Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky # Sevens- July 07 Bandsters

You know how to work me don't you :tt2: you know that I am not going to do 6 freakin miles on Saturday:thumbdown: - as it is - I will be walking manually as I am going to visit my sister - leaving tomorrow at noon - oh ya i am going to the gym in the morning just to make sure i get my exercise in since I didn't go on Monday -

I am drinking drinking drinking :frown:

:Banane42: I love you too. :wub: It's actually a little easier for me to drink these days with the warmer weather. I'm flabbergasted that Steph is still getting snow. :biggrin:

How much have you had so far? How much more do you need to get in? Should I refill your bottle for you? :thumbup:

Anybody else need "encouragement" to drink their Water? :biggrin2:

How the breathing issues??? I think you should have 4 oz of wine every night - good for your heart and sleep...

Yeah, me wondering, too... how is the hyperventilating??

Ok. The scale is moving. I went to a different doctor on Monday. This next Monday he is doing a flouroscopy to see what is going on.

Good deal on the scale!! Mine seems to be permanently stuck! My body is trying to do a new "set point" and I don't want it there!! We'll see what Mr. Wii says tonight. Down a total of 1.5 lb last couple of times, but up about that much a few days before! UGH!! Holding my own, but so much want to see some progress.

:) I love you too. :biggrin: It's actually a little easier for me to drink these days with the warmer weather. I'm flabbergasted that Steph is still getting snow. :rolleyes2:

Warmer weather??? Where?? Everywhere but here in the NW!! OH, and in ND!

Actually, I think it went over 60 today!! Woo hoo!!

So, thought I should jump in here just because I haven't! Last night was GD graduation. Very nice, but not the pomp & circumstance of years past. Seems today's teens have let the dignity of the occasion fall by the wayside. I quickly tired of the beach balls flying through the air and the antics of the graduates as they came off stage with their diplomas!!

I.E., back flips, boys unzipping their gowns to show their bare chests, throwing monopoly money at the principal (her last graduation as she is retiring), and even an inflatable naked woman flying through the air! A faculty member quickly caught her and shoved her under his chair. Maybe the beach balls at the end would have been okay, but all this started as soon as they were all in their seats. It got quite annoying.

Am I too old to appreciate their jubilation?????

Anyway, thankfully, GD has her sanity back & has quit fighting with her Mom, our DD, and is moving back home soon.

So, Graduation night was a delight.

Today I took one of my usual cruises around the neighborhood on my handicap scooter.

But, about an hour in to it, the thing suddenly started smelling really hot and nasty and then it quit!

So I had to sit at the grocery store for about an hour waiting for DH to come and get me. He was cutting the lawn at DD's house and never heard me calling on his cell phone. DD & GD were out and about, but called me and stopped to "vist" me at the grocery store and went home to tell DH I was stranded.

So he came and picked up me & the scooter and he's been working on it for a couple of hours now.

I think the motor is burned up... like terminally ill!

I don't think he's going to be able to fix it.

I have another one... my new "LIGHT WEIGHT" scooter.

But this is my workhorse that I use around the neighborhood.

I made something new this afternoon.

I steamed about 1/3 of a head of cauliflower and a couple of cloves of garlic in one of those new ziploc bags especially designed for steaming foods. I let it cool in the refrigerator for an hour or so. Then I chopped it all up with some celery and onion, added a sprinkle of fat free raspberry vinegarette Salad Dressing, about a TBSP of Tostios Spinach Dip and about a TBSP of fat free Miracle Whip and I have......

MOCK POTATO SALAD!

I went to the doctor today and she put me on cymbalta, which is anti-depressant/anti-anxiety medication. Since I have been on anti-depressants before she explained to me that I most likely do have a chemical imbalance in the brain, that is as much a part of me as my eye color. It is just who I am. She said that I will most likely have to be on these the rest of my life. If I have gone off and on them more than 2 times then it means that I should be on them for life. The problem is this med is VERY expensive and we are not sure if my insurance will cover it. I can't take zoloft anymore cause it makes me so sick and I don't want to take effexor because the side effects are so nasty if you ever do have to go off of them. I am going to try these. She said the hyperventilating should go away in a week or 2 with the medication. Also she said for right now not to try and fight the excessive calorie counting and weighing and measuring my food. Right now, that is how the brain is telling me to function and that it is NOT a concious choice. This is what my brain thinks is correct. She wants me to try this through the summer and then if it isn't helping all of it to seek therapy. However she believes that what I am doing with the book and with DH should be fine as long as I take the medication. It is a capsule so I don't know how that is going to work if I have to get a fill. I guess I will cross that bridge when I get there.

As for the hyperventilating...right now it still sucks!

I have to grade my last few tests. Tomorrow I am done for the year!!!!

I went to the doctor today and she put me on cymbalta, which is anti-depressant/anti-anxiety medication. As for the hyperventilating...right now it still sucks!

The little glass of wine worked so well that one night.... is that an option or can you not take it with this new medication? I know you can't have alcohol with many anti-anxiety/anti-depressant meds.

Also, I used to work as a pre-cert nurse... if they refuse to pay for the Rx, it may help if your doctor will write a letter documenting your "failed trial" of Zoloft, etc. and state your case for why you need to be on this particular medication.

Good evening ladies! I hope you all had a beautiful day. No snow here today. It was still very cold but no snow was a plus. Tomorrow it's supposed to be in the 70's so I'm really looking forward to that.

Tomorrow evening starts the working 10 days. I'm so excited and looking forward to it. 10 days in the mountains, next to the lake, no cell phones, no tv. It's going to be WONDERFUL. Of course they still have internet or I think I would refuse to go. The other bonus is no one that will be there has seen me since October and as far as I know, they have no idea of my weight loss. I'm looking forward to wowwing them. Good for my ego!!!

I'm not getting in my Protein out here. I need to start supplementing with a shake. I did bring half a dozen or so but not enough to make it through. The options just aren't here. Like tonight my mom made lasagna...mostly noodles...and bread. So there was nothing to do but pick out the sauce but there was no way I could get my 4 oz of meat in without being very obvious about it. I did get in 4 oz of Jerky today while working on lesson plans so it wasn't a total failure. On the plus side I got in all my Water. Janet???? Did you or are you going to have to double your workout Saturday?

Karri, I'm glad your pcp got you started on something to help you calm some of those urges. I know it takes time to get into your system but I'm hoping for a quick help for you. I'm also keeping my fingers crossed for your insurance to cover your meds.

Ruby, good for you and going out and enjoying it. My problem isn't that this or that isn't healthy, I still worry what I'm going to be able to eat. It seems like everything is breaded, smothered in cream sauce, Gummy, or sure to get balled up once I get it down. I still wonder why salads taste so much better at a restaraunt than they do when I make them at home. I'm really loving salad anymore. I'm trying more vinagrette dressings and loving them and the different greens are really adding something. I so used to be a iceberg lettuce, ranch dressing kind of gal. I've been very adventurous lately. I'm really enjoying that.

Well. I had better get to bed. I'm a little worried about the food at the lake. They have someone come out and cook for us but you never know what it's going to be. I can't really remember much about what they served for lunches in the past but Breakfast is always biscuits and gravy, or pancakes, or waffles....something like that and dinner is usually some sort of potato based casserole. I remember them always having a lot of salad though so I may be alright. I'm going to bring my own kashi and berries for breakfasts. I just hope I don't offend the cook. I'm also stocking up on things to add to my water and I bought 2 naglene bottles for the trip. I shouldn't have too much trouble on the liquid front.

Okay...now I really am off to bed. Have a great day tomorrow ladies. I'll probably not check in until late tomorrow night.

Hey gang just a quick note before I head out the door on my way up north will be back Sunday evening - Have Monday off so if I don't talk to you on Sunday I will on Monday -

Don't miss me too much:tt2: I will be thinking of you all while I am gone and making my food choices :smile: and drinking my Water :crying:

Be good everyone - TTYL

Hugs & kisses

Janet

Hey gang just a quick note before I head out the door on my way up north will be back Sunday evening - Have Monday off so if I don't talk to you on Sunday I will on Monday - Don't miss me too much:tt2: I will be thinking of you all while I am gone and making my food choices :P and drinking my Water :crying:Be good everyone - TTYL - Hugs & kisses

Janet

I too am going out of town. Going camping. I'm FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Hope you both have a GREAT weekend!

It's been mighty quiet here today! I've been laying low... upper respiratory crap has slowed me down a little! Weight down a little though... not feeling much like eating.

Well, skipped my Wii exercise yesterday so that little trainer person will be chewing on my, but, think I will sign off & do some exercise. I LOVE those balance training games.

Hope you both have a GREAT weekend!

It's been mighty quiet here today! I've been laying low... upper respiratory crap has slowed me down a little! Weight down a little though... not feeling much like eating.

Well, skipped my Wii exercise yesterday so that little trainer person will be chewing on my, but, think I will sign off & do some exercise. I LOVE those balance training games.

You're right. It is quiet.........and I'm half way through Saturday and I'm the first post today. (EST) It's cause Janet and Karri are gone for the week-end. Maybe we should all start posting a lot and make Karri and Janet read a lot when they get back on Monday. LOL36_13_3.gif

For lunch today, I boiled up some eggs, added light Miracle Whip and a spoon of relish and made an egg salad. Served it on cocktail rye bread. 80 calories for three slices of bread. Two of them filled me up.......but it was so good.7_13_17.gifI also went to our towns small summer festival and salivated over elephant ears. So I had to get one. Half of it filled me up and i discovered they just don't taste as good as they used to. So, maybe it was a good thing to get one. Next time you won't see me drooling over them.:) And I can JUST SAY NO ! ! !

Well, as much as I want to go to MOA and meet everyone, I don't think I'm going to be able to make it. TOO expensive. Almost $400.oo to fly..........$330. for Amtrak and 14 hours. And Greyhound is only $130. but it takes over 16 hours and you get 9 in, in the wee wee hours of the morning. And then you add the cost of the motel and food (even though we don't eat much).........and whatever I purchase at the Mall, it just isn't feasable. Too much money for three days and DH has no desire to come along and do the driving. Maybe next time.

7_2_116.gif

REMEMBER TO DRINK ALL YOUR WATER.....MAKE GOOD FOOD CHOICES..............AND HAVE A GOOD WEEK-END.

Hope the weather is warming up for you Phyl. LET THE SUN SHINE ! !

16_6_1v.gif

sig.jsp?pc=ZSzeb113&pp=ZSYYYYYYNWUS

You're right. It is quiet.........and I'm half way through Saturday and I'm the first post today. (EST) It's cause Janet and Karri are gone for the week-end. Maybe we should all start posting a lot and make Karri and Janet read a lot when they get back on Monday. LOL36_13_3.gif

For lunch today, I boiled up some eggs, added light Miracle Whip and a spoon of relish and made an egg salad. Served it on cocktail rye bread. 80 calories for three slices of bread. Two of them filled me up.......but it was so good.7_13_17.gifI also went to our towns small summer festival and salivated over elephant ears. So I had to get one. Half of it filled me up and i discovered they just don't taste as good as they used to. So, maybe it was a good thing to get one. Next time you won't see me drooling over them.:smile: And I can JUST SAY NO ! ! !

Well, as much as I want to go to MOA and meet everyone, I don't think I'm going to be able to make it. TOO expensive. Almost $400.oo to fly..........$330. for Amtrak and 14 hours. And Greyhound is only $130. but it takes over 16 hours and you get 9 in, in the wee wee hours of the morning. And then you add the cost of the motel and food (even though we don't eat much).........and whatever I purchase at the Mall, it just isn't feasable. Too much money for three days and DH has no desire to come along and do the driving. Maybe next time.

7_2_116.gif

REMEMBER TO DRINK ALL YOUR WATER.....MAKE GOOD FOOD CHOICES..............AND HAVE A GOOD WEEK-END.

16_6_1v.gif

Yeah, we should keep posting... I agree... make them read a lot of pages! Punishment for leaving us alone for the whole weekend!! :frown:

Egg salad sounds really good. I had my usual tiny eggbeaters omelet for breakfast, costco Snacks for lunch and fish & broccoli for dinner. DH cooked the salmon too long AGAIN, so it's back in the fridge. Couldn't get it down. I have to have it really moist. If it's too dry I can't get it down.

We are having some sunshine today!! And I think it got all the way to 67!! Supposed to be about that for the next 4 days, too. Very nice.

So sorry you can't make it to M of A!! It will be fun.

7_18_5.gif

7_18_3.gif

We're taking the train from Everett WA to St.Paul/Minneapolis (two days). I don't know how much buying I'll do. I can never find anything I like! Then after the weekend, we go on to Buffalo (one more day), for a 10 day visit with family.

3_2_113.gif

I woke up this morning about 2:30, having to hit the bathroom, and finding I had the most God-awful taste in my mouth. Didn't take long to figure out I had PB'd (I burp a lot while laying flat) and one of my pills came up and disolved in my mouth, GROSS!! NASTY!!10_12_9.gif

HAVE A GREAT FATHER'S DAY. GIVE THE MAN OR DAD IN YOUR LIFE A BIG HUG.

sig.jsp?pc=ZSzeb112&pp=ZSYYYYYYNWUS

36_1_4.gif Hey Phyl..............I don't think anyone likes us old gals here. We're the only ones here!! WHERE IS EVERYONE?????????

sig.jsp?pc=ZSzeb114&pp=ZSYYYYYYNWUS

I'm here! Posting from my Blackberry just to see if I can.

For lunch today, I boiled up some eggs, added light Miracle Whip and a spoon of relish and made an egg salad. Served it on cocktail rye bread. 80 calories for three slices of bread. Two of them filled me up.......but it was so good.7_13_17.gifI also went to our towns small summer festival and salivated over elephant ears. So I had to get one. Half of it filled me up and i discovered they just don't taste as good as they used to. So, maybe it was a good thing to get one. Next time you won't see me drooling over them.:cursing: And I can JUST SAY NO ! ! !

7_2_116.gif

I am so dissappointed that you'll not be coming to MOA... I was looking forward to meeting you!

I have got the time blocked off at work, and I have steadied myself for the GAS prices!!! Actually the gas is a wee bit cheaper in the States than in Canada.. weird eh? when you guys buy more than half of your gas from us..???? But then I guess our government taxes us more for it...

16_6_1v.gif

Had a beautiful Father's Day here up to an hour ago, now its raining cats and dogs and thundering... I got all my gardening done today and cleaned up all my lawn furniture and swept my deck... it all looked so nice!! and now this rain!!!!

My Irises, bachelor buttons, Lillies and bleeding hearts are all in bloom. Poppies are finished.. oh my garden is so pretty...

sig.jsp?pc=ZSzeb113&pp=ZSYYYYYYNWUS

Thats about all the news here for now cbl.....:rolleyes:Candice

Candice,

WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN?? We missed you.

We had beautiful weather here today, too. After church and lunch we drove in to Seattle with our DD & SIL to the U of WA Arboretum. A little late for the Rhodies & Azaleas, but still pretty. And the sunshine was wonderful!