Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky # Sevens- July 07 Bandsters

just finished 12 oz of Pro drink.... myfirst for the day.

Yesterday was pretty good... Pro shake a.m., tea, Pro Shake P.m. Tea, coffee, Tea chicken Breast/Carrots for supper.... a 1/4 cup pistachios, choc pudding

Saw my pcp today......I am down a total of 79 lbs. And I no longer have to take my insulin. WHOOPEE!!!! And he took me off one of my blood pressure meds. Slowly but surely, one step at a time. How many times did you have to get up in the night to pee, Janet? I don't have trouble getting my Water in. My eyeballs are usually floating by the time I go to bed at night.

Phyll - I guess you can pack away those red ruby slippers for the summer now that you are home. Bet it felt great to sleep in your own bed.

Gotta go get some water. TTYL

Good morning ladies. :biggrin2:

I have a sore throat this morning. :wink: It feels like I have a cornflake stuck at the back of my throat, or sort of between my nose and my throat. My hubby was complaining of the same thing yesterday.

It was our anniversary yesterday. We went out to a nice Italian restaurant for dinner. It was hard to find something on the menu that didn't make my food conscience cringe. I finally decided that I only have one anniversary a year, so it was okay to have the seafood Pasta even though it had cream sauce. I ate about 3/4 cup, which is more than I normally would, and I had a few sips of hubby's red wine. I didn't order a glass for myself because I knew I'd never be able to drink it all. And I wasn't supposed to be drinking with my meal anyway. I even treated myself to some dessert from their plates. My son ordered a chocolate molten lava cake and it was divine, but I only needed 2 small spoonfuls of that to satisfy me. Hubby got an Italian cheesecake with Amaretto cream and I had 2 small spoonfuls of that as well. It was a really nice evening and I didn't feel guilty about indulging myself, because after all, it was a special occasion. :)

I think I'll walk over to the store and get some honey and lemons and make drinks for hubby and I to ease our boo-boo throats.

Don't forget ladies, the Water Monitor is watching you today. :confused: But I'm not a total meanie, I shall be nice and give you may all hall passes for potty breaks. :thumbup:

I wish I could get a hall pass for potty breaks. I can go potty before 7:30 and then not again until noonish. Good thing I have a bladder like a camel.

Morning everyone!! Just wanted to say hello... I have been really busy lately with school and stuff. I do read every day though! Will post more later... have a good day everyone!

Saw my pcp today......I am down a total of 79 lbs. And I no longer have to take my insulin. WHOOPEE!!!! And he took me off one of my blood pressure meds. Slowly but surely, one step at a time. How many times did you have to get up in the night to pee, Janet? I don't have trouble getting my Water in. My eyeballs are usually floating by the time I go to bed at night.

Phyll - I guess you can pack away those red ruby slippers for the summer now that you are home. Bet it felt great to sleep in your own bed.

It was nice to sleep in my own bed. We have a sleep number bed both at home and in the RV, but the home one is a king size and has a different foundation so it is a little more comfortable. It's also nice to have room to walk around!! But I miss the sunshine!

Oh, forgot to say Welcome home Phyl. Glad you made it back safe and sound. :biggrin2:

Thanks, Ruby!

Boy! I am really feeling the

WATER pressure!!

I'll have to work on that today. On the road I was holding back! I don't like to take off my seat belt and walk back to the BR when we're moving! Now I have no excuse, so I've got to get back to my drinking!

Morning everyone!! Just wanted to say hello... I have been really busy lately with school and stuff. I do read every day though! Will post more later... have a good day everyone!

We miss you. You have a great day, too!

Looking forward to this morning...

going to our "Primetimers" group at church so I'll be seeing friends I haven't seen since October!

After that... back to the unpacking.

I have BASKETS of clothes to go through...

many have to be retired.

And we haven't even brought the hanging clothes in yet! DH and a neighbor hauled things in for about an hour yesterday... refrigerator stuff, kitchen stuff, etc. But didn't want to block up the condo parking lot for too long, so now the RV is over at our daughters.

When we finish putting away all the stuff that's already been hauled in, then we have to go over and get the rest of it! Biggest job for me is all those clothes...

lots of them have to go.. too big.

What a horrible problem!

Our DD & SIL had a big

WELCOME HOME

banner and a little potted rose bush waiting for us when we came in the door yesterday!! It was so sweet! I think DD must have cleaned, too...

there's no dust!! I forgot to ask her if she did that!

Good Morning Ladies

I am 1/2 way thru my 1st bottle of Water :crying: - I guess I could count my coffee this morning - but that's not WATER so I don't :mellow:

Peaches - Sounds like you have restriction :confused:

Kari

CONGRATS ON 79 LBS AND GETTING OFF SOME OF YOUR MEDS :thumbup:

I usually get up once maybe - if the dogs didn't wake me I might not even have to go - it's really cuz they wake me and I just go potty

Ruby

Happy Anniversary - Yes Anniversaries are like B-Days - food Pass :) and it sounds like you did very very good ....

Hope your thoart feels better...

Karri - I might pee my pants - well only if I was drinking my water cuz I ususally only go to the bathroom once a day when I am being bad and not drinking..

Kristin - Hey

Phyl

How sweet of your dDD :scared2: - Unpacking :ohmy: - Clothes too big :wink:

Ok getting my butt to work - TTYL

Good morning everyone. Hope all is going well. Water patrol is looking for your numbers. I have managed the 16 oz for Breakfast, about 8 coffee, 1 Liter of water and am now working on 8 oz Protein Drink. It's only 1030 and I have over half my liquid in!!!!

DH and I went for a walk with the dogs last night. Nothing huge, just about 6 or 8 blocks but 3 of them were uphill. Then he was complaining about his knees and his feet so we went home...and then I went out by myself again and did another half hour on my own! It was even misting out. I told him I was tired of making excuses for it. I need to do it and I'm not going to let myself whine my way out of it. I charge up my ipod last night and will get the ball rolling again at lunch. I usually only have about 10 minutes but it's 10 more than I would have done otherwise.

Phyl, I'm sure it's awesome to be home! We spent one night away at a motel and out of our sleep number bed and I was miserable! I think even another one at a motel wouldn't be the same as my one at home. I do love filling it every day so that when I get in I can go for my "ride" down to my sleep number :crying:) DH calls me weird but I get my kicks so to heck with him.

Karri, how was the meeting? My one on fill day was hilarious. I just kept thinking how you and Janet would have responded to it. I hope I didn't used to be such an excuse giver. There was this one lady who had an excuse for everything she wasn't doing. A reason she wasn't exercising, a reason or six that she wasn't drinking her water, a reason she was still eating pastries and Cookies and other crap like that. Uh...just shut up! I really don't think she understood how stupid she sounded. And then complain because she's only lost 15 pounds! grrrr. Hope you had a better time. If only by supporting the lady you go with.

Ruby, don't apologize for being part of the water patrol. They don't apologize to us for giving us tough food love. Glad you had a nice dinner with DH on your anniversary. That's always important. So sorry you don't feel good though. But you are sharing it with him so it always makes it easier!

Gonna run. Prep time is up in 5 minutes. Have a great day ladies.

GRRrrrrrrr! :crying: So as you know I went to dinner last night and was looking forward to heating some of the leftovers of my meal for lunch. Well I open the box and find someone else's meal in there. :crying: It's chicken with spaghetti noodles, and while it looks nice enough, I just can't bring myself to eat something a stranger has already made their way through, so I fed it to the garbage disposal. I'm sure they feel about my seafood Pasta. So now I'll have to find something else. I do not like when my plans go awry.

Btw, 24oz of Water thus far for me. Can't have Steph waggling her finger at me if I don't set a good example. :smile:

No my meeting was not fun. The nutritionist doesn't like me...and I think I found out today WHY! I have her son in my chemistry class and he doesn't like to do his work. So I have sent many of emails home and talked with the dad often. The kid does NOTHING and then whines when he doesn't get an A. Didn't make a connection last night until I read her last name. Though, she DID know mine since the first meeting. Anyways the lady that I go with is the biggest excuse maker I know. She wanted to know my secrets about what I have done to become so successful. I said...I don't make excuses any more. I'm tired and that is a food trigger...so what...just means I have to make sure I am constantly drinking or ignoring my hunger. Just because I am tired doesn't mean the calories won't count. She added an excuse that it was so hard to cook when she was tired. Uh...NO KIDDING! But you then have a PLAN in place for when you are so tired that you cant cook. I have frozen healthy meals in my freezer for the days I don't want to cook. I am not a huge fan of them, but it is better than nothing. I asked her to tell me the biggest excuses that she makes and that I would try to help her come up with the alternatives. After about 4 tries to stump me with her excuse and me shooting them all down with alternatives...she admitted that she just doesn't put the time into this that she has needed to. I told her yep, lifestyle changes take time. She said that she really didn't understand why she had to change her life. She hasn't been fat all her life so she was just using this to get her weight off. So basically she was just using this to DIET! I wanted to hit her. Well I need to get back to work. Chat later

Hi Everyone

I am on my 3rd water bottle (halfway thru) :tt2:

Yep Step - We use to all be excuse givers:thumbdown: - No longer though :rolleyes2:

Ruby - I know how when you are looking forward to something then its gone -:smile: but look at it this way - you saved a whole bunch of calories by not eating it - I bet whatever else you ate in it's place wasn't as bad as cream sauce :lol: Plus the food pass is over - it just counts for the one day - doesn't include leftovers :tongue:

Karri - I think there are LOTS of ppl out here in band world who think this is just another diet... They are the one who make other think that this is the easy way out - they thought that when the had surgery - Ha Ha people it's not easy.... I don't feel sorry for those kind of ppl - I know I should have more empathy - but I don't - I have a friend who needed to lose 30lbs - got banded - come on now... This is for OBESE people not just overweight...

Well, it's 3:26 40 mins til I go home - then to the gym :biggrin:

Will ck back when I am home from the gym...

For those of you who miss cream sauce (alfredo specifically) they redid the sauce on Biggest Loser the other night and it was really good. Take a little bit of FF evaporated milk and mix with some parmesean cheese and some LF Italian cheese blend mix. We tried it the other night (had 2 bites of chicken and couldn't eat it!) but it was really good and cuts WAY down on the calories. Okay I am going to go take a nap before I go to the gym. I have had three 4AM mornings already this week...for those of you counting...yes that makes EVERY morning. I was a B!^%# all day today. Kinda felt sorry for the kids actually.

GRRrrrrrrr! :rolleyes2: So as you know I went to dinner last night and was looking forward to heating some of the leftovers of my meal for lunch. Well I open the box and find someone else's meal in there. :mad2: It's chicken with spaghetti noodles, and while it looks nice enough, I just can't bring myself to eat something a stranger has already made their way through, so I fed it to the garbage disposal. I'm sure they feel about my seafood Pasta. So now I'll have to find something else. I do not like when my plans go awry.:lol:

That would make me REALLY mad!!

That's why I like to box up my own leftovers...

don't trust them!

Seafood, too.... bummer!

For those of you who miss cream sauce (alfredo specifically) they redid the sauce on Biggest Loser the other night and it was really good. Take a little bit of FF evaporated milk and mix with some parmesean cheese and some LF Italian cheese blend mix. We tried it the other night (had 2 bites of chicken and couldn't eat it!) but it was really good and cuts WAY down on the calories.

I will definitely have to try that... sounds yummy

Hi Everyone

I am on my 3rd Water bottle (halfway thru) :tt2:

Yep Step - We use to all be excuse givers:thumbdown: - No longer though :smile:

Ruby - I know how when you are looking forward to something then its gone -:angry: but look at it this way - you saved a whole bunch of calories by not eating it - I bet whatever else you ate in it's place wasn't as bad as cream sauce :lol: Plus the food pass is over - it just counts for the one day - doesn't include leftovers :tt2:

Karri - I think there are LOTS of ppl out here in band world who think this is just another diet... They are the one who make other think that this is the easy way out - they thought that when the had surgery - Ha Ha people it's not easy.... I don't feel sorry for those kind of ppl - I know I should have more empathy - but I don't - I have a friend who needed to lose 30lbs - got banded - come on now... This is for OBESE people not just overweight...

Well, it's 3:26 40 mins til I go home - then to the gym :lol:

Will ck back when I am home from the gym...

Doing good with your water again!

I've only done about 32 oz so far today of crystal lite and water, and about 3 cups of coffee...

which you said doesn't count!!

Busy day... but I'm NOT making excuses!

I DID go buy a new water bottle at Albertson's.

Mine has been leaking.

I'm trying a different kind.

We went to "Primetimers" at church today.

I had lots of compliments from all those folks

who hadn't seen me in 5 1/2 mos.....

AND I could swear some of those

old guys kept staring at me and grinning!!

I told DH they were flirting with me!!

So he wants to know who so he can

punch their lights out!

:biggrin::):tongue:

That is wonderful news! tO BE ABLE TO GET OFF MEDICATIONS :rolleyes2: