Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky # Sevens- July 07 Bandsters

I'm up I'm up I'm up!!!!! Only 11 more hours and I'll be on the train!!!!

I'm off to go walking. I am walking a dog this morning. I walked her yesterday too. She's 6 mo's old and the sweetest little thing. Okay....sweetest monster thing. She's a golden retreiver and going to be HUGE. Her owner is out of town and his wife has a bad hip and can't handle her.

Well, I'd better get out and get her walked. I have a bunch to do today. I'll be checking in and out.

Good grief I'm knackered this morning. I decided to try some HIIT (High Intensive Interval Training) on the elliptical today. :biggrin: I did a 5 minute workout as recommended, then alternated between working at 100% (or as close to it as I could get :tt2:) for 60 seconds and a "rest" period, or I guess 25-50% for 60 seconds. I thought my lungs were going to drop on the floor when I was done. :svengo:

Edit: I didn't do a 5 minute workout, it was a 5 minute warm-up.See? It fried my brain! :lol:

Edited by Frustrated

Hi ladies!!! I'm getting ready to pack up my computer so I wanted to say goodby to you all until tomorrow. I'm so excited I'm about bursting!!

I self tanned, re-packed, and now I'm getting sick to my stomach. I was teasing Phyl yesterday but now I know how she felt. I hope she's having a great train ride!

Denise, let us know how you are doing. Keep in touch....tell me about the pouch test. If you do it, I want to know how easy it was to tell. It sounds almost too easy.

Karri, still haven't heard from you. Hope you're doing great. Probably enjoying that new tummy already!

Okay ladies....I'm off to the MoA!!!!!! I'll send pics tomorrow night.

Hey Gang - Well what's left for the next few days ....

Denise - I don't think you have streched your pouch - do the pouch test and see how that goes - Have then look at it under fluro - that would be covered by your insurance (or where you self pay?) Do you have restriction now???

I will have to ck out that coat you got - 5 pairs of shoe OMG girl you would have to bring 2 suitcases if you were going..

Ruby - Great on the exercise!! That's what I have read go fast for 1 min slow down 1 minute - go fast again ... I will walk fast for 1 song - slow down but bump the incline to 10 - back and forth - Monday trainer had us do diff leg exercises - OMG my butt & legs were killing my yesterday

Well, I got my gray covered and now am packing - had one suitcase then decided it wasn't big enought - not for what I am taking heck that would fit in a overnight back- it's for what I may bring back:lol: - I am going to put a note in the bag for security - the reason this bag is so empty is that I am going shopping at the mall of america and need room for my purchase when I come home :smile2:

I don't know who's a shopper like me - Candice said she wasn't much of - and not sure about Linda - Steph maybe but dh has her on a budget - Phyl I think she likes to shop.. Me BIG TIME SHOPPER.... But I think you all know that..

Ok gotta go eat - I really need to get to bed early - gotta get up at 2:30 so I can have coffee and in the shower by 3 a.m :ohmy: so that we are out of here by 4:15 and at the airport before 5 my plane leaves at 6:10 a.m.

I wish you all were coming with us - Next year Vegas - So make a Jar that says Lucky #7 Vegas Trip and every time you have a $5 bill in your wallet - but them in the jar and by next July you will have enought $$$ saved.

Ok = Hugs and will take picture for everyone... Will miss you..

Talk to most likely Tuesday...

Love Janet

Hi ladies. Phyll and I made it. We're waiting for our rooms to open up. We are all very tired.

My mom surprised me on the train and actually did come. That was funny! So I didn't have to make the whole trip alone...since Phyl and her DH had a sleeper. My biggest worry was getting accosted in my sleep.< /p>

So I think the concensus for the day is get to our rooms and take a nap. I don't dare go shopping without Janet!!!! Mom and I are talking about having our nails done. We shall see.

No pictures yet, but as soon as I get some I will upload. I sure wish everyone was here!!! I would love to meet you ALL!!! Next year. I'm going to take Janet's advice and start saving $5 bills. I just have to figure out where to put them so that I won't snitch.

Denise, did you test your pouch? I'm worried about you. haven't heard from you so I'm not sure what's going on. Try not to worry about it, okay? Don't put your horse before the cart.

Okay....I'm going to go veg some more. I'll check in this afternoon. And everyone that stayed home better start posting. How are we going to keep this thread #1 if it's silent for the next 5 days!!!!

Hugs to all!

Oh...forgot to tell my funny story.

Well....I get horribly motion sick. I don't know why I didn't realize that when packing. Anyways, I forgot my dramamine. So I go to the lounge car and they don't have any. So when we get to the next stop we have 35 minutes and I ask the attendant if they sell it in the station. She says no but that there is a convenience store "just up there". Okay....so I start going. And all of a sudden I see where "up there" is. And then I had to run. So I run all the way (okay, not all the way, but a lot of the way) up this hellacious hill. I'm huffing, puffing, ready to keel over and I ask the lady behind the counter if they had any. She looked at me like I was asking her for eye of newt or something. Well....they didn't have any....so I had to run BACK to the train....and still no dramamine!!!! But I ran. I almost died....and even though it wasn't 45 mins I'm adding it to my exercise log! That hill counts damnit!!!!

Okay....so that was my excitement for yesterday....now I'll return you to your regularly scheduled program....

Steph just think...a year ago you wouldn't have been able to do that at all! Hope the sickness got better! sleeping on a train can be tricky. We went to San Fran a couple years ago and I swear I had the biggest kink in my neck.

Well we are going to a party tomorrow and then going to visit my family. Hopefully my bloating and swelling will go down. Right now the scale is not a pretty picture!

Steph - Me and Dh went to dance lessons last night, and I knew I had to stop at the store on the way home for something. I was thinking on the way home, I can get the bread crumbs for the turkey burgers tomorrow, I'm not stopping. I totally forgot the real reason I had to stop was for the cottage cheese.< /span>

Last night I made turkey meatloaf and I was testing my restriction. I ate about 3/4 cup meatloaf then about 9 rice cakes. Didn't feel restriction, so I drank some Water, it went right through. So I wanted to test it further. I put some Peanut Butter on a slice of bread, ate it then drank water with no problem. If my pouch was full and I tried water I would PB. I feel I have no restriction. Peanut butter on bread would not go down if I had restriction. I'm going call my nurse now with my concerns.

Salsa- I saw your skin picture...AHHHHH AHHHHH AHHHHHH. You are very brave, there is no way in hell I could look at what they cut off me. I'd faint!!

It is 7 weeks for me and I still swell.

Steph - Me and Dh went to dance lessons last night, and I knew I had to stop at the store on the way home for something. I was thinking on the way home, I can get the bread crumbs for the turkey burgers tomorrow, I'm not stopping. I totally forgot the real reason I had to stop was for the cottage cheese.< /span>

Last night I made turkey meatloaf and I was testing my restriction. I ate about 3/4 cup meatloaf then about 9 rice cakes. Didn't feel restriction, so I drank some Water, it went right through. So I wanted to test it further. I put some Peanut Butter on a slice of bread, ate it then drank water with no problem. If my pouch was full and I tried water I would PB. I feel I have no restriction. Peanut butter on bread would not go down if I had restriction. I'm going call my nurse now with my concerns.

Salsa- I saw your skin picture...AHHHHH AHHHHH AHHHHHH. You are very brave, there is no way in hell I could look at what they cut off me. I'd faint!!

It is 7 weeks for me and I still swell.

That does sound awful open to me. Just the thought of peanut butter on bread and then drinking almost made me pb. I think Janet had a logical next step....to do a fill under floro (or whatever it's called). Or a barium swallow like you did right after surgery. I would talk to them about not doing something about it while you were still under "free fills" even though you told them there was a problem.

I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for you. Remember that 80% of this is us...only 20% is the band. You are strong enough to do this until you find out the problem. Don't let those head demons take over.

The nurse assist just called me back. She said the nurse took out .4 before my surgery. My 1st fill after surgery she put back .3, and the fill on Monday she put in another .4. I told her I am freakin because I was quite tight before surgery and now I feel nothing and my year is up. She scheduled me for an evaluation next Monday. I am not hungry, but I think it's because I'm very nervous. I can not go back to being fat again. Not again!!!!

I'm going exercise again. You gals have fun, party for us!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hell yeah, I'm planning on Vegas next year. I have been wanting to go to Vegas for about 3 years.

Partying??? Why would you assume partying???? We were perfect bandsters tonight!

Doggy boxes in the fridge for each of us, went walking in the mall after dinner to get in our exercise.....

Oh....and we ordered you all a margarita. Enjoy it!!!!!!

post-227068-1381313736504_thumb.jpg

Happy Bandiversary to all the Lucky 7's!!!

You are all in our hearts if not our presence! We couldn't have done any of this without each and every one of you. We talked about all of you tonight.....no, not like that!!! Saying that we missed you and wished you could be here.

post-227068-13813137389883_thumb.jpg