.

BLAME IT ON THE MOON! ! !10_6_9.gif

Kari - Love your Moon :tt2::lol:

For example I am sitting here right now with this feeling in my stomach that I am starving. My mouth is watering because I am nauseated from feeling hungry. My stomach is growling so loud that my Asst. Principal told me that I should probably get some breakfast a few mintues ago. But I just ate about an hour ago and I know that if I tried to eat that my band would not be happy because my pouch is still pretty full. It is like the signal from my stomach to my brain is malfunctioning.

Well just a couple more days until I see the doctor and she might have some suggestions.

On a good note I did get all of my tests written, my desk organized and almost half of my room done. So now I going to start working on putting the lessons together. This is the fun part!

Oh and Janet i will take NO out of my vocabulary but I will insert another KNOW in there. I don't KNOW if I want to spend that much time training. That seems like a lot of work. I love running and I don't want to turn it into another job. Those ladies looked in like they were in agony. I will just be proud as all can be if I just finish the entire thing.

Oh Karri - I think you would enjoy the challenge :cool2: I'm not a runner so I don't aspire to be one - but would love to compete in something if I was younger.

Hm..... yanno it sounds like to me that you could allow yourself some Snacks when your cravings hit and not go overboard. So long as you have them included in your daily calorie count. I understand the fear you have with over-eating and stumbling back into the fat pit of doom. But you're no longer that weak fat girl. You have a tonne of will power as you've proven to yourself and the rest of the world over and over again.

I was reading a thread elsewhere on the forum about cravings. One woman says when they hit her, she feeds them immediately and (for her) they go away. So if she's craving Cookies, she has one. And one is enough. I don't know if I'd have the willpower to do that. :) It's why I can't be trusted with cookies in my home. But I've found when I'm craving cookies, it's usually the chocolate in them that I want, so I'll have a chocolate Protein Shake. It doesn't always make the craving go away, but as I said, I can't be trusted with cookies in my home and it does help a little.

I've done what Janet's suggested and bought a candy bar, eaten a couple of bites and thrown the rest away. That worked. But I'm not always in a place where I can pick up a candy bar and throw it away. And I'm afraid if I was tossing out things in my own garbage bin... well, I'm not even going to finish that sentence it's too embarrassing. :eek:

If you feel you can trust yourself, have some snacks handy that you're okay with eating. If you're getting up in the middle of the night to kill a sweet demon with apples or grapes, it's a whole lot better than trying to drown it with ice cream or pie. :w00t:

Budget your calories for some snacks.

Ruby - good idea (for karri to allow some more snacks within her calorie budget - just like last night - you didn't eat the whole cheese & cracker snack) that's how I do it I don't fight my hunger real or not at night - I feed it but just within my calorie budget.

I am 100% like you - I don't buy the things that I know I have no control over - Like cookies and for me it's the whole sugar thing - like my oatmeal raisin cookies this past weekend - I would have never bought them no matter how tired i was at home - it's away from home I have to be careful of:eek:

Darling we have all been trash bin diving in our own homes - you aren't the lone ranger in that one - that's why if I throw something away I make sure I can't get back too it in a moment of weakness:lol:

Wow ladies....now you're all back! I had 2 pages to catch up on almost. Glad you all are talking again. It makes it so much more exciting.

Yesterday started horribly. I went out to call my cat because she hadn't come home the night before. That wasn't unusual. It's normal summer behavior. But she wasn't home in the morning so I went out to call her again. I found her dead on the lawn. We couldn't tell what had happened. There was no blood. There was some slobber. Other than that she was just lying there. It was like losing a child. Maybe, hopefully, not as extreme as it would be if I TRULY lost a child, but I was crushed.

The only thing I've been able to eat since then has been a couple cups of coffee and tea. I did finally get a fiber One Bar down. Took a while but I did it. I was going crazy because I KNEW I had to feed myself. I know I wouldn't starve to death but I knew I needed calories. I thought I was going crazy.

Feeling a little better today but still very tight. I'm sure it is stress and I will get over it.

On a brighter note, we got all Michael's school gear yesterday. He's got clothes, supplies, and football stuff. He'll be heading back next Wed. He's been better this last few days with the new meds. I think there is a difference but I may just be saying that. He seems to be more compliant and not as sneaky. I hope that my staying home this school year causes this year to be so much better than the past ones. I'm keeping my heart crossed for it.

The full moon and TOM's visits have intersected a lot lately. I'm sure the two together cause a LOT more chaos on our cravings than we care to admit sometimes. I wish I had some advice to give Karri. I can tell you what helps me is two things, take them for whatever they mean to you. One, toosie roll midgies. I can eat 6 for 150 cals. I can chew the hell out of them. They get stuck in my teeth and I get the chocolate taste for a LONG time. I can make 6 last 2 hours. Sometimes 2 is enough...and that's only 50 cals. The second is fiber one oats and Peanut Butter bars or oats and caramel. 1 bar is 160 cals 9 grams of fiber and 3 grams of Protein. It is just sweet enough for me and there is NO WAY I could eat more than one. That's nice because it does fill me up for at least 2 hours. My NUT said something about fiber swelling in the pouch and that's why she thinks they work when nothing else does. Honestly those two things have been my savior the last two months. The only thing that have kept me under budget and sizes continuing to drop. For some reason when I can't even get yogurt down, I can get a fiber one bar to stay.

Today was the first day of school for my former students. It killed me not to go down there today. But to keep myself busy I cleaned my house. That helped a lot. I cleaned and organized my junk drawer and my tupperware. I filled two black bags with Michael's outgrown clothes. I'm in process of finding someone the right size to give them to. I got rid of one bag to the neighbor but the bigger stuff won't fit her son. I'm looking for a recipient for the next one. I wish the second hand here didn't have so many clothes. A lot of them would be great for school clothes for someone. grrrr.

Okay. I'm off to do some more cleaning. Have a great night ladies.

Steph- sorry to hear about your cat. :) Our pets become members of our family, so I understand your grief.

As for your son's clothes, you could possibly contact the local women's refuge or family services and see if they want them. Sometimes they even come out to pick up whatever you have to donate.

Hi, Ladies--I'm back! So far I'm kinda like that Stealth plane, that hovers over the site without being seen or heard from, and then suddenly it appears out of nowhere! Things have been crazy here, so I haven't been able to write; but you ladies sure do provide a warm & cozy place to come to! As I read your daily victories & travails, and put them up against my days, it gives me a much better picture of where I am. I've still got so many questions (like, can ALL of you handle salad greens at this point? I saw someone say they had trouble with rice like me, but I still can't get down lettuce or Pasta, and definitely not bread or rice); but I'll have to hold off on really digging in, for a few more weeks.

We're planning my daughter's birthday sleepover pajama party (12 girls!) for next week; then 2 weeks later my DH (is that what we call them here?) and I are renewing our vows after 30 years of marriage. We're putting together a low-key, 'homespun' event at home--similar to the "last of the hippie weddings" we had in the 1st place! So it's really taking my time & energy.

But I did want to report how I'm doing, just to get the accountability going. I haven't been losing any pounds since I 1st contacted y'all, but I'm still feeling really good about how it's going. I've found my exercise!! It's been going against the grain to push myself into working out each day until now, but when I tried out my sister's recumbent bike, I was home! So I'm getting in some good work-outs, and then the rest of the day I'm doing a lot more stuff than I used to be able to.

I looked into that MyDailyPlate.com that so many have mentioned, and it's really helping. And today, to see if I could get my weight loss moving again, I started that 5-Day Pouch Test thing. I'd already applied some of the principles before & they helped, but now I'm doing the whole she-bang. It feels good to be clearing out the cobwebs, but I can't believe how weak I felt today, after the bike time and the dress-shopping.

