Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky # Sevens- July 07 Bandsters

Maybe I'm lighter in Montana than I am in North Dakota....that's it, they have more gravity!!! I really weigh 155. What do you all think?

That sounds right to me! I'd go with it!!

I have a digital scale and it runs 3-5 lb heavy!

Where is Janet????

I am about ready to try calling her!!

she's scaring me!!

Hi Gang Thanks for all the props - I haven't read all the post - I just jumped on real quick to let you know where I have been -

My DIL interupted a burglar at her house yesterday morning - they were still staying with me and she went home to get some clothes - the guy stabbed her - she is ok - in the hospital - didn't hit any major organs

All this happend around 10 a.m yesterday (well that's when I got the call)

Anyway - please say prayer for my family !!!

Since her Mom is here - (staying with me) I may just go ahead and go to Laughlin tonite (Steph Loved the baby thing :frown:) - I am just sorta numb right now..

I know that even my food Cop daughter is going to give me a pass on this one cuz of the sistuation - but I had pizza last night for dinner - cuz after all that happend I wasn't up to cooking plus I had not eaten anything all day

Well I gotta get some proposals done - and am just a little numb right now..

I will try and ck back later - if you don't hear from me - I went to Laughlin so don't worry ok...

Mango - thats for the bbq ad :lol:

Janet - OMG that's horrible, freakin terrifying. I hope she is not terribly traumatized, but I'm sure she is. OMG, that's so scary. I feel so sorry for her. God bless her

Awww shucks...:lol: I don't think I have ever been called a hero before.

Well that's just not right! You are a hero. You're my hero. Your honesty and hard work are extremely admirable. On the days when I just can't be bothered, I think of how far you've come, and what you've done to get there. You didn't get there by wishing the pounds away. I can relate to your paranoia, your OCDs, your frustrations and all those negative things that so often have had me giving up and looking for another way out of my fat body. But you also share your victories, successes and joyful moments and seeing the happiness it brings you does the same for me. You give me hope. Especially, and more importantly, when I don't have any hope left for myself. You're a hero and don't let anyone tell you any differently. :frown:

My DIL interupted a burglar at her house yesterday morning - they were still staying with me and she went home to get some clothes - the guy stabbed her - she is ok - in the hospital - didn't hit any major organs

All this happend around 10 a.m yesterday (well that's when I got the call)

Oh Janet that's just awful! :thumbup: It was bad enough that her home was being invaded, but did they really have to harm her as well? :lol: :frown: I have zero tolerance for violence. I hope she has a speedy recovery.

Janet! That's horrible. I am so sorry, and yes, I already said a prayer and will continue to do so. I am thankful there was no serious injury or worse, but none of us can imagine the psychological trauma. Oh my goodness. Thanks for letting us know, and please keep us posted.

Janet - Terrible news. Did they catch the guy? or did DIL recognise him? You've reached goal lady. Don't feel guilty about the pizza. You deserve every bite of it. But I know you only   ate one or two pieces.[/url]36_1_80.gif

Steph -  does your scale have an adjustment? Mine, you can change the dial to make up differences, but the difference is only two pounds between mine and the drs and i get on mine, nekked and am fully dressed, including shoes at the drs.

I really think I'm there. Four days since fill and I still can't eat a whole lot. I just keep wondering what took so long.

Karri - good for you.....getting qll that running in. Just don't hurt yourself doing it15_10_7.gif. Me, I'm a wuss. Forget running, but today, went shopping with DH and did a whole lot of walking.

8_4_145.gif This smiley says it best.............so, I will check in tomorrow. sleep tight.

sig.jsp?pc=ZSzeb112&pp=ZSYYYYYYNWUS

HOLY CRAP I'M SORE! My butt is killing me!!! Though I have to say...everytime I moved and it hurt, I kind of got a little smile on my face because I know that pain meant that I had accomplished something big last night. I was supposed to do a 1 hour cardio workout today, but that is just not going to happen the day after my long walk/run. So I moved it to tomorrow.

I was in meetings all day today so this is the first time I have been on since this morning.

Janet- I hope you are not reading this and are on your way to Laughlin! Love ya!

HOLY CRAP I'M SORE! My butt is killing me!!! Though I have to say...everytime I moved and it hurt, I kind of got a little smile on my face because I know that pain meant that I had accomplished something big last night. I was supposed to do a 1 hour cardio workout today, but that is just not going to happen the day after my long walk/run. So I moved it to tomorrow.

I was in meetings all day today so this is the first time I have been on since this morning.

Janet- I hope you are not reading this and are on your way to Laughlin! Love ya!

Boy! It's quiet around here!

How's the pain this morning??

You're doing great!

Boy! It's quiet around here!

How's the pain this morning??

You're doing great!

I am doing much better today! My behind is still a little sore, but that usually goes away when I workout, which I will do later this afternoon. Thnaks for the encouragement. Tomorrow I am attempting a 6mile run. That is when I will REALLY need encouragement. I am going to download a book on tape and see if that helps me zone out and focus on the book rather then on my breathing and my legs!

I lost another pound! Down to 154.5. I am happy....DH not so much. SO I am averaging 1 pound per week now. Guess I need to up my calories. I just wanted to get to a weight where when they take off this belly skin that I would be guarateed to get below 150. I think I am getting there!

Good morning everyone. I'm having a great day so far! I'm down 3lbs this week! :thumbup: I need to give credit where credit is due. Thanks to Janet and Karri for their advice. Being part of the Water Patrol has made me more responsible where my water intake is concerned. Changing the speed and incline on my regular treadmill workouts has helped. Doing weights and rowing 3 times a week is helping as well. I was wanting to wait longer between weight workouts to give my aches time to heal, but as Karri suggested, I didn't let up for more than 48 hours and I think that really did help my body adjust and get used to the work. I think I'm going to stick with this routine for the month of May and then find something else to do next month. I still want to do my daily morning treadmill, as that's become more of a benefit for my mind now than my body and the mind is where I need most of the work. But I want to find other weight and cardio extras to give my body some variety. I've been considering getting an exercise DVD. Maybe something like TaeBo or the Biggest Loser Workout. I still have plenty of time to figure something out, but it doesn't hurt to start planning early. :biggrin:

Janet, I know you are probably tied up with family, I just wanted you to know that I'm still sending good thoughts and best wishes to you and your family and I hope your DIL has a speedy recovery. Keep us posted.

Good morning everyone. I'm having a great day so far! I'm down 3lbs this week! :thumbup: I need to give credit where credit is due. Thanks to Janet and Karri for their advice. Being part of the Water Patrol has made me more responsible where my water intake is concerned. Changing the speed and incline on my regular treadmill workouts has helped. Doing weights and rowing 3 times a week is helping as well. I was wanting to wait longer between weight workouts to give my aches time to heal, but as Karri suggested, I didn't let up for more than 48 hours and I think that really did help my body adjust and get used to the work. I think I'm going to stick with this routine for the month of May and then find something else to do next month. I still want to do my daily morning treadmill, as that's become more of a benefit for my mind now than my body and the mind is where I need most of the work. But I want to find other weight and cardio extras to give my body some variety. I've been considering getting an exercise DVD. Maybe something like TaeBo or the Biggest Loser Workout. I still have plenty of time to figure something out, but it doesn't hurt to start planning early. :biggrin:

Janet, I know you are probably tied up with family, I just wanted you to know that I'm still sending good thoughts and best wishes to you and your family and I hope your DIL has a speedy recovery. Keep us posted.

The biggest loser workout video VOL 1 is fantastic. I used it a lot before I joined the gym. It has 4 different videos in 1, so you can switch them up!

Good morning ladies!!! I hope everyone is having a beautiful Saturday!

Ruby! Super job on 3 pounds. That is absolutely amazing. You should feel great! I always feel better when that scale drops. I agree. Being part of the Water patrol has kept me much more on top of my liquid intake. I don't think there has been a day since we started it that I haven't gotten at least 48 oz in. With my coffee and juice in the morning it always goes over my 64 oz minimum.

Janet! I hope you took a break and went to see your honey man last night. He could make anyone feel better with that voice of his! I hope your DIL is feeling better. How long is she staying in the hospital? You are all in my prayers.

Karri! 6 miles?? holey cats!! That is absolutely amazing. You will have my cheers. I'm glad you got new shoes. I'm sure they are helping a lot!

I went out with my mom and DH last night for a couple of coctails. Man I get tipsy easy these days. Which is a good thing because that automatically limits my calories.

I picked up this really cool book yesterday called "Eat this, not that". It has stuff from all the major chains and tells why one choice is better than the other. They may not be GREAT choices but you'ld be surprised at some of them.

I went out and did 4 mile walk this morning. It was absolutely beautiful. 1 hour and after about the 3rd I thought I could go on forever. The first mile is always the roughest. I start with a hill and that gets my heart rate up. Well, this time I did it to begin the walk and then instead of coming home I went back and tackled it a second time. It was after THAT that I felt like I could go and go and go. Pretty exciting!

Tomorrow my mom and I are going to Minot for my fill and to spend the day together. I probably won't be around much. I'll be back on later tonight. Have a great day ladies. Don't forget your water. 1 bottle down, working on my second. Drink up ladies!!!!

It is very quiet here today. Must be the nice weather outside. I am on my fourth bottle of Water today. I'm down about 4 pounds this week. Finally have restriction. (about time). I'm looking around to join a gym. I found one that's only about 15 minutes away and it is $90.00 for 90 days. Does this sound reasonable? I saw on TV last week that Bally's is $19.oo down/19.00 a month but it is more than twice as far. Every place I've checked is a whole lot more expensive. Including the Y. So, for now, I'm just pedaling.

I HOPE YOU ALL HAVE A VERY HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY. MAKE GOOD food CHOICES AND DON'T FORGET YOUR WATER.

TTYL