Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky # Sevens- July 07 Bandsters

I don't know when I can take a shower. We will discuss that at my post-op tomorrow. Most of the time you can't take them until the drains are out. The only specific thing that it said was no baths until after 4 weeks. I think I am just glued shut. I don't think I have external stitches...but I don't know. I can't see the incisions. DH was able to see a little bit of it and said it looked like glue but he couldn't be certain.

I don't know when I can take a shower. We will discuss that at my post-op tomorrow. Most of the time you can't take them until the drains are out. The only specific thing that it said was no baths until after 4 weeks. I think I am just glued shut. I don't think I have external stitches...but I don't know. I can't see the incisions. DH was able to see a little bit of it and said it looked like glue but he couldn't be certain.

My doc used glue when I had my lb surgery & steri strips on my port site (along with glue)

Ya I bet you will have to wait til drains are out... You are a real trooper - how was your walk... I bet it was good to get outside.

I haven't been out since Friday - well have been in the pool but I haven't gotten dressed (hair makeup) for 2 days :):lol: That's true relaxing for me. I had 11 days straight of that (make up hair dressing) and needed the break.

I tryed the special K waffles 160 calories for 2 with the sf Syrup - good and filling while I was eating them but it didn't last long - had some pinto Beans 2 hrs later and feeling full - really do think I need a tweak.

When &/or are go going to get another fill - after you have healed? or do you think you even need one?? You have been doing so well without being filled - I don't think I would have done so well.. I say my band does 25% of the work - but without that 25% I wouldn't be so successfull.. I do need it..

I don't think that I am going to get a fill. I am hoping that I will be able to maintain without it. Once I am healed I am going to be training for the Eugene Marathon in May so I will be back to running long distances again and if I can't eat enough calories I contuniue to lose. I have thought about getting just a tiny fill to keep me from getting hungry but I still get stuck so I really don't want to risk it. Right now I don't have ANY appetite and I don't know how long that will last. I have not been very good today with calories. I have only had 620 calories and 45 grams of Protein. I still have to have another Protein Bar with my antibiotic tonight so that is another 20 grams and I will probably have something more for dinner tonight so hopefully I can get over 1200 calories.

Right now the worst thing is the gas. HOLY COW I am full of gas. I have been taking gas-x but it doesn't seem to be doing much.

Happy BELATED 4th of July to all of you!!!

I have been busy with Weekend company (out of towners) and then this afternoon I went to visit with my Mom.

She's still pretty weak after the Angiogram, but she's glad to be out of her 2 day " solitary confinement" after the procedure.

SHe's acquiesed to some additional nursing care, (whew) she just loves the private nurse I got her for those 2 days and now she says she'd like it if the Nurse came and bathed her twice a week, the residential care nurse already provides one in her monthly fee. So I was pleased that Mom asked for more care herself... it will be available for her in the future if she needs help dressing or getting down to the dining room for meals.

She was in pretty good spirits really and we watched "Don't forget the Lyrics" all afternoon.

I have a wee confession though, I've been stress eating... I've been unaccountable all weekend....

BUT, tomorrow is Monday and a work day so it will be easier to get back on track.

Karri; I am so happy to see you posting and that you are doing well.

Phyl - I've got to apologize. I emptied all those tops out of my closet this morning and.....would you believe they are 3X. I can still send them off if you want. Just let me know.

Not much going on here. Just wanted to check in and say hi.

HI ALL. GREETINGS.

Hi,

No problem. Don't worry about it. Happily, I'm pretty much out of 3X and wearing 2X, 1X, 20/22. Only 3X I'm still wearing are a few that I can't seem to part with, but they're too big. Hooray!

Phyl - Darling little guy. Sure is a cutie.

Thanks! He is the youngest of our 10 grandchildren. He DID NOT want Grandma to cut his hair even though he said he did!! Had to buzz it because it took two to hold him down & wrestle him while I cut it as fast as I could!!

Janet - Sounds to me like you want to eat. DON'T DO IT!!!

I think maybe I do, too. Sometimes I'm fine, others I'm fighting hunger.

I have to tell you guys about my God Smack, yesterday. DH and I met up with DS in town for the annual parade. Beautiful day, nice and sunny, breezy and no humidity. Sitting there, enjoying myself when someone in the parade threw out a handfull of tootsie roll midgets. O-O-O-O chocolate. Got up to pick up a couple tht were in front of me.................over-balanced and fell flat on my face. (after landing on my bum knee....OUCH) Embarrassing. Now that is a real God Smack.

MY NSV for yesterday. DH and I went back into town last night to see the fireworks. It had really cooled down so I grabbed my jacket. OMG ! ! ! My elbows just about hit the bottom of the sleeve opening. That's how big it was. Guess I'm gonna have to get a new one come Fall.8_14_7.gif

TTYL, ladies. HAVE A GOOD NIGHT, DRINK YOUR Water AND MAKE GOOD CHOICES.

GREAT NSV, and I LOVED the "God Smack" story!! I retold it on one of the Christian threads... a lady was lamenting the fact that she was craving chocolate and using it to self-medicate. Hope you don't mind.

Good Morning All !!!

Well back at work !!! I had a restful weekend - conserving my energy (and $$$ - well I did buy a camera this weekend from QVC) for our M of A trip in 2 weeks - can you beleive it's here all ready.

Candice - Ok on the stress eating even skinny pple aren't perfect 24/7 heck watch any t.v. show skinny chicks get into the ice cream & chocolate when they are stressed - it's getting back on track that counts - remember it's not those couple of piece of candy or cake that makes you fat it's when you eat the whole darn thing every day all day.. So yep back to work back to healthy eating... Glad to hear that you Mom is in good spirts...

Phyl - I go on 7/30 for dr appointment - keep going back and forth if I should call before hand - He only does fills on Wed - I doubt I can get in this Wed - if I could get in on the 16th that would be find (give me enought time to see if it's too thigh before our trip) - I have mamo on the 15th - hate that much time away from the office - well we will see.

Karri - a whole marathon - you go girl and I agree you most likely don't need a fill since you have such a hard time already getting all your calories. Proud of you for all the mental changes you have made in the last year...

food yesterday - special K waffles w/sf Syrup (200)- 3/4 pinto Beans (175) - 1 1/2 cup watermelon (200)- light chips (100) - 3 oz chicken (200)- 1/4 c potato salad (150) - banana pudding (100)- seems like i ate more - but I guess not. I just seemed hungry yesterday (afternoon)- but thats 1125 calories - got all my Water in too.

Well off to ck my desk - CBL :tt1:

Hi all. Just checking in. Nothing new to report.

However, I was going to call and make reservations for our MofA trip and now can't find the info I wrote down. Is it July 25, 26th, 27th? Homewood Suites? grrrr

Phyll, do I need to make reservation for the train or just show up? I've never done the train thing before?

Janet got me thinking it's only just around the corner and I haven't done all that yet. I'm afraid I'm not going to be in size 8 that soon. I'm trying but I just don't think it's going to happen. We'll see.

Gotta run. Have a good day all

I just got back from the doctor and YEAH I can take a shower today. When I take my shower I will take pictures and I will post them. The plan is to take my shower around 3ish so I should have pictures up by 5. My tummy looks really good. There is a fair amount of loose skin towards my breasts but it still looks a million times better than it did. I was so excited to see my belly button.

I will post more later.

Hi Everyone... I've been away for about a month or so... was really busy with my new job. But, as fate would have it... I'm now not so busy as I was FIRED...:biggrin::frown:

I left my old job of 7 years to join this company, and then 11 weeks later they let me go for no reason... just didn't want to spend the money!!!

It happened last week and I'm still in shock. I haven't been able to keep much food down because when I'm stressed I'm very restricted. So I've also lost 7 lbs in one week... ok, I like that, but would rather have a job!

Now I'm back to square one, with no opportunities for my field in London. If I want to stay in Marketing, I'll have to move closer to Toronto, which is not good for my family. So, as you can imagine... sucks to be me right now!

Ok, enough bad stuff about me... I see you are all doing fantastic!!! Congrats.

My goal was to lose 52 lbs post op by my bandaversary... well, I did it today... 3 weeks early, and a total of 67 from my pre-band high! I wanted to do this slow and steady at 1 lb per week, which I've done without any major difficulties. Now that I'm off work, I am going to try and be more physically active... no excuses!

Take Care,

Kathy

I was going to call and make reservations for our MofA trip and now can't find the info I wrote down. Is it July 25, 26th, 27th? Homewood Suites? grrrr

Phyll, do I need to make reservation for the train or just show up? I've never done the train thing before?

Janet got me thinking it's only just around the corner and I haven't done all that yet. I'm afraid I'm not going to be in size 8 that soon. I'm trying but I just don't think it's going to happen. We'll see. Gotta run. Have a good day all

We're arriving on Friday the 25th & leave on Monday the 28th.

YES, you definitely need a reservation for the train. A lot of the trains are already sold out for the summer. Hope you don't have a problem getting a seat! We have a "roomette" reserved from Everett - St. Paul and coming back, from Chicago to Everett.

Hi Everyone... I've been away for about a month or so... was really busy with my new job. But, as fate would have it... I'm now not so busy as I was FIRED...:):frown:

I left my old job of 7 years to join this company, and then 11 weeks later they let me go for no reason... just didn't want to spend the money!!!

It happened last week and I'm still in shock. I haven't been able to keep much food down because when I'm stressed I'm very restricted. So I've also lost 7 lbs in one week... ok, I like that, but would rather have a job!

Now I'm back to square one, with no opportunities for my field in London. If I want to stay in Marketing, I'll have to move closer to Toronto, which is not good for my family. So, as you can imagine... sucks to be me right now!

My goal was to lose 52 lbs post op by my bandaversary... well, I did it today... 3 weeks early, and a total of 67 from my pre-band high! I wanted to do this slow and steady at 1 lb per week, which I've done without any major difficulties. Now that I'm off work, I am going to try and be more physically active... no excuses!

Take Care,

Kathy

I am so sorry to hear about your Job loss. THey are MORONS!!! London is a growing centre so Be confidant that you will find something worthy of your talents!!!

:biggrin:

Here is the picture collage!

OMG KARRI WHAT A WONDERFUL TT YOU GOT !!!! YOU ARE 4 DAYS OUT AND YOU LOOK FABULOUS !!!! JUST WAIT TILL THE SWELLING GOES DOWN YOU ARE GOING TO BE A WAIF...

I am going to have to come to see your doc for my arms... She did a wonderful job - I could come a stay with you and since your dh has already practiced on you he could change my arm bandages. Does she do body lifts??? I would love the works...

Really - you look absolutely great for 4 days out - I am so happy for you...

Hi all. Just checking in. Nothing new to report.

However, I was going to call and make reservations for our MofA trip and now can't find the info I wrote down. Is it July 25, 26th, 27th? Homewood Suites? grrrr

Janet got me thinking it's only just around the corner and I haven't done all that yet. I'm afraid I'm not going to be in size 8 that soon. I'm trying but I just don't think it's going to happen. We'll see.

Gotta run. Have a good day all

Steph - Yep homewood suites at mall of america - .. 7/25 arriving - leaving Monday 7/28 - that gave us full days together

Hi Everyone... I've been away for about a month or so... was really busy with my new job. But, as fate would have it... I'm now not so busy as I was FIRED...:):frown:

Take Care,

Kathy

Kathy

Sorry to hear about the loss of your job... Thats terrible, but like my dad always said something better will come along - I got let go - lady said she couldn't afford my salary $104 a week in 1979 - well, that when I got my current job - this wed 7/9 i will be there 29 yrs..

Congrats on making it to goal ahead of your anniversary... That awesome..

Hugs

Janet