Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky # Sevens- July 07 Bandsters

I am just now able to get on and it's almost 9 a.m and have been trying since 7:15.

Karri - OK you are eating - Increase your fat/calories and not the quanity that you are eating - imho - I think that increasing the amount could cause problems - and instead of lf string cheese - have regular string cheese - things like that.. 2% milk instead of skim - etc..

Have DH hide the scale again :tt2: - You will make it thru this - that is if you don't drive yourself crazy :lol::lol: - But you have us to keep you sane :thumbup:

- Ok not much to report - I just hate when our site is so slow... I go thru withdrawls...

cbl :lol:

CONGRATS - CANDICE - I am so proud of you !!!!!

Thanks Janet: I am proud of me too!

KARRI WHERE ARE YOU !!! You haven't been on since last night - Mommy Dearest is worrying :lol:

M of A - Phyl - Steph - Me - Candice and hopfully Linda & Jackie..

Well, I went to the gym - did 2 miles 36 minutes 4 to 7 incline 3.0 - 3.7 speed. But the fan wasing working and I was hot..

Ruby - I wouldn't take the pills - tell them you are and keep going back complaining about the rash just so that i could get it covered by insurance. :tt2:

M of A..... I'm going no matter what!!!

You had a GREAT day...

except for the exercise....

which I haven't done yet either!!

Have to switch the TV input to the Wii and play some TENNIS or something!! Did go for about a 2 hr ride on my scooter, but that doesn't count!! Next time I am going to take plastic bags and gather up pop/beer cans that I am passing along the way!! That should count for some exercise!! It is disgusting to see the garbage that people must throw out their car windows that is laying along the sides of the road!!

Thanks Phyl

I just had to make up my MIND!!!! and get re-committed to this journey

:lol::eek::tt2::eek::eek::eek::eek:

I can't believe you are leading Ruby astray.....

telling her to be dishonest!!

Shame!!

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Poor Baby!! Too hot while exercising!!

My scooter ride.... I had on sweat pants, heaviest sweat shirt I own, heavy fleece jacket, knit scarf, hat and gloves!! I wish I was back in the desert with the wind and the heat!! It's too cold here and .....

our DD is causing a lot of emotional turmoil for us... problems with our teenage GD have her very angry and she is not reacting with any degree of maturity. We've both been in tears over this today, and had two long phone conversations with our SIL. DD is in serious need of some counselling but it's impossible to even have a rational conversation with her about it at the moment. It's very frustrating, heartbreaking,

and we are at our wits' end!!

Hi,

Just a quick update as it's been a long day. . .the PS consult: MOST EMBARASING MOMENT OF MY LIFE--much worse than delivering a baby--i'd rather go to the dentist. I am a very modest person, and the thought of me standing naked while they're taking pics of my fat was more than I could take. OK, with that said, it sounds like my surgery will be much like Karri's. We'll see what the insurance says. I am still planning on M of A--come what may. I am hoping for late June/early July. The PS is not happy with that--he'd like me on maintenance for 3-6 months prior to surgery, but my window of opportunity is very narrow. Now I wait on the insurance and DH.

More later.

Linda, Your p/s sounds so exciting... when will you hear about approval? If you have the surg in June or beginning of July that'll allow 3 wks for recovery... You'll be o.k. for M of A won't you??? You can do a lot of healing in 3 wks.

Is it just me or is this site really slow today?

Ruby: Yes I found the site slow today as well... just as I got confident with this multiposting ha,ha,ha.... :thumbup:

Candice :lol:

This site is as slow as my students! And that is VERY VERY slow! My hunger is much more under control today. Thank goodness.

DH is in an interview with a state job today so I am anxiously awaiting news from him.

Well I have one class worth of tests to grade and a meeting during my prep period so I guess I had best sign off. I will try to chat with you the next time I manage to get the network to plug along faster than a terd of hurtles! aka a herd of turtles!

What is going on???

Site still seems to be royally screwed up!!

:redface::rant: :hurt:

You-hoooo: Anyone home? You all must be outside enjoying a beautiful spring evening. Well, maybe not Phyl--it's probably snowing again!

Yes, Janet, I can't believe I could actually get rid of the belly roll that's been plaguing me for 29 years since the birth of my first 10 1/2 pound baby! That would be something I would have never dreamed of. I think one of the reasons I gained all the weight back after the last time I lost it is b/c that roll was still there--even when I was an emaciated 140 pounds and ppl were worrying that I was anorexic!

Karri--speaking of anorexia--I was starting to worry about you. I'm really glad to hear that you gained 2 pounds. You know, it wouldn't hurt sometime to talk with a counselor. It's not a sign of weakness, but it does help uncover and deal with some of the issues that may be driving your anxiety. Please don't take me wrong--I adore you. I just want you to be happy on the inside. As someone who lost it and gained it all back plus, I know that maintenance is more about head work than anything else. Hopefully I've done enough of that this time!

ok wtf is going on - don't they know that we are ADDICTED to our Lucky #7 Thread - It has taken me forever to get to post - I have check'd on and off ALL day and zip..

Linda 10 1/2 lbs baby OMW that had to hurt :rant: - My DS was 8.1 and my GS was 9 - and his mom was like a size 2 :redface:

For me its the arms - tummy a little flap but nothing my Lipo in a box doesn't take care of - ARMS...

This is why I think we need to lobby against insurance companies - if they are going to cover WLS then they should cover the reconstruction of our bodies too with out have to have rashes and back aches etc - without the ps what incentive is there to keep the weight off - you have all this ugly saggy skin - at least with the fat is was plumped out..

Karri - Glad you are doing better today - Ups and downs I understand - but you gotta understand we worry about you too cuz we LOVE YOU..

I need Candice - Steph - Kari - to p.m. me your emails - I was going to do a LUCKY #7 email cuz the site was down - but I don't have your emails - I think I have all the other regular posters - Phyl - Jackie - Ruby - Kristin - Linda - Mango - Karri - and If I am missing someone - just pm or email me - jwrightpim@aol.com your emails - so we can stay in contact when the site is down... Gosh I am so frickkin smart sometimes :hurt:

Well, I did legs tonite 3 - 30 reps on this one machine - the 1st 2 reps 100 lbs and then like 115 for the last set - Hope I can walk tomorrow..

Well the buzzer went off - will cbl - to see if we are up or not.

I have had 3 bottles of Water

Ok all I am FREAKIN out!! My kids have not been away from me like this and they are leaving tomorrow morning and I have been soooo emotional today and just don't want them to leave. 36_1_4.gif Ok I know that I need to just get over it but I seriously am struggling with this. I kept myself busy all day cleaing and running around so I didn't have time to think about eating and I was supposed to get a fill today but I didn't go because it feels very restricted today. I am attributing that to the stress and anxiety though so I rescheduled my fill for next Wednesday when the kids will be home and life will be back to normal. :redface: Then dingy me I took the next 2 days off thinking I would relax. YEAH RIGHT!!! Ok I know that I need to chill and kids go places all the time. It is just that I have never been away from them like this and since their dad passed almost 5 years ago I have been even more protective. You all know how the mom thing is. 'no one can protect them like we can!' OHHHHHHHHHH

Ok I am going to go shower and see if I feel better. I didn't sleep much last night.....terrible dreams!! I have to help DD finish a few odds and ends (DS is finished!!) and then I am going to set for a while. We have to be up at 4am so it will be a short night. I have told them so many times tonight that I love them and yet my DS is such a procrastinator (sp?) that I got irritated a few times with him. He just came in a few minutes ago before I started typing and said 'mom I am sorry. I was just being cocky.' I said 'I am sorry too. I am just really frazzled tonight and I know that you are really excited about tomorrow and I am just missing you already.' What a wahhhhh baby I am being. Thanks for letting me cry on your shoulders.

BTW I got my exercise in today and then some. I cleaned and according to my body bugg I had vigorous activity for 1 hour and 47 minutes and burned a total of 2774 calories and walked 16,463 steps. Heck I am pretty proud of myself. Being fidgetty really paid off on that end anyway. :hurt:

sig.jsp?pc=ZSzeb098&pp=ZKxdm005YYUS

Linda- I do think that I need to talk to a counselor, but I have called 3 here to make appointments and 1 said she was not taking new clients, and the other 2 called me back once each and then when I returned their phone calls they didn't call back. So I kind of said screw it. I thought I was doing really well. I don't want to lose any more weight but I certainly don't want to gain it either. This will be my first time ever maintaing. I have never been thin. I lost 40+ pounds once when I was doing Atkins, but I never got to goal weight. I was still dieting when I fell off and headed back up at lightning speed. Right now I am just freaked out because yesterday was the first day since late November (when I was unfilled before) that I have felt actual hunger. I no longer have anything except for my will power and stubborness to stop eating. I can tell that my band is there if I eat to quickly, but honestly, right now I could get my money's worth at a buffet. So at least for right now, I feel like I need to be EXTRA strict until I get the hang of this. In my opinion, I would rather err on the side of caution then end up gaining weight. Yes, I am running 4 days a week, but right now this is not much more than I was doing previously. My goal honestly is not to lose anymore weight. Though I am no skin and bones. Technically I am still 11 pounds overweight, so if I do lose a few more pounds then I am not going to look emaciated...at least I don't think. I really do appreciate everyone looking out for me. This is just going to be a rough patch. Hopefully as you all start transitioning into maintenance (and some of you are darn close) then you can learn from what I am doing or you can teach me if I am still struggling. I really wish that there was a more active "at goal" forum on LBT. It would really help to hear what and how they did this.

Well as for my workout I just ran my 3 miles...key firmly attached to my shoelace so that I did not have a repeat incident of the last run.

I will check back in later. Hopefully the site is running smoother now!

How did I know? Phyl's here!

Yeah, and then I answered you back and as soon as I hit the submit button the site went down again!!

ok wtf is going on - don't they know that we are ADDICTED to our Lucky #7 Thread - It has taken me forever to get to post - I have check'd on and off ALL day and zip..

Linda 10 1/2 lbs baby OMW that had to hurt :rant: - My DS was 8.1 and my GS was 9 - and his mom was like a size 2 :redface:

For me its the arms - tummy a little flap but nothing my Lipo in a box doesn't take care of - ARMS...

This is why I think we need to lobby against insurance companies - if they are going to cover WLS then they should cover the reconstruction of our bodies too with out have to have rashes and back aches etc - without the ps what incentive is there to keep the weight off - you have all this ugly saggy skin - at least with the fat is was plumped out..

Karri - Glad you are doing better today - Ups and downs I understand - but you gotta understand we worry about you too cuz we LOVE YOU..

I need Candice - Steph - Kari - to p.m. me your emails - I was going to do a LUCKY #7 email cuz the site was down - but I don't have your emails - I think I have all the other regular posters - Phyl - Jackie - Ruby - Kristin - Linda - Mango - Karri - and If I am missing someone - just pm or email me - jwrightpim@aol.com your emails - so we can stay in contact when the site is down... Gosh I am so frickkin smart sometimes :hurt:

Well, I did legs tonite 3 - 30 reps on this one machine - the 1st 2 reps 100 lbs and then like 115 for the last set - Hope I can walk tomorrow..

Well the buzzer went off - will cbl - to see if we are up or not.

I have had 3 bottles of Water

I played some golf today, bowling, boxing...

knocked a guy out in the 2nd round,

and redid my "Fitness Age".... 66 today!

"Wii"!!

Good morning all. It is 1:15 in the morning and this is the third time I have tried to get on. Guess you got to get on when you can. Janet, my e-mail is kirajh@yahoo.com. Everyone, feel free to e-mail me any time. I love getting mail. The power struggle is still going on, but it is getting better. I am so tired, I can't think straight so, I'm gonna hit the sheets and hope this thing isn't slow tomorrow. SWEET DREAMS EVERYONE..............AND DON'T LET THE BEDBUGS BITE.

This site is as slow as my students! And that is VERY VERY slow! My hunger is much more under control today. Thank goodness.

DH is in an interview with a state job today so I am anxiously awaiting news from him.

I am keeping my fingers crossed for your DH... it would be great to get a state job... the benefits must be awesome.

Well I have one class worth of tests to grade and a meeting during my prep period so I guess I had best sign off. I will try to chat with you the next time I manage to get the network to plug along faster than a terd of hurtles! aka a herd of turtles!

This web page drove me nuts yesterday.... Just as I was getting into multiposting....LOL... probably saved you all from a diatribe of nonsence Ha,ha.ha...

Good morning all. It is 1:15 in the morning and this is the third time I have tried to get on. Guess you got to get on when you can. Janet, my e-mail is kirajh@yahoo.com. Everyone, feel free to e-mail me any time. I love getting mail. The power struggle is still going on, but it is getting better. I am so tired, I can't think straight so, I'm gonna hit the sheets and hope this thing isn't slow tomorrow. SWEET DREAMS EVERYONE..............AND DON'T LET THE BEDBUGS BITE.

Kira, 1/15 in the morning!! Wow that's determination! I tried several times yesterday to post as I had the day off and was staying Webbed up so that I could keep my hands busy!!

:redface: Day #2 of recommittment... Exercise 25 mins. Cardio, cals 1009, Carbs 135 g, Fat 17 g, Pro 63 grams. Plus I emailed my daily totals to my Co-worker... for accountability! :hurt:

oh the scale moved a titch this morning.. down 1.6#'s

Hi,

Just a quick update as it's been a long day. . .the PS consult: MOST EMBARASING MOMENT OF MY LIFE--much worse than delivering a baby--i'd rather go to the dentist. I am a very modest person, and the thought of me standing naked while they're taking pics of my fat was more than I could take. OK, with that said, it sounds like my surgery will be much like Karri's. We'll see what the insurance says. I am still planning on M of A--come what may. I am hoping for late June/early July. The PS is not happy with that--he'd like me on maintenance for 3-6 months prior to surgery, but my window of opportunity is very narrow. Now I wait on the insurance and DH.

More later.

Have you got any pictures up on the Brag Page??? Candice

Good Morning - The site is still SLOW....

Candice - CONGRATULATION 1.6 LBS :thumbup: - Way to go :thumbup:

Karri - Hope he gets the State job - If I knew what I know now - I would have gone into a job that had a actual retirement plan - Heck I have been here 29 yrs - If I had a State or County job - I could be retiring...

Kari - Why are you up at 1:15 in the morning??? I understand the battle last night was one for me - I wanted sweets... Had some Cereal and then 100 snack pack cupcakes. Calories 1270 - not too bad

OK GANG I NEED CHEERING UP !!!!!!

The scales did not move this morning (weighin day)!!!!:cursing::cursing::scared2::crying::cursing::cursing:

Here are my excuses reasoning etc - Aunt Flo is still around - but it's not that bad - I do think I am retaining some Water ring isn't as loose as it usually is.

I know that I am being unreasonable - I know this !!!! I have lost 85lbs and this is only the 2nd week in 9 months that the scales haven't moved and they didn't move up - I know - I know - I know... I know these last 5 lbs are going to me harder than the 1st 85 - I just wanted to wake up this morning get on the scales and to have a 5 lbs loss - I just want to get to goal (sure glad I went back to my original goal :cursing: or I really would be depressed)

I am just being a cry baby boobie - but since you are my girls - I had to share my stupid thoughts, feelings and to show you all that I can be as OCD as our girls Karri & Jackie :lol::lol::lol: (girls you know this is all in good fun - just don't want you to think you are alone in you ocd - we all are ocd in some manner or another) As the saying goes - it's easier to give advice than to accept it - I know what I would be telling all of you if you had posted this post. I keep telling myself over and over again - it's ok - but am so afard that this is the begining of the end or the start of putting it all back on (see karri you are like your band mom - you got it honestly) ....

Ok - Move forward Janet... Bootstraps tugging.. tugging - ok they are up - I have put on my big girl panties and am dealing with this....

Jackie - You will be ok - you & DH now can do the wild thing in the living room - run around the house naked - all the things you can't do when the kids are home :lol::lol:

Well, lets see how long this takes to post. I am tempted to delete is cuz I am being so STUPID :thumbs_down: