Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky # Sevens- July 07 Bandsters

I forgot to post my NSV yesterday. Anyway, when I was hospitalized four years ago, they removed my wedding rings and by the time I was released, my ring indentation had filled in and I couldn't get my rings on. They would slide over the knuckles but then go no further. Then, I put on the weight after quitting smoking. I tried them on yesterday. Slid right on, right where they are sposed to be. They even turn. Man, they feel weird. Got to get used to them.

GREAT NSV!!! Congratulations!!

DH has too much time on his hands. Decided he needed a haircut and was too cheap to pay the price for a haircut. He gave himself a buzz cut...........Looks like a cone-head now. I told him I was too embarrassed to go anywhere with him till it grew out. Got to find something for that man to do. Hm-m-m-m maybe I can get him a one way ticket on a slow boat to China. Nah, he'd still have too much time on his hands.

That's TOO funny!! My DH cuts his own hair, too! I cut it for probably 35 years. Then, all of a sudden, he decides since he's wearing a buzz now, he can do it himself. He always misses some hair right on the top of the crown of his head, and the back always is dreadful!! He refuses to let me fix it and it's a major frustration!! So, I can relate!!

3_2_21v.gif

He has no hobbies either. I'm trying to get him to buy a remote controlled airplane. When he first retired, he started flying lessons. He got his private pilots license one year later. So for a couple of years, that was a great hobby! Then, when we moved from OK to WA he decided it was too expensive to fly here. The first winter we were in CA, he was going to Civil Air Patrol meetings and doing some flying with them, but then he decided that was too expensive too! They get this fixation about spending money after they retire. I don't understand.. we put away money for years... for our retirement... and then they don't want to spend it on stuff like that! In fact, DH doesn't want to spend it at all!!

I guess the kids will spend it after we're gone!

12_1_102.gif

3_2_4v.gif

Phyll -, where do you get those darling little smilies?? I need to find a floating one.

Download the software from "Smiley Central".

Then it should put an icon on your toolbar.

7_3_204.gif

Floating??? In HOT water!

Hey Gang back from the dentist - it wasn't as bad as I expected - I had gas of course - but I thought he was just re-filling 1 tooth and putting my new crown on - well he re-filled 3 teeth and put the new crown on.

My molars are very hard to deaden - but he gave me tons of shots and i thought he was going to bring out the big daddy drill - but no - I was out of there by 3:30 and my appointment was at 2:30 - My jaw is still a little numb - but other than that I'm cool.. I guess I am so use to waiting until I have a problem - that it's so bad that I need a root canal & crown - or just a crown so there is alot of big daddy grinding - Now I have either crowns &/or white fillings in all my teeth no more silver fillings.

Karri - I wanted pizza - I ate my 1 1/2 piece and was fine - just like you and your little candies - I agree sometime our bodies want stuff. You did it you are done and you move forward - Just like you told me with the pizza - heck every couple of months we are allowed treats.

For me next weekend will be a challenge since I am going to have grown up fun - eating out that much not having my healthy Snacks - oh wait i can pop my popcorn and put it in a baggie and take it with me - I'm not flying - When I am in Vegas is going to be the problem - you can't take food on the plane unless you have a doc note - so I go to the doc on 5/28 so I thought I would get a note so I can take my Protein Bars at least - but I am a popcorn girl when I gotta feed the head hunger and I don't want to going to the gift shop and buying chips and candy - so for me this traveling is going to be another learning experience.

Kari - smiles 36_1_39.gif see if after I post it shows a link at the bottom of my post - if not I will send you an email - and you can down load them.

I think you are a fish with all that Water - and I have only had 2 1/2 bottles for the day - with a numb face it's hard to drink - Hey like that excuse pretty believable :thumbup::thumbup: half true - the numbness is almost gone so I better go get a bottle and start drinking.

Steph - I thought I posted that you should do what works for you but I don't see it - is it on another page - I swear I did it..

Phyl - Retirement - this is why I wish we had sold a ranch before this slump in the real estate market - I am afraid I am going to die before I get to super enjoy the $$ my dad left me - the $$ I have makes my life very comfortable - but am afraid it will run out once I retire - I want to enjoy it - i don't want my kids to get it all while I had to work so hard since I was 19..

OK Karri - doctor report - we are waiting... :wub:

sig.jsp?pc=ZSzeb114&pp=ZKxdm005YYUS

Kari - I sent you an email - it's Smiley Central where we get the diff smileys

The site is slow.....

Back from the doctor and dinner. He is pretty certain that I just have some tendonitis in my foot. The foot is not swollen at all and I can stand on it with little pain now, he doesn't think that it is a stress fracture. He told me I did the right thing by taking the week off but said to go ahead and try the run on Sunday. He said if it starts hurting to pull up and walk the rest of the way and then come back in for x-rays. He didn't want to do x-rays because when he was pushing and proding on the foot it wasn't causing me extreme pain. A couple of days ago it was, but not now. He figures it is just inflammation. He encouraged me to go get special shoes, because even though these shoes are good shoes that because of the way I walk on my feet that I need specific shoes to prevent my foot from working too hard. Since we are going to Eugene this weekend we are going to check out one of the stores there that specializes in running shoes.

Well I am exhausted, so I am heading off to bed.

Night all!

Karri - I am so happy you are getting it ck'd out - as soon as you get home you let us know ok..

Linda - We had a little EQ a week or so that was a 3.2 about 9 miles from me - I felt that one - Last night around 9 I hear we had one 15 miles from Anza (which is up in the mountains - most likely 60 miles from us) it was a 4.2 - I didn't feel that one. I usually don't feel anything under a 4 but the little one a week ago was only 9 mile east of my house felt a little jolt stop another jolt - very very mild. I know that alot of people are really scared of EQ's but since I have grown up with them - they don't bother me - the worse one in my life was 6/27 (right after my Dad died) I was still staying in his house and woke up right before it hit - at 5 a.m. they original had it at a 7 something but I think got down graded to a 6.5

That was a band one - my dad's house was like 4000 sq ft and It was just me and his dog. and we had a lot of after shocks - but it gave us something to talk about - When we had the Northridge quake - It woke me up at around 4 a.m I though oh just another EQ no biggie then when I woke up that morning and saw the News and how bad LA was hit - I was shocked.

I will take EQ's over tornado's any day ... EQ only happen every so often but tornado's happen every yr and more than once a yr..

I hate that you aren't getting your PS - but the selfish me is happy that you are going to make the MofA trip.:wub:.. And Yes I totally understand the taking the pressure off - I think we all sometimes put too much pressure on ourselves - I know that I do....

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Well today is a very good day ladies - Down 2.5 lbs this week - only 1.5 to goal !!!! You would think I would be more happier than I am - Do you all wanta here something sort of sick - and I have to share with you my family (cuz some of you may have these sick thoughts too) Ready for this DUMB thinking - I haven't lost the weight cuz of the work and changes in my eating & exercises - that I have cancer and just don't know it... I Know really sick - but I think of that movie with Mary Tyler Moore and someone comments on her weight loss and she says "ya it took cancer for me to get thin"

Ok so you all now know that I am a little warped - I hope I haven't totally ruined your impression of me with my sick thoughts - but since you are truly me family and understand this whole journey and what/how a fat chick thinks - I just had to share - You guys are the only ones who really understand how fat chick's think - Ya I may be close to goal - but I will always have a fat chick mentally i think...

Ok enough of my morbidness - I am on my 1st bottle of Water - last night calories were only 700 cuz I only ate 1/2 of a pudding for my midnite raid - and I was proud of myself for stopping at half cuz all I really needed was 1 tiny spoon full - but I knew if I tired to eat the whole thing it wasn't going to stay down.

CBL :thumbup:

You are not warped. Everyone has 'darker' thoughts like that from time to time.

Just so you don't think you are the only one.....

I had a great ck up today with my gynocologist. Everything 'below' is A.o.k. and also I lost another lb. he reached for my abdomen to press around and he hits my PORT. :thumbup: You shoulda seen the look on his face!

He says "what's that"?? SO I told him about my Lapband. He didn't have a clue what it was. So I told him that I've been losing weight and he checks my chart, wow you used to weight 240 now your 187!!! That's fantastic... I don't know what you're doing, but keep it up as it wll definetly help Your Bladder repair Job ( he's done 2 on me in the last 10 yrs) and I said , "yeah, and it'll be better on my knees and back too".

So when I left, I felt on top of the world. But hungry. My appt. was for 1pm and it was now 2:30...so what do I do???

Oh yeah, get ready... something really stupid!!! I drove straight to the Dairy Queen and ordered a Choc fudge brownie sundae in a choc waffle cone. It was HUGE!! and cost me $5

So I pull over to eat it... slowly mind you ... and Im gonna take 'tiny' bites o.k.

I have one or two mouthfulls, and already I know (my band) its not going to work. I want it really bad.... just then (and know I know God is watching me) my BF husband pulls into the drive thru... and he SEES me there... trying to non-challantly eat my jynormous dessert.

I start to PB... so I am totally busted and I hand over my sundae to my BF 's husband to agrees to eat it for me...:thumbup:

O.k. are you all finished laughing at my SIC, SIC behaviour????:confused2:

Thanks Linda - I really don't feel like I am being ganged up on - heck now a days us smoker are use to abuse :thumbup: heck they are trying to pass laws where you can't some in your own apt - or outside - heck you can't smoke in your car with a kid under 18 - Big Brother :wub:

Like Steph says I know the dangers and this too shall be another hurtle to overcome

And I agree - enjoy my victory over food for right now - one battle at a time :thumbup:

Love my girl (hugs to you all)

Chime in here. I help smokers quit all day long with Laser Acupuncture Therapy. It really works and there perhaps is a clinic near you?

If there is anything I can do to help you make your decision, just ask..

We all Love you UNconditionally :thumbup:

Kari - I sent you an email - it's Smiley Central where we get the diff smileys. The site is slow.....

Okay, now the Smiley's won't work!! Grrrr!!

Chime in here. I help smokers quit all day long with Laser Acupuncture Therapy. It really works and there perhaps is a clinic near you?

If there is anything I can do to help you make your decision, just ask..

We all Love you UNconditionally :thumbup:

Can't you bring those needles to the M of A????

:wub::biggrin::thumbup:

So when I left, I felt on top of the world. But hungry. My appt. was for 1pm and it was now 2:30...so what do I do???

Oh yeah, get ready... something really stupid!!! I drove straight to the Dairy Queen and ordered a Choc fudge brownie sundae in a choc waffle cone. It was HUGE!! and cost me $5

So I pull over to eat it... slowly mind you ... and Im gonna take 'tiny' bites o.k.

I have one or two mouthfulls, and already I know (my band) its not going to work. I want it really bad.... just then (and know I know God is watching me) my BF husband pulls into the drive thru... and he SEES me there... trying to non-challantly eat my jynormous dessert.

I start to PB... so I am totally busted and I hand over my sundae to my BF 's husband to agrees to eat it for me...:thumbup: O.k. are you all finished laughing at my SIC, SIC behaviour????:confused2:

BUSTED!!!

Back from the doctor and dinner. He is pretty certain that I just have some tendonitis in my foot. The foot is not swollen at all and I can stand on it with little pain now, he doesn't think that it is a stress fracture. He told me I did the right thing by taking the week off but said to go ahead and try the run on Sunday. He said if it starts hurting to pull up and walk the rest of the way and then come back in for x-rays. He didn't want to do x-rays because when he was pushing and proding on the foot it wasn't causing me extreme pain. A couple of days ago it was, but not now. He figures it is just inflammation. He encouraged me to go get special shoes, because even though these shoes are good shoes that because of the way I walk on my feet that I need specific shoes to prevent my foot from working too hard. Since we are going to Eugene this weekend we are going to check out one of the stores there that specializes in running shoes.

That is REALLY GOOD NEWS on both fronts...

tendonitis is somewhat better than a stress fracture!!

And I'm glad you are going to get better shoes.

That's really important with all the running you're doing.

Good evening everyone. Thought I would check in while I take in our tivo'd House. I walked with dh tonight and then when he pooped out I walked on my own. I made it 50 minutes. I want to clock it but I'm sure it was more than 3 miles.

I'm really low on cals because I was stuck most of the afternoon. I ate some rice and though it hasn't been a problem before. Today it was miserable. I had a swallow of pineapple juice and it was almost instantly better. I'm still a bit swollen. I had the kashi that gets really soft in milk and a cut up banana (it was soooo good!) for dinner and am working on more fluids.

Karri, I'm glad you saw a doctor. it sounds so much less horrible than it did a couple days ago. It is so hard to know what to do.

Phyll, your dd needs to take a pill. She needs to know how she is tearing you up inside. I'm so sorry you had to go through that. Especially on her birthday. I hope you got to have something wonderful happen today in spite of the pain. You are a wonderful mother and a great grandmother. You care and you love them all. How can someone be angry about that? If she was thinking clearly she would see that you are a blessing.

There is more I want to say but can't keep a coherent thought right now so I'll let it go. Every day I think the same thing. Things I want to say to you all but I can't remember it by this time. It drives me crazy. I hope you know that most of the time there is so much going on here that I can't keep it all straight. I love you all and I think that I let you all down wrapped up in my own world. I honestly think about everything that you say and have things to say back, but just don't have the attention span to hold onto it. Damned ADHD!

Okay...it's bedtime. Have a great day tomorrow all!

Phyll, your dd needs to take a pill. She needs to know how she is tearing you up inside. I'm so sorry you had to go through that. Especially on her birthday. I hope you got to have something wonderful happen today in spite of the pain. You are a wonderful mother and a great grandmother. You care and you love them all. How can someone be angry about that? If she was thinking clearly she would see that you are a blessing.

There is more I want to say but can't keep a coherent thought right now so I'll let it go. Every day I think the same thing. Things I want to say to you all but I can't remember it by this time. It drives me crazy. I hope you know that most of the time there is so much going on here that I can't keep it all straight. I love you all and I think that I let you all down wrapped up in my own world. I honestly think about everything that you say and have things to say back, but just don't have the attention span to hold onto it. Damned ADHD!

You are so sweet! I really appreciate your kind words. My Band Family has helped me through this day and I thank all of you for your caring expressions of encouragement.

Steph, you are a blessing to all of us. We know how busy your household is!! Been there, done that!! We appreciate all of your contributions to this site!

I am starting a new month of logging my exercise. Today I discovered that the Wii keeps track of your daily activity. Not a running count, I don't think, but today I was on there twice. When I logged in the second time, I saw I had two messages on the bulletin board. So when I checked them, one gave me my "Wii Fitness Age" from today (sadly went from 29 up to 71), and told me I'd done 27 minutes of exercise so far today. So I spent some more time doing some training exercises... boxing (dodging tennis balls and punching the bag until it fell), bowling (power bowling and one game), golf.. (target practice, putting, swing strength).. Before I logged off I checked again and had a total of 52 minutes for the day. I'm going to count that as one session. Almost an hour. Tomorrow I'll try to make sure it's a whole hour.

Phyl; I am sending you big (((hugs))) I agree with Linda, you are a Gramma role model.. So don't let your DD grind you down. Your hubby was so sweet to go and do the lawn regardless of her attitude. That is real grace and maturity.

Karri, I hope your foot is feeling better today and that you didn't mind us all TELLING you to go to the doctor. We Care.

Janet; Don't worry about us tying you up at M of A and turning you into a Non-smoker.... My Laser Acupuncture uses a machine and computer so I doubt I'd get across the border with it LOL.

Linda; Getting your insurance turned down is a real bummer. How much is that surgery in Mexico? If I ever decide to get a TT I would have to go there to be able to afford it I am sure.

Stephanie; Hang in there, you work so hard... how many days left of teaching????

:thumbup: Everyone else, have a great day! :wub:

Nah I don't mind you all getting on me about the doctor. I am just not a big fan of plopping down money on a doctor if I am not 100% certain that I need to see one. We have really good insurance...if you want to pay the high premiums, but I opted to go for the high deductible, zero monthly dollar premium plan because I RARELY get sick. We are getting new insurance next school year and it is supposed to be better.

Today I will be dropping a bit of money on the shoes though. That was the one thing the doctor emphasized. Since I have a high arch support and run on the side of my feet I need "special" shoes. Hopefully being marathon weekend in Eugene they will have a good sale!!

I suppose sitting here staring at the computer is NOT going to get the grading done that is sitting here staring at ME!

I should be on a lot today as there are no students. However I am leaving around noon and will not be back until Sunday evening. Just don't want people worrying about me.

AND PEACHES ----- STAY AWAY FROM DAIRY QUEEN!!!

Good mornng, good morning, good morning. The sun is shining this morning and the weather is warming up again. I'm down one bottle of Water so far, and pedaled 75 mins. If the weather holds (we're in Michigan) I'm gonna try walking again.

Phyl - Maybe I can talk DH into coming to MofA. Your DH sounds just like mine. they should get along like two peas in a pod. Don't feel too bad about upsetting DD. What is important is that you are there for GD. That's something she won't forget and besides, that's our job as Grammas.

Karri - I am so glad that it isnt serious with your foot. There's nothing worse than being discouraged from doing something you enjoy.

Peaches - Good going with the DQ. Hope you got it out of your system. You can get away with it once in a while. As for not being able to eat it......that's what is known as a God Smack. Thumb your nose, and he'll always get you, one way or another. Hey, if you drive to MofA and go thru the UP, you can leave your machine at the border and we can drag Janet across the border.

Janet - LOL I'm just kidding. Yeah, I don't smoke........anymore, that is....and still enjoy all that second hand smoke. If it still tastes good, I say go for it. Wish I could still smoke, I really enjoyed it (most of the time). If I go to MofA, I'll make sure I enjoy some of that second hand smoke.

HAVE A GOOD DAY LADIES, DRINK YOUR WATER...........GOT TO GO AND SEE IF I CAN DOWNLOAD SMILEYS. THANKS EVERYONE.

Nah I don't mind you all getting on me about the doctor. I am just not a big fan of plopping down money on a doctor if I am not 100% certain that I need to see one. We have really good insurance...if you want to pay the high premiums, but I opted to go for the high deductible, zero monthly dollar premium plan because I RARELY get sick. We are getting new insurance next school year and it is supposed to be better.

Today I will be dropping a bit of money on the shoes though. That was the one thing the doctor emphasized. Since I have a high arch support and run on the side of my feet I need "special" shoes. Hopefully being marathon weekend in Eugene they will have a good sale!!

I suppose sitting here staring at the computer is NOT going to get the grading done that is sitting here staring at ME!

I should be on a lot today as there are no students. However I am leaving around noon and will not be back until Sunday evening. Just don't want people worrying about me.

AND PEACHES ----- STAY AWAY FROM DAIRY QUEEN!!!

You are so right!!! I DO NEED to stay out of the Demon Drivethru's...argh!! Its just like wow, you have some willpower and wham there's another one right down the GD street. Its a conspiracy to keep Americans/Canadians all fat!!!!:thumbup: So Salsa, how much do you have to pay for each Dr. visit? Just curious

Good mornng, good morning, good morning. The sun is shining this morning and the weather is warming up again. I'm down one bottle of Water so far, and pedaled 75 mins. If the weather holds (we're in Michigan) I'm gonna try walking again.

Phyl - Maybe I can talk DH into coming to MofA. Your DH sounds just like mine. they should get along like two peas in a pod. Don't feel too bad about upsetting DD. What is important is that you are there for GD. That's something she won't forget and besides, that's our job as Grammas.

Oh it would be awesome to have another member join us! And the hubby's having company so that WE don't bore them to death with our shopping LOL

Karri - I am so glad that it isnt serious with your foot. There's nothing worse than being discouraged from doing something you enjoy.

Peaches - Good going with the DQ. Hope you got it out of your system. You can get away with it once in a while. As for not being able to eat it......that's what is known as a God Smack. Thumb your nose, and he'll always get you, one way or another. Hey, if you drive to MofA and go thru the UP, you can leave your machine at the border and we can drag Janet across the border.

A GOD SMACK, I love it :) I am going to remember that analogy!!!

Yes I am driving from My home in Wasaga Beach to Pt. Huron Mich, then across Mich to Muskegon, catching the FERRY to Linda's place.... then she and I will drive the rest of the way together..... just like Thelma and Louise ( we are skipping the cliff LOL) I'll have to take a week of work to accomplish this driving, but it'll be worth it so see some of the States that I've not been to before... Michigan is where I've mostly been to, Florida, Washington, California and Arizona just one time each.

Janet - LOL I'm just kidding. Yeah, I don't smoke........anymore, that is....and still enjoy all that second hand smoke. If it still tastes good, I say go for it. Wish I could still smoke, I really enjoyed it (most of the time). If I go to MofA, I'll make sure I enjoy some of that second hand smoke.

HAVE A GOOD DAY LADIES, DRINK YOUR WATER...........GOT TO GO AND SEE IF I CAN DOWNLOAD SMILEYS. THANKS EVERYONE.

O.k. drinking my water now... I've had a coffee, 1/2 cup oatmeal, and 16 oz of water.

I am getting my exersise in by painting my BF Bathroom... but that's a whole other post:mad:

Peaches - I had to pay a 40$ copay because I went to an outpatient "urgent " care facility because i dont have a pcp.

Okay I am leaving now to go to the land of happiness. I love Eugene! It is SOOOOOO my home.

Chat with you on Sunday