Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky # Sevens- July 07 Bandsters

Good Morning Ladies

Thanks Jackie - yep please keep the fingers crossed. I got some great WW oatmeal raisin cookie - but I think they are going in the trash cuz they are too good... I had 2 last night - total calories for yesterday 1027- so was OK on that front - but like Karri said - trigger food that make you want more.. Can't go there..

Steph - If you drank 5 gallons of Water fast = ya you could od - but not on 5 bottle :rolleyes:

I totally get the think you need a fill then when you eat you are tight -- last night didn't eat all my rice or veggie and 99.9 of my meat - left 2 bites. But then had my popcorn and 2 cookies...

Well I got a busy day - I need to get my butt in gear - so will CBL have a good day Ladies.

Hugs

Janet

Quiet day on the school front. It is district track meet and I'm missing all but 1 7th grader, all but 1 8th grader, 4 of 7 9th graders, 2 of 8 sophmores, all my juniors and my only senior. The down side is I'm covering for the history teacher/track coach across the hall so I'm running back and forth watching both classes. Mine are good but his try to sleep. However, I should be able to get a lot done. I cleaned out a couple drawers in my desk last period. My sub on Monday is my replacement for next year and don't want to leave too bad of an impression. Threw out a garbage can full of papers that I really didn't need to keep in the first place. Now I can get some major grading done. Next two periods are going to be super quiet. Staying tonight to pack some stuff up.

1/2 bottle of Water down.

TOM is making me cranky. Obviously a man. Woke up with a headache and ready to bite DH head off. I have the patience of a 2 year old today. I hate it when I feel like this. I need to calm myself. In the past that has always been chocolate. Any suggestions? I should have brought my Healthwise cocoa. It's sugar free plus protein...and didn't think of it this morning. I checked for cocoa down in the kitchen this morning but only full sugar. Might need to just put on some soothing music and close my door.

Phyl, I forgot to tell you how excited I was to hear that DD was talking to you again and had apologized. Sometimes us daughters are so hard to love. Especially when we are completely stressed out. We hurt those around us that we know love us unconditionally. It feels safe to snap at you because snapping at husband or child can cause disastrous effects. No excuse, but human nature. I'm glad she has seen that she hurt you.

Janet, I am so craving the last couple of days. If I had foods around that would start a binge I would be sunk. I do have a couple of granola bars in my desk drawer. I took one out yesterday afternoon. Set it on my desk. Looked at it for about 5 minutes trying to rationalize why I should eat it. It's only 100 calories. Has a little bit of Protein. The chocolate would make me feel so good. And then I thought, if it takes 5 minutes to talk myself into it, it's got to be a bad idea and put it back in the drawer. I would normally throw it away but I have a couple of kids who don't get Breakfast and some mornings come to me and see if I have anything to eat. I saved it for one of them. I knew if I ate that bit of chocolate, 100 cals or not, it would be over for me yesterday. I would be binging all night. Good job getting rid of the Cookies. There are just some trigger foods that we have got to say no to.

I'll be popping in and out all day. Too quiet not to check in with my ladies. Smile, someone's thinking about you right now!

Afternoon, ladies.

Steph - I don't know if you can OD on Water, but you might drown though.

Phyl - so glad DD is talking again. It's the pits when they don't. But, you handled it right and it drove her crazy. Sometimes I think they just do it for attention.

I just got back from my fill. I don't know if I've hit my spot yet, but I have to admit, this is the tightest I've been so far. Dr. went back and checked my records and I've been losing between 7 and ten pounds a month. Last month, I lost 7. I said I was in a rut and I guess I was. What is so strange, is, the dr. pulls out Fluid each month and then he's been adding .1. But each month, when he pulls it out, there is a whole lot more than the month before. Last month, when checked, I had about 9.4cc. This month, I had 10cc.

Back to my water. I'm now on number three. I am stuffed.

TTYL

Licorice is not my friend. I broke down and ate some after smelling it all day. Then I ate more. What is my problem you ask...I am exhausted. I got 2.5 hours of sleep last night and it is TOM. So I am going home and going to bed right after work. I can't do these long hours. So this is the last time I am checking in for the day. Have a good evening.

What a freaking long day. I got all my homework sorted and can now get down to grading. Figured out what I'm missing from each student and put notice on the board. Graded all the geometry I've been putting off. Watched 4 videos for the history teacher....I'm so glad I don't show videos in math class....how freaking boring!! Gave a test and watched my own classes too. So productive but so boring.

I've drank 1 1/2 bottles of Water and I'm working on another. I had an awful lunch...well it was good for me but not filling. We were having bbq beef sands, potato wedges, mac salad. I had 1/2 cup lettuce salad, 1/4 cup cottage cheese, about 1/2 cup grapes. It was all good. All good for me....but I'm STARVING. I think it's head hunger mostly though....I'm craving salt and chocolate. What a horrible combo of things to crave.

Well...school is finally out. I'm going to get some grading done. I'll see how long I can stand staying here.....I need to put in a bunch more time but today was soooooo hard!!!

Will check back later

Afternoon, ladies.

Steph - I don't know if you can OD on Water, but you might drown though.

Phyl - so glad DD is talking again. It's the pits when they don't. But, you handled it right and it drove her crazy. Sometimes I think they just do it for attention.

I just got back from my fill. I don't know if I've hit my spot yet, but I have to admit, this is the tightest I've been so far. Dr. went back and checked my records and I've been losing between 7 and ten pounds a month. Last month, I lost 7. I said I was in a rut and I guess I was. What is so strange, is, the dr. pulls out Fluid each month and then he's been adding .1. But each month, when he pulls it out, there is a whole lot more than the month before. Last month, when checked, I had about 9.4cc. This month, I had 10cc.

Back to my water. I'm now on number three. I am stuffed.

TTYL

You have the same sized band as I do 10cc.'s but my fill nurse said that they'll actually hold 11 or 12 cc's... weird huh? My band is a French Mid-Band.

I go for another fill tomorrow, I probably wont' need much as I got 1/2 cc (0.5) last time... we'll see how it goes.

ALL THE OTHER GALS - Sorry I've been missing in action :lol:

I've been busy yest. and today at work... I got some new px and my schedule is filling up agian YEAH!!!

Phyl, I am glad your DD has come around - she should appreciate having such a FANTASTIC Mom like YOU :lol:

Hey Gang

I have a full house - Son & family here - They don't have any hot Water so I guess they are spending the night?? They haven't driven my crazy yet - but it's only 6:30 :) I made them carneasda & hamburger patties - spanish rice - bean - I am having 4 oz hb & cauliflower and rice.

Water 2 bottle - exercised for 26 minutes - 1.5 miles - my Ipod was dead and the kids where at the house - I can't walk just listening to the t.v. too boring..

Karri - you better get some rest - you are going to get sick... and you are just like me tired = eating.

Kari - you are doing excellent on your weight

Candice - I could maybe use .02 but don't know if i will.

Steph - How come you don't pack your own lunch? ? I think we have asked before but I forgot:crying:

Ok will ck back later.. almost done with my 3 water :)

Okay so I actually am checking in again. I came home and went straight to bed. But I didn't sleep more than 2 hours. I dreamed about running, so I got up and went for a run. I haven't eaten dinner and I don't know if I am going to. I figured out that I ate 200 calories worth of licorice so I still have 250 calories to spend for the evening but I am just not hungry now. However I will probably force myself to eat something. Otherwise I will go from 1pm to 4:30am without eating anything and that is not healthy. So the after effects of the licorice are awful. That much pure sugar burned my tongue. I am not kidding you. My tongue almost feels raw! Then there is the fact that it gave me (TMI WARNING) ...the runs. Well that ought to teach me. Now DH feels like he needs to watch me. I told him that I was fine. It was stupid and next time I will have a plan. I started craving this stuff when I was putting the baggies together last night and I should have just eliminated my afternoon snack and planned to have the licorice. See even us OCD types can have slip ups!

Well I need to take a shower. I stink after my 4 mile run!!!!! No records set tonight though. I don't run very fast during training but at least I ran the entire way. No stopping. I felt much better about my day now that I went. For the first time in my life I LOVE SWEATING!

Janet - sounds like a bunch of wusses at your house. No hot Water? ? Haven't they heard of cold showers? LOL

Karri - I hate to say this, but I sure am glad you pigged out on licorice. It sure is good to know that I'm not the only one who likes (and eats) candy. And I still have quite a ways to goal.

Okay, I mentioned earlier that I had a fill this morning. Tell me, Is this restriction? For lunch, I was stuffed after a half of an Arby's flat bread melt. Then I kept burping. Water feels like it is sitting in my throat. and I keep burping. Couldn't drink water for at least an hour after dinner (boca patty and califlower) when 4_8_4v.gif usually I can guzzle a bottle down after half an hour. I have gotten four bottles down and the way I feel now, this is it for the day. I'm treading water now. BUT I'M NOT HUNGRY ! ! ! Nothing has gotten stuck though..not in any pain. Is this the sweet spot??

SLEEP TIGHT EVERYONE AND I WILL TALK TO YOU TOMORROW. HAVE ANOTHER BOTTLE OF WATER IF YOU NEED ONE. SWEET DREAMS.

sig.jsp?pc=ZSzeb114&pp=ZSYYYYYYNWUS

Hey gang. I am checking in between the lighting bolts tonight. :) We are having bad weather this evening so I won't be on long.

Well I ran today just as the PA suggested. I ran for intervals of 1/4 a mile to start with and then I would walk for 4 mintues and then run it again. Then I thought I would try running for a 1/2 mile. 18_3_110.gif This was so hard so Karri I have to tell you how much I envy you. You are one AMAZING women. 23_11_37.gif The running was no easy task. I was frustrated when I first started but I know it will get easier with time. I have to tell you all that as you all know I have been on this plateau for quite some time so I figured I need to start mixing it up to get things moving again. I set my Body Bugg to track everything for the time that I was out running/walking and exercising so that I could see how many calories I burned during the workout, how many steps and how many calories per minute. I was buring 10.4 calories per minute while exercising today. I was pretty dang proud of myself. When I would walk I would pay attention to my calories per minute because when they would decrease per minute I would run again even if it was not time yet. I made sure that I was burning at that speed the majority of the time today. Excellent workout!! Now I have a new goal each day to meet while exercising. I will burn at a minimum of 750 calories while exercising.

Crap the weather is starting again so I gotta run. I will have to reply to the rest of you tomorrow because I am really tired and the weather is not cooperating with my computer time so I will not be back tonight. Good nite all.

sig.jsp?pc=ZSzeb113&pp=ZKxdm005YYUS

QUESTION - I finally figured the smileys, now, How do you get them to go where you want them?? My sweet dreaming smiley didn't go where I wanted it to.

QUESTION - I finally figured the smileys, now, How do you get them to go where you want them?? My sweet dreaming smiley didn't go where I wanted it to.

Well, when you are in the message square, you should be able to click on the smiley central button on your toolbar and the little box will pop up. Do a search on whatever you are looking for. When you find one you want, just clicking on it should drop it in to the box you have open. However, I've found that they can be stubborn little critters and sometimes it won't work!

15_6_25.gif

He is one of my favorites!

Okay, I mentioned earlier that I had a fill this morning. Tell me, Is this restriction? For lunch, I was stuffed after a half of an Arby's flat bread melt. Then I kept burping. Water feels like it is sitting in my throat. and I keep burping.

Do you not have to stay on liquids for a couple of days? A lot of us do, but not all doctors have the same advice. I can actually feel swelling in my port area where the needle has gone in and there's bruising and tenderness there. I stay on the liquids to allow any swelling in the area to settle.

On my last fill, I was also burping a LOT. I had the water sitting in my throat/chest feeling as well. I switched to drinking hot liquids and that feeling improved.

The burping drove me insane. It was actually a sign to me that I was too tight. But I ignored it for 3-4 weeks because I was losing weight fairly quickly. But I was miserable the whole time. :)

My suggestion would be to stick with liquids as much as possible tomorrow. Try them at different temperatures to see how your body reacts. As I mentioned, mine prefers hot liquids, but I've read many posters say the opposite and can only tolerate the cold.

Karri - I hate to say this, but I sure am glad you pigged out on licorice. It sure is good to know that I'm not the only one who likes (and eats) candy. And I still have quite a ways to goal.

Okay, I mentioned earlier that I had a fill this morning. Tell me, Is this restriction? For lunch, I was stuffed after a half of an Arby's flat bread melt. Then I kept burping. Water feels like it is sitting in my throat. and I keep burping. Couldn't drink water for at least an hour after dinner (boca patty and califlower) when 4_8_4v.gif usually I can guzzle a bottle down after half an hour. I have gotten four bottles down and the way I feel now, this is it for the day. I'm treading water now. BUT I'M NOT HUNGRY ! ! ! Nothing has gotten stuck though..not in any pain. Is this the sweet spot??

SLEEP TIGHT EVERYONE AND I WILL TALK TO YOU TOMORROW. HAVE ANOTHER BOTTLE OF WATER IF YOU NEED ONE. SWEET DREAMS.

Well it certainly was not my intent to justify my indulgence or anyone elses indulgence in candy. IMHO it is only something that should be consumed when you plan for it. That is not what I did today and I am not proud of it. But I confessed my sins and I made sure that I got my workout in NO MATTER how tired I was. I actually feel AWFUL (physically) from eating the candy. My tongue is raw and my stomach is in knots. So my advice is that when you eat that candy (and hopefully it is not often) that you have planned for it in your day. '

As for the fill, I was always required to be on liquids for 2 days following a fill. I know that not all doctors require this, but I am always so swollen. As obvious from the problems that I have had with the last several fills, I don't tolerate them well. My stomach swells very easily and if I don't stay on liquids or at most thin mushies I am in a world of hurt.

Alrighty everyone...I am off to bed. Another early morning tomorrow. I will not be on as I am attending a conference on how to motivate struggling learners.

Oh and by the way....Congrats Steph...I totally forgot to put that in my post earlier!