And that's the last tidbit before I close: Like I'd said, I haven't gotten anything new since I started, because I'm trying to use all the stuff I've accumulated thru the years. But for the vow renewal, I'm gonna spring for something new. So yesterday I went out to find someplace with Plus-size clothes. 'Member, I live in Puerto Rico, and we don't have Lane Bryant or Catherine's or any of those. But in Macy's I found one dress that fit. Now, with my home wardrobe, I've gone from a size 32 to a 24-26...but this huge umbillical hernia sticking out makes the larger size necessary whenever the abdomen is a determining factor.

Imagine my surprise when trying on DRESSES--especially flowy dresses--to discover that a 22 fit me!! And even better, when I went to Marshall's today, all I could find was one size 20, but it was flowy (and only $20), so I got it thinking I could return it if it didn't fit.

But it DOES!! A size 20!! YAY!!

Wow ladies....now you're all back! I had 2 pages to catch up on almost. Glad you all are talking again. It makes it so much more exciting.

Yesterday started horribly. I went out to call my cat because she hadn't come home the night before. That wasn't unusual. It's normal summer behavior. But she wasn't home in the morning so I went out to call her again. I found her dead on the lawn. We couldn't tell what had happened. There was no blood. There was some slobber. Other than that she was just lying there. It was like losing a child. Maybe, hopefully, not as extreme as it would be if I TRULY lost a child, but I was crushed.

The only thing I've been able to eat since then has been a couple cups of coffee and tea. I did finally get a Fiber One Bar down. Took a while but I did it. I was going crazy because I KNEW I had to feed myself. I know I wouldn't starve to death but I knew I needed calories. I thought I was going crazy.

Feeling a little better today but still very tight. I'm sure it is stress and I will get over it.

On a brighter note, we got all Michael's school gear yesterday. He's got clothes, supplies, and football stuff. He'll be heading back next Wed. He's been better this last few days with the new meds. I think there is a difference but I may just be saying that. He seems to be more compliant and not as sneaky. I hope that my staying home this school year causes this year to be so much better than the past ones. I'm keeping my heart crossed for it.

The full moon and TOM's visits have intersected a lot lately. I'm sure the two together cause a LOT more chaos on our cravings than we care to admit sometimes. I wish I had some advice to give Karri. I can tell you what helps me is two things, take them for whatever they mean to you. One, toosie roll midgies. I can eat 6 for 150 cals. I can chew the hell out of them. They get stuck in my teeth and I get the chocolate taste for a LONG time. I can make 6 last 2 hours. Sometimes 2 is enough...and that's only 50 cals. The second is fiber one oats and Peanut Butter bars or oats and caramel. 1 bar is 160 cals 9 grams of fiber and 3 grams of Protein. It is just sweet enough for me and there is NO WAY I could eat more than one. That's nice because it does fill me up for at least 2 hours. My NUT said something about fiber swelling in the pouch and that's why she thinks they work when nothing else does. Honestly those two things have been my savior the last two months. The only thing that have kept me under budget and sizes continuing to drop. For some reason when I can't even get yogurt down, I can get a fiber one bar to stay.

Today was the first day of school for my former students. It killed me not to go down there today. But to keep myself busy I cleaned my house. That helped a lot. I cleaned and organized my junk drawer and my tupperware. I filled two black bags with Michael's outgrown clothes. I'm in process of finding someone the right size to give them to. I got rid of one bag to the neighbor but the bigger stuff won't fit her son. I'm looking for a recipient for the next one. I wish the second hand here didn't have so many clothes. A lot of them would be great for school clothes for someone. grrrr.

Okay. I'm off to do some more cleaning. Have a great night ladies.

Oh Steph - Hugs Hugs Hugs - I am so sorry about your kitty - I am in tears just reading this and my heart is breaking for you... Hugs Hugs Hugs

Oh ya i just got the peanut butter fiber one bar - LOVE IT..

The apple something is good and so is the one with chocolate - but I bet I could eat 2 :thumbup:

Hi, Ladies--I'm back! So far I'm kinda like that Stealth plane, that hovers over the site without being seen or heard from, and then suddenly it appears out of nowhere! Things have been crazy here, so I haven't been able to write; but you ladies sure do provide a warm & cozy place to come to! As I read your daily victories & travails, and put them up against my days, it gives me a much better picture of where I am. I've still got so many questions (like, can ALL of you handle salad greens at this point? I saw someone say they had trouble with rice like me, but I still can't get down lettuce or Pasta, and definitely not bread or rice); but I'll have to hold off on really digging in, for a few more weeks.

We're planning my daughter's birthday sleepover pajama party (12 girls!) for next week; then 2 weeks later my DH (is that what we call them here?) and I are renewing our vows after 30 years of marriage. We're putting together a low-key, 'homespun' event at home--similar to the "last of the hippie weddings" we had in the 1st place! So it's really taking my time & energy.

But I did want to report how I'm doing, just to get the accountability going. I haven't been losing any pounds since I 1st contacted y'all, but I'm still feeling really good about how it's going. I've found my exercise!! It's been going against the grain to push myself into working out each day until now, but when I tried out my sister's recumbent bike, I was home! So I'm getting in some good work-outs, and then the rest of the day I'm doing a lot more stuff than I used to be able to.

I looked into that MyDailyPlate.com that so many have mentioned, and it's really helping. And today, to see if I could get my weight loss moving again, I started that 5-Day Pouch Test thing. I'd already applied some of the principles before & they helped, but now I'm doing the whole she-bang. It feels good to be clearing out the cobwebs, but I can't believe how weak I felt today, after the bike time and the dress-shopping.

And that's the last tidbit before I close: Like I'd said, I haven't gotten anything new since I started, because I'm trying to use all the stuff I've accumulated thru the years. But for the vow renewal, I'm gonna spring for something new. So yesterday I went out to find someplace with Plus-size clothes. 'Member, I live in Puerto Rico, and we don't have Lane Bryant or Catherine's or any of those. But in Macy's I found one dress that fit. Now, with my home wardrobe, I've gone from a size 32 to a 24-26...but this huge umbillical hernia sticking out makes the larger size necessary whenever the abdomen is a determining factor.

Imagine my surprise when trying on DRESSES--especially flowy dresses--to discover that a 22 fit me!! And even better, when I went to Marshall's today, all I could find was one size 20, but it was flowy (and only $20), so I got it thinking I could return it if it didn't fit.

But it DOES!! A size 20!! YAY!!

CONGRATULATION MARI ON YOUR SIZE 20 !!!! WTG...

I am glad that you have found an exercise that you enjoy and great on tracking your calorie - doing all these things is going to start the weight to come off...

Mari what can you eat - are you eating slider foods - I can eat everything from salad to rice - pasta - tender steak - sandwhich lite bread (I don't do the rolls but have pinched on the curst once or twice and ate it when at a restaurant)

-------

Ok ladies cking in - back from the gym - arms tonite and walked a mile - it's 7:30 and time to figure out what I am going to eat

CBL:tongue:

Good evening ladies.

I've gotta get over these head issues. I've said over and over the last week how tight I am and then tonight I actually think to myself "I didn't eat much all day, I'm going to try to get some of this taco salad down. I must be able to eat THIS since I couldn't eat anything else." Now why would I think that? I know better. And so I spend all evening pb'ing. Now I'm trying to get tea down because pineapple juice didn't go so well. I just don't know how I can let myself think this crap.

Tomorrow is actual weigh in but today's was promising. I just don't know what to think. I am wearing my size 0.5's from the MoA trip. I haven't been on top of watching my sizes but I'm comfortable in my 8's. That is amazing to me. But I'm hating my head right now. Driving me nuts.

Feeling better about my cat I think. My other animals are having a tough time. Poor babies.

Alright, time for bed. I'll talk to you all tomorrow.