Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky # Sevens- July 07 Bandsters

Okay ladies....it's almost 11:30 here and I really do need to go to bed but wanted to check in quickly.

Phyl, quite an accomplishment to be able to manhandle that scooter like that. Way to go!! It had to have made you feel strong.

Janet, no flaking on exercise tomorrow. I know with a trainer you won't....but you need it for your piece of mind.

Karri, last week of school!!! I know about the last two week thing too. I was working them up until the day before finals and whine whine whine. You would have thought I wanted them to donate their left kidneys to science. But another year is almost in the books!!! And think about the amazing June and July you are going to have.

There was more I was going to say, but too tired to think about what I had missed the last couple of days.

Now...I'm at my mother's house. I'll be here for a few days and then off to teach math teachers what I don't know. But....Phyl, you're going to LOVE this....it SNOWED here all day long. It was absolutely bizarre. I know not unheard of in the mountains in June, but I was definitely not expecting it and did NOT pack for snow.

One of my neices is really on a health kick lately. Long story but she looks absolutely amazing. Always has but she is just drop dead gorgeous now. Well....she has joined the AF and leaves for basic the beginning of August. So she walked with me this afternoon (so did my other neice) and then tonight she and I did wii fit for about 30 mins. She will be here about 8am to do it again she said. She thinks she's going to get me running. FOOL!!! But, a girl has to have a goal I guess. My wii fit weight was up though. No longer under 160 but not changing because weigh in is technically not until Sunday and I'm going to have it back down by then.

food has been crappy. I snacked like a pig all the way across the state. I was so bored. I've got to figure out something for the 10 hour drive home because it won't be any better in 3 weeks and I have to have a better plan. I did have a good lunch today and dinner wasn't too bad. Could have been better I guess. I need to get back to logging my food but when I'm not at my computer like I am at home it is much more difficult. It keeps me much more in control though so I have to figure that out.

Okay....I need to make reservations for M of A trip also. DH isn't going to be coming. My MIL doesn't think she is up to watching the kids for us. Again, long story. My mom wants to come though. So I may be bringing her along. disappointed that DH isn't coming but I love traveling with my mom too so I guess it could be worse. But I will be making reservations some time this week.

Okay....now I have got to get to bed or my neice will kill me for not being ready in the morning....I wasn't this morning....another LONG story.

Night ladies. Have a great day tomorrow if I don't have a chance to check in.

Good Morning Ladies

Steph - on the food diary issue this is why I carry a little notebook in my purse - no excuses - I gotta admit I haven't been super faithful to it the last few days - infact forgot it on my desk last night - but did remember all my food yesterday - so jotted it down this morning..

Ok off to ck my desk since this is short week for me - cbl :tongue2:

Didn't go to immediate care last night. Couldn't justify spending 15$ when I am going to my PCP on Thursday. So DH got a bottle of wine and I had a very small glass and it wiped me out. I am not a big drinker anyways...actually the first time since being banded and holy crap it knocked me for a loop. However I did sleep all the way through the night for the first time in over a week. I went to bed at 5:30 PMish and didn't wake up until my alarm went off at 3:30 this morning so that I could get up and run. I didn't go running yesterday. So I am starting my double workouts today. My plan is a double workout at least 3 days a week between now and the marathon. My legs are totally ready for this run...my lungs...not so much! I am 95% confident that I can run this half-marathon without a problem...it is the 5% that worries me.

Well 1.5 days of school left! I have a few kids finishing their tests today and others working on make up work, and others helping me clean out my classroom. I guess I should get back to work!

Make the food insanity STOP. Holy crap I have been hungry all day. We are talking TRUE, HONEST TO GOODNESS hunger...not head hunger! Stomach growling hunger. Can you tell that I am hungry? I think I might actually be over calories today. No finger wagging...I have never been over calories once since I started my journey....I am entitled to at least ONE! It isn't that big of a deal because I have a double workout planned and I will be close to burning 1000 calories, but still...I haven't had hunger like this since before being banded.

Make the food insanity STOP. Holy crap I have been hungry all day. We are talking TRUE, HONEST TO GOODNESS hunger...not head hunger! Stomach growling hunger. Can you tell that I am hungry? I think I might actually be over calories today. No finger wagging...I have never been over calories once since I started my journey....I am entitled to at least ONE! It isn't that big of a deal because I have a double workout planned and I will be close to burning 1000 calories, but still...I haven't had hunger like this since before being banded.

Darling - you are to funny to even think we would wag a finger at you of all people - we are happy that you are going to be a little over with healthy foods - your exercise will counter act any extra calories.

I can't say it's the weather cuz our is so much diff - but I have been hungrier than ususal -

It's ok - I know that it's hard on you (going over your calories) but you will be OK you really will - You are still eating healthy and exercising with that combination you won't gain any weight

Hugs - no wagging fingers - and you sounded pretty positive about being over and that's good to hear - it's not throwing you in to pantic mode.

you are right...I am not panicking over this. Though I have had cravings from hell today. I think my strawberries and granola will cut it tonight, but I am really craving sweets and it is NOT TOM. I think today's hunger is because I ran at 3:30 this morning and it blasted my body into fat burning mode. I was sweating like I hadn't done in ages. I guess my metabolism is rampant. Could also be the wine from last night!!

you are right...I am not panicking over this. Though I have had cravings from hell today. I think my strawberries and granola will cut it tonight, but I am really craving sweets and it is NOT TOM. I think today's hunger is because I ran at 3:30 this morning and it blasted my body into fat burning mode. I was sweating like I hadn't done in ages. I guess my metabolism is rampant. Could also be the wine from last night!!

Could be your hang over :w00t::lol::lol: I have been craving sweets more lately - but I was looking back in my old food diaries and it looks like i go thru spurts of wanting sweets - but now they are sugar free :cool2: well 98% of the time :)

You will be proud of me. I realized that doing double workouts while I was still working was a bit obsessive! So I have decided to not do a second workout tonight. I will workout tomorrow morning as I have an end of the year party to go to after my doctor's appt tomorrow. See...I am making progress. Don't ask me about yesterday though...it was a BAAAAAADDDD day. But today was a new one. THough I am exhausted again.

You will be proud of me. I realized that doing double workouts while I was still working was a bit obsessive! So I have decided to not do a second workout tonight. I will workout tomorrow morning as I have an end of the year party to go to after my doctor's appt tomorrow. See...I am making progress. Don't ask me about yesterday though...it was a BAAAAAADDDD day. But today was a new one. THough I am exhausted again.

I am so proud of you :biggrin2: - you are making progress :thumbs_up:

How the breathing issues??? I think you should have 4 oz of wine every night - good for your heart and sleep...

Tonite we did something totally diff - we did arm workout on the ball.

I really enjoyed it - the girl I work out with is 28 and she is stronger than me in the arms but I am stronger in my legs - She is a bit of a whimp saying oh it's to heavy - were as I say it's not heavy enough.. I think I am more competitive than her - but I like her - our trainer will be gone next week so we are going to meet anyway and train together - I will be the teacher :frown: I really should have brought my ipod and stayed and did the treadmill - but i didn't - the ball really works your core - i loved it - it was a nice change. I am feeling better since I worked out :biggrin2:

Ok. The scale is moving. I went to a different doctor on Monday. This next Monday he is doing a flouroscopy to see what is going on. Can you believe our thread is nearing 700 pages. Seems appropriate since we are the Lucky 7s.

Ok. The scale is moving. I went to a different doctor on Monday. This next Monday he is doing a flouroscopy to see what is going on. Can you believe our thread is nearing 700 pages. Seems appropriate since we are the Lucky 7s.

Riberaty - Congrats on the scales moving - thats great:thumbup:

What's wrong with your band - or what do they think is wrong??

Yep 699 pages - we are the #2 thread to be view and #1 with post

We are very famous for some reason :thumbs_up:

ck out this link - it gives the top 50 threads....

http://www.lapbandtalk.com/stats.php

Wow. We must talk a lot. :thumbup:

We went to macaroni Grill for dinner last night. No special occasion, just because. I ordered Italian Wedding Soup and a garden salad. I managed to eat half of both and was more than satisfied. :biggrin:

I'm a people watcher and was looking around the restaurant. There was a group of 3 women and a man at one table. All of them were considerably overweight and all of them were eating as quickly and as much as they could; like it was a race. I sat there and thought "I would have felt right at home on that table last year." I would have looked around the restaurant and sneered at the people who were only ordering soup and salad. I looked at my food and didn't feel in the least like I was depriving myself of something I REALLY wanted to eat. My order was my choice because it's what I wanted to eat, not because I thought it's what I should eat.

Because I no longer regard food as my enemy or my weakness, it's really freed up my mind. I don't read over the menu and think "can't eat that, can't eat that, can't eat that..... there's NOTHING healthy on this damn menu!!!!" I looked over the menu and thought "What do I want?" The soup was fantastic! OMG it was good. I make a pretty decent Italian Wedding Soup but what I had last night was amazing. I'm going to have to adjust and tweak my recipe so it's as nice as that. :teeth_smile:

I had also considered sharing a dessert with either hubby or son, but after dinner was done I just didn't want anything. I really, really like this new attitude to food that I've discovered. It makes my life so much simpler and stress free. :biggrin:

I'm off to the gym for my morning treadmill fix. I no longer take my son to the bus stop for school in the morning, so it's up to me to get myself there of my own accord. So far it hasn't been a problem because I've been dealing with period cramps and exercise has been a pain reliever.

Have a wonderful day everyone!

Drink! Drink! Drink!

Congratulations Ruby !!!! I feel the same way most of the time :teeth_smile:

I ordered blacked sea bass the other night - cuz it's what I wanted (omg so good tasted sweet like lobster) - I didn't order a baked potato - cuz I knew it would be wasted. Dessert - No put for me it was about the calories - I had enough room for a bite or 2 - but didn't want the calories

I need the Water cops on me - I haven't been good - So you need to challenge me today - that way I will do it - I hate to lose (well except i LOVE LOSING WEIGHT)

I need the Water cops on me - I haven't been good - So you need to challenge me today - that way I will do it - I hate to lose (well except i LOVE LOSING WEIGHT)

*puts hands on hips*

If you don't get your water in today, you will have to do twice as many miles on the treadmill on your next workout. :biggrin:

*puts hands on hips*

If you don't get your Water in today, you will have to do twice as many miles on the treadmill on your next workout. :frown:

You know how to work me don't you :thumbup: you know that I am not going to do 6 freakin miles on Saturday:thumbdown: - as it is - I will be walking manually as I am going to visit my sister - leaving tomorrow at noon - oh ya i am going to the gym in the morning just to make sure i get my exercise in since I didn't go on Monday -

I am drinking drinking drinking :biggrin: