Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky # Sevens- July 07 Bandsters

we heard earlier tonight from a couple of friends they had heard that we would be over $5 by the end of the summer as well. Told hubby tonight that maybe I should by a scooter. We live 10 miles away from anything. Gas stations, stores or anything so we have to drive at least 20 miles round trip if we need anything or want to go any where. Oh well we can't change it. Just frustrating.

Ok - I guess I need a life - I am off to cook some dinner... and watch tv

CBL

Phyl-I am here. We just went out for supper and came home. It is not a very nice night here so DH and I both decided we would rather just come back home. I am getting ready to take a nice hot shower and watch the boob tube.

We got ALOT (5 1/2 inches) of rain last night after 2 inches the night before. DH had to go to his bosses house this morning and help get Water out of their basement because they flooded so they didn't really go to work (at the shop. he is a mechanic) until almost noon and when they got their they realized that the microwave, computers, phone and etc had been hit by lightening last night. It was really bad here. It has rained a little here and there today but nothing to bad. It was 63 when I was walking earlier today and then about 3pm it started to get windy and cold. It is now 44 degrees and it is supposed to get down to 36 tonight. And then....get this........possibility of fricken snow tomorrow!!!! (excuse my french) I know that we live in Iowa but this weather is absolutely nuts.........even for us!!!!

Just out of curiousity......DH asked me what your alls gas prices are where you live. Ours just went up tonight. We are now at $3.45 and they say possibly up to $4 by the end of next week. If these costs keep going up I really don't know how we will be going on vacations this summer. My DH will be getting senior pictures and son in drivers ed and things like that and all of that really costs. I can honestly say for that fact I am really happy that the kids went to Chicago to enjoy themselves because who knows if we will go much this summer. I just talked to my dad in Missouri and he is supposed to be coming up here in a couple weeks but he told me they are unsure with the fuel prices and him getting into the fields. Anyway just a question DH and I were talking about. Didn't mean to ramble on about all the other.

Our gas... $3.49 at costco, more than that elsewhere.

After listening to your weather report,

I guess I'll quit complaining!!

oh Beth - I was going to answer you - to tell you that i don't know the answer :w00t::lol:

Did you use the search feature and type in pork chops in the food thread??

How about adding a can of Campbell's Healthy Request Soup to it??? Cream of Mushroom or Cream of Chicken...

That's what I was going to suggest, too.

Be creative!

There is a thread for crock pot recipes and I found a lot of good ones there, though I haven't tried any yet. We have a pork loin in the freezer and one of the recipes said to put a pork loin in the crock pot with a whole bottle of your favorite BBQ Sauce and cook for 6-8 hours. I'd probably add a little wine, too.

OMW - ALL MORNING GOT THE MESSAGE SITE DOWN FOR MAINTANENCE..

I was going crazy - I had to do some actual work this morning :sleep::lol:

Phyl - Global Crisis - yes without the internet where would we be :tongue2:

Ruby - OMW you remembered that much of your dream - Lately I don't/can't remember mine.. It was a sign of your determination :w00t:

Jackie - Well when I got home from work I weighed 164 - so since it was still my weigh in day - I took that number - If nothing else just to make me feel better.. Now lets see where I am next week - but I was so pissed off yesterday - I had no problem eating on the lite side - I am suppose to be eating oatmeal for bf - but that has 160 cal so I had yogurt & stawberries (fresh) for a total of 100 c - so I saved 60 calories and didn't eat any popcorn last night - but the real reason was that I didn't eat dinner until like 9:30 ish and then went to bed... I was wound up pretty tight last night for some reason - I was blasting off post to the newbies about their band - you know me on my soap box - will power etc..

I have a headach this morning - don't know why - maybe cuz i am working too hard... :lol:

Ok - I got my fix - I was able to talk to my girls - so as usual - CBL :tt2:

Janet; Kudos on your 4 #'s left to goal!!! You'll be there in no time.

I want to check into getting a total gym. I know Steph that you told us a few pages back the cost and where you ordered. Would you mind sharing that info again for me? Thanks and sorry to have you repeat
Ok - I guess I need a life - I am off to cook some dinner... and watch tv

CBL

You don't need a life.... WE are you life LOL

Gas prices here, are $1.29 per litre... and you multiply litre by 4 to get a US gallon (approx) so that's $5.16 Cdn a Us gallon... but i'm not going to try and do the US/Cdn $ conversion.... you get the idea.

Now, as a Cdn I am puzzled, we have the Alberta Tar Sands that we derive oil from, we have Oil rigs off the Atlantic coast in Newfoundland and Nova Scotia... so how come our gas is so expensive???? Political B.S.

Good evening ladies....hope all is well in your worlds.

We are sitting here watching Second Hand Lions yet again. I really love this show. It makes me smile and it makes me cry. It's just the perfect story.

Made spaghetti for dinner. Filled up on salad so that I didn't eat a bunch of Pasta. I only ate about a quarter cup of spaghetti so that was a real victory. I LOVE spaghetti and garlic bread. In my former life I would eat a big plate full and 2 or 3 pieces of garlic bread. Screw the salad it got in the way of all the yummy stuff. Now I eat a bunch of salad and only 3 or 4 bites of pasta.

My totak gym was about $280 with shipping. I got it at qvc. It was a while supplies last price though and now they are almost $300 before shipping. I don't know how much they are elsewhere...I'm a qvc queen.

I'm not sure about the scale. I'm not sure I need a new one because any scale is never going to be my friend. So why spend money on them? I just think it would be nice to have an actual number instead of a memory. Must be the number nut in me.

I had the kashi Cereal for Breakfast. My first breakfast in a long time but it was alright. I added some splenda and that helped. I bought some that is more like granola chunks and might try that for snack tonight. I still have quite a few calories to spend.

I went walking tonight with my mom. Having a really hard time with this....my mom is here for a couple of weeks. She said "I'll come with you" when I said I was going for a walk. Don't get me wrong, I love visiting with her. But I knew she wouldn't want to do the hill that is the beginning of my walk and couldn't make it the 2 1/2 miles that I want to do. We walk much slower and not nearly as far. .... I don't want her to feel like I don't want her, but I'm not really getting a workout. I want to go for a WALK, not a STROLL. She is walking as fast as she can...not just wandering, but she just isn't up to it. Now my mom is a skinny, but smokes and really doesn't exercise ever....so I want to get her moving with me. I just don't know what to do. I feel like if I go out after we have gone walking she will get the idea and feel bad. It is such a cunundrum.

There was something else I was going to mention....but I can't remember who said what and what I wanted to say about it. Let's blame it on my cold and not my brain....yeah....let's go with that.

Talk to you guys later. Have a great night

Oh...that's right....peaches reminded me. Right now gas is $3.64 a gallon. Diesel was $4.29 a gallon. We always have the highest price in the state. Don't know why. Ahhhh...the joy of economics.

You don't need a life....

WE are your life LOL--YEAH!

Gas prices here, are $1.29 per litre... and you multiply litre by 4 to get a US gallon (approx) so that's $5.16 Cdn a Us gallon... but i'm not going to try and do the US/Cdn $ conversion.... you get the idea.

Now, as a Cdn I am puzzled, we have the Alberta Tar Sands that we derive oil from, we have Oil rigs off the Atlantic coast in Newfoundland and Nova Scotia... so how come our gas is so expensive????

Political B.S.

You got that RIGHT!!

I noticed my "rep power" changed from 1 to 2 a few days ago. Is it linked at all to how many times you've posted, Janet?? I forget what all you said you found out about it.

Feeling really bummed tonight. DD still not speaking to us... and I think we're in for a long haul. I want to get back in my RV and run away from all this drama!

My "Wii Fitness Age" is 68 today!!

At least it didn't go back up to 70+!!

I played a game of baseball today, and bowling, hit a few golf balls and did some bowling training. I like this one session where you start out with 10 pins and then you keep getting more and more and more and the alley keeps getting wider and wider! It gets up to like 91 pins or more. My final score was about 479! I did pretty good in that one. It's amazing how the "ball" responds... you turn your wrist and it puts a curve on it. Pretty fascinating.

513v.gif

I'm not sure about the scale. I'm not sure I need a new one because any scale is never going to be my friend. So why spend money on them? I just think it would be nice to have an actual number instead of a memory. Must be the number nut in me.

Well, it's not something you NEED, but it is nice to have an accurate number instead of depending on a needle to be steady. Mother's Day is just around the corner. Find one in a store that you like the look of and put in a request for that. :w00t:

Gas prices - I don't know for sure but I think they're around $3.50. I don't drive. I learned to drive down under, so everything is in reverse here for me. I've never been able to bring myself to get in the other side of the car and drive down the other side of the street. :tongue2: Believe me, you're a lot safer without me behind the wheel and out in traffic. :sleep:

Janet; Kudos on your 4 #'s left to goal!!! You'll be there in no time.

You don't need a life.... WE are you life LOL

Now, as a Cdn I am puzzled, we have the Alberta Tar Sands that we derive oil from, we have Oil rigs off the Atlantic coast in Newfoundland and Nova Scotia... so how come our gas is so expensive???? Political B.S.

Candice - You got that right this is my life - it's 5:30 AM and look where I am at 359.gif Stupid smoke detector when off - if the fan in my GS room isn't on it will go off.. So I was getting up at 6 anyway so that I could be at the gym by 7 (I like to sit have my coffee & smoke and wake up slowly - I hate rushing) - hair appt @ 9 - getting highlights..

TV is boring - I guess I need to start reading again - I use to read a book a week - but haven't been in the mood for a while..

I noticed my "rep power" changed from 1 to 2 a few days ago. Is it linked at all to how many times you've posted, Janet?? I forget what all you said you found out about it.

Feeling really bummed tonight. DD still not speaking to us... and I think we're in for a long haul. I want to get back in my RV and run away from all this drama!

Phyl - Your reputation is where people like what you have to say (they click on the scales on the lower left - they look like clouds to me)- in your user cp you should have a notice who voted for you. - go click on the scales and it will tell you how may rep points you have - ck your user cp too

What would you tell me to do if I was in your shoes right now. You would tell me Chill Girl - It will work out

I want you do to the same :w00t:

Well, it's not something you NEED, but it is nice to have an accurate number instead of depending on a needle to be steady. Mother's Day is just around the corner. Find one in a store that you like the look of and put in a request for that. :tongue2:

Gas prices - I don't know for sure but I think they're around $3.50. I don't drive. I learned to drive down under, so everything is in reverse here for me. I've never been able to bring myself to get in the other side of the car and drive down the other side of the street. :sleep: Believe me, you're a lot safer without me behind the wheel and out in traffic. :lol:

Ruby - You don't drive :tt2: I guess that would be weird - I know that when X and I would be on a cruise - and like on St Thomas & St Barts we rented vehicles - thhe vehicles where like ours - but you drove on the wrong side of the road - It was a bit nerve wracking for me - but he did fine

You have been here a long time haven't you?? I just could not imagine not driving 12_7_21.gif

sig.jsp?pc=ZSzeb097&pp=ZKxdm005YYUS

Stupid smoke detector when off - if the fan in my GS room isn't on it will go off..

When this happens to us, it's usually a sign that the filter in the air conditioner needs changing.

Ruby - You don't drive :grouphug: I guess that would be weird - I know that when X and I would be on a cruise - and like on St Thomas & St Barts we rented vehicles - thhe vehicles where like ours - but you drove on the wrong side of the road - It was a bit nerve wracking for me - but he did fine.

You have been here a long time haven't you?? I just could not imagine not driving

Yeah I've been here for 5 years now. I kept meaning to get lessons to help me adjust, but for the past couple of years we've been talking of relocating to Aussie, so I didn't want to confuse myself. :frown3:

I've only ever owned one car in my life. I grew up on public transport. Everything here is within walking distance. It gives me extra exercise. When I need something from the store, I walk. In our apartment complex I'm known as "the lady that walks everywhere" :( It's a 5 minute walk west to my PCP. A 5 minute walk south to my dentist. A 5 minute walk east to my hair salon. A 10 minute walk south/west to SuperTarget. A 25 minute walk south/west to a big shopping mall. When I do need to go somewhere else, or buy bigger items that I can't carry home, my sweet hubby takes me. I've got it made with that man. :biggrin2:

Ruby

Filters are on my to do list today !!!

With all the building at is going on around me - I could walk too but i don't:lol: - During the summer it's too hot -like that excuse - but with the price of gas who knows - but when i go shopping too many bags and we all know the kind of shopper that i am.

Well it's 6:55 so I am off to the gym - it opens @ 7....

Will CBL - HAVE A GOOD DAY EVERYONE

I did get my shoes last night... I bought 2 pairs! I one that was on MAJOR sale (only 20 bucks for a 75$ pair of shoes!) and the other one for 50$ I am going to try the cheaper shoes at the race today and then take the other ones back if these work and get a second pair of the cheap shoes. Actually DH bought the same pair of shoes, so now we have matching shoes, matching cars, matching computers (that sit next to each other) and matching wide screen monitors. See we were an old married couple BEFORE we got married!

There are a heck of a lot of posts from last night...I couldn't get on. I tried, and tried, and tried, and just kept getting an maintenance air. I will post pictures later today. Well I need to eat breakfast before I head out. I will need some fuel to run this race. I don't usually workout in the mornings so this could be interesting.

Oh and gas prices here are 3.55$ I would love to walk to school in the morning but we got down to 9degrees last week and I just don't feel safe walking there at 4:30/5:00 am. I only live like a mile away too!

ok I am PISSED !!!!! I got to the gym @ 7 - it's now 7:38 - wonder why i am home so fast - CUZ THE FRICKIN GYM ISN'T OPEN !!!! I have a hair appointment @9 so I had 7-8 to exercise. Well I hope that the person who was suppose to open didn't get in an accident or anything - but I am PISSED THAT I AM NOT GETTING MY EXERCISE...

Karri - Good Luck on your race today:biggrin: So Proud of you for doing it - What a GREAT NSV :(:thumbup: Can't wait to see the pictures

I like exercising in the mornings better - I have more energy... and then it gets me pumped up for the day - i was going to try and jog/run again - oh i'm mad... I could have gotten a couple of hours more of sleep !!@!