Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky # Sevens- July 07 Bandsters

Kathy--Great to hear from you--don't be a stranger! Sympathies to you and your family on the loss of your dad--that's tough.

I've considered paying out of pocket for the PS, but with everything else going on this summer, I can't justify another major expense. So surgery's off the table for now. The silver lining is that it gives me until Aug 16 to lose the last 15 pounds. That's more do-able than July 1--especially with the Mexico trip in two weeks! AND, I won't have any problems going to Mall of America.

Hey Janet--I heard something about an earthquake in Palm Springs yesterday. That's not far from you--right?

Karri--I'm glad you're takiing a wait and see approach. I'd still want you to err on the side of caution. You are definitely not a wimp, but unless you have an x-ray of that foot looked at by a sprots medicine MD, there is no way to know for sure what's going on. Look, my son ran (and finished) the Chicago marathon, and he was living with us the summer he was training for it. I remember how brutral and intense the training was. Just be smart about it--OK?

Hi Kathy, It's nice to hear from you. The last time you were on was right after the funeral. I hope things are getting a little easier.

I also need a new job. If someone doesn't get me out of this hell hole I beginning to feel I may lose it. Today is my secretaries 20th day absent, and don't forget we are off all summer. She hasn't been here all week. I am truly overwhelmed. Today I just don't give a shit. I do what I can do and F the rest.

Twilight - I use sparkpeople, yesterday I tried thedailyplate.

I like it much better!!

Yesterday 860cals. Water= ? enough

P.S. = Someone please get me the hell outta here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :smile::frown::lol::frown:

We are going to the doctor as soon as school is out at 3PM. It does feel a lot better today, but I am still going to go in and have it checked out. Perhaps the doc can give me some tips on wrapping, stretching, and cool downs to prevent the injuries in the first place. My legs are sore after my workouts.

Alright I have to be done here...I MUST get 1st period grades done before I check back in.

Thanks for the concern everyone...I promise I am going to the doctor!

Karri - I am so happy you are getting it ck'd out - as soon as you get home you let us know ok..

I've considered paying out of pocket for the PS, but with everything else going on this summer, I can't justify another major expense. So surgery's off the table for now. The silver lining is that it gives me until Aug 16 to lose the last 15 pounds. That's more do-able than July 1--especially with the Mexico trip in two weeks! AND, I won't have any problems going to Mall of America.

Hey Janet--I heard something about an earthquake in Palm Springs yesterday. That's not far from you--right?

Linda - We had a little EQ a week or so that was a 3.2 about 9 miles from me - I felt that one - Last night around 9 I hear we had one 15 miles from Anza (which is up in the mountains - most likely 60 miles from us) it was a 4.2 - I didn't feel that one. I usually don't feel anything under a 4 but the little one a week ago was only 9 mile east of my house felt a little jolt stop another jolt - very very mild. I know that alot of people are really scared of EQ's but since I have grown up with them - they don't bother me - the worse one in my life was 6/27 (right after my Dad died) I was still staying in his house and woke up right before it hit - at 5 a.m. they original had it at a 7 something but I think got down graded to a 6.5

That was a band one - my dad's house was like 4000 sq ft and It was just me and his dog. and we had a lot of after shocks - but it gave us something to talk about - When we had the Northridge quake - It woke me up at around 4 a.m I though oh just another EQ no biggie then when I woke up that morning and saw the News and how bad LA was hit - I was shocked.

I will take EQ's over tornado's any day ... EQ only happen every so often but tornado's happen every yr and more than once a yr..

I hate that you aren't getting your PS - but the selfish me is happy that you are going to make the MofA trip.:smile:.. And Yes I totally understand the taking the pressure off - I think we all sometimes put too much pressure on ourselves - I know that I do....

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Well today is a very good day ladies - Down 2.5 lbs this week - only 1.5 to goal !!!! You would think I would be more happier than I am - Do you all wanta here something sort of sick - and I have to share with you my family (cuz some of you may have these sick thoughts too) Ready for this DUMB thinking - I haven't lost the weight cuz of the work and changes in my eating & exercises - that I have cancer and just don't know it... I Know really sick - but I think of that movie with Mary Tyler Moore and someone comments on her weight loss and she says "ya it took cancer for me to get thin"

Ok so you all now know that I am a little warped - I hope I haven't totally ruined your impression of me with my sick thoughts - but since you are truly me family and understand this whole journey and what/how a fat chick thinks - I just had to share - You guys are the only ones who really understand how fat chick's think - Ya I may be close to goal - but I will always have a fat chick mentally i think...

Ok enough of my morbidness - I am on my 1st bottle of Water - last night calories were only 700 cuz I only ate 1/2 of a pudding for my midnite raid - and I was proud of myself for stopping at half cuz all I really needed was 1 tiny spoon full - but I knew if I tired to eat the whole thing it wasn't going to stay down.

CBL :lol:

Hi Kathy, It's nice to hear from you. The last time you were on was right after the funeral. I hope things are getting a little easier.

I also need a new job. If someone doesn't get me out of this hell hole I beginning to feel I may lose it. Today is my secretaries 20th day absent, and don't forget we are off all summer. She hasn't been here all week. I am truly overwhelmed. Today I just don't give a shit. I do what I can do and F the rest.

Twilight - I use sparkpeople, yesterday I tried thedailyplate.

I like it much better!!

Yesterday 860cals. Water= ? enough

P.S. = Someone please get me the hell outta here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol::frown::):frown:

Denise - I am sending a plane for your right now and we will head off to some nice quiet white sandy beach with swaying palm trees and a beautiful blue Water ocean and a guy serving us drinks with umbrells in them.. Sound good - Think of that today :smile:

Thanks Janet I'll be waiting. Now onto You.

This is what I get from your current thinking. You know deep down that you have something else to do. You have drastically changed you health for the better in the past year. However YOU KNOW dog gone well you are not doing what you need to do to be truley healthy. You smoke, and smoking kills. You are inhaling poison into your lungs every single day. It's time to tackle the next health hurdle if you want to be truly healthy.

Thanks Janet I'll be waiting. Now onto You.

This is what I get from your current thinking. You know deep down that you have something else to do. You have drastically changed you health for the better in the past year. However YOU KNOW dog gone well you are not doing what you need to do to be truley healthy. You smoke, and smoking kills. You are inhaling poison into your lungs every single day. It's time to tackle the next health hurdle if you want to be truly healthy.

You are mostly right - about that !!! -

Janet,

I totally get the morbid thinking. I have a pain in my shoulder and I'm sure it is a ruptured disk. The pain behind my eye for the last few months, definitely a tumor. I was giving a seminar 2 summers ago and got the stomach flu one night and all I could think was what if it was my gall bladder and it had ruptured, or my appendix and I was ignoring it. I'm always coming up with the worst case senario. It is just crazy.

However, as an ex-smoker I have to agree with Denise on this one. I think deep down you know that all this damned work is going to be for nothing if you are still cutting your life short for those stupid cigs. Now don't get me wrong. I don't preach quitting. It is a HUGE personal decision and my quitting I attribute to a fluke. My mom has smoked for 50 years and though I want her to quit and would do anything I can to help, her decision is up to her. I said something the other day about not walking with her because she smokes and it isn't that she smokes that's the problem, it's the heath, lung issues it has caused and her fraility that slows her down. Whether she quits or not is up to her. I feel the same about you. I think it is important, but you know the dangers and if you're willing to live with them....to heck with all of us. We love you, cigarettes and all. But I think it is subconciously bothering you.

Okay...off my soapbox. (Damned reformed smokers anyhow)

Janet,

I totally get the morbid thinking. I have a pain in my shoulder and I'm sure it is a ruptured disk. The pain behind my eye for the last few months, definitely a tumor. I was giving a seminar 2 summers ago and got the stomach flu one night and all I could think was what if it was my gall bladder and it had ruptured, or my appendix and I was ignoring it. I'm always coming up with the worst case senario. It is just crazy.

Whether she quits or not is up to her. I feel the same about you. I think it is important, but you know the dangers and if you're willing to live with them....to heck with all of us. We love you, cigarettes and all. But I think it is subconciously bothering you.

Okay...off my soapbox. (Damned reformed smokers anyhow)

Love it - Thanks! - and yes I know I need to - no diff than losing weight it's going to be the just doing it.. Baby steps (aka excuses) One thing at a time - Maybe I will make this my new years resolution - by then the weight will be off for 6 months - I will get some chantix and do it.. Ok making 2009 resloutions...

Janet--well, I'm glad that you didn't wait till New Year's to start your lapband journey. . . I'm not going to gang up on you--yet. Enjoy your victory over food for awhile. 1 1/2 pounds to goal is fabulous.

I just succumed and had a bowl of chilie for lunch. It was wonderful, but that does it for me for today. From now on--only Water.< /p>

Janet--well, I'm glad that you didn't wait till New Year's to start your Lap Band journey. . . I'm not going to gang up on you--yet. Enjoy your victory over food for awhile. 1 1/2 pounds to goal is fabulous.

I just succumed and had a bowl of chilie for lunch. It was wonderful, but that does it for me for today. From now on--only Water.< /p>

Thanks Linda - I really don't feel like I am being ganged up on - heck now a days us smoker are use to abuse :lol: heck they are trying to pass laws where you can't some in your own apt - or outside - heck you can't smoke in your car with a kid under 18 - Big Brother :cool2:

Like Steph says I know the dangers and this too shall be another hurtle to overcome

And I agree - enjoy my victory over food for right now - one battle at a time :tongue:

Love my girl (hugs to you all)

I need to make a exercise goal. I know that I am going to be hugely busy this month. I have semester tests to write, grades to do, a classroom to clean out. I have home life to keep in order and I have a few days at my family's because two of my neices are graduating. I know I can exercise there but that is TWO days in the car.

Now....a lot of that sounds like excuses not to exercise and I don't mean for that to be. I just don't want to set an unreasonable goal. I WANT and PLAN to get at least my half hour walk in per day, but know that there may be days raining or sick that it is impossible.

I guess my question is this. If I set a goal of 900 minutes (which is 30 minutes a day), is that way too much? When I walk it is usually 45 minutes at a time so I'm not pushing quite as hard as it sounds and some days I will do the walk AND the total gym.

Am I setting myself up for failure or is 900 minutes a good goal? What do you all think?

I think 900 minutes is a good goal, if and only if you think you are going to exercise everyday. If you average more than 30 minutes a day so that you can make up for days you don't get the exercise in they you are fine. During weightloss phase you need to exercise more days then someone that is at goal. I have never exercised everyday because I knew that was unrealistic for me. However I did set it so that I was averaging 1 hour 5 days a week which worked for me. I think by having that number out there even if it seems high, kind of pushes you. The exercise challenge thread is one of the few threads that I still post on the August board because it keeps me focused and accountable to where I need to be. That is why my signature always has the "Crazy Ate's exercise challenge." I think it is a good goal and one that is doable if you are willing to commit to yourself.

I need to make a exercise goal. I know that I am going to be hugely busy this month. I have semester tests to write, grades to do, a classroom to clean out. I have home life to keep in order and I have a few days at my family's because two of my neices are graduating. I know I can exercise there but that is TWO days in the car.

Now....a lot of that sounds like excuses not to exercise and I don't mean for that to be. I just don't want to set an unreasonable goal. I WANT and PLAN to get at least my half hour walk in per day, but know that there may be days raining or sick that it is impossible.

I guess my question is this. If I set a goal of 900 minutes (which is 30 minutes a day), is that way too much? When I walk it is usually 45 minutes at a time so I'm not pushing quite as hard as it sounds and some days I will do the walk AND the total gym.

Am I setting myself up for failure or is 900 minutes a good goal? What do you all think?

My 2 cents - you are setting yourself up for failure - 900 minutes is exercising every day - yes some days you may do 1 hr but there can be days where for whatever reason you can't do even 30

I had a goal of 20 days and I wasn't making - made me feel a little bad (not too but a little) so I moved it down to 15 - and this month I did 19 - it's better to over your goal than under. Even though I only said I would go to the gym 3 days a week - didn't mean that I couldn't go more than that - and I felt really good that i exceeded my goal..

These are the mind games that work for me - You have more family obligations than I do - so you have to allow for that and if you can't get your 30 minutes in you aren't going to feel like a failure and give up and just say screw it..

OK my 2 cents:tt2:

Good Job Mommy! Only 1.5 pounds to go! I am so proud of you!

Thank you Baby Girl !!!

I am pretty proud of me too :lol:..

But gotta say going to the dentist today is taking the edge off my happyness - but I will just tell him to turn up the gas :tongue:

I did get flamed by someone else on that thread where I posted my pound is a pound - but also got a rep point too - More right ons - than flames... :cool2: