Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky # Sevens- July 07 Bandsters

Holey CATS!!!!! I just updated my ticker and I am 5 pounds....FIVE...count them...1...2..3...4...5!!!! pounds away from being overweight! From morbidly obese to overweight in less than 6 months!!!! Have I said I love my band lately???? Holey CATS!!!

Good weight loss, Steph. Hope the headache's better today.

Phyl--How you doing?

I'll be going in for an unfill tomorrow. Been having problems sleeping the last 3 weeks (reflux) and it seems to be getting worse. Don't want to have any issues while on vacation next week. The whole thing makes no sense to me. Why would the band get tighter? I thought it was supposed to loosen up as you lost weight? On the other hand, I've had no issues during the day and can eat pretty much everything and as much as I want. . . I don't get physically hungry, but I do have a hot, burning sensation when my stomach is empty. Arrggghhh

Linda- I have had to have less and less in the band since I lost weight. It makes not sense to me either. In fact I am completely unfilled now and I Pb'd the other day. Go figure! I guess were...LUCKY?????

Good Morning. Sunday, we all went out to dinner for Mothers dqy and DD's birthday. We ended up at Applebys. I ordered French onion Soup and a chicken frajita wrap. I knew I wouldn't be able to eat all of the wrap, but would you believe I got four meals out of it? I'm going out to lunch today with a group of women from church and I've never been to this restaurant before so I hope I can find something to eat.

Jackie - You were NOT too hard on your kids. I did have to laugh at the thought of DH not wanting to stay home and listen to them bicker. Smart man.

OOPS!! JUST LOOKED AT THE TIME. GOTTA GO JUMP IN THE SHOWER. I'M GONNA MAKE GOOD CHOICES TODAY. DO THE SAME...........AND DON'T FORGET YOUR Water.< /span>

Good Morning Gang !!!!

Linda - I'm with you and Karri - I haven't had anything added since January and I am still tight and I think I have lost like 20+ lbs since then - last night took a big gulp of Water and slimed!!! Go figure... Like Karri said I guess we are Lucky :tongue:

Karri - Unfilled and pb'd go figure - IMHO even with the band unfilled you still have restriction just from it being in place.

Steph - CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! I totally get the shopping - it's fun now..

Kari - Sounds like you are at your sweet spot - good going !!!

Phyl Where are you - I am going to have to call you.. Hope everything is OK..

Jackie - How are you doing today????

Ruby - Whats going on with you I am on my 1st water bottle...

Peaches - What's up with you girl - no more dairy queen :crying: to report:biggrin:

Well, not much to report - exercised last night - kid's ordered pizza - I didn't have any :thumbup: Fish Rice & Carrots for me :eek: - I can't believe it my whole food thoughts are diff now - my GF who I went to laughlin got some fudge - I had a silver and I mean sliver - just didn't really want it..

Well, off to see what I gotta do today... As usual will CBL :wink:

Holey CATS!!!!! I just updated my ticker and I am 5 pounds....FIVE...count them...1...2..3...4...5!!!! pounds away from being overweight! From morbidly obese to overweight in less than 6 months!!!! Have I said I love my band lately???? Holey CATS!!!

That's GREAT, Steph! Sounds like you had an enjoyable day in Minot. Wonder if that's the same mall we used to go to in the 70's!!

Phyl--How you doing?

I'll be going in for an unfill tomorrow. Been having problems sleeping the last 3 weeks (reflux) and it seems to be getting worse. Don't want to have any issues while on vacation next week. The whole thing makes no sense to me. Why would the band get tighter? I thought it was supposed to loosen up as you lost weight? On the other hand, I've had no issues during the day and can eat pretty much everything and as much as I want. . . I don't get physically hungry, but I do have a hot, burning sensation when my stomach is empty. Arrggghhh

I'm okay... kind of depressed for a couple of days... the whole Mother's Day thing, I guess. Had a nice day... church, brunch, etc with the youngest DD & family... the little ones always cheer me up. Two sons both called and one sent me a beautiful bouquet of flowers. The problem child did call to wish me a happy mother's day about 8 pm.

Stiff conversation, but she called!

Cheez, Linda, that sounds like ulcers maybe... burning when your stomach is empty? Not good.

Good Morning. Sunday, we all went out to dinner for Mothers dqy and DD's birthday. We ended up at Applebys. I ordered French onion Soup and a chicken frajita wrap. I knew I wouldn't be able to eat all of the wrap, but would you believe I got four meals out of it? I'm going out to lunch today with a group of women from church and I've never been to this restaurant before so I hope I can find something to eat.

Jackie - You were NOT too hard on your kids. I did have to laugh at the thought of DH not wanting to stay home and listen to them bicker. Smart man.

One thing that is helpful is that a lot of restaurants post their menus online now. We knew we were going to Red Robin with friends the other night, so got online and figured out what to order the day before. They had this Ensenada Chicken entree that was just two grilled chicken breasts and a side salad. Gave one of the chicken breasts to DH and the rest was about the right amount. Usually you can get calorie count, etc.

Yeah, Jackie, you did good with those kids. Teenagers can cause so much turmoil!! We have two granddaughters turning 18 this month and they both have caused their families a lot of grief these past few months!! So our oldest son was recalling some of the crap he put us through at that age. He was just SO nasty all the time. And there was his 18th birthday!! He was a senior, about to graduate at the time. I always made the kids their favorite meal on their birthdays. So we were sitting there waiting, keeping the food warm, when he came home late for his birthday dinner. Then as he was sitting down he announced that he had just enlisted in the Navy! I ran to the bedroom in tears and I heard him say, "what's the matter with her??? Doesn't she know kids grow up and leave home???" We knew he'd talked to a recruiter, but had no idea it had progressed to that point and we wanted him to go to college. He's still in the Navy after over 20 years and now he's a commander! And now I think of it as FUNNY!! But... THAT DAY??? it was horrible!

The things we go through as mothers!!

Good Morning Gang !!!!

Linda - I'm with you and Karri - I haven't had anything added since January and I am still tight and I think I have lost like 20+ lbs since then - last night took a big gulp of Water and slimed!!! Go figure... Like Karri said I guess we are Lucky :tongue:

Karri - Unfilled and pb'd go figure - IMHO even with the band unfilled you still have restriction just from it being in place.

Steph - CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! I totally get the shopping - it's fun now..

Kari - Sounds like you are at your sweet spot - good going !!!

Phyl Where are you - I am going to have to call you.. Hope everything is OK..

Jackie - How are you doing today????

Ruby - Whats going on with you I am on my 1st water bottle...

Peaches - What's up with you girl - no more dairy queen :crying: to report:biggrin:

Well, not much to report - exercised last night - kid's ordered pizza - I didn't have any :thumbup: Fish Rice & Carrots for me :eek: - I can't believe it my whole food thoughts are diff now - my GF who I went to laughlin got some fudge - I had a silver and I mean sliver - just didn't really want it..

Well, off to see what I gotta do today... As usual will CBL :wink:

Yeah, where the heck is Peaches????

Glad to hear you had a good time in Laughlin, Janet,

and that DIL is doing okay!! What a scarey thing!!

I was just having some gloomy days. I'm better today! I think I still have these hormone fluctuations!!

You'd think I'm too old for that!!

good morning ladies!!!!

Not too bad of a morning so far. My sub didn't correct any papers but that's not too surprising. I guess I should be miffed. He's going to be my replacement so he should have been able to grade papers for crying out loud!!! Oh well. Nothing I can't handle.

Woke up this morning not hungry hungry. That's a first. I ate half a serving of kashi instead of a whole. DH didn't make coffee this morning so took a bottle of Water instead. Got about half down before I got to school. ... now trying to get coffee down. A little slow going. Maybe I have real restriction this time. I just hope that I get my water in. I've been so good about that and now I might just flop.

Oh...confession time. Last night I updated my calories for the day and only had 500 in and had burned almost 200 of those with my morning workout. So....I talked dh into going to DQ. Seemed fair since I hadn't eaten anything all day. Bad bad bad!! At least I didn't pb on it though....sorry Ruby. I got a caramel/marshmallow sundae. Small. Only ate about 1/3 of it though. Go ahead. Chew, chew chew!!! I deserve all the scoldings I get. Fat me took over for awhile and I should have told her to take a hike. Just because I have calories to spend doesn't mean I have to spend them!!!! It didn't even taste that good....hence only eating 1/3 of it. Stupid me!!!! I could have drank my fusion. I could have had another cup of Protein cocoa. But no, I have to binge!!!!

Okay....running and ducking for cover! Throw all the tomatoes you want!

Glad to hear you had a good time in Laughlin, Janet,

and that DIL is doing okay!! What a scarey thing!!

I was just having some gloomy days. I'm better today! I think I still have these hormone fluctuations!!

You'd think I'm too old for that!!

Phyl - Hugs - Hugs - Hugs to you :eek: I am sorry you are blue.

What the heck is going on is it a full moon or something a few of us seem to have stuff going on.. It could also be we aren't soothing ourselves with food any longer !!! I know that I use to use food as medication for bad feelings - now we are dealing with those bad feeling.

good morning ladies!!!!

Not too bad of a morning so far. My sub didn't correct any papers but that's not too surprising. I guess I should be miffed. He's going to be my replacement so he should have been able to grade papers for crying out loud!!! Oh well. Nothing I can't handle.

Woke up this morning not hungry hungry. That's a first. I ate half a serving of kashi instead of a whole. DH didn't make coffee this morning so took a bottle of Water instead. Got about half down before I got to school. ... now trying to get coffee down. A little slow going. Maybe I have real restriction this time. I just hope that I get my water in. I've been so good about that and now I might just flop.

Oh...confession time. Last night I updated my calories for the day and only had 500 in and had burned almost 200 of those with my morning workout. So....I talked dh into going to DQ. Seemed fair since I hadn't eaten anything all day. Bad bad bad!! At least I didn't pb on it though....sorry Ruby. I got a caramel/marshmallow sundae. Small. Only ate about 1/3 of it though. Go ahead. Chew, chew chew!!! I deserve all the scoldings I get. Fat me took over for awhile and I should have told her to take a hike. Just because I have calories to spend doesn't mean I have to spend them!!!! It didn't even taste that good....hence only eating 1/3 of it. Stupid me!!!! I could have drank my fusion. I could have had another cup of Protein cocoa. But no, I have to binge!!!!

Okay....running and ducking for cover! Throw all the tomatoes you want!

Steph

Ok ya wasted calories :thumbup:- but you were within your budget :tongue: and you didn't eat it all - but wasted:thumbdown: calories - but you are aware of what you did and heck sometimes you need to do that to see that heck - What was I thinking - it didn't taste as good as it use to..

So today - eat healthy make sure you get all your nutrients and next time you "think" you want DQ - just remember this conversation and that you even admitted "it didn't taste that good"

Good morning everyone. So my hair's falling out. :sad: I've noticed over the past couple of months that more and more of my hair is coming out. My hairdresser has mentioned it's thinner the last couple of times I've gone to visit. Typically I would have hair come out in the shower and stuff anyway; maybe half a dozen or so per day, but lately it's increased to 3 times that much. :tongue: I bought some Biotin last month and started on that, but it made no difference. I doubled my Vitamin intake ( still on the flinstone chewables). No change. And then it suddenly dawned on me last night that my Protein intake has seriously diminished and is probably the biggest reason for the loss. When I got my last fill at the beginning of Feb I was totally put off my regular Protein Drinks. But I didn't change any of my other eating habits to compensate for it. :thumbup: *sigh* So now I have to get back to my protein regime. I tried to look for Protein Bars today because of my reluctance to drink the shakes, but everything was so high in calories and sugar that it really put me off. I'm going to just force myself to drink the shakes again and try to get things back on track.

For those of you that had Hair loss, how long did it last and how much did you lose? I'd say I've lost about 25% in the past couple of months. :crying:

I bought myself a 32oz water bottle today just so I can keep track of my drinking. I've been drinking out of an 8oz bottle and lose count of how many I've had during the day. :eek: So this will help me keep a closer eye on what I'm drinking. Hope you've all been working on your Water too. Don't make me get my squirt gun out. :wink:

I would love to say that is going to help your Hair loss problem, but I am going bald and I eat way over 100 grams of Protein per day. I tried the Biotin without any luck. However, my hair has been fallling out for years...it has just gotten much worse in the last months. I went back to my Nioxin because it helped in the past and I tried to use Rogaine, but I am allergic to it and it made my hair break. When I go to the doc for my annual I am going to ask her about this. Everyone touts protein, but for me that is not the problem

Okay....maybe you're right, Janet....

a full moon or something going on!

My computer just crashed!

Screen was flickering, dimming, etc for about an hour and then it just went black. I think the graphics card burned up! So now I'm using DH's Acer and I hate how the keyboard works.. you're typing and all of a sudden the letters start inserting themselves somewhere else! And the one I'm thinking of buying is an Acer similar to this one. Circuit City has a good sale this week.

I just ran a backup this morning since it was acting up, but my thousands of photos ARE NOT there. In fact, I can't find any backup on that drive from 2008 and it supposedly backs itself up once a week! I'm frustrated.

Oh, well... a good distraction I guess!

Oh, BTW, pouring rain again!

My hair has always been somewhat thin. I haven't noticed it falling out since surgery except maybe for a couple of weeks last summer. I just keep it short. Seems easier to deal with that way. I could crochet us all a "fun fur" cap in funky colors!!

Edited by phyllser

Good morning everyone. So my hair's falling out. :sad: I've noticed over the past couple of months that more and more of my hair is coming out. My hairdresser has mentioned it's thinner the last couple of times I've gone to visit. Typically I would have hair come out in the shower and stuff anyway; maybe half a dozen or so per day, but lately it's increased to 3 times that much. :unsure: I bought some Biotin last month and started on that, but it made no difference. I doubled my Vitamin intake ( still on the flinstone chewables). No change. And then it suddenly dawned on me last night that my Protein intake has seriously diminished and is probably the biggest reason for the loss. When I got my last fill at the beginning of Feb I was totally put off my regular protein drinks. But I didn't change any of my other eating habits to compensate for it. :smile2: *sigh* So now I have to get back to my protein regime. I tried to look for protein bars today because of my reluctance to drink the shakes, but everything was so high in calories and sugar that it really put me off. I'm going to just force myself to drink the shakes again and try to get things back on track.

For those of you that had Hair loss, how long did it last and how much did you lose? I'd say I've lost about 25% in the past couple of months. :crying:

I bought myself a 32oz Water bottle today just so I can keep track of my drinking. I've been drinking out of an 8oz bottle and lose count of how many I've had during the day. :tongue2: So this will help me keep a closer eye on what I'm drinking. Hope you've all been working on your water too. Don't make me get my squirt gun out. :lol:

Mine lasted about three months. I had stopped having the Protein Shake for Breakfast and that had 25grams of protein so my diet was lacking. It took me about a month to figure it out. Yeah i tried Shampoo and Vitamins but none helped. So not to my dr.s advise i still drink my am protein shake I don't drink anymore thru the day but found that if i get the protein back in my hair stays. (i don't have much more to lose so i need it). I am tight in the morning so i only eat from around noon till 6pm not enough to get my protein in. but this has helped.

beth

Steph, Well, I have a different attitude about DQ. I think what you did is healthy and here's why: Once in awhile we have to allow ourselves a little slack. We can enjoy an occasional treat without threatening our weight loss or maintenance. We don't have to be perfect about this. So what if it takes one or two days more to reach our goals? The idea is to become realistic about food, and once in awhile even skinny people enjoy a treat. You've been through a rough time, and while you don't want to get into the habit of using food to sooth yourself, once in awhile it's OK. You are still in control, you are still eating 99% healthy. You're not throwing in the towel and saying "Heck with it--I give up." You're still posting and you are being honest with us and with yourself. I say "Good for you!"

Hey Linda - I like you, You give out excellent advice. I know who I'm going to next time I have a problem.

I did really good at lunch. I ordered the Soup and salad. Ate the soup.......could only pick at the salad. I'm drinking my third Water today and going to have a boca burger for dinner. I got a big shock when I took my shower this morning. Got on the scale and I'm down another three pounds. Two away from onederland. It's been at least thirty years since I've seen those numbers on the scale.

TIME TO GET DINNER ON................MAKE GOOD CHOICES AND DON'T FORGET TO DRINK YOUR WATER. WE ALL NEED TO DO OUR PART IN FILLING OUR LANDFILLS. lol

Hi all. Completely un-lapband-related rant!!!!

I hate my replacement!!!! He's an @$$!!! How dare he come into my classroom and act like what I'm doing is not right? Who the h-e-double hockeysticks does this boy think he is? He graduated from college LAST WEEK!!!! Tell me how my classroom could run better. Tell me how he is going to change this that and the other thing because it would be much more efficient. Ask me how soon I can be out of my classroom! Tell me that kids these days need to know technology and how important it is. Quiz me over the math I know! Who the @#$% does he think he is??????

He subbed for me yesterday and didn't correct a bleaping thing. Even after I set out the answer keys and told him how to do it. Just leaves a freaking stack for me to correct. And then when I say something about hating correcting papers he tells me that I should be thankful I'm in a small school then because if I wasn't..... Uh....HE JUST GOT HIS FREAKING DEGREE LAST WEEK! HE ISN'T EVEN FLIPPING CERTIFIED YET!!!!

Okay...don't get me wrong. I am not the best teacher in the world. I have a lot to learn and daily tell myself what I can do better. But to have some snot nosed, still wet behind the ears, lives at home and his mommy cooks him dinner, wears his jeans like a16 year old hanging down to his knees, boy tell me what I'm doing wrong is just insulting! Kids these days really need to learn their place.

I want to cry. I want to shoot him. I want to pee in all the corners of my classroom so he knows it's MY territory. I want to eat a great big tub of frosting. Sugar it out of me. However, I have a bunch of grading to do and 5 semester tests to write, so I will just sit here and fume. Someone just shoot me!!!!