Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky # Sevens- July 07 Bandsters

Good Morning Ladies!!!!

Hope you all had a great night sleep. I'm tired this morning but it's probably nothing a nice brisk walk wouldn't cure. Going to wait until little quack is finished with Breakfast and then head out for a bit.

Peaches, I'm so sorry about your mom. I know all the stuff about her having a long life and all doesn't help the frustration and the worry. I'm thinking of you and wishing you all the best. I may have missed it, but what is the prognosis? I know she is having a hard time getting around because of the blockages but that's all I remember you telling us.

Thanks Stephanie; My Mom has had a very full life, that is a blessing. As far as a prognosis.. she is in pretty fragile health, already had 1 heart attach this past Feb. Now the Cardiologist said he'd give us a referal to a Surgeon for a By-pass ... but problem being that my Mother dosn't want it.

It's a very big surgery, crack open the chest, strip the veins from both legs, 4 wk convalesance etc... she just does not want all that intervention.

So my siblings and I expressed that "WE" wanted her to have it done, but HER wishes are to be left alone...

Its sad & heartbreaking but my Mom is of sound mind and I don't want to "torture" her with more surgery especially if she is not in 100%..

so that's where it stands, make her happy and comfortable for as long as possible..and consider each day a BLESSING.

Karri, I'm thinking of you. I'll keep you in my thoughts all day. Can't wait until Janet tells us you're out of surgery and doing fine. ME too , I am anxious to hear that you are home and recouperating comfortably.

Kari, I am still working on the site so there may be times when it's crazy and the pics aren't there. I'm getting ready to do a lapband page and we'll see what I decide to put on there. Who knows how adventurous I'll get. I hope you enjoyed the grandbabies, even though they can be snippy sometimes they will remember these times forever. I can't imagine anyone not noticing your weight loss so after the parade you will be flying high! I'm glad you are feeling great enough to get out and go this year. What an amazing nsv. Feel great about that!

Okay....gotta run. Busy day planned. I'll talk to you all later.

O.k. now I gotta go check out your web site...:thumbup:

karri's dh just texted me

she is out of surgery and doing great

karri's dh just texted me

she is out of surgery and doing great

That's very good news!

Now comes the recovery. She will need all the support and encouragement we can give! It will probably be tough.

Another cool rainy day here today. We went to see "Get Smart" this afternoon with DD & SIL. Then they went home to deal with DGD!! She has pretty much only been coming home to shower, change her clothes and feed her dog. So, one day back from Cabo & they're pissed!

Movie was great! We loved it! And I love how much more comfortable the seats are! OH, my, what a difference!

That's very good news!

Now comes the recovery. She will need all the support and encouragement we can give! It will probably be tough.

Another cool rainy day here today. We went to see "Get Smart" this afternoon with DD & SIL. Then they went home to deal with DGD!! She has pretty much only been coming home to shower, change her clothes and feed her dog. So, one day back from Cabo & they're pissed!

Movie was great! We loved it! And I love how much more comfortable the seats are! OH, my, what a difference!

Ya I can't imagine the pain she is going to be in and the fact that she can't exercise and have to wear compresion garments - I think she can walk after a couple week... I am just glad she made it thru surgery -to bad she isn't at least staying overnight - but she said she is comming home with a pain pump so as long as the pain in controled.

You liked the movie - I saw the previews - didn't think I would like it much - I ususally don't go for comdies - I am a drama - cop & robber - kid of girl - I do like some comdies but not many -

Yep the first time I realized I crossed my legs was in the show... So much more room than before..

I am home and actually not in a whole lot of pain. Just a little groggy. They sent me home about 1 1/2 hours after I was out of surgery. That place was crazy!

I am home and actually not in a whole lot of pain. Just a little groggy. They sent me home about 1 1/2 hours after I was out of surgery. That place was crazy!

WOW!! That was a fast discharge after such extensive surgery!!

How long did the surgery last??

So glad you're back home, though! I hate being in the hospital! I sacrificed my pain pump once after knee surgery, because they said I coulnd't go until I could do without it. It's always better to be home. Glad to hear things went well and that you're not in too much pain. I know we've all had you on our minds all day today!

OMW YOU ARE ON THE COMPUTER !!!!! CHILD ... Well I am glad you are doing so well...

Fortunately my school let me take my laptop home for the summer since they knew I wouldn't be able to sit at my desktop and work. So that is why I can be on here.

The surgery was 4.5 hours long and I was discharged 1 hour and 15 minutes after the surgery was finished. Yeah....they are very efficient there!

The doctor has already called me at home to make sure that everything is going well. She is the sweetest lady ever. Then the anethesiologist was a hoot. Seriously had the best bedside manner ever. Those guys are usually stuffy jerks but this one was cracking jokes and we were talking chemistry right up until I dozed off.

During surgery she only removed 4.1 pounds. She was not able to get the tummy TOTALLY flat but said that she would do that at a significant priced reduction when I have my breast lift. She just didn't want to compromise blood flow. So there will be a tiny little pooch right underneath my breasts but the rest of the tummy will be flat. She actually went out and discussed it with DH before making the final decision on what to do. She could have made the decision on her own, but instead opted to discuss it with family...how cool is that! She truly is an amazing woman and doctor. You can already see improvement. I am obviously still in the binder but it is so flat! Makes my boobies look REALLY big now though! DH says he is going to have to get two sticks to beat off the high schoolers! I already had a few flirting with me at the end of last year. Kind of creepy...no one ever hit on me when I was fat. At first I didn't even notice that they were doing it...then I got freaked out.

Well I should probably go post on my plastic surgery thread. I am going to just copy and paste this as I don't want to think!

Fortunately my school let me take my laptop home for the summer since they knew I wouldn't be able to sit at my desktop and work. So that is why I can be on here.

The surgery was 4.5 hours long and I was discharged 1 hour and 15 minutes after the surgery was finished. Yeah....they are very efficient there!

The doctor has already called me at home to make sure that everything is going well. She is the sweetest lady ever. Then the anethesiologist was a hoot. Seriously had the best bedside manner ever. Those guys are usually stuffy jerks but this one was cracking jokes and we were talking chemistry right up until I dozed off.

During surgery she only removed 4.1 pounds. She was not able to get the tummy TOTALLY flat but said that she would do that at a significant priced reduction when I have my breast lift. She just didn't want to compromise blood flow. So there will be a tiny little pooch right underneath my breasts but the rest of the tummy will be flat. She actually went out and discussed it with DH before making the final decision on what to do. She could have made the decision on her own, but instead opted to discuss it with family...how cool is that! She truly is an amazing woman and doctor. You can already see improvement. I am obviously still in the binder but it is so flat! Makes my boobies look REALLY big now though! DH says he is going to have to get two sticks to beat off the high schoolers! I already had a few flirting with me at the end of last year. Kind of creepy...no one ever hit on me when I was fat. At first I didn't even notice that they were doing it...then I got freaked out.

Well I should probably go post on my plastic surgery thread. I am going to just copy and paste this as I don't want to think!

I can't beleive you are on the computer :thumbup: - You aren't you in pain?? The pain pump doesn't dope you up but puts meds in the incision site??

Your doc sounds fab - I would like a lady ps doc - better than a man - you going to take progress pics aren't you..

Are you eating?? Drinking ??? Take care and rest you just had major surgery...

Ya next year you are going to have to watch out for those teenage boys - we don't want to read about you in the paper running off to Mexico to do the wild thing with some baby :lol::lol::tt1::lol:

The pain pump delivers numbing medication directly to the tummy. It doesn't make me groggy, but the vicodin does a little. I doze on and off.

I am not eating much. I had 2 half cups of cottage cheese and a Protein Bar. I just don't have an appetite. I have been drinking though. She was was more concerned about liquids than food today. Tomorrow I will resume a more normal diet but today all she cared is that I ate when I took my antibiotics and that I either had a Protein bar or a Protein Drink.

I am resting. I am sitting in my chair with my computer on my now expansive lap and check in every once in a while. I am not a big TV watcher so I get bored just watching TV. I would much rather be reading. I can't do a lot of it cause my eyes start to get droopy but in short bursts I can do just fine.

Alright I have to say one more time that I have the BEST DH in the world. The poor man has to go with me when I go to the bathroom and yes...I had to pee in front of him for the first time ever. I know...TMI! But he doesn't even bat an eye. He checks on me regularly but is not overbearing. I think I have the perfect man. He has to empty my drains and doesn't think a thing of it. In fact...I think he likes playing doctor! The fact that he is not working right now makes finances tight but it is very reassuring that he is going to be here with me.

Okay enough mushiness from me. I am going to get up and walk. My butt gets sore if I sit too long. And yes...I am allowed to get up and walk every 1.5 to 2 hours.

The pain pump delivers numbing medication directly to the tummy. It doesn't make me groggy, but the vicodin does a little. I doze on and off.

I am not eating much. I had 2 half cups of cottage cheese and a Protein bar. I just don't have an appetite. I have been drinking though. She was was more concerned about liquids than food today. Tomorrow I will resume a more normal diet but today all she cared is that I ate when I took my antibiotics and that I either had a protein bar or a protein drink.

I am resting. I am sitting in my chair with my computer on my now expansive lap and check in every once in a while. I am not a big TV watcher so I get bored just watching TV. I would much rather be reading. I can't do a lot of it cause my eyes start to get droopy but in short bursts I can do just fine.

Alright I have to say one more time that I have the BEST DH in the world. The poor man has to go with me when I go to the bathroom and yes...I had to pee in front of him for the first time ever. I know...TMI! But he doesn't even bat an eye. He checks on me regularly but is not overbearing. I think I have the perfect man. He has to empty my drains and doesn't think a thing of it. In fact...I think he likes playing doctor! The fact that he is not working right now makes finances tight but it is very reassuring that he is going to be here with me.

Okay enough mushiness from me. I am going to get up and walk. My butt gets sore if I sit too long. And yes...I am allowed to get up and walk every 1.5 to 2 hours.

You are pretty amazing!!

So glad to hear you're doing so well.

Hope you have a restful sleep tonight.

:tt1:

:lol:

:thumbup:

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

I miss my Smileys!! Wish I could find them again!

Holy CATS!!! Karri's back already!! Wow Wow and Wow again.

I'm not staying long....just thought I'd see if I missed anything yesterday. while I was fighting with my website. A lot of my stuff still doesn't work but it is getting there.

Okay....are you guys ready for my HUGE news???? It's HUGE!!!!

Okay...maybe not HUGE HUGE for most normal people but HUGE for me.

Is the suspense killing you yet????

Hmmmm....maybe I won't tell you because then I'll jinx myself.....

Okay....I'm on my way to my first 5k!!!! I have to register at 7:30. I can't believe I'm signing up for a 5k!!! How cool is that? I know, for normal people they wouldn't understand but I would never have walked 5 blocks last summer. It would have killed me. Okay...maybe not killed me but the idea of it would have. Anyways. I'm not running like our super woman, but I'm going to walk it and there is no way I'm not going to relish EVERY SINGLE MINUTE!!!

Okay. I need to brush my teeth and head out. I'll check in after that. Talk to you ladies later.

Karri!!!! You are a super woman. I'm so excited for you, happy to hear you're doing okay, frantic to see your progress, and astonished that you were on the puter yesterday!!! I'm humming the super woman theme in my head just thinking about it. Glad you're home and doing great.

Okay...gotta run.

I'm back!!! With a time of 50:40 I didn't feel so great for about half of it. Shouldn't have had v8 fusion for breakfast. Shame on me.

Just thought I'd check back in.

Steph - Congrats. That is a good time for the first race! Watch out though...those races can get addicting! I know. I tried to convince DH to let me run in the 5K run in town today! Okay...I am just kidding! I would have walked like a 90 year old woman who just crapped her pants. I have to walk hunched over and I look very funny! Everyone is different when it comes to eating and drinking before a run/walk. The only time I break the eating/drinking rule is when I run.

I'm back!!! With a time of 50:40 I didn't feel so great for about half of it. Shouldn't have had v8 fusion for breakfast. Shame on me.

Just thought I'd check back in.

What's this "SHAME ON ME"?????

That's GREAT!!

Would you have even thought about entering a year ago????

C'mon!! That's FANTASTIC!!