Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky # Sevens- July 07 Bandsters

WAY TO GO, KARRI!!!! 5K.....Wow. The only way I could do that is the same way I sing. In my dreams. Oh, to be young again. I tried the eliptical when I was in Florida. I made it about 55 seconds till my back gave out on me. It seemed easy, but the PAIN.......How do you make noodleless lasagna? I love italian food. I should have italian relatives instead of german ones.

I need some help with sizes. I've worn a size 2X or a 22 like forever (it seems) When I was looking on line last night, it said that a 2X was size 26-28 (used to be 22-24) and a 1X was 22-24. So what size should I buy?

GOTTA GO GET SOME MORE Water. HAVE A GOOD DAY AND MAKE GOOD FOOD CHOICES. TTYL

wHAT IS REP POWER? IT IS UNDER OUR SIGN IN NAMES ON THE LEFT. WE ALL HAVE ONE EXCEPT FOR JANET AND SHE HAS THREE.

Stephanie - you are doing fantastic!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Karri - I am pretty sure I can run all the way to my mailbox.

I just called the PS nurse to make an appointment for my breast reduction and I couldn't remember my freakin cell phone number. I couldn't figure it out, called DH no answer, called DD no answer, my secretary wasn't in here, after 15mins. I finally figured it out.

If the PS won't do a Tummy Tuck at the same time maybe I can get him to Lipo my love handles. At my smallest, I've always had love handles.

:thumbup: I LOATH THEM!! ALWAYS HAVE, ALWAYS WILL:cursing:

I just sneezed, and the chick in my office didn't say bless you, HOW RUDE!

Good Morning Gang

----------------------------------------------

Today is my 9 month Band Anniversary

:thumbup: 85 POUNDS GONE :smile:

---------------------------------------------

I am feeling GREAT THIS MORNING !!!!

Karri

Love it ! -Nothing wrong with being a cry baby boobie :tongue2: like me :biggrin2:

Shows that you have a heart - and now that all that fat is gone our emotions can now come shining through :tongue: Our fat was a barrier between us and the world - our armour...

I think if you do a marathon we will all have to come to cheer you on :tt1:

I love the receipt (making it lower calorie) idea - I am a good cook but my problem is I don't measure (well sort of but not to the 10th degree) or time - I just cook - I am in need of some new ideas - as I still love my fish but sometimes want something else - we need some low calorie comfort food receipts. Cuz we all have times that we need that comfort foods - but want to stay within our calorie budget.

Phyl

Thankfully the hormone issue is at bay this morning :lol: Ya me wanting a man - not really - it's just so nice to have a nice man complement you(well truly this guy has to be right 24/7 and is more contrarer than me - I really would hate to be his GF).

It's so great to donate your old clothes to someone else !!!! and to think never again - great motivator...

Ya now you have a big fridge and can buy what you want :biggrin:

Water - Per my Doc 64 ounces - I am sipping my 1st bottle as I type :lol:

Kristen - Don't think right now I will get that fill - last night I was full on my 1 cup one pot wonder and 1 snack pack bag of popcorn. I think it was the hormones making me want to snack

Kari - Size it depend on the store - Sometimes a 2x would fit - then sometimes I would get 3x cuz I don't like tight clothes - Also depends on the cut of the item - is it meant to be loose or form fitting - it loose I would size down - tight i size up. But with your loss I would say you would be a 1x - maybe even an XL

Ok I gotta get some stuff done - Will ck back later..

64 oz of Water & Good Food Choices !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

wHAT IS REP POWER? IT IS UNDER OUR SIGN IN NAMES ON THE LEFT. WE ALL HAVE ONE EXCEPT FOR JANET AND SHE HAS THREE.

I have asked about this and this is what I found out.

See the green dot that shows you are online - and the scales next to it - if you click on those scales (to us older ones it looks like clouds :thumbup:)

You can vote that you found the post very good - so that person gets points - I guess they had it - then disconitued it - and in redesigning the website it came back - they were going to take it off but Alex said that he wanted to keep it (Alex is the owner of this website).

So when you click on your own - it tells you how many people have thought your post was inspirational.. When I clicked on mine last nite it had 10 ..

Stephanie - you are doing fantastic!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Karri - I am pretty sure I can run all the way to my mailbox.

I just called the PS nurse to make an appointment for my breast reduction and I couldn't remember my freakin cell phone number. I couldn't figure it out, called DH no answer, called DD no answer, my secretary wasn't in here, after 15mins. I finally figured it out.

If the PS won't do a Tummy Tuck at the same time maybe I can get him to Lipo my love handles. At my smallest, I've always had love handles.

:thumbup: I LOATH THEM!! ALWAYS HAVE, ALWAYS WILL:cursing:

DENISE - GOD BLESS YOU !!!!!!

Good morning everyone! DH fixed my D key!!! then my C key went to pot but he got whatever was sticking out! Computer back to normal.

Yesterday I finally broke down and went to daily plate.com to start logging my food and exercise. I decided that my "about" wasn't going to cut it. I still am not going to "measure" everything but I'm pretty good about portions sizes. I measure it once and then go by what I see the next time. Like last night I measured the Cereal but now I know what it looks like.

Oh, btw, I found this great cereal! I bought it for DS because he loves polar bears but found I really like it. It's called Wild Animal crunch. It has pics of polar bears or lemurs or pandas on the front. It has something to do with Animal Planet. Great green box. Well 3/4 of a cup has only 100 calories. With skim milk that makes a great snack! The sugars weren't super high and the Fiber is there also. I can't snack on the same thing every day so I have a little of this and a little of that at home. Oh, and Protein ends up about 4g.

Our Water cooler is out of water and if I drink water in this town AND my town it causes problems with my digestive system....so during my prep I have to go to the store and buy some water. Dangit!!! I'm going to walk though so that will give me about a 1/2 mile before lunch.< /p>

Taco salad for lunch today. Haven't tried to do lettuce since last fill and that has been an iffy food for me. The other foods are cinnamon rolls and canned peaches so I sure do hope the salad goes well. I do have a couple of Protein Shakes in my desk so if they don't I have something, it just doesn't last like I want it to.

Okay....gotta run. I will type to each of you later....things I want to say to you all. Don't forget your water!!!:thumbup::thumbup:

I need some help with sizes. I've worn a size 2X or a 22 like forever (it seems) When I was looking on line last night, it said that a 2X was size 26-28 (used to be 22-24) and a 1X was 22-24. So what size should I buy?

Seems to depend on the store and the brand,

and it seems to me a lot of manufacturers have totally changed their sizes in the last year.

I've bought a lot of JMS clothes..

I think 3X was 26-28 in JMS, too, and now that is 4X! It's too confusing!

I was guessing it had to do with

how many times you posted,

but I just read what Janet found out about it.

Good Morning Gang

----------------------------------------------

Today is my 9 month Band Anniversary

:thumbup: 85 POUNDS GONE :smile:

---------------------------------------------

I am feeling GREAT THIS MORNING !!!!

Phyl

Thankfully the hormone issue is at bay this morning :biggrin: Ya me wanting a man - not really - it's just so nice to have a nice man complement you(well truly this guy has to be right 24/7 and is more contrarer than me - I really would hate to be his GF).

It's so great to donate your old clothes to someone else !!!! and to think never again - great motivator...

Ya now you have a big fridge and can buy what you want :tt1:

Water - Per my Doc 64 ounces - I am sipping my 1st bottle as I type :tongue2:

64 oz of Water & Good food Choices !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CONGRATULATIONS!!

I totally forgot my aniversary is coming up, too!!

Glad you're feeling better today.

Hormones are not a bad thing even though

they can play havoc with our emotions.

Well, it's not exactly a BIG fridge,

but certainly bigger than the RV fridge!

First time I used my new water bottle

it erupted on me,

but now I have it figured out and

I think I'm going to like it.

It's a Rubbermaid 20 oz bottle with a pop up straw...

so I have to empty it at least 3X a day.

If you fill it up with cold liquid

and then let it sit at room temperature,

the liquid rises up the straw and

pressure builds up as it warms up.

So I have to make sure I

pay attention to how far up the straw

the liquid has come.

If its near the top,

I have to loosen the lid and

pop the straw up to release the pressure

and then it won't

"ERUPT"!

My old one was like that, too, so I should have known this one would work the same way.

But, enough of this trivia!

My new water bottle....

my incentive for DRINKING!!

GOD BLESS YOU, DENISE!!

MY SMILEY'S ARE LOST!

Here's something that sounds good.... just leave out the spaghetti or substitute something else.

Ingredients:

1 3/4 cups Swanson® chicken broth (regular, Natural Goodness™ or Certified Organic)

1 tsp. garlic powder

2 cans (about 14 1/2 ounces each) diced tomatoes with Italian herbs

12 oz. mushrooms, cut in half (about 4 cups)

2 large onions, chopped (about 2 cups)

3 lb. chicken parts, skin removed

Hot cooked spaghetti

Directions:

Mix the broth, garlic powder, tomatoes, mushrooms and onions in a 3 1/2-quart slow cooker. Add the chicken and turn to coat.

Cover and cook on LOW for 7 to 8 hours* or until the chicken is cooked through. Serve with the spaghetti.

*Or on HIGH for 4 to 5 hours.

For thicker sauce, mix 2 tablespoons of cornstarch and 2 tablespoons of Water in a small bowl. Remove the chicken from the cooker. Stir the cornstarch mixture into the cooker. Turn the heat to HIGH. Cover and cook for 10 minutes or until the mixture boils and thickens.

Serves 6.

Here's something that sounds good.... just leave out the spaghetti or substitute something else.

Ingredients:

1 3/4 cups Swanson® chicken broth (regular, Natural Goodness™ or Certified Organic)

1 tsp. garlic powder

2 cans (about 14 1/2 ounces each) diced tomatoes with Italian herbs

12 oz. mushrooms, cut in half (about 4 cups)

2 large onions, chopped (about 2 cups)

3 lb. chicken parts, skin removed

Hot cooked spaghetti

Directions:

Mixthe broth, garlic powder, tomatoes, mushrooms and onions in a 3 1/2-quart slow cooker. Add the chicken and turn to coat.

Coverand cook on LOW for 7 to 8 hours* or until the chicken is cooked through. Serve with the spaghetti.

*Oron HIGH for 4 to 5 hours.

Forthicker sauce, mix 2 tablespoons of cornstarch and 2 tablespoons of Water in a small bowl. Remove the chicken from the cooker. Stir the cornstarch mixture into the cooker. Turn the heat to HIGH. Cover and cook for 10 minutes or until the mixture boils and thickens.

Serves 6.

I cook something similar in my electric pressure cooker. I usually make it with rotinni for the family but then just eat the chicken and mushrooms. I do the same with meatballs and have been thinking about pork. Very tasty and when done in the pressure cooker, very very moist. I'll have to try the cornstarch trick. it makes complete sense but never thought about it.

Maybe we'll do this for dinner tonight. hmmmm....now I don't even have to think when I get home!:tt1:

Thanks Phyll

Janet you are not the only one that left the gym crying tonight...and I am still crying. Not from pain, not from sadness...but simply tears of amazement and joy. I actually did it. I ran 5K tonight (3.1 miles) I walked for .25 miles to warm up and then ran an additional 3.1 miles. I still can't believe it. This coming from the girl who NEVER finished the mile in gym class, who never even took PE in high school. 3 months ago I could barely run a mile and was so excited when I hit that milestone. Now I am running 3.1 miles. There are really NO words to describe how I feel right now.

Tonight was weights night as well but I kind of hurried through that so that I could come and share with you all, because I am just over the edge thrilled. So what if the BMI chart says I am still fat...who cares that the scale doesn't say skinny...I freaking RAN 3.1 miles...that is better than anything. Certainly better that any deep fried, sugar coated, butter filled, food (can you tell I watched Paula Deen tonight!). This honestly is the greatest feeling that I have had since I graduated college!

Okay enough sentimentality. I need to take a shower and get ready for bed! Might check back in later. If not take care all.

Phyll- glad to hear you made it home safe! I wish I was where you are. I miss the rain and the Western Washington weather, landscape and PEOPLE!

Dear Karri, that is worth shedding a few tears over. It is a tremendous conquest. YOU are going to rub off on me if I keep coming here to read the inspirational stories.

My fill is noticable now, I can feel a tad of restirction. Although I still need to work on better food choices...

I did get some excersise today! I went outside and raked my back gardens. To get the oak leaves off. The ice is starting to melt away and the crocus's and hyacenths are just starting to poke their tiny heads up... YEAH! Spring is finally arriving.

My Doggies were loving the sunshine too, and were bathing in the SUN when not chasing the rake and biting it and barking....:tt1:

News on my Mom is a bit more positive today. Yesterday I spent the day fighting with her PCP (your term) who decided (All by herself) to cancel my Mothers Heart test to determine if she'd be a candidate for Angioplasty or Bypass surg. Anyways, misteriously 2 previous Nuclear Imaging tests were cancelled, with NO explanation to me or my Mother. I was so pissed you can't begin to know how mad I was.

So I reamed the PCP out and told her my MOther wants EVERYTHING possible to be done to test her heart and then GET whatever treatment is out there so that she can enjoy a better quality of life.

Currently, she is on oxygen 24/7 and can't walk (with her walker) anymore than 3 yards before she has to sit and rest. Who would want to settle for life like that?

I had a heart to heart with my MOM and asked her if there was a 50/50 chance that these tests could kill you, but possibly make your life better what do you want to do. I'll fight for her to the death, but there's no point if she dosn't want to take the risks.

Sorry to splieckt this all out here, but I've been just inside out with worry.

Okay I am headed off to become unfilled. Now this is 100% up to me. I don't have the band to help me my2%. I am going in with nothing but postive thoughts that I will do wonderfully with all the support I have here and at home.

Good news, DH got the new job and starts on Monday. It will be rough for a couple of weeks as he will work both jobs. 4AM -9AM the 1PM- 10PM. Good thing he doesn't need a lot of sleep!

Alright I will be home tomorrow and then I am going to run a 5K race on Saturday. There is a free one happening this weekend here in town to Celebrate the opening of the new highway bypass that is going through. We will run the re-route on Saturday and then it opens to traffic on Monday!

Have a good day!

Dear Karri, that is worth shedding a few tears over. It is a tremendous conquest. YOU are going to rub off on me if I keep coming here to read the inspirational stories.

My fill is noticable now, I can feel a tad of restirction. Although I still need to work on better food choices...

I did get some excersise today! I went outside and raked my back gardens. To get the oak leaves off. The ice is starting to melt away and the crocus's and hyacenths are just starting to poke their tiny heads up... YEAH! Spring is finally arriving.

My Doggies were loving the sunshine too, and were bathing in the SUN when not chasing the rake and biting it and barking....:lol:

News on my Mom is a bit more positive today. Yesterday I spent the day fighting with her PCP (your term) who decided (All by herself) to cancel my Mothers Heart test to determine if she'd be a candidate for Angioplasty or Bypass surg. Anyways, misteriously 2 previous Nuclear Imaging tests were cancelled, with NO explanation to me or my Mother. I was so pissed you can't begin to know how mad I was.

So I reamed the PCP out and told her my MOther wants EVERYTHING possible to be done to test her heart and then GET whatever treatment is out there so that she can enjoy a better quality of life.

Currently, she is on oxygen 24/7 and can't walk (with her walker) anymore than 3 yards before she has to sit and rest. Who would want to settle for life like that?

I had a heart to heart with my MOM and asked her if there was a 50/50 chance that these tests could kill you, but possibly make your life better what do you want to do. I'll fight for her to the death, but there's no point if she dosn't want to take the risks.

Sorry to splieckt this all out here, but I've been just inside out with worry.

Peaches - Hugs - Hugs - Hugs - I know how are these things are...

I wish I could do more than cyber hugs - but know you and your family are in my prayers ..

I am glad you are getting a little spring - I guess I take our weather for granted - but my summers are comparable to your winters just the opposite :)

Okay I am headed off to become unfilled. Now this is 100% up to me. I don't have the band to help me my2%. I am going in with nothing but postive thoughts that I will do wonderfully with all the support I have here and at home.

Good news, DH got the new job and starts on Monday. It will be rough for a couple of weeks as he will work both jobs. 4AM -9AM the 1PM- 10PM. Good thing he doesn't need a lot of sleep!

Alright I will be home tomorrow and then I am going to run a 5K race on Saturday. There is a free one happening this weekend here in town to Celebrate the opening of the new highway bypass that is going through. We will run the re-route on Saturday and then it opens to traffic on Monday!

Have a good day!

Karr - Congrats on DH getting the new job - Yes we will be here for you always - YOU GO GIRL on that 5K race OMW how far you have come...

Again Proud of you ...

Ok I see it's been a slow nite - I am PISSED:cursing: -my son called asked me to p/u Baby GD and at 7 he never shows up - So I had to go p/u other GD at friends house and take them home - I didn't get to go exercise - I was dressed and walking out the door when he called. I AM PISSED OFF:cursing:..

Well tonites menu - baked cat fish (4oz) topped with Parmesan cheese - 1/2 c rice & squash..

OH Ya Ruby AKA Water Police - I had 4 bottles of Water today :tt2:

I bet not too many people know what peckish is :D but I do - I have a cousin from England and they use that word.

Well hope everyone had a good evening - I am going to go put p.J's on and see whats on TV while I wait for the fish to cook.

Sweet Dreams - TTYT

Good evening guys. What a night!! I'm finally sitting down and it's almost 10pm. Just finished adding in all my food to dailyplate. With the 45 minutes of walking I'm 200 calories below my limit!!! Wow what an eye opener. I mean I did know that exercise was important but doing both of these things together (daily plate AND exercising) is really opening my eyes.

Walked for another couple of miles tonight. I was so proud of me. With stress at home I wanted to bag it but wouldn't let myself. I got out there and did it anyways. go me!!!!

Karri!!! You're doing a 5k on saturday??? Awesome!!! I'm so excited for you. Can you imagine thinking you would be doing that even 6 months ago? I can't even think about me doing something like that any time soon. But hopefully within a year I'll be doing the same.

Janet, I would be super pissed off too. I hate it when people take advantage. It doesn't matter if it's family or if it's someone I hardly know. It is rude!!

My Water intake is short about 8 oz but don't want to drink before bed or I'll never sleep up peeing all night. I have enough liquid but not enough Water. I'm trying Janet's idea of only counting true water. I got 3 1/2 bottles....but wish it would have been 4. Oh well.

Hope you all have a great day tomorrow. I'll talk to you later.

The site looks different again. Where is "My Account"?? I can't find my list of subscribed threads! Frustrating!

DD invited us to a concert tonight...

Christian Contemporary...

Newsboys!

It was LOUD!!

My ears will never be the same.

Should've stayed home to watch Survivor & ER!!

Temp has dropped like a rock tonight.

Going in to the 30's tonight,

rain mixed with snow coming over the next few days!! Take me back to the desert!!