Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky # Sevens- July 07 Bandsters

I'm feeling better... just this nagging cough! Supposed to see the dr. today but may cancel... or see if I can go tomorrow with DH... his yearly physical is tomorrow.

Get the mucinex - but glad you are feeling better...

Has your weather gotten any better??

It's suppose to be 115 again today:biggrin:

I am ready for our Mall Trip - but due to all the new baggage stuff - I may just have to mail my purchase home :smile2:

Hi Everybody,

Phyl, Janet, Peaches --- Ya'll pictures look fantastic!!!!!!!!!!!

Except Phyl, who the hell was the women in your RV eating that spaghetti? Is she your aunt or something?

I get to lay around everyday in bed and do nothing, it's so freakin fun I can't get enough, I may pop from the excitment.

I still have to take a pain pill at night.( 1/2 a percocet) For some reason they start to throb with pain at night. I need to go bathe but I feel weird like maybe my blood pressure is low or dropping. I'll wait till DH gets home. I have had a weird taste in my mouth since Mon. It is very annoying. I took 1 Tbsp of Loritab before I got the knots clipped at the PS on Mon. The nurse said the taste was the pain med., but I have not taken that since then and I still can't get rid of the taste. I hope it has nothing to do with the band, it is kinda worrying me. Horrible, disgusting taste!!!!:smile2:

Hey gang. Just thought I would pop in. I am catching up on all the posts. I have 5 more pages to go.

I am very happy to tell you my scale has been moving. I am very satisfied with my fill from last month. I never feel hunger but make sure I eat. We are very active in the summer so I am always on the go even after work. Lots of fishing and swimming in our pool and outdoorsy things.

Sounds like everyone else is doing so great!!!! I am so proud of all of us. I got lab orders from the surgeon yesterday so that I will get my 1YEAR labs done in mid July before I see him for my one year. You know it felt like time was dragging and the scales weren't moving but hell it has been almost a freakin year already. I have 41 pounds to lose and I am giving myself until Christmas. I am honestly hoping it won't take that long but I have set that time for a goal. Secretly I am thinking by Oct.

The medications I am on have finally started to settle in with me. They had to change my Zoloft to liquid because I started to get indigestion and heartburn so bad. I was really worried about an ulcer so when I talked with the pharmacy they told me they could do it in liquid for and I would have to as 7.5ml to 4 oz. of liquid and take it that way. I figure to protect my band and my sanity I can do that. HAHA

About the M of A trip. I am so sad to say there is no way I can do it. With the kids trips and drivers ed and prom and life itself I just can not afford it right now. 36_1_44.gif Please everyone that is going take LOTS of pictures and post them for those of us that can't go. I will still try to fanaggle it somehow but I just don't think I can.

Well I better get. My son is yelling for me to get in the pool for my Water aerobics. Isn't it funny!! The kids keep me in check. My son loves that I am more energetic and do things (moving things) with him now. The other night we were going to go out and after I got ready DH had already gone to the car and when I went to get in he was staring at me and I said 'what do I had something on me or something?' (still self conscious) and he said 'no but you are really fricken hot looking!!! Look at you. I will have to keep an eye on other guys tonight. Blonde hair blue eyes and freakin sexy!' My gosh my confidence just soured.

sig.jsp?pc=ZSzeb096&pp=ZKxdm005YYUS

I know I haven't been around a lot. I have just been lazy. Not in the running sense, but just my brain. It doesn't want to think and my fingers don't want to type. But I did want to let you know what the doctor said yesterday.

So as if the whole world did not already know, my surgery is set for July 3 at 7:30AM. I will have to be to the surgery center at 6:30. To the dismay of many around here, this will be an outpatient surgery and is scheduled to last 6 hours. Here is what the doc said yesterday.

1. I will have 2, (possibly 3) incisions. One that runs hip to hip (about 3/4 of the way back on the hip), 1 that runs vertically from groin to breast bone, and then possibly one that is horizontal just underneath the bra line. She won't know until she sees how much puckering there will be at the top.

2. She has no idea how much muscle repair I will need. She said she wouldn't know until she gets in there.

3. She may or may not move my port. It depends on how much of a fat pad there is between my port and the muscle. If there is not a lot, she will leave it. If there is a fair amount, then she will unstitch the port, remove the fat, and resecure the port to my muscle. Lovely...port pain again! She will not be changing the location of the port and has the complete support of my lap-band surgeon.

4. She will Lipo the mons area and lift as well. This is being thrown in as a bonus. She said she is not going to charge me for the lipoing of the mons area because she didn't originally think I would need it, but now she thinks it would be better. She said it is not enough to justify recalculating the fees.

5. I will be receiving a pain pump that will last for 48 hours. She gave me the option of showing me how to remove it myself (WTH!) or to move up my post-op and come in on Monday and have her remove it. I opted for the second! I am not a biologist/doctor...that is what I pay them the big bucks for!

6. She is so excited that I am running the half-marathon before surgery because it will cause great circulation and put me in the best shape of my life. She was not concerned about the weightloss because of my muscle tone. She didn't want to see me losing a lot of weight just due to low calories and poor nutrition which can be a problem for healing. But after seeing the muscle tone in my arms and legs she is EXTREMELY confident in my ability to heal quickly.

They took a bunch of pictures and I got my prescriptions for surgery. They are all liquid as this was the only thing that my lap-band surgeon suggested. I did not want to get a pill stuck and be throwing up! So I will just gag from the flavor instead. Liquid pain meds and liquid antibiotics. Sounds like a party. I can sit in my recliner like chair with a straw and party umbrella in my medical cocktail and feel like I am sitting on the beach...with my new "bikini body"!

Hi Everybody,

Except Phyl, who the hell was the women in your RV eating that spaghetti? Is she your aunt or something?

I get to lay around everyday in bed and do nothing, it's so freakin fun I can't get enough, I may pop from the excitment.

I still have to take a pain pill at night.( 1/2 a percocet) For some reason they start to throb with pain at night. I need to go bathe but I feel weird like maybe my blood pressure is low or dropping. I'll wait till DH gets home. I have had a weird taste in my mouth since Mon. It is very annoying. I took 1 Tbsp of Loritab before I got the knots clipped at the PS on Mon. The nurse said the taste was the pain med., but I have not taken that since then and I still can't get rid of the taste. I hope it has nothing to do with the band, it is kinda worrying me. Horrible, disgusting taste!!!!:cursing:

Hey Denise: I am so glad to see you posting... I've been thinking about you alot and hoping that you were out of the woods by now. How do the new 'girls' look? Enjoy the rest of your recovery time...

Hey gang. Just thought I would pop in. I am catching up on all the posts. I have 5 more pages to go.

I am very happy to tell you my scale has been moving. I am very satisfied with my fill from last month. I never feel hunger but make sure I eat. We are very active in the summer so I am always on the go even after work. Lots of fishing and swimming in our pool and outdoorsy things.

Sounds like everyone else is doing so great!!!! I am so proud of all of us. I got lab orders from the surgeon yesterday so that I will get my 1YEAR labs done in mid July before I see him for my one year. You know it felt like time was dragging and the scales weren't moving but hell it has been almost a freakin year already. I have 41 pounds to lose and I am giving myself until Christmas. I am honestly hoping it won't take that long but I have set that time for a goal. Secretly I am thinking by Oct.

The medications I am on have finally started to settle in with me. They had to change my Zoloft to liquid because I started to get indigestion and heartburn so bad. I was really worried about an ulcer so when I talked with the pharmacy they told me they could do it in liquid for and I would have to as 7.5ml to 4 oz. of liquid and take it that way. I figure to protect my band and my sanity I can do that. HAHA

About the M of A trip. I am so sad to say there is no way I can do it. With the kids trips and drivers ed and prom and life itself I just can not afford it right now. 36_1_44.gif Please everyone that is going take LOTS of pictures and post them for those of us that can't go. I will still try to fanaggle it somehow but I just don't think I can.

Well I better get. My son is yelling for me to get in the pool for my Water aerobics. Isn't it funny!! The kids keep me in check. My son loves that I am more energetic and do things (moving things) with him now. The other night we were going to go out and after I got ready DH had already gone to the car and when I went to get in he was staring at me and I said 'what do I had something on me or something?' (still self conscious) and he said 'no but you are really fricken hot looking!!! Look at you. I will have to keep an eye on other guys tonight. Blonde hair blue eyes and freakin sexy!' My gosh my confidence just soured.

Wow, Jackie

such a nice compliment from your Hubby!!! Kiss that guy again for that~

I am disappointed that you will not be joining us for the M of A trip... it is going to be such a blast. And for sure there will be lots of photos taken... I promise.

I am glad that your Zoloft is working for you, liquid or not... its great when the meds work the way they are intended. :wink2:

I know I haven't been around a lot. I have just been lazy. Not in the running sense, but just my brain. It doesn't want to think and my fingers don't want to type. But I did want to let you know what the doctor said yesterday.

So as if the whole world did not already know, my surgery is set for July 3 at 7:30AM. I will have to be to the surgery center at 6:30. To the dismay of many around here, this will be an outpatient surgery and is scheduled to last 6 hours. Here is what the doc said yesterday.

1. I will have 2, (possibly 3) incisions. One that runs hip to hip (about 3/4 of the way back on the hip), 1 that runs vertically from groin to breast bone, and then possibly one that is horizontal just underneath the bra line. She won't know until she sees how much puckering there will be at the top.

2. She has no idea how much muscle repair I will need. She said she wouldn't know until she gets in there.

3. She may or may not move my port. It depends on how much of a fat pad there is between my port and the muscle. If there is not a lot, she will leave it. If there is a fair amount, then she will unstitch the port, remove the fat, and resecure the port to my muscle. Lovely...port pain again! She will not be changing the location of the port and has the complete support of my lap-band surgeon.

4. She will Lipo the mons area and lift as well. This is being thrown in as a bonus. She said she is not going to charge me for the lipoing of the mons area because she didn't originally think I would need it, but now she thinks it would be better. She said it is not enough to justify recalculating the fees.

5. I will be receiving a pain pump that will last for 48 hours. She gave me the option of showing me how to remove it myself (WTH!) or to move up my post-op and come in on Monday and have her remove it. I opted for the second! I am not a biologist/doctor...that is what I pay them the big bucks for!

6. She is so excited that I am running the half-marathon before surgery because it will cause great circulation and put me in the best shape of my life. She was not concerned about the weightloss because of my muscle tone. She didn't want to see me losing a lot of weight just due to low calories and poor nutrition which can be a problem for healing. But after seeing the muscle tone in my arms and legs she is EXTREMELY confident in my ability to heal quickly.

They took a bunch of pictures and I got my prescriptions for surgery. They are all liquid as this was the only thing that my lap-band surgeon suggested. I did not want to get a pill stuck and be throwing up! So I will just gag from the flavor instead. Liquid pain meds and liquid antibiotics. Sounds like a party. I can sit in my recliner like chair with a straw and party umbrella in my medical cocktail and feel like I am sitting on the beach...with my new "bikini body"!

:biggrin: Bikini body!!! well I guess so:thumbup:

You have worked so hard, and I can hardly wait to see the new you.. July 3rd will be here before you know it.:drool:

Well I got another fill today, and it is definetly tighter... she only gave me a 1/4 of a cc.... that's all I wanted, as last time it was a 1/2 cc and I didnt' want to get anything stuck.

I can always go back in 2 wks for another 1/4 cc if I think I need it ...( I am a 10 cc bander) Currently at 7.25 cc's in total.

I had lost a titch of weight since I was there last so she was pleased but I was not...

Time to get this scale into the 170'sss...

M of A is now my new goal ``` 5 wks from now I am going to be down 10 lbs by then...

Get the mucinex - but glad you are feeling better...

Has your weather gotten any better??

It's suppose to be 115 again today:biggrin:

I am ready for our Mall Trip - but due to all the new baggage stuff - I may just have to mail my purchase home :biggrin:

Saw the doc today and she gave me a "Z-Pack".... Zithromycin, because she thought my lungs sounded a little "raspy", and some Rx cough Syrup with codeine.. DH is supposed to make sure I don't stop breathing! She warned me it could suppress my respirations since I already have sleep apnea! Coughed so much I kept both of us awake last night.

Hi Everybody,

My fatter alter ego.

I still have to take a pain pill at night.( 1/2 a percocet) For some reason they start to throb with pain at night. I need to go bathe but I feel weird like maybe my blood pressure is low or dropping. I'll wait till DH gets home. I have had a weird taste in my mouth since Mon. It is very annoying. I took 1 Tbsp of Loritab before I got the knots clipped at the PS on Mon. The nurse said the taste was the pain med., but I have not taken that since then and I still can't get rid of the taste. I hope it has nothing to do with the band, it is kinda worrying me. Horrible, disgusting taste!!!!:cursing:

Relax and enjoy your recovery time.

Sorry about the disgusting taste!

Well I got another fill today, and it is definetly tighter... she only gave me a 1/4 of a cc.... that's all I wanted, as last time it was a 1/2 cc and I didnt' want to get anything stuck.

I can always go back in 2 wks for another 1/4 cc if I think I need it ...( I am a 10 cc bander) Currently at 7.25 cc's in total.

I had lost a titch of weight since I was there last so she was pleased but I was not...

Time to get this scale into the 170'sss...

M of A is now my new goal ``` 5 wks from now I am going to be down 10 lbs by then...

Glad the fill went well!

I'm really looking forward to the M of A, trip, too!!

Hi Everybody,

Denise - Glad you are returning to the land of the living and yep that taste is most likely the meds in your system and the stuff they put you to sleep with.

Go brush your tongue really good and gargle with some mouth wash..

About the M of A trip. I am so sad to say there is no way I can do it. With the kids trips and drivers ed and prom and life itself I just can not afford it right now. [/url] Please everyone that is going take LOTS of pictures and post them for those of us that can't go. I will still try to fanaggle it somehow but I just don't think I can.

Jackie - Glad you are back too - You DH is great - don't you just love those complements - they in themselves are great motivators.

Karri you are too funny - yep you are going to have that body - we are all going to be so jealous (good jealous:tongue:) Heck I would take the pain pump off - it's most likely just a IV in your arm - You just hold it down (the area where the needle is ) and pull it out - DH can do it :biggrin: How's your unfill doing?? What's your appeitite like??

Candice - you can do it - just eat healthy and exercise - it will come off... I think I could use like .02 of a fill - I seem to be hunger about 1 hr after i eat - today at lunch i had 4 oz chicken and 1 cup green Beans - and at 2 ish I was hungry..

Saw the doc today and she gave me a "Z-Pack".... Zithromycin, because she thought my lungs sounded a little "raspy", and some Rx cough Syrup with codeine.. DH is supposed to make sure I don't stop breathing! She warned me it could suppress my respirations since I already have sleep apnea! Coughed so much I kept both of us awake last night.

Glad the fill went well!

Phyl glad you go some meds - are you still on your cpap machine??

Mall of America better watch out here we come....

Karri - If you haven't been on: Makemeheal.com You need to go. You can go on the Tummy Tuck message board which will really help you with what you need to get before surgery. Bromelain, arnica montana, pineapple juice, lemons, ice packs.......

Phyl - Hope you feel better soon.

Peaches - The girls look great, I am really happy with the results. So is hubby, I gather this from looks and subtle comments cause I sure in the hell ain't never got a compliment like Jackie.

Jackie - Damn girl, I'm jealous. My man ain't no complimentor. The best I ever got was, "You're prettier than your friends." Hell that could mean my friends are ugly. Shit, he's reading this. I often wonder if my son is going to be the same.

My breast are not hurting terribly. However, in general, I feel like shit, terrible taste in my mouth, slightly nauseous, headache, feel as though my blood pressure drops when I walk around, continual irrital bowels/constipation. I think it's the percocet. I only take one at night. No more, it's Tylenol only. I have tape around my incisions that the nurse said to change every 2 days. OMG I don't wanna. noooooo nooooo Hubby takes off the tape, and I break out in a cold sweat. nooooooooooo :cursing:

Karri - If you haven't been on: Makemeheal.com You need to go. You can go on the Tummy Tuck message board which will really help you with what you need to get before surgery. Bromelain, arnica montana, pineapple juice, lemons, ice packs.......

Phyl - Hope you feel better soon.

Peaches - The girls look great, I am really happy with the results. So is hubby, I gather this from looks and subtle comments cause I sure in the hell ain't never got a compliment like Jackie.

Jackie - Damn girl, I'm jealous. My man ain't no complimentor. The best I ever got was, "You're prettier than your friends." Hell that could mean my friends are ugly. Shit, he's reading this. I often wonder if my son is going to be the same.

My breast are not hurting terribly. However, in general, I feel like shit, terrible taste in my mouth, slightly nauseous, headache, feel as though my blood pressure drops when I walk around, continual irrital bowels/constipation. I think it's the percocet. I only take one at night. No more, it's Tylenol only. I have tape around my incisions that the nurse said to change every 2 days. OMG I don't wanna. noooooo nooooo Hubby takes off the tape, and I break out in a cold sweat. nooooooooooo :cursing:

Denise

Hell the best I have gotten from GS is that I was walking fast now a days (well he said running but i was just walking) so don't feel bad.

How much did they take off each of the girls???

But I have all you guys telling me I am looking "skinny" love that word Phyl. and some freinds from work they tell me not to lose anymore - but I want the 100 lbs mark and then maybe 145 - I would love to say I have a normal bmi..

I was cking out the forum threads - OMG you guys gotta go read the powder Room Girls Gone Wild thread - well maybe you better not - they are talking about tons of super personal crap = that yes we girls do talk about but in person only.. Well maybe my age is showing.. But I would never post some of that stuff on the internet where God and everyone could read it...

Well Ladies I am off to eat and watch tv it's 8:21 and 10 will be here before you know it.

Have a good evening - sweet dreams - talk to you all tomorrow..

xooxox

Janet

How bizarre, I posted to Janet a little while ago and it's not there. WTH, must be another freakin side effect of the damn pain med.

Anyway it was about how I watch qvc all freakin day. My new love is Lemon Hill, I gotta have a Lemon Hill bag. I love them.

The unfill is going alright. I do get hungrier than I did, but that is a good thing becuse I need calories. I still can't eat a whole lot. More then when I was filled, but I seriously couldn't be training and have a fill right now. I still get tight when I am under stress. Yesterday I couldn't eat my eggs and toast because I was too tight. But even today...I am under calories AGAIN. I am just not hungry enough to eat the amount of food that I have to. This is what I have eaten today.

1 cup of Cereal and 8 oz of yogurt (220)

Tomatoes (30)

Sandwich (150)

Protein Bar (150)

2 bean burritos (140 tortillas, 200 beans)

Protein Bar (190)

Spaghetti with ground lamb (400)

4 WASA Crackers (120)

300g Strawberries (100)

5 Lite and Crispy WASA Crackers (100)

Do you see how freaking much food that is????? And I just forced myself to eat the last crackers. I feel like I have to graze all day just to get my calories in. This is only 1800 calories. Optimally I would like to get to 2000. Though the doctor did say that if I lost a few more pounds I would be okay, but that she would like to see me plateau soon. Yeah...me too!

As for the pain pump...it isn't in my arm. It is a sack that has two tubes that run on each side of the tummy and come out near the pubic area. The sac is on the outside but the tubes are under the skin. I don't want to be pulling that out myself. DH would definetly do it...he is kind of morbid like that. I get a little squeemish.

Denise I have been to make me heal, but when I asked my doc about the stuff, she didn't think I should waste my money. She said neosporin will do the trick. She said if there is a problem she has stuff that they use in the office that is part of my after care. I have scoured those boards looking for someone that looks like me. I have never found anyone...it is depressing. I have no idea what I am going to look like.

Well I ran a 5k this morning that was completely uphill. I ran what is called pilot butte. I am going to post a picture of it on my blog tomorrow. Right now I am going to get ready to go to bed. I am still trying to figure out this whole sleeping schedule. I don't want to get up until 6:30 or 7, but my body naturally wakes up at 3:30. So then I am tired and go to bed early and the whole cycle starts again. GRRRRRR

Be careful of neosporin, many many people have reactions to it. It gives me a bumpy itchy angry rash if I use it on anything. This only started a few years ago when I had a mole removed.

I've taken the Brolemain pills which are just pineapple (from GNC) and also taken arnica montana pills (from Whole Foods). I also drank some pineapple juice daily. My bruises were gone by day 6, and I had Lipo. I think the stuff worked very well, actually amazingly well. I bruise very easily and they last and last and last. When I went white Water rafting in NC, I had bruises for weeks. I looked like someone beat me with a bat.

Yes, I do use a CPAP machine. I probably need to have another sleep study to see if it needs to be adjusted because of the weight loss.

I forgot..... today when I saw my doctor, I persuaded her to cut one of my BP meds in half. My BP was 90/58!! I don't want to give up my Hyzaar because it has a diuretic in it. And she didn't want to give up the Sular because it's timed release. But it comes in several strengths, so we're cutting the dosage in half. I have to go back in a couple of months and see how that's going (and check my BP at home) and check liver enzymes and cholesterol before we go south again.