Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky # Sevens- July 07 Bandsters

GOOD MORNING GANG !!!!

I was at an Airborne party last night - didn't get home till like 8:30 and was beat

23_5_109v.gif Just got a phone call from the hospital with the results of my biopsy.

NEGATIVE

WAHOO ! ! !

Kari - CONGRATULATIONS !! I know how nerve wracking waiting for the results can be...

I am with you Janet!!! I cannot beleive some of the content there???:tongue2:

Did you watch that one girls UTUBE thing?? About her VaJay-jay??

Disgusting:confused2:

Peaches - I watched the video. I didn't think the video was from a girl on the site. Anyway, while watching I'm thinking: What the hell kind of human being would video tape herself talking about her big, fat, sloppy, va jay jay and post it on the internet for millions, I'm talking millions of people to see. Talking your personel business with your close friends in privacy is one thing. That video was repulsive!!!!! It absolutely disgust me how low class people are. It makes me sorry that the world I live in is so sick, Jerry Springer filthy ass disgusting sick.!!!!!!

Anyway, I have to change the tape on my wounds tonight. OMG, I'm freakin, The bottom of the T- cut is oozing on the tape a bit. I'm sick, I need a valium or a shot of Tequila.

Candice & Denise

I haven't watched it - I just sorta glanced at it - pad's vs tampon's how stupid - now I will have to go look for it and watch it - People now a days have no class - I am of the generation that my Mother brought me up to be respectable - not that I can't cuss like a sailor and act like a slut - but only in the right situation :biggrin:. Heck if my left hand wasn't in my lap during dinner - My Mom would stab it with a fork to remind me it belonged in my lap and not on the table - Manners were a very big thing in my family - I could go to the White House and have dinner - drink champagne & caviar and not be intimated - and I can go to the hood and play domino's & spades :tt2: while drinking Thunderbird & pineapple juice:tt2:

O.k. Goodmorning everyone.... I hope you are all awake, as I am NOT...

I went to a staff mtg last night 7:30 - 10pm and when I got home my MIND would just not shut off... I watched news, Larry King, And Cooper360 TWICE!!! still couldn't numb myself down enough to sleep...

My Boss is thinking of offering Isagenix weight loss prog in our clinic. I am just NOT an advocate for this system... they are gimics pure and simple... I know this from all of the other diet gimmicks that have been around - cause I've tried them ALL>>>> that's why I ended up paying $16k for my Lap band... to be done with all that crap.

I am just now getting to the point where I can start losing the rest of my weight... but I want it to be by eating REAL food, just a whole hell of a lot less of it.... plus keep the cravings at bay.

Oh my DH made REAL coffee this a.m. -yum!~~ I even had real (low fat ) cream in it for a treat (counted the cals LOL)

My band is definetly tighter, I have to drink my coffee slowly, and work up to my oats!

Yest was a another good food choice day!!! Yeah

Sory for being so verbose this morning,,, just a Sh1t load on my mind...

Give me your thoughts on the Clinic issue

Candice

Never heard of that diet - will have to google it but I agree with you 100% - Sick of gimmicks.

I couldn't sleep Wed night - last night at the facial party I was beat - got a 10 mg xania from GF and slept great last night - on my 3rd cup of coffee as I am still dragging a$$ - 119 yesterday - it's 8:30 and already 91.

Why don't you drink regular coffee I couldn't live without it - I have one cup every morning with splenda and sf creamer...

Ok gotta ck my desk - CBL :smile:

RUBY AND LINDA WHERE IN THE HECK ARE YOU TWO !!!!!

RUBY AND LINDA WHERE IN THE HECK ARE YOU TWO !!!!!

I'm here. :biggrin2: I've been reading up on posts most days. I'm not ignoring you all. You don't smell or anything. :laugh: I've just been preoccupied with my little monster..... errrrrr, I mean darling son (Bratman). :sneaky: He's gone to the pool with friends for a couple of hours and I was tempted to tag along, but this place is a disaster area with him at home, so I opted to clean instead. Most of the chores are still waiting for me, but they're patient and don't mind how long I take before I get to them. :glare:

I've been doing really really well. My new attitude towards food is working well for me. I made the decision not to obsess. I don't think there's ever been a time in my life that it's not revolved around food. As a child I was taught to be a clean plater. So everything had to be cleared off to appease the food gods and the starving children in Africa. :rolleyes2: Then as a young adult on my own I could eat whatever I wanted, whenever I wanted, and even lick my knife if I so pleased without fear of my tongue being cut to shreds. So I did. And I liked it. Then as the pounds slowly but surely increased I became aware of the foods that I shouldn't be eating and obsessed over the many things I would try to deny myself. Only to go to the other extreme and gorge myself silly. Finally to the point where I had my lap band.

It's been almost 11 months for me. A tough 11 months. It's only these past few weeks that I've actually felt like my band is working for me and not the other way around, where I had to work to make sure my band did. I relaxed. Oh my stars it's a wonderful feeling. I don't walk through the market eyeing all the Cookies and pastries that I'd love to eat but know I can't. Instead I go and look at them all. Really look at them. And all I see are sugar bombs a sticky Syrup. It's not appetising to me anymore.

I was in Starbucks this week and decided I'd have a treat. I couldn't find anything in the pastry stand that appealed to me. However, I spotted a fruit/cheese pack that looked delicious and grabbed that instead. It's just so very strange and I barely recognise myself anymore. But I like what I see. Loving it, in fact. :thumbup:

2 weeks ago my weight had gone up to 175 again, partly due to Aunt Flo, partly due to my new weights exercise routine. Last week it was down to 173. Still a pound over my best, but an improvement. This week I'm hoping for another small drop. The difference now is that if there's no loss, I'm going to be okay with that.

I enjoy my morning exercise. It's ME time. I have a wonderful husband and son, but my mental state benefits from that half hour alone in the gym. I've had to find the incentive from within to get there. Seeing as how I don't have to take Bratman to the bus stop in the mornings over the summer, it all comes down to me. I took one day off this week because I was struggling with a horrible headache. I spent too many hours the day before using Bratman's DS Lite without my glasses on. That'll teach me. :rolleyes2: But getting there is easy. Easy because I want to go, not because I have to go. :smile2:

Well that's it from me. I know I wanted to say lots more, but old lady brain has taken control of the keyboard, so whatever thoughts I had have been filed safely in my forgettory. :tongue2:

Hope you've all been drinking your Water. It's easy for me with the high temps these days. Not as high as Janet, but still pretty warm even for Texas for this time of year.

Drink! Drink! Drink!

My Boss is thinking of offering Isagenix weight loss prog in our clinic. I am just NOT an advocate for this system... they are gimics pure and simple... I know this from all of the other diet gimmicks that have been around - cause I've tried them ALL>>>>

I did a quick google earlier on this because I'd never heard of it before either. It does sound like a gimmick. A 30 day program? What about the rest of your life? It's all well and good to cleanse your system once in a while because it will benefit from that, but to think of it as a weight loss solution is wrong because it will only be temporary.

I tried many, many diets as well. Some of them more successful than others. Everyone needs to find what works for them. If restricting yourself to Meal Replacement drinks for a period of time does it for you, more power to you. I personally wouldn't be able to advocate it to other people though. :rolleyes2:

Good Morning Everyone,

Naaa, I'm joking, I've been up since 12:30.

I am very sore today, guess I over did it yesterday. I drove myself to the mall, went to Dillards, got a pair of shoes, a purse, and a bathing suit. I just couldn't stay home one more day. Also went to dance lessons last night. I missed last week. Couple danced for about 30 minutes. I'm paying for this today. Not bad, but sore.

DH had to change my tape last night. The PS puts this sticky brown tape on all my insisions and says change it every 2 days. Why, why, why do I have to put tape on cuts and then pull it off, why.

I cried just a little, and felt very nauseous and light headed.

Nauseouse is a work, I CAN'T SPEElee

O.K., about pain meds. They have been the worse part of this whole ordeal. I hate them. How do people get addicted to that horrid shit. Anyway, I have learned that most of the pain meds we have all taken are already mixed with acetometaphin. So, do not take Tylenol with pain meds. Taking even a smigeon too much of acetometaphin is dangerous, DANGEROUS. Vicodin, Loritab, Percocet all have aceto..... in them. O.K. that's another word I can't spellllele.

You know if alcohol worked as pain meds. it would be better to take, the side effects are much less.

This medical advice is 4 dollars, please send cash or money order to me. Thank you, you may also send qvc money

:tongue2::lol::thumbup::lol: Denise you're a riot. I'm glad to see you're in such good spirits. Dancing?!? :rolleyes2: I can't believe you're up to even thinking about that so soon.

Thanks for keeping us updated on your surgery progress. It's nice to know all the little things that you don't think about when making plans to go under the knife. I want to lose another 15 or so pounds to get in the weight range I think is good for me. I've heard and read many doctors advise within 10lbs of your target goal weight. I'm not going to get mine done during the summer. I had to wait 6 weeks before I was allowed to get in a pool or bath after my boob job, and I expect it will be similar with the TT. I wouldn't be able to handle that in the middle of summer. So I have time to lose and save for an Autumn/Winter surgery.

I'm not going to go to the same surgeon for my TT. He was a great boob doc, but I don't think his skills are up to the same standard as far as TTs go. I have a couple of other options there. I visited 4 surgeons in total when I was researching for boobs, and my other options are amongst them. So I've already met them and am comfortable with the choice I'll be making. I wanted to go to a doctor who has his own operating room at his surgery to save money on booking a hospital room. I'm mentally ready for the surgery, I just have to get my body a little closer to goal. :rolleyes2:

Oh. The cheque's (check) in the mail.

Yesterday I went for a long run (10 miles) and pulled up with a slight injury. I have tendonitis in my achilles tendon so doctor now has me on rest until Sunday and then no long runs (nothing more than 3 miles) until the race. If I had been running the half marathon I would have run through the pain, but I stopped before I had finished the full 12 miles that I was going to do because I figured there was no point in injuring myself during training.

Another good news, my insurance did cover my cymbalta and it is only 20$ a month. First decent thing my insurance has done!

You be careful!!

Congrats on the insurance victory!!

I am very sore today, guess I over did it yesterday. I drove myself to the mall, went to Dillards, got a pair of shoes, a purse, and a bathing suit. I just couldn't stay home one more day. Also went to dance lessons last night. I missed last week. Couple danced for about 30 minutes. I'm paying for this today. Not bad, but sore.

DH had to change my tape last night. The PS puts this sticky brown tape on all my incisions and says change it every 2 days. Why, why, why do I have to put tape on cuts and then pull it off, why.

Nauseous is a work, I CAN'T SPEElee

O.K., about pain meds. They have been the worse part of this whole ordeal. I hate them. How do people get addicted to that horrid shit. Anyway, I have learned that most of the pain meds we have all taken are already mixed with acetometaphin. So, do not take Tylenol with pain meds. Taking even a smigeon too much of acetometaphin is dangerous, DANGEROUS. Vicodin, Loritab, Percocet all have aceto..... in them. O.K. that's another word I can't spellllele.

You know if alcohol worked as pain meds. it would be better to take, the side effects are much less.

This medical advice is 4 dollars, please send cash or money order to me. Thank you, you may also send qvc money

Dancing????? Are you crazy?????

:rolleyes2::lol::tongue2::lol: Denise you're a riot. I'm glad to see you're in such good spirits. Dancing?!? :rolleyes2: I can't believe you're up to even thinking about that so soon.

I agree!!

5_5_138.gif

26_22_1v.gif

Kari -- Congratulations!!!! What was the biopsy for?

I had a questionable mamogram. Turned out to be calcification. Thank God. My sister passed away from breast cancer and I was nervous to say the least.

I'm here. :biggrin2: I've been reading up on posts most days. I'm not ignoring you all. You don't smell or anything. :laugh: I've just been preoccupied with my little monster..... errrrrr, I mean darling son (Bratman).

I've been doing really really well. My new attitude towards food is working well for me. I made the decision not to obsess. I don't think there's ever been a time in my life that it's not revolved around food. As a child I was taught to be a clean plater. So everything had to be cleared off to appease the food gods and the starving children in Africa. :rolleyes2: Then as a young adult on my own I could eat whatever I wanted, whenever I wanted, and even lick my knife if I so pleased without fear of my tongue being cut to shreds. So I did. And I liked it. Then as the pounds slowly but surely increased I became aware of the foods that I shouldn't be eating and obsessed over the many things I would try to deny myself. Only to go to the other extreme and gorge myself silly. Finally to the point where I had my lap band.

It's been almost 11 months for me. A tough 11 months. It's only these past few weeks that I've actually felt like my band is working for me and not the other way around, where I had to work to make sure my band did. I relaxed. Oh my stars it's a wonderful feeling. I don't walk through the market eyeing all the Cookies and pastries that I'd love to eat but know I can't. Instead I go and look at them all. Really look at them. And all I see are sugar bombs a sticky Syrup. It's not appetising to me anymore.

I was in Starbucks this week and decided I'd have a treat. I couldn't find anything in the pastry stand that appealed to me. However, I spotted a fruit/cheese pack that looked delicious and grabbed that instead. It's just so very strange and I barely recognise myself anymore. But I like what I see. Loving it, in fact. :sneaky:

2 weeks ago my weight had gone up to 175 again, partly due to Aunt Flo, partly due to my new weights exercise routine. Last week it was down to 173. Still a pound over my best, but an improvement. This week I'm hoping for another small drop. The difference now is that if there's no loss, I'm going to be okay with that.

I enjoy my morning exercise. It's ME time. I have a wonderful husband and son, but my mental state benefits from that half hour alone in the gym. I've had to find the incentive from within to get there. Seeing as how I don't have to take Bratman to the bus stop in the mornings over the summer, it all comes down to me. I took one day off this week because I was struggling with a horrible headache. I spent too many hours the day before using Bratman's DS Lite without my glasses on. That'll teach me. :tongue2: But getting there is easy. Easy because I want to go, not because I have to go. :glare:

Well that's it from me. I know I wanted to say lots more, but old lady brain has taken control of the keyboard, so whatever thoughts I had have been filed safely in my forgettory. :thumbup:

Hope you've all been drinking your Water. It's easy for me with the high temps these days. Not as high as Janet, but still pretty warm even for Texas for this time of year.

Drink! Drink! Drink!

Ruby Glad you are still with us - our numbers seem to be dwindling - Kristin, Marcy, Kathy, Sunshine, riberty, Jeanine, NewCC - the other CC, breadlady, Dini, chim just to name a few- heck jackie and linda have been mia alot lateley - Steph must not have her computer - isn't she at a lake doing math??

You sound like you are doing really good 67 lbs gone - you are doing great.. I still want food and have me hungry lately - yesterday for lunch ate a piece of bbq chicken - fast and didn't get stuck - but since I am going to vegas on friday and they say flying tightens your band I don't want to get a fill and be too tight and plus they are feeding us Breakfast on Sat & Sun - Lunch On Saturday - dinner on Saturday (some fancy restaruant inside the Wynn) and Heavy Hordover (sp) at the receiption on Saturday (must mean enough to consider it a dinner) - I can't take food on the plane - so what am I going to do for my night time muchies - I doubt the gift shop is going to have any healthy Snacks.< /span>

Good Morning Everyone,

Naaa, I'm joking, I've been up since 12:30.

DH had to change my tape last night. The PS puts this sticky brown tape on all my insisions and says change it every 2 days. Why, why, why do I have to put tape on cuts and then pull it off, why.

Nauseouse is a work, I CAN'T SPEElee

Girl you are to frickin funny:lol: I wish you were coming to MofA trip you really would have us all cracking up... I mix 1/4 of teaspoon of liquid vicoden in my 2 oz of liquid tyenlol - I don't think I am going to OD - Heck I do it about once every 2 months - and I don't drink on a daily basis.

I'll get you a QVC gift card...:tt2: Dancing you are really crazy... What's it been 2 weeks today since your surgery and shopping - heck you are back to normal :bigear:

I can understand even if you can't spell - heck I can't spell either - I finally down loaded the spell ck but half the time I forget to us it and it doesn't correct things like - I mean to type they and I type the... I don't really give a rats butt about pples spelling or grammer (again I am terrible - I use cuz all the time 3 letters instead of 7 (because) I get tired of typing - too bad we just can't have one big conference call :rolleyes2:

:tea::lol::lol::lol: Denise you're a riot. I'm glad to see you're in such good spirits. Dancing?!? :thumbup: I can't believe you're up to even thinking about that so soon.

Thanks for keeping us updated on your surgery progress. It's nice to know all the little things that you don't think about when making plans to go under the knife. I want to lose another 15 or so pounds to get in the weight range I think is good for me. I've heard and read many doctors advise within 10lbs of your target goal weight. I'm not going to get mine done during the summer. I had to wait 6 weeks before I was allowed to get in a pool or bath after my boob job, and I expect it will be similar with the TT. I wouldn't be able to handle that in the middle of summer. So I have time to lose and save for an Autumn/Winter surgery.

I'm not going to go to the same surgeon for my TT. He was a great boob doc, but I don't think his skills are up to the same standard as far as TTs go. I have a couple of other options there. I visited 4 surgeons in total when I was researching for boobs, and my other options are amongst them. So I've already met them and am comfortable with the choice I'll be making. I wanted to go to a doctor who has his own operating room at his surgery to save money on booking a hospital room. I'm mentally ready for the surgery, I just have to get my body a little closer to goal. :smile2:

Oh. The cheque's (check) in the mail.

Ruby - I know I will get my arms done (well gotta see the cost) and I could use a body lift if I really wanted to look super hot and wear a bikini like our girl Karri - but I don't like pain - so who knows..

I had a questionable mamogram. Turned out to be calcification. Thank God. My sister passed away from breast cancer and I was nervous to say the least.

Kari

Sorry about your Sis (hugs) - yes that would be super scary since your sis had it - My sis & I had the same calcification and had a biospy - so we both have the same little markers in our right boob

Karri - I am going to have to go back - I missed your post on your injury - Baby Girl - do what the doc say and rest your injuried leg - this is your BAND MOTHER TALKING AND YOU BETTER LISTEN:tt1:

I have been resting. No runs today or tomorrow. On Sunday I am going to do 3 miles and see how it feels. There is acutally zero pain today, but I have been icing it and taking it easy. So easy in fact I didn't get out of my PJ's today!

I did get an interesting email from the local university here. I am having one of their student teacher's in my classroom next year and now they want me to teach one of the their classes for them. So I will be teaching students how to teach Chemistry. I get paid 1600$ for 5 Saturdays! SWEEET!

Janet - On the strip there are A LOT of little mini stores. I think there are about 4 or 5 Walgreens on the strip itself. Plus, push comes to shove you can take a taxi to a local grocery store. If you like outlet shopping and you have some time you can go to the Las Vegas Outlet Mall near Blue Diamond. Vegas is all about image so you should be able to find some sort of healthy food.< /p>

Well I am 500 calories short on calories so I guess I had better eat up!

I have been resting. No runs today or tomorrow. On Sunday I am going to do 3 miles and see how it feels. There is acutally zero pain today, but I have been icing it and taking it easy. So easy in fact I didn't get out of my PJ's today!

I did get an interesting email from the local university here. I am having one of their student teacher's in my classroom next year and now they want me to teach one of the their classes for them. So I will be teaching students how to teach Chemistry. I get paid 1600$ for 5 Saturdays! SWEEET!

Janet - On the strip there are A LOT of little mini stores. I think there are about 4 or 5 Walgreens on the strip itself. Plus, push comes to shove you can take a taxi to a local grocery store. If you like outlet shopping and you have some time you can go to the Las Vegas Outlet Mall near Blue Diamond. Vegas is all about image so you should be able to find some sort of healthy food.< /p>

Well I am 500 calories short on calories so I guess I had better eat up!

Karri

See things have a way of working out $1600 $$$ that you weren't counting on :redface: I am so happy for you :smile:

Ok good to know about the Walgreens - My schedule is as follows

Get to Vegas 2 ish on friday - 6 p.m 2 hr receiption with heavy hordoves

Saturday Meetings from 7 a.m til 4:30 (they feed us bf & lunch) then 6 dinner at some fancy restaurnt (that's be 2 hrs) - Then Sunday 7 am to 12:45 meetings (just bf that day) and my plane leaves at 2:45 to come home

I am not going to have much time - maybe a couple hrs before reception and then after (I know 2 pple from lbt going - well don't really know them but you know what i mean - Ghost and and I are going to hook up an maybe do a little shopping) Saturday who knows how tired I will be - 7 a.m to 8 p.m. (well maybe not to tired to gamble a bit) - and then sunday no time..

I have a gf who lives in vegas - but haven't told her I am coming yet cuz I don't know when I could fit her in.

I am really happy to hear that you stayed in your p.js all day - you need that - :smile:

My schedule is as follows

Get to Vegas 2 ish on friday - 6 p.m 2 hr receiption with heavy hordoves

Saturday Meetings from 7 a.m til 4:30 (they feed us bf & lunch) then 6 dinner at some fancy restaurnt (that's be 2 hrs) - Then Sunday 7 am to 12:45 meetings (just bf that day) and my plane leaves at 2:45 to come home

I am not going to have much time - maybe a couple hrs before reception and then after (I know 2 pple from lbt going - well don't really know them but you know what i mean - Ghost and and I are going to hook up an maybe do a little shopping) Saturday who knows how tired I will be - 7 a.m to 8 p.m. (well maybe not to tired to gamble a bit) - and then sunday no time..

Since it's a band conference,

I would expect they'll have "band friendly" food. Hor D'erves... I don't know how to spell it either... probably some shrimp, veggies, maybe chicken.

Just hope it's not all fried!

We'll all be anxious to hear all about it.

We have a busy week coming up.. ten days, really.

DD & SIL flying to Cabo tomorrow morning and

we're supposed to supervise the 18 & 19 yr old!!

Lots of luck!

Make sure there are no "unauthorized" visitors!

We'll be sleeping there intermittently!!

Try to keep them off guard.

I'll miss my sleep number bed and

will not enjoy sleeping on the lumpy sofa bed!

I guess we could sleep in their bed, but...

it's so high I'd need a step ladder to get in it.

36_2_63.gif

Tomorrow we have a picnic at noontime.

Then go babysit the little grandchildren.

Then come back here and "supervise" the BIG grandchildren!

Sunday.... the usual stuff.

Monday... other SIL is having a colonoscopy,

so drive down south again and watch the little ones again!

13_4_10.gif HEY PHYL, WHAT TIME'S THE PARTY???

Yesterday, grocery shopping, DH bought some Quaker Breakfast Bites. I tried them this morning. Peanut Butter and oats. They were GOOD!! They come in packets/six bites per packet/2-3 bites per bite/140 calories per packet. These are better than their breakfast Cookies. And, I was stuffed.

7_15_11.gif

Janet - Have fun in Vegas. Don't lose your shirt. Heck, at our age, it's not a pretty sight. (LOL)

sig.jsp?pc=ZSzeb097&pp=ZSYYYYYYNWUS

Hello everyone, happy Saturday!

Sun is shining here and the temp. is nice 24C still not as warm as our usual June weather, but then with Global warming... what's USUAL???

Oh I wish I was going to Las Vegas!~!! So exciting... I havn't been there in 10 years. I am sure its changed completly since then.

My Mother (85) is scheduled for her Angiogram on Wednesday, so any Prayers for her healthy outcome are appreciated!!

My Sister is going to come with me to attend and support Mom... I think she is a wee bit scared. Poor thing, I just want her to have better quality of life and be able to breath better, and hopefully without an oxygen tank.

food wise, I've been tracking all week, and doing well... Had a couple alcoholic drinks yest. so my total was 1600, but I tracked it :smile: and I did get some walking in too.

Have a great weekend everyone!!!:redface:

13_4_10.gif

HEY PHYL, WHAT TIME'S THE PARTY???

7_15_11.gif

Janet - Have fun in Vegas. Don't lose your shirt. Heck, at our age, it's not a pretty sight. (LOL)

8_4_100.gif

I wish I knew!! Got any ideas?? I need a spy!!

Oh I wish I was going to Las Vegas!~!! So exciting... I havn't been there in 10 years. I am sure its changed completly since then.

My Mother (85) is scheduled for her Angiogram on Wednesday, so any Prayers for her healthy outcome are appreciated!!

My Sister is going to come with me to attend and support Mom... I think she is a wee bit scared. Poor thing, I just want her to have better quality of life and be able to breath better, and hopefully without an oxygen tank.

Have a great weekend everyone!!!:redface:

Let's go to Vegas NEXT year!!

7_15_4.gif

Hope all goes well with Mom on Wed.!

So what is the final count for the Mall of America group??? Does anybody know??

I've PM'd Lindaa, but I havn't heard from her in a while...