Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky # Sevens- July 07 Bandsters

Evening Ladies. Just sitting here drinking my third bottle of Water for the day and just had to answer you guys.

Phyll - SNOW??? E-E-E-K. And I thought the weather here in Michigan was bad. It was 76 and very sunny today. Gotta tell you that I just love your emoticons. Where do you find them?

Stephanie - Egg Rolls. Love 'em. I found a recipe for egg rolls in a Richard Simmons cookbook and he suggests that you spray the egg rolls with butter Pam and bake them in the oven. It's the frying part that adds the calories, isn't it?

Janet - Guess I wasn't too far off with my definition of Peckish. Has to do with food. LOL I kind of like it though....PECKISH..

Bad Parent? Isn't that kind of hard to be when your kids are adults?? They have free will and so do you. They know right from wrong so don't mess with their heads. Tough love, all the way.

Well, gotta go check and see how the Red Wings are doing. They were winning one, zip last time I checked. Dh was just on the roof adjusting the antenna so he could get it in from Canada since we don't have cable.

GO WINGS..............................Oh yeah, don't forget your water. Talk to all of you tomorrow. Have a good evening.

Phyl

I agree I really don't have any temptations - it's all about choices aka trade offs - budgeting calories If I really really want something I will have a lower calorie version or just one serving not the whole darn thing.

Yesterday at the grocery store while bagging my food - they had these little sample packs of some kind of candy - Choc - the girl threw 3 of the little baggies in my bag - I just told her no thank you I don't want those and she took them out great NSV - plus I was tired hungry and I might have eaten them and I don't need them - I want my last 5 lbs gone

Yes that's right I changed my ticker back to 160 - I truly feel that that's going to be a good weight that I can live with and if I do go below so be it - icing on the cake - but for once in my life I want to get to goal and for my age I think its a good weight - I read an article that the majority of the women are 5'4 and weigh 164 lbs.. So I will be 4lbs less than the average - and size 10 ain't nothing to sneeze at either - was 18/20 in pant last July

Steph - Choice to eat 1 or 2 egg rolls and that's it - you will be full if you can even eat 2 - I could only eat 1/2 of one at the fair this yr.

Peaches - So I take it socialized/universal medicine isn't all that it's cracked up to be... You gotta wait 3 months for something -

Here in the states that can't turn you away at the ER if you are sick but after they fix you up then send you to the county hospital (medical/welfare)

Linda - Good choice !!! sounds good - I'm hungry

You are right about the grandkids - I will always take care of them..

Dinners tomorrow - It's me and my fur babies tonite

OH I ALMOST FORGOT... Got the results (well sort of ) of my blood test

I need FOLIATE ?? and get this my bad cholesterol was 100 it's now 121 WTF is that about - I am not eating 1/4 of the fat I use to eat.. My overall cholesterol is 175 but the bad has jumped?? Maybe it's the olive oil - prior to banding I used canola/corn oil blend - I just can't believe this - I am 85 lbs light but my bad cholesterol increases... and I exercise..

I guess I am going to have to try that steel oatmeal ???

My nutristionist is full of crap - The way she talked I needed to see pcp- I guess I need more spinach too - but i do eat but not every day.

Plus I had not fasted - I hadn't eaten but did have coffee w/sf Creamer and splenda that morning

Less than 100 mg/dL

Optimal

100 to 129 mg/dL

Near Optimal/ Above Optimal

130 to 159 mg/dL

Borderline High

160 to 189 mg/dL

High

190 mg/dL and above

Very High

Janet -Nutritionists are full of crap! You have all witnessed what I have gone through with mine. As for the cholesterol, it doesn't always have to do with your diet. In fact, a lot of times it doesnt have ANYTHING to do with your diet. Your body manufactures cholesterol and sometimes it just makes too much. As for the nutritionist, you lost the weight doing what is best for you...that is the samething that you are going to have to do to maintain the weight. As for changing back to 160, it made such a big difference for me. I didn't feel this pressure to get to a stupid number. If I keep losing, I keep losing, but I am also happy if I don't lose a single pound. My opinion is that if you keep adjusting your goal weight lower you will always kind of feel like a failure because you won't ever hit goal. Once you try and go into maintenance you are going to continue losing weight. As you can tell from my ticker, there is no magical way to just STOP! Though from personal advice you may want to hold off on the fill. But that is just my opinon.

Phyl - Okay I said I missed the rain...not the hail, freezing rain, and snow. We get that over here. I was driving home from Olympia (where my doc is) today and I got all of that and more! We are supposed to get snow all day tomorrow. I hope not...I really want to run the 5K. As for temptations, you are right...it is just a choice now.

Steph- THanks for the confidence in me. I am not worried that I will eat the WRONG foods. The band never helped me decide which foods to eat. I am not worried that I will stop exercising. The band never drove me to the gym and put my butt on that treadmill. I am afraid I will eat TOO MUCH food. But as I have said earlier I already have a plan to combat that. I just eat salad and salsa with every meal. I just change up the added veggies. I will add more veggies to my meals to help combat that. But again thanks to you and to everyone else here that has the confidence in me...it helps to build mine.

Alright I know there are a lot of people that I needed to respond to but I am exhausted and want to tell you about my unfill. I am a little pissed about one part of the situation.

So I got there this morning and the nurse I usually see got in a minor car accident on the way to work and called in sick. They had to call in a different nurse. That didn't bother me. I chatted with a few people in the waiting room, schooling some of them! But for the most part I actually had some good conversations with people in there. THen the nurse shows up and they have me go first and HOLY CRAP it hurt. I have A LOT of scar tissue around my port and it is difficult to get the needle in the port. So after having it slip off the scar tissue and go straight into my muscle I was in tears and so was the nurse. She felt so bad. Normally they don't give lidocaine, but she gave me some. Didn't really help much but after 15 minutes and 2 needles (the first one BENT!) we finally got the needle in the port. I was crying and nautious by this point and I have a VERY high tolerance for pain. But she looks at the chart and then looks at the syringe and says that is weird. She then looked at the x-ray tech in there and says I put 5cc's in the syringe to begin with right? And the tech says yes. THen she explained that they always have 2 people check the starting volume of the syringe in case so that they can verify when checking for a leak. I asked her what the problem was then. She said... your chart says that when you came in the last time for the partial unfill that you had 2.0cc's in your band and they dropped it to 1.7ccs. However today you have 2.2ccs in your band. I said well is it possible to have liquid diffuse INTO the band (knowing full well that it is NOT) and she said NO. She said that the other nurse must have accidentally put too much in. So in reality I was tighter than I was when I went in the last time! HOLY CRAP...No wonder I was in such agony and pbing. I was pissed off about this. I am not certain if the other nurse did it accidentally or not, but they need to be careful of these things. She was not happy that she had to do an unfill in the first place. She has band and things that people should be on the tighter side so they can get the most out of their band. Well excuse me...some of us want to eat more than a 1/4 cup of MUSHY food. Anyways I was able to eat soft foods today and for the first time since the end of March I ate with ZERO pain. It was heavenly.

Ok, I am going to go spend time with DH!

Janet -Nutritionists are full of crap! You have all witnessed what I have gone through with mine. As for the cholesterol, it doesn't always have to do with your diet. In fact, a lot of times it doesnt have ANYTHING to do with your diet. Your body manufactures cholesterol and sometimes it just makes too much. As for the nutritionist, you lost the weight doing what is best for you...that is the samething that you are going to have to do to maintain the weight.

As for changing back to 160, it made such a big difference for me. I didn't feel this pressure to get to a stupid number. If I keep losing, I keep losing, but I am also happy if I don't lose a single pound.

My opinion is that if you keep adjusting your goal weight lower you will always kind of feel like a failure because you won't ever hit goal. Once you try and go into maintenance you are going to continue losing weight. As you can tell from my ticker, there is no magical way to just STOP! Though from personal advice you may want to hold off on the fill. But that is just my opinon.

So I got there this morning and the nurse I usually see got in a minor car accident on the way to work and called in sick. They had to call in a different nurse. That didn't bother me. I chatted with a few people in the waiting room, schooling some of them! But for the most part I actually had some good conversations with people in there. THen the nurse shows up and they have me go first and HOLY CRAP it hurt. I have A LOT of scar tissue around my port and it is difficult to get the needle in the port. So after having it slip off the scar tissue and go straight into my muscle I was in tears and so was the nurse. She felt so bad. Normally they don't give lidocaine, but she gave me some. Didn't really help much but after 15 minutes and 2 needles (the first one BENT!) we finally got the needle in the port. I was crying and nautious by this point and I have a VERY high tolerance for pain. But she looks at the chart and then looks at the syringe and says that is weird. She then looked at the x-ray tech in there and says I put 5cc's in the syringe to begin with right? And the tech says yes. THen she explained that they always have 2 people check the starting volume of the syringe in case so that they can verify when checking for a leak. I asked her what the problem was then. She said... your chart says that when you came in the last time for the partial unfill that you had 2.0cc's in your band and they dropped it to 1.7ccs. However today you have 2.2ccs in your band. I said well is it possible to have liquid diffuse INTO the band (knowing full well that it is NOT) and she said NO. She said that the other nurse must have accidentally put too much in. So in reality I was tighter than I was when I went in the last time! HOLY CRAP...No wonder I was in such agony and pbing. I was pissed off about this. I am not certain if the other nurse did it accidentally or not, but they need to be careful of these things. She was not happy that she had to do an unfill in the first place. She has band and things that people should be on the tighter side so they can get the most out of their band. Well excuse me...some of us want to eat more than a 1/4 cup of MUSHY food. Anyways I was able to eat soft foods today and for the first time since the end of March I ate with ZERO pain. It was heavenly.

Karri

Glad you made it home safe & sound.

My doc does the fills and always give me lidocane first - but mine are blind fills...

I am glad to hear that you can now eat without pain.. Ya that's a bad mistake - did they note that in the file???

My cholesterol is 175 so I think the elevated bad one is about the creamer like I said it's not that bad and over all ok - so I am not freaking - I have never had a cholesterol problem before.

I don't think I need that fill - I think it was just the hormones talking.. I am able to eat a little more (full cup of veggies instead of 1/2 c) but that's no biggie - Veggies are free to me..

I agree about chasing a number - I the pressure was getting to me.

My opinion is that if you keep adjusting your goal weight lower you will always kind of feel like a failure because you won't ever hit goal - Yes this is how I was feeling - I want to get to goal for once in my lifetime:tongue: and with the whole saggy skin issue even if I lost the other 10 lbs - the skin would sag that much more.. I am sorta tired of the whole get on the scale issue - will it be a loss - I dread Thursday mornings sometimes.

I will still aways weight on Thursdays - but I won't be disappointed if it doesn't move - as long as it never goes above my 5 lb limit.

My original goal in July was 170 - and I changed that a while back like January - I really don't remember - but I really feel 160 is a good number - I am a normal 10 that's good - I look at myself and think who is that girl.

I am happy so 5 lbs and I will be good - and we agree - any extra - is good and great - icing on the cake...

Well, I made spinach for my folate vit I am lacking - so I better go eat

Will talk to you all later..

Phyl

I agree I really don't have any temptations - it's all about choices aka trade offs - budgeting calories If I really really want something I will have a lower calorie version or just one serving not the whole darn thing.

OH I ALMOST FORGOT... Got the results (well sort of ) of my blood test

I need FOLIATE ?? and get this my bad cholesterol was 100 it's now 121 WTF is that about - I am not eating 1/4 of the fat I use to eat.. My overall cholesterol is 175 but the bad has jumped?? Maybe it's the olive oil - prior to banding I used canola/corn oil blend - I just can't believe this - I am 85 lbs light but my bad cholesterol increases... and I exercise..

I guess I am going to have to try that steel oatmeal ???

My nutristionist is full of crap - The way she talked I needed to see pcp- I guess I need more spinach too - but i do eat but not every day. Plus I had not fasted - I hadn't eaten but did have coffee w/sf creamer and splenda that morning

Less than 100 mg/LdL --Optimal

100 to 129 mg/LdL--Near Optimal/ Above Optimal

130 to 159 mg/LdL--Borderline High

160 to 189 mg/LdL--High

190 mg/LdL and above--Very High

Yep... Choices and trade offs!!

Cholesterol thing is a puzzle!

Wonder why the LDL went up??

I got my results back today....

total cholesterol is 168,

LDL 99, HDL 43 and Triglycerides 96.

Not bad,

but I'd like to see some improvement in the HDL/LDL. As your chart shows... optimal LDL, less than 100 and mine is just barely. For women, optimal HDL 50+ and mine is at 43. Not sure what the Cholesterol/HDL ratio random is, but mine is 3.91. Anyone know what that should be??

Janet -Nutritionists are full of crap! You have all witnessed what I have gone through with mine. As for the cholesterol, it doesn't always have to do with your diet. In fact, a lot of times it doesnt have ANYTHING to do with your diet. Your body manufactures cholesterol and sometimes it just makes too much. As for the nutritionist, you lost the weight doing what is best for you...that is the same thing that you are going to have to do to maintain the weight. As for changing back to 160, it made such a big difference for me. I didn't feel this pressure to get to a stupid number. If I keep losing, I keep losing, but I am also happy if I don't lose a single pound. My opinion is that if you keep adjusting your goal weight lower you will always kind of feel like a failure because you won't ever hit goal. Once you try and go into maintenance you are going to continue losing weight. As you can tell from my ticker, there is no magical way to just STOP! Though from personal advice you may want to hold off on the fill. But that is just my opinon.

Phyl - Okay I said I missed the rain...not the hail, freezing rain, and snow. We get that over here. I was driving home from Olympia (where my doc is) today and I got all of that and more! We are supposed to get snow all day tomorrow. I hope not...I really want to run the 5K. As for temptations, you are right...it is just a choice now.

Alright I know there are a lot of people that I needed to respond to but I am exhausted and want to tell you about my unfill. I am a little pissed about one part of the situation.

The snow got worse before it got better. And we still have tomorrow to deal with, which they originally said would be worse than today, but we'll see. They're never right anyway!! DD had 4-5 inches on the ground... 8 miles from where we live but slightly higher elevation. I got lots more pictures and may post another tomorrow. Tomorrow we're supposed to get thunderstorms mixed in with the rest of the mess!!

Not a good day to travel to Olympia, Karri!!

So sorry your fill was such a bummer! Frustrating that they screwed it up last time!! Unforgiveable, really!! They always give me Lidocaine before they start and I don't feel anything but the pushing and probing! My P.A. used the same excuse.... scar tissue in the way. I felt the needle slip off one time, but it was just like a thump.. not painful.

Janet -Nutritionists are full of crap! You have all witnessed what I have gone through with mine. As for the cholesterol, it doesn't always have to do with your diet. In fact, a lot of times it doesnt have ANYTHING to do with your diet. Your body manufactures cholesterol and sometimes it just makes too much. As for the nutritionist, you lost the weight doing what is best for you...that is the samething that you are going to have to do to maintain the weight. As for changing back to 160, it made such a big difference for me. I didn't feel this pressure to get to a stupid number. If I keep losing, I keep losing, but I am also happy if I don't lose a single pound. My opinion is that if you keep adjusting your goal weight lower you will always kind of feel like a failure because you won't ever hit goal. Once you try and go into maintenance you are going to continue losing weight. As you can tell from my ticker, there is no magical way to just STOP! Though from personal advice you may want to hold off on the fill. But that is just my opinon.

Steph- THanks for the confidence in me. I am not worried that I will eat the WRONG foods. The band never helped me decide which foods to eat. I am not worried that I will stop exercising. The band never drove me to the gym and put my butt on that treadmill. I am afraid I will eat TOO MUCH food. But as I have said earlier I already have a plan to combat that. I just eat salad and salsa with every meal. I just change up the added veggies. I will add more veggies to my meals to help combat that. But again thanks to you and to everyone else here that has the confidence in me...it helps to build mine.

Karri; Oh my the fill from hell. Sorry it was such an uncomfortable event. And you have made the best decision for yOU. Mushy food is not what life is meant to be about.. Your w/l is great and you'll do fine.

Janet; You are right, our Universal Healthcare is far from perfect. I have just had a bad week with it. But I am glad that we have a system where everyone IS included and don't have enormous premiums to pay. But then again, the cost is built into our taxes somewhere... the money dosn't grow on trees LOL...

Has everyone been counting/tracking calories with an online feature? What sites does everyone use???

o.k. confession time....

I do not get how to use the MULTI-QUOTE button feature....

Can somebody clue me in????

Thx

Janet; You are right, our Universal Healthcare is far from perfect. I have just had a bad week with it. But I am glad that we have a system where everyone IS included and don't have enormous premiums to pay. But then again, the cost is built into our taxes somewhere... the money dosn't grow on trees LOL...

Has everyone been counting/tracking calories with an online feature? What sites does everyone use???

Peaches - Good Morning you and I are the only ones up so far - well at least on the computer:tongue:

Fitday.com is good- then there is calorieking and sparkspeople??

I have used fit day but I was given a book when I started (calorie king) between that and my food scale (it tells me calories & Protein grms etc) that's what I use along with reading labels - If I go out to lunch or dinner I will google what I ate we will say from Togo's and I usually can find the calories that way - I have a little book that I carry with me and jot down what I ate calories & Protein.< /p>

Since I eat mostly the same thing every day - I don't have to look up too much - after doing this for 9 months I have gotten pretty good at guesstimating my calories.

I have had other people tell me they didn't get banded to count calories or weigh & measure food but I think it's a great learning tool - since us fat chicks seem to under-estimate - or don't know how many calories are and a servicing and most importantly what a serving size really is - Exercise - omw I walk for an hour and burn anywhere from 350 to 400 calories depending on my incline - that's not very much ihmo for all that work - it should be 1000 calories burn - that the thinking of a fat chick..

I have a lady I work with who is thin - I asked her once how she stayed that way - she said that when she has put on a little weight and wants to lose it she eats 1000 calories a day and writes everything do.

It has been proved that people who track their calories do better than people who don't - It's not difficult at all

Will I do this forever - I don't know - but 9 months out I still am - I guess I will until I get to goal and am able to maintain.

Question for you on the Universal health care - Did it cover your lap band?

In a way we have it but only for emergency - they can't turn you away but us tax payer are truly paying for those who don't

I believe we (the States) need some kind of system so that everyone can go to the doctor - example my x had a heart attack - he is on disability and can't afford his meds - can't get assistance cuz he owns a house - his house payment is like $350 - come on they want you to sell your house and then pay $1000 rent somewhere the money you got from selling your house would then be used to pay your new higher living expenses.

It is a very complicated problem - And I sure and the hell don't know the answer - but some people do need help and being the conservative liberal that I am - I hate seeing people suffer - Not everyone in this world is going to have high paying jobs with insurance - we do have ppl who only make min wage and heck that's not enough to live on - they are working trying to raise a family - My soap box - I guess I will step down :cry_smile:

o.k. confession time....

I do not get how to use the MULTI-QUOTE button feature....

Can somebody clue me in????

Thx

Candice

Example

You want to quote Karri - Phyl - Me this is what you do

On Karri's you hit multi quote - On Phyls you hit multi quote on mine you hit quote

They will all pop up in your reply box then you go in-between and type your replys -

o.k. Janet, I'll try it.

HEALTHCARE: You sound like me when it comes to Politics and supporting people in need. I feel that it is everyones right to adaquate healthcare and everyone should get it. What your x=hubby is going thru should not happen. In Canada, you don't have to sell your house to pay for hospital costs. But there are some user fees... for example my Mom is sent by ambulance to Hospital.. because she is over 65 she only pays $45 a trip. But if I were to call for an ambulance for myself its $240... but once I am at the hospital all charges are paid for, ie Cat scan, drugs, doctors, anethesiologist, cardiologist whatever plus blood tests etc.

Now about the calorie counting thing. Yes I agree that you should track what you do. I am always quite good right after a fill then in a week or so I slide and stop tracking... when I am not tracking... oh my I don't make the best choices...

I did buy some POLLOCK fish yest. and I am going to cook some toniight.. Its the after supper time that I have trouble... If I could just tie my hands behind by back and wire my jaw shut until bedtime.... I know I sound like such a whinner and (I hate that)

I started off on this journey last July with the best motivation...

Having trouble staying possitive, and on the right track

dont think its working for me

Forgot to answer your question... For non=essential surgury, ie Cosmetic or Lapband I have to PAY>

My lapband was $16k

I had breast reduction and liposuction on my thighs qute a few years ago... now the Breast Reduction was covered for free because it was "medically necessary" however the thigh Lipo was concidered "cosmetic" and not medically necessary so I paid the difference of $1500 to the surgeon for that. But hospital stay, drugs, anesthetic was already going to be included in NECESSARY so I figured what the heck I'd get both done at the same time

Edited by peaches9
dah

I'm here too this morning--just lurking, I guess. I don't have much to add--just refreshing between doing other things.

On the health care topic, there are programs sponsored by the drug companies that provide meds to ppl. that can't afford them. Janet--Your ex could try that. The problem is owning a home--I guess they feel that some ppl have equity in the house and/or other assets that could be tapped into to purchase meds.

I think we would be shocked at how much our taxes would GO UP if we had to subsidize health care. Americans have an entitlement mentality that is way beyond what we can afford. I see this a lot at the free clinic that I volunteer in. A lot of ppl feel entitled to things that they don't really NEED. For example, a woman came in demanding a medication to clear up a fungal infection in her toe nails that she got from having pedicures. Now, the medication costs, I don't know, something like $100/month, and you have to take it for at leat 6 months. She didn't get it, and was upset. But when you look at it from the clinic's perspective, we have limited resources too, and the diabetics need their insulin and test strips much more than she needed the anti-fungal medication. I mean, sure, her toenails looked bad, but she's not going to die from it. Again, if she has the wherewithall to be getting pedicures, she probably can afford to purchase the medication. It's all about choices. I guess my point is that people will always be dissatisfied with whatever kind of health care system because there will always be things that people want and can't afford.

The bigger problem in the US, IMHO, are the lawyers who encourage law suits which raise the cost of malpractice which raises the costs of health care, and greedy health care administrators.

Well, for not having much to say, I sure got on my soapbox! Stepping down now.

Wow...Deep conversations this morning. I am too dissappointed to weigh in though. Because of the weather concerns here they moved my 5K run to next weekend. Poopy! But it gives me another week to train for it! Positive thinking!

On a different note I lost another 2 pounds this week. See Janet you don't stop losing weight just cause you try to go onto maintenance. I averaged around 1300 calories last week, BUT I worked out 5 days. So if I am working out that much I definetly have to hit at least 1500 calories. As for counting calories, I still do and I am on maintenance. For me it is just is a good way for me to be accountable. I totally agree that people WAY underestimate the amount of calories in foods. Right now if I was trying to go into maintenance without counting calories I would be totally sunk. And I never once dieted throughout this entire journey (well except for 1 week when I did Atkins when I was unfilled in Dec). I never told myself that I could NEVER have anything, I just chose not to have it most of the time. In the last 8 months I had cake, cheesecake, cream sauces, pie, cookies...just in VERY small amounts with a lot of time between them. That is not allowed on ANY diet.

Well since we are not going on the run, we are going to go play some tennis instead. BTW the weather here is cold, but gorgeous. It is sunny, sunny, sunny, and 13 degrees! SO much for their snow that they called for and cancelled the race over!

o.k. Janet, I'll try it.

HEALTHCARE: You sound like me when it comes to Politics and supporting people in need. I feel that it is everyones right to adaquate healthcare and everyone should get it. What your x=hubby is going thru should not happen. In Canada, you don't have to sell your house to pay for hospital costs. But there are some user fees... for example my Mom is sent by ambulance to Hospital.. because she is over 65 she only pays $45 a trip. But if I were to call for an ambulance for myself its $240... but once I am at the hospital all charges are paid for, ie Cat scan, drugs, doctors, anethesiologist, cardiologist whatever plus blood tests etc.

Now about the calorie counting thing. Yes I agree that you should track what you do. I am always quite good right after a fill then in a week or so I slide and stop tracking... when I am not tracking... oh my I don't make the best choices...

I did buy some POLLOCK fish yest. and I am going to cook some toniight.. Its the after supper time that I have trouble... If I could just tie my hands behind by back and wire my jaw shut until bedtime.... I know I sound like such a whinner and (I hate that)

I started off on this journey last July with the best motivation...

Having trouble staying possitive, and on the right track

dont think its working for me

Forgot to answer your question... For non=essential surgury, ie Cosmetic or Lap Band I have to PAY>

My Lap Band was $16k

I had breast reduction and liposuction on my thighs qute a few years ago... now the Breast Reduction was covered for free because it was "medically necessary" however the thigh Lipo was concidered "cosmetic" and not medically necessary so I paid the difference of $1500 to the surgeon for that. But hospital stay, drugs, anesthetic was already going to be included in NECESSARY so I figured what the heck I'd get both done at the same time

Peaches - When you click on multi quote it should turn colors the white words turn green - then on the last person you want to quote you hit quote

Suggestion on nite time eating - I am totally with you on that one - I still do it - but now the calories are budgeted to cover those Snacks - for the most part I eat light during the day (usually don't have Snacks between Breakfast & lunch & lunch & dinner ) I have my dinner then popcorn 95% of the time - or fruit - cant wait until we get some USA watermelon that's good - fudgecicle or pudding - or some lite pringles with lite sour cream

Truly just like an addict once I start eating - I can't stop - last night I had about 3 oz of fish only 1/4 c rice 1/4 c spinach - I was full - but kept trying to eat one more bite - finally said this is stupid - so I thru the leftovers out so I couldn't keep trying to take that one more bite. It's that whole clean plate club that we were brought up with..

Last night got up at 1 (gs was coming in) took the dogs out got a 1/2 banana and pb - wasn't really hungry (habit) ate too fast and you all know what happen then:eek:

Just buy low calorie foods and don't keep the junk in the house then you can't eat it - hows the restriction going. The reason I have my little book is that it's with my 24/7 and I don't have to log on to the computer to count.

I'm here too this morning--just lurking, I guess. I don't have much to add--just refreshing between doing other things.

On the health care topic, there are programs sponsored by the drug companies that provide meds to ppl. that can't afford them. Janet--Your ex could try that. The problem is owning a home--I guess they feel that some ppl have equity in the house and/or other assets that could be tapped into to purchase meds.

I think we would be shocked at how much our taxes would GO UP if we had to subsidize health care. Americans have an entitlement mentality that is way beyond what we can afford. I see this a lot at the free clinic that I volunteer in. A lot of ppl feel entitled to things that they don't really NEED. For example, a woman came in demanding a medication to clear up a fungal infection in her toe nails that she got from having pedicures. Now, the medication costs, I don't know, something like $100/month, and you have to take it for at leat 6 months. She didn't get it, and was upset. But when you look at it from the clinic's perspective, we have limited resources too, and the diabetics need their insulin and test strips much more than she needed the anti-fungal medication. I mean, sure, her toenails looked bad, but she's not going to die from it. Again, if she has the wherewithall to be getting pedicures, she probably can afford to purchase the medication. It's all about choices. I guess my point is that people will always be dissatisfied with whatever kind of health care system because there will always be things that people want and can't afford.

The bigger problem in the US, IMHO, are the lawyers who encourage law suits which raise the cost of malpractice which raises the costs of health care, and greedy health care administrators.

Well, for not having much to say, I sure got on my soapbox! Stepping down now.

Linda you have valid points that I totally agree with - that's why I say it's such a complicated subject and there are no easy answers - You are right about the malpractice for doc and the drug companies - is a big part of the reason everything cost so much.

Wow...Deep conversations this morning. I am too dissappointed to weigh in though. Because of the weather concerns here they moved my 5K run to next weekend. Poopy! But it gives me another week to train for it! Positive thinking!

On a different note I lost another 2 pounds this week. See Janet you don't stop losing weight just cause you try to go onto maintenance. I averaged around 1300 calories last week, BUT I worked out 5 days. So if I am working out that much I definetly have to hit at least 1500 calories. As for counting calories, I still do and I am on maintenance. For me it is just is a good way for me to be accountable. I totally agree that people WAY underestimate the amount of calories in foods. Right now if I was trying to go into maintenance without counting calories I would be totally sunk. And I never once dieted throughout this entire journey (well except for 1 week when I did Atkins when I was unfilled in Dec). I never told myself that I could NEVER have anything, I just chose not to have it most of the time. In the last 8 months I had cake, cheesecake, cream sauces, pie, cookies...just in VERY small amounts with a lot of time between them. That is not allowed on ANY diet.

Well since we are not going on the run, we are going to go play some tennis instead. BTW the weather here is cold, but gorgeous. It is sunny, sunny, sunny, and 13 degrees! SO much for their snow that they called for and cancelled the race over!

Karri - Sorry that your race was cancelled:frown: - 13 degrees :angry: It's 71 right now suppose to get into the 80s :tongue: with some winds..

Well did my 3 miles - burned 425 calories had my incline up to an 8 :biggrin: and know what in the beginning after 2 miles i was soaking wet down past the collar of my tshirt - now my head still sweats but not as bad as it did 9 months ago...

Ruby yesterday got my Water in - just finished by 1st for the day - 3 more to go..

Well i need to get my butt in gear - nails - tanning - bday shopping and something else - I always think during the week that on the weekend i need to do this or that - and then when the weekend comes I forget..

I guess I need to have a page in my food diary to log the stuff I want to do then on Sat mornings I can read it and see what I had planned :crying